2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, 11 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 108 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 107 108
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by GidgetKeys
Yes, you need a cable from the headphone jack on the iPad to the keyboard.

That would be the easiest way if WeakLeftHand's keyboard has an audio input. Otherwise, a cheap mixing board is needed. See this point in this thread for discussion of this and other possibilities.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Thanks.

I have determined that my DP does not have an audio input, just 2 phone jacks (I suppose they are both output)?

Now I gotta go figure out the cheap mixing board option that Tyrone Slothrop posted.

Kawai K500
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand
I have determined that my DP does not have an audio input, just 2 phone jacks ... Now I gotta go figure out the cheap mixing board option ...

You can avoid the external mixer if you run Piano Marvel + a VST like Pianoteq, together on the computer. Great way to de-clutter your workspace.

This just works on a Mac, on a Windows PC you might have to fiddle with the ASIO settings to make it mix multiple audio streams.

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Groove On
Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand
I have determined that my DP does not have an audio input, just 2 phone jacks ... Now I gotta go figure out the cheap mixing board option ...

You can avoid the external mixer if you run Piano Marvel + a VST like Pianoteq, together on the computer. Great way to de-clutter your workspace.

This just works on a Mac, on a Windows PC you might have to fiddle with the ASIO settings to make it mix multiple audio streams.

I have not gotten this to work on Win10 with ASIO4ALL with only the PC's own audio interface on the motherboard, but I have gotten it to work with an external audio interface with its own ASIO driver.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Piano Marvel as released a new version of their app but it doesn't install on my Windows 10. Just hangs mid-install. Anyone else have this problem?

[Linked Image]

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Piano Marvel as released a new version of their app but it doesn't install on my Windows 10. Just hangs mid-install. Anyone else have this problem?

I rebooted my Windows machine and found that this time, the new version of the PM app installed correctly without hanging. So if anyone has a hanging problem, try rebooting.

I wonder if this version supports the new release of Musescore?

[Linked Image]

Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline

I rebooted my Windows machine and found that this time, the new version of the PM app installed correctly without hanging. So if anyone has a hanging problem, try rebooting.

I think you should ask that to the team of PM. How do you know that there is a new version of the APP? I have already proposed to send a newsletter when something new comes and what has changed. How Do you proceed in PM? I can already do the quarter combos that I feared for so long. smile

Piano Marvel level 4E and everything I like smile
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sarah65

I think you should ask that to the team of PM. How do you know that there is a new version of the APP?

When I started PM on my Windows 10 computer, a window popped up saying there was a new version of the PM app, v10.21. However, I just tried it on my MacBook, and nothing like that popped up. It's possible this was just a release to fix some Windows bugs.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try it out since now my DP doesn't want to turn on! shocked cry

Are you on Mac or Windows? If on Windows, is your version already 10.21?

I have already proposed to send a newsletter when something new comes and what has changed.

Great idea.

How Do you proceed in PM? I can already do the quarter combos that I feared for so long. smile

I've still only been using PM to learn pieces from outside PM (I upload my own stuff). But very timely for the PW Nordic Recital which is open for registration on ABF, I see there is a new songbook of piano pieces from the Norwegian composer Grieg!

At some point, I think I will finish the levels in PM though. It sort of teases me that I am only halfway though... smile

[Linked Image]

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
By the way, Josh told me he fixed the import bug I ran into when exporting from a StaffPad and importing into PM. It was the bug where all but the last few measures were cut off in PM. PM does seem fixed but I ran into a crash exporting the Midi file in StaffPad, lol. So, I took the exported MusicXML file from StaffPad, imported it into MuseScore and exported a Midi file and MusicXML from there and it worked in PM. Now, I have to report the StaffPad bug.

I hope fingerings from MuseScore import correctly into PM. Anybody try that?

On another topic, I feel that the legato lines in PM are too close to the bottom of the staff such that they sometimes trick me into playing wrong notes while sightreading. Anybody else have that feeling?

Last edited by LarryK; 04/04/19 08:26 AM.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by LarryK
On another topic, I feel that the legato lines in PM are too close to the bottom of the staff such that they sometimes trick me into playing wrong notes while sightreading. Anybody else have that feeling?

The ledger lines seem fine to me. They are positioned based on the size of the noteheads, so it's a bit standard.

[Linked Image]

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L

The ledger lines seem fine to me. They are positioned based on the size of the noteheads, so it's a bit standard.

Can I change the size of the note heads in PM? :-) In printed music, I feel that the ledger lines are much farther away from the staff than in PM. That’s my gut feeling, I will compare. The solution is to play only staccato. :-)

Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline

I think you should ask that to the team of PM. How do you know that there is a new version of the APP?

When I started PM on my Windows 10 computer, a window popped up saying there was a new version of the PM app, v10.21. However, I just tried it on my MacBook, and nothing like that popped up. It's possible this was just a release to fix some Windows bugs.[/quote]

I have v.10.21 a long time. They send it to me because I get a lot "unexpected error" Maybe thats why I don't see the popup smile I'm on windows 8.1.

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
My fingerings do not come across from MuseScore. :-( Sad.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

You might be doing it wrong. Mine come over. How are you inserting fingering? Using the Musescore fingering panel?

[Linked Image]

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L

You might be doing it wrong. Mine come over. How are you inserting fingering? Using the Musescore fingering panel?

Clearly, I am doing something wrong!

I double click on a note to select it and then I double click on the Staff Text in the pallet to put the text above the note. I see that is my problem.

How do I bring up the fingering pallet?

I see I can add fingering by selecting a note and pressing 1-5. That should do it.

Last edited by LarryK; 04/04/19 10:44 AM.
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
I use a plugin in musescore for the fingering, not tested yet in PM

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Ok, I got the fingering to work. Selecting a note in MuseScore and hitting a number did not work for me but selecting a note and using the Add/Text/Fingering menu option did work for me and the fingerings transferred into PM.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Ok, I got the fingering to work. Selecting a note in MuseScore and hitting a number did not work for me but selecting a note and using the Add/Text/Fingering menu option did work for me and the fingerings transferred into PM.

As an alternative to menu options, on the Mac, there is a left window with all the palettes and fingering is one of the palettes. Don't know if this is on Windows though.

[Linked Image]

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L

As an alternative to menu options, on the Mac, there is a left window with all the palettes and fingering is one of the palettes. Don't know if this is on Windows though.

I stare at that little palette window, and can’t figure out which option does the fingering. How is it labeled? I tried searching in help which led me to the menu option.

I think I have demonstrated that Staff Text does not transfer into PM.

Last edited by LarryK; 04/05/19 04:17 AM.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

I stare at that little palette window, and can’t figure out which option does the fingering. How is it labeled? I tried searching in help which led me to the menu option.

I think I have demonstrated that Staff Text does not transfer into PM.

[Linked Image]

There is a little pull-down at the bottom of the Palettes window. If yours says "Basic," switch to "Advanced" first as in the screen shown above.

[Linked Image]

Page 30 of 108 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 107 108

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission