It's been a long time comin' but I've decided it's now or never. So, the journey to find my perfect piano has begun. I'd like to record my experiences here and use this forum for asking questions as they come about, if that's ok.

I'm in the market for a new or used piano in the concert grand size. I'm not concerned with pricing at this stage. If a 7 footer comes along with great voicing and perfect action, I'll take it. Thanks for reading along and seeing where this search takes me. So far I'm intrigued with the process of selecting and buying a really unique instrument of high quality.

I've auditioned in Portland, New York and Miami. I've found out I can identify a piano I don't like pretty quickly, when it comes to the sound of the instrument. Today I gave a serious listening to 18 grands of various brands but mostly new Yamahas. I was surprised by how warm they were compared to the ones I knew in the 1980s and 90s. Have any of you experienced listening fatigue after auditioning pianos for an hour or longer? I'm concerned that what I think sounds good actually doesn't. The longer I listened to each piano I initially liked, the more lacking I found it. Has that happened to you? I have many more questions but let's start here. Thank you for your input.