2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 1,485 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 146 of 302 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 301 302
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by trebb

A closer look into the RE data reveals a range mismatch in the metronome volume. The UI thinks it is 0--10 which is translated by the MB into 1--11. So on every roundtrip, the value is being incremented.

I pretty much figured it was the result of an OBO error. Thanks for confirming, trebb!

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yes, thank you for your clear reporting chaps.

My colleague confirmed that this bug will be fixed in the next software update, which should be issued in a few days time.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Which type of cable is needed to use the USB 2 Host? USB A to B? USB 2.0?

JoBert Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
The piano side is USB-B. The other side is whatever your host device requires. Usually USB-A. So a typical USB "printer cable".
And USB 2.0 is fine, yes.

Kawai Novus NV10
My amateur piano recordings on YouTube
Latest Recording: Always With Me (from Studio Ghibli: Spirited Away)
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Kawai James

My colleague confirmed that this bug will be fixed in the next software update, which should be issued in a few days time.

Kind regards,
James
x

Thanks for the confirmation James! Looking forward to the update. For me, this would be the third time Kawai pushed out a firmware release in response to bugs I've reported. So while you can't do everything or please everyone every time, I can only say good things about how Kawai service (and James) have responded to issues.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Good to see that these issues are getting addressed in a timely manner.

A
arc Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A

Kind regards,
James
x

James, please note that it seems that the dimensions of the NV10 specified at the the Kawai websites are not correct (this comes from a discussion on the N1X thread...) According to the spec, the NV10 height is 92.5 cm, the same height as the CA97. But that number seems to be wrong, as the NV10's height should be around 97cm. Large distributors/dealers like thomann are also reporting the wrong height. This is just a minor detail but I think it is worth to double check the numbers on the specs. Thanks!

J
J
Here I am! Kawai accept to get back my defective NV10.
I don't understand why we have spend mounths waiting for a ressampling that was a fake news instead of trying to repair...
Anyway as I am no more confident with Kawai (First I was supposed to be enable to ear correctly and second I had to wait for something that obviously would never come), instead of exchange I will have a look to the new Yamaha N1X that seems almost equivalent.
It's too bad because I liked so much the action and the design...

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jgbs
I don't understand why we have spend mounths waiting for a ressampling that was a fake news instead of trying to repair...
Anyway as I am no more confident with Kawai (First I was supposed to be enable to ear correctly and second I had to wait for something that obviously would never come), instead of exchange I will have a look to the new Yamaha N1X that seems almost equivalent.
It's too bad because I liked so much the action and the design...

Congratulations on the return. It sounds like it was a struggle but finally resolved. Good luck on the N1X. Check out the N1X thread and definitely suggest you thoroughly try out the N1X in the store before buying. I am still waiting for N1X to appear in my local piano stores as I decided I will definitely be trying before buying!

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
I am still waiting for N1X to appear in my local piano stores as I decided I will definitely be trying before buying!

Despite being the new hotness, traditionally not a lot of shops will stock the AGs unless they have a direct order (probably the same with the NV10) since the hybrids are a niche category. You may have to travel a few miles to find one.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Gombessa
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
I am still waiting for N1X to appear in my local piano stores as I decided I will definitely be trying before buying!

Despite being the new hotness, traditionally not a lot of shops will stock the AGs unless they have a direct order (probably the same with the NV10) since the hybrids are a niche category. You may have to travel a few miles to find one.

There is one piano store here in the Washington DC metropolitan area, which had the N3X and N2 on their showroom floor. They used to have an N1 through at least December, but I think it was subsequently sold - it was in this store that I tried the N1 back in December. I've been patiently waiting for them to stock the N1X which is only a matter of time since they have both the N2 and N3X on display.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
A shop that already stocks the range is definitely a good bet. When I was shopping for an NV10, I called several local shops, 2 out of 3 were Kawai dealers but really had no intention of carrying it (other than in the event of a direct order sight unseen).

Since your shop carries the N3X and N2, have you tried them? The key action should be identical in the N1, and the sound identical on the N3X. Turn off TRS and the only real differences will be how the pedals feel and the Ivorite keytops.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
J
J
Of course I will try it... And I will take all my time.
And yes it is difficult to find it. I have to travel to Paris (650 km).
As I reserved for the Toutankhamon show early may, I will wait this date to find a shop where I can play the N1X.
And during this time I am attentively following the N1X thread to see if any issue is discovered...

JoBert Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
jgbs, I know you are fed up, but have you considered waiting for the update that James says is imminent, to see if it makes a difference?

Kawai Novus NV10
My amateur piano recordings on YouTube
Latest Recording: Always With Me (from Studio Ghibli: Spirited Away)
J
J
Frankly speacking I think that the problem I encontered can not be solved with software. It is not only a small trouble but serious issue so that I can't imagine that people who are fully satisfied, like you, could ignore this issue. That is why I think that the problem comes from some disfunction in the hardware of my piano.
And when the technician came home, he just repeat stupidly that the resampling was the solution.
I don't trust anymore Kawai people, in France at least.

Online Content
Hello arc7urus,

Originally Posted by arc7urus
James, please note that it seems that the dimensions of the NV10 specified at the the Kawai websites are not correct (this comes from a discussion on the N1X thread...) According to the spec, the NV10 height is 92.5 cm, the same height as the CA97. But that number seems to be wrong, as the NV10's height should be around 97cm. Large distributors/dealers like thomann are also reporting the wrong height. This is just a minor detail but I think it is worth to double check the numbers on the specs. Thanks!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention (I noticed your previous post in the N1X thread also).

Unfortunately, you are correct. The dimensions listed in the NV10 owner's manual show an incorrect height value:

Incorrect: 1480 (W) x 645 (D) x 925 (H) mm
Correct: 1480 (W) x 645 (D) x 995 (H) mm

I'm trying to get to the bottom of how this error came about, however suffice it to say that the same mistake was repeated in other materials such as the brochure, website, dealer sales materials etc.

I have already updated the owner's manual and brochure PDFs stored on the Kawai Global website, as also the NV10 product page. My colleagues working at Kawai subsidiaries overseas have also been informed, so will update their respective websites shortly.

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to my attention. My apologies for any inconvenience caused as a result of this error.

Kind regards,
James
x

Online Content
Hello jgbs,

I'm sorry to hear that you have already returned your NV10. As JoBert notes, a new software update will be released shortly that fixes various bugs, and adjusts certain internal parameters that may influence the sound.

It's regrettable that the Kawai France employee did not provide the correct information to you.

Kind regards,
James
x

J
J
Hello jgbs,

I'm sorry to hear that you have already returned your NV10. As JoBert notes, a new software update will be released shortly that fixes various bugs, and adjusts certain internal parameters that may influence the sound.

It's regrettable that the Kawai France employee did not provide the correct information to you.

Kind regards,
James
x

Hello James,

At this moment I have just an agreement for return but the piano is always home and probably for some days. So if the update comes soon and correct the issue I could probably change my mind.
For me, it would be much more comfortable.

Online Content
Hello jgbs, thank you for your reply.

At this moment I have just an agreement for return but the piano is always home and probably for some days. So if the update comes soon and correct the issue I could probably change my mind.
For me, it would be much more comfortable.

Okay, I see.
I have asked R&D for a status update regarding the update, so hopefully it will be issued shortly, and I can upload to the Kawai Global website.

I'm afraid I cannot guarantee that the forthcoming update will resolve the issue that you are experiencing, however it's certainly worth trying. It would be most unfortunate for you to return your NV10, only for a software update to be issued the following day!

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
James
x

J
J
Thanks James, you make a very good job for Kawai!

Page 146 of 302 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 301 302

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission