2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, 10 invisible), 2,102 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Alex C Offline OP
OP Offline
A

Hmm, I always find the Native Instrument (Galaxy) pianos lacking in emotion, so I never use them. This one.. I don't know, there's a touch of that in this too I think. Well more demos will come out in the future that'll show what it can do.

Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra

whitepianos.blogspot.com
B
B
Very interesting, a Yamaha CFX recorded by Uli from Galaxy Instruments. The piano was hand picked by Nils Frahm who also has a relationship with Klavins who made the Giant upright and a large custom upright for Nils. Two patches, pure and felt. 16 gb in size, considerably larger than other NI Galaxy pianos. I expect this one to be very similar to Grandeur and Vintage D in programming. Also includes repealling and half pedalling, again probably with similar programming. Since Grandeur is still my go to favorite, I will be picking this up on the next sale.

S
S
I love The Grandeur and The Maverick but, if this one has the same pedaling bugs, it is not for me.

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
This video (private review) says more about it. I like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DEBkjI3bEs

Last edited by slobajudge; 03/25/19 04:12 PM.
A
Alex C Offline OP
OP Offline
A
The felt piano sounds better than the ones by the competition, of that I need no convincing. I need to hear more of the basic piano version (pure). It seems to have been recorded really close.

A
Alex C Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Regarding the quality of the felt piano, just listen to the intro of the following video:

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Old wine in new wineskins, as far as I can hear and see. By the way, why don't Native Instruments ever offer multiple microphone positions, like so many other companies in the field of virtual instruments do? Is it a principle for them, do they have something against it?

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
T
T
Sorry if this is offtopic, but I'm thinking about trying a VST once, however I was curious if I don't seem to like it after buying, is there any way of getting a refund?

I would happily try one as long as I know I won't throw 150$ if I just don't like it. Thank you!

www.youtube.com/channel/UC073i6RnxK4NcnoFp1jYh7Q The place where I ocasionally post my amateur recordings smile
Criticism is welcomed since it helps improving and going forward!

Yamaha P-105 -> Roland HP-605 -> Roland LX708
There are no refunds on Native instruments software, which are usually Kontakt requiring rather than vsts.

This is usually the case with other VST developers, but not all of them, you have to check each.

Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra

whitepianos.blogspot.com
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by tudor33sud
Sorry if this is offtopic, but I'm thinking about trying a VST once, however I was curious if I don't seem to like it after buying, is there any way of getting a refund?

I would happily try one as long as I know I won't throw 150$ if I just don't like it. Thank you!

FWIW - You can download a free demo of Pianoteq. 20 minute limit and a few keys are disabled. - Otherwise fully functional.

Last edited by newbert; 03/25/19 08:15 PM.

Bert
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
G
G
Nice. While reading the page and not seeing a brand name again I was under the assumption this would be another Steinway, but it's cool to see more CFX as well!

So does anyone know if this has pedal down samples? I assume not, considering its size and seeing how it's made by the same people who did the previous libraries.

S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
I like it. Re pedal down samples, I'm.not too fussed, because I think the way they simulate it is good. (assuming it's similar to The Grandeur etc)

Greg

A
Alex C Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Listened to all the demos. The Noire Pure version really sounds bright, think 'Elton John' bright. And it's completely dry, without any sense of microphone distance and air pressure. I like the Noire Felt version better, which sounds dark (yet not muffled) and emotive. Very interesting for recording film or TV scores.

G
G
If it does indeed not have pedal down samples - and from the looks of it, it doesn't - then I would hope that there is some kind of improvement over the last Galaxy pianos. The emulation is nice but nothing that would please me after spending plenty of time with libraries that do have pedal down samples.

With that said I'm looking forward to playing this. I wonder though why there is no introductory sale. That's a big letdown. Anyone know how long it took in the past for new Native Instruments libraries to go on sale for the first time? Because I am certainly not going to buy this at full price. There's not much space left in my unused Kontakt library graveyard, the stench of rotting gigabytes of poor samples, noise, missing half pedaling and pedal down samples, crappy velocity layers and scripting problems is already unbearable, and if (when) Noire turns out to be a disappointment, I don't want it to hurt as much as in the past.

B
B
To my knowledge, NI only does sales on individual libraries at the end of the year for Black Friday. There are usually spring and summer sales, but these focus more on hardware and Komplete packages/upgrades. My purchases with them have been early December at sale prices. You may check your account to see if you have any vouchers for discounts with them.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yes, this one is tickling my G.A.S.
I agree with you about this ...
Originally Posted by sullivang
I like it. Re pedal down samples, I'm.not too fussed, because I think the way they simulate it is good. (assuming it's similar to The Grandeur etc)
But I hope they've eliminated the Grandeur's pedal-down bass-honk.

G
G
Originally Posted by bsntn99
To my knowledge, NI only does sales on individual libraries at the end of the year for Black Friday. There are usually spring and summer sales, but these focus more on hardware and Komplete packages/upgrades. My purchases with them have been early December at sale prices. You may check your account to see if you have any vouchers for discounts with them.

Thank you, I just checked, didn't have any vouchers. So I guess I'm gonna wait for Black Friday.

S
S
Pulled the plug and bought it based on the videos.

Wow - absolutely stunning. Up until now I've only tested the pure sounds and it easily beats all my favourites, which are Galaxy D, Bechstein Digital, Ravenscroft and Ivory Fazioli. I like pianos with a clean, dry, well-recorded and even tone that can be sculptured as needed and this piano delivers. It has the distinct CFX sound, with its focussed mid range. It's well tuned and softly voiced, but increasing the tone control to 10% gives a preferable slightly harder attack. It's easily as playable as the Garritan CFX, but without the annoying hiss in the low velocity layers.

Yes, I'm in love, and have not started on the FX and Felt piano.

The only thing I'm missing is una corda samples. I can easily live without pedal down samples.

R
R

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission