2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (beeboss, Animisha, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,277 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by squidbot
This is sort of silly, but does anyone else think people look ridiculous with an 88 key keyboard on their lap?

Ha ha ... yes, I was thinking the same thing. An 88 key keyboard on the lap looks ridiculous. I get that from the sales/marketing perspective that there is probably a market for a light 88 key keyboard and thus a good reason for including the shots of the Go 88 on people's laps - I have no doubt they'll sell a lot.

But for me the appeal of the "Go Piano" is about having a "Travel Piano" - one you can easily take with you wherever you Go .... There are already a lot of 'portable" 73/88 key stage/slab pianos, but it's not the same as having a "Travel Piano" - which to me is 61 weighted keys in a compact form factor. The Go 61 is almost there, minus the weighted keys.

[Linked Image]

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Wow, nice pic. Where is that, if you don't mind me asking?

I spent New Year's on Boracay island (Philippines). With my Go 61 "Travel Piano" along I even got to jam with the NYE Latin band! (using the Go 61 + Pianoteq). The next morning, found a nice spot to practice.

We are the music makers,
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Wow, lovely! wink

Coincidentally, my wife and I stayed on Camotes island over the new year! I would like to visit Boracay next, as I hear it's far quieter and cleaner (no partying etc.) following the 6 month closure.

Where are you based, by the way?

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Wow, lovely! wink Coincidentally, my wife and I stayed on Camotes island over the new year! I would like to visit Boracay next, as I hear it's far quieter and cleaner (no partying etc.) following the 6 month closure. Where are you based, by the way?

I'm based in California / SF Bay Area, but with lots of travel to Asia.

Boracay island is much cleaner and quieter. The beach is now reserved for people, no more loud parties, smoking or annoying vendors past the property lines. The shutdown and new rules killed all the noisy "boom boom" music during the day. The only sounds I heard on the beach was the waves and the hum of some electrical generators.

I brought the GO 61 to the beach during sunsets and that was a treat to play. The size is just right for that type of thing. One bonus, I got several invites to jam with some locals, once they saw the keyboard - lot of guitarists, drummers etc. on the island but keyboardists are rare - which was great!

Bringing the GO 61 on the trip was a non-event. The check-in clerks did not bat an eye; they just asked about the contents and slapped on a Fragile sticker. Paid an extra US$30 to bring it on the domestic island flight. A big relief - the GO 61 fits neatly inside almost any taxi or tricycle (local transport), I'd even feel confident with it while sitting on the back of a motorcycle.

If I had the GO 88 I'd would think twice about bringing it on an international trip like that. I'd worry about the size of the taxi or having to put it on top of local transport, which sounds like a hassle. So while the GO 88 "Play Anywhere" slogan is warranted, I'm not sure it's the same as "Travel Anywhere" which is better suited to the GO 61.

We are the music makers,
Online Content
Thanks for the additional info!

Yes, Boracay sounds terrific! wink I gather that the Philippine authorities are planning similar "clean-up" operations on other islands/resorts too.

The GO61 is ideal for travelling, and it would indeed be cool to jam with local bands while on holiday! I might have to consider getting one! wink

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Isn't this thing more portable?

If you wonder what may happen if you start learning piano as an adult (at the age of 33, for example) - subscribe my channel and let's find this out together:)
YoutubeChannel

Nord Piano 5

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by PianoStartsAt33
Isn't this thing more portable?

I'd never heard of a CDP-S100, I guess it's not available in the U.S. - But looking it up, it's 23.1 lbs.

But the Numa Compact 2 is 15.6 lbs. Lots of nice features. It won't run on batteries, though.

S
S
I think this looks really promising at 15.5 pounds. It says it has 10w x2 speakers. That should be pretty loud considering the FP30 which I have is 11W x2
I wonder how this will sound as a stand alone instrument for small venues?

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord"

Roland FP30
I can bet the go88 action is the same as the go61 action, which is sort of weirdish synth action made in a very light box. It works but I have an issue with some uneven velocity - some keys simply don't respond the same way as other keys... anyway, still it is awesome for travel.
However I think maybe the Piagerro from Yamaha may have a tiny bit more playable action - I used to have that as well but it is little bigger than the GO so I kept the GO.

Casio PX-860, Roland Fantom G, Kurzweil PC1X, Korg Micro X
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission