2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, 10 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
13 Michael KK Lamb

You're doing well, man. Decent pieces, both linked, and very well performed. You don't ever forget how to ride a bike . . .

14 Bsharp Cyclist

Great sound on your piano; increase the Pianoteq content and you'll get that slightly out of tune sound, and a great sense of spaciousness too. Very good playing, steady and pleasant sounding.

15 Solfinker

You got a magical number of notes to the minute here. Short, great sounding. Nice piano . .

16 Snejana

Soft, gentle lovely sound, like for a hymn. Loved the peacefulness of this. That digital sounded like it had soft hammers to give it such a perspective.

17 Cmb13

Sounds so un-Bach like. Such music is timeless and the basis for almost everything we do now. Apart from rap. Good work on this tricky piece.

18 Greener

Love this piece. I find it hard to maintain a decent slow pace. You achieve this nicely. The bit at 2.30 is indeed tricky but rewarding when you get through it unscathed! Fine work, Jeff!

19 and 20 Megan R

A double surprise! You get such a fine sound out of that spinet. A little piano that thinks it's a grand. And sounds like one. I want one . . . . .Lovely steady work. Nowt wrong wi those, lass!

I'll attend to the longer ones before long . . . . .you know how it is for time. Thanks all for posting these. It's great fun listening to it all.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the comments to those who listened.

There really seem to be a lot less viewing, listening and comments on the themed recitals, and I think it could be because they are locked in the subtopic area. I wonder if when they are first posted this should be moved back to ABF for a while (the recital and comment threads).

Will repost this elsewhere also.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
O
outo Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
O
I am sorry for not commenting individually...Just have too much to do these days. I listened through them all before the recital went out and they were all wonderful!

K
K

here's a bunch comments by me:

01. Jason Lenthe - Invention #13 in A Minor, BWV 783
Excellent! You managed to play this fast with each part sounding loud and clear.

02. sinophilia - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
Loved the arrangement and loved your playing.

04. dynamobt/Marilyn - Invention #6 E Major
another invention played with great clarity in each voice, well done!

05. Claudemir Medeiros - Polonaise BWV anh 128
Muito bom! smile

08. Greener/Jeff - Badinerie
always been one of my favorites from Bach. It still can use some slow work in order to improve the coordination of each part, but it's a good work in progress and the piece is challenging indeed.

15. Solfinker - Little Prelude BWV 927
well played, sounds like a fun one, gonna try it as well.

19. MeganR - Prelude in D Minor BWV 940
same as above, nicely played and didn't know this one, so now look forward to try it myself

21. PikaPianist - Prelude in C major BWV846
really nice, liked the dynamics and also your choice of playing with the una corda pedal

22. PikaPianist - Prelude in D minor BWV851
loved it! Again, great control of the dynamics.

25. Peterws - Siciliano
one of my favorite from Bach. There's room for improvement but it's already very good nonetheless.

30. Melchiorblade7 (Matt) - WTC Book 1 - Prelude No. 2 in C Minor
31. Melchiorblade7 (Matt) - WTC Book 1 - Fugue No. 2 in C Minor
good technique, very enjoyable performance of both the prelude and the fugue.

32. Ido - JS Bach - Invention No.1 in C major
more slow paced than usual performances but very precise and pleasant to listen to

36. AssociateX (Liz) - Prelude - F Minor WTC 2 BWV 881
didn't know this prelude, very nice discovery, thanks for posting.

I
Ido Offline
I
Kalos Piano thank you very much and also to all the people who listened!

Started playing piano in early 2017. My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyp3JmDfITneq2uSgyb-5Q/videos
J
J
Thank you for comments, and listening. For me it was a huge step forward. So far I was very afraid to let other people listen to my performances. I am very happy to be here.

Kawai DS 65
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
"It's especially fun to play with a drum track and base line. It would probably sound great played by a heavy metal band on distorted electric guitar."

There are actually a bunch of videos on YouTube that do exactly this. This was my favorite smile I enjoyed your rendition as well.

Now learning: Debussy Clar de Lune, Mozart Sonata in C K. 545, Joplin The Chrysanthemum
Instruments: Yamaha N1X, Roland GO:PIANO, Piano de Voyage
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Sorry I am late on responding here - work has been crazy. I have listened to a few performances so far and they have all been great! I will begin commenting out of order and will eventually get to everyone over the next week or so.

07. SiFi - Simon Finlow - Partita #2 BWV 826, Sarabande and Caprice

Performed with integrity of the lines, excellent phrasing, and the illusive "flow" that so many performances of Bach just don't achieve for me. This was a great mixture of intellectual respect for the score with a human melodic touch. When I listen to a really good Bach performance I get a physical feeling in my brain and body that is almost a head rush, and this did that for me. Thank you!

11. Tim Adrianson - Goldberg Aria -- Mid-range Variations and 12. - Aria -- Far out Variations

Your performances were my first introduction to these compositional projects, and I thank you for that. I enjoyed them very much. When listening to your performances I was able to focus easily completely on the music and how interesting it was, and enjoy the musicality that you imparted to it. You "got out of the way" as a performer while still keeping a warm human touch and when dealing with Bach and Bach derivative pieces that is something I really appreciate! Nicely done with great sound, articulations, and concepts. I was impressed with your innate musicality.

33. Justyna ewa - Nun kommder Heiden Heiland

I listened to this piece as one of the first performances because I have also played this and love it. You have a very good sense of melody, musicality, and rubato. The only thing I would suggest is to take a bit more time in certain areas to bask in the harmonies and sound, but this is a really solid performance. I thought you did a particularly good job keeping a focus on the right hand melodies even when the texture got a bit dense. I would be curious to know what you think of when playing this work from an emotional standpoint!

Last edited by computerpro3; 03/30/19 09:24 PM.

Shigeru Kawai SK7
Kawai NV10S
Hallet & Davis 165
J
J
Computerpro3, I am really happy, you liked my performance. As for harmonies, I don't know if I understand well, you mean to give more "temporary" space for resonance? If so you are probably right, I have a general problem of not giving myself enough time during performance just to enjoy the sound. I have impression it would be boring or annoying for listeners. It's stupid, I know. Another issue is I need to be more conscious about the acoustics of the room. What I was thinking about during performance... to bring most of the eternal beauty that is in this music - very demanding expectation from myself, to give this musical logos a proper body, sometimes Bach is like a vehicle to travel beyond time and space, so let's say there were moments, I was out there. Sorry if that sounds crazy. I do not have such connotations with other composers, at least not that often. With this particular piece, as I wrote in commentary at the Themed Recital Website, I suppose the topic of redemption of the sinful world by an intervention of divinity is really present in this piece. It does not necesarilly mean, you have to take it from the religious perspective. It might be also understood as something good, luminous, and caring entering the realm of the fall to begin transformation.

Kawai DS 65
D
D
dynamobt/Marilyn--Great job! This is one of my favorite inventions, too, and I also enjoyed playing it at some point (in fact, it was one of the first pieces my teacher assigned to me when I resumed taking lessons in my twenties).

Overall, a wonderful recital. Sorry it took me so long to respond--our spring break started on March 16th, right after the recital closed, and we traveled some, so I've been listening off and on to a few pieces at a time. Thanks, everybody!

L
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
L
It is not only addictive to play, but also to listen smile
Btw. some metal bands do incorporate Bach into their music. For example Symphony X has a fragment of 1052 concerto in their song a fool's paradise.

Kawai CN41
Kawai BL51
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission