Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
127 registered members (anotherscott, ADWyatt, AlphaBravoCharlie, Animisha, amyram, AWilley, Andrew_G, 8ude, 36251, Ankee, 26 invisible), 1,974 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Petzold Minuet in G-Major. Please, help! [Re: Vladimir Dounin] #2828996
03/20/19 10:29 AM
03/20/19 10:29 AM
USA
A
Andamento Offline
Andamento  Offline
A

USA
Vladimir,

Some of the problem may be a language barrier, but you are still doing what Ken Knapp warned you against. This is taken from a thread of yours in the Pianist Corner, where you quote Ken Knapp's message to you:

Yes, I CAN HELP everyone. I followed your link and invited this poster to take from me a public lesson (as it was described many times already).

However administrator of this site prohibited me to do so.

I quote him below:

"Self Promotion [by Ken Knapp]

Hello.

You might not be aware but there are forum rules against promoting your business on the forums. While we sometimes allow people to share things related to their business they are giving away for free, I believe your offerings are crossing the line.

While you offer your services for free, I also see you want to use the forum for those lessons..

I invite you to take on line lessons from me right HERE, on this forum. My advantages:

1. I teach FREE (it is just demonstration of my NEW for you and other teachers way to teach..

2. You get the results IMMEDIATELY in a very first 30-60 minutes.

Details in my numerous posts here and on other sites.

These forums are hosted at considerable expense and are not here to provide a means for people to conduct their business, free or otherwise. They are here for discussion and paid advertising.

Thank you!"

Note especially the part of the quote I put in bold print:

"These forums are hosted at considerable expense and are not here to provide a means for people to conduct their business, free or otherwise. They are here for discussion and paid advertising."

Even after that warning of Ken's, you are still trying to conduct business here. You are attempting to strong-arm people into taking your tests, and labeling people as opponents (your response to PianistLady on March 14):

I never wanted TO TEST YOU. I do not know and will never know YOU, so you personally do not exist for me. However, I wanted TO TEST MY METHOD PUBLICLY with YOU together. Not because of your personality but because of your FUNCTION here as my opponent.

...insinuating people are scared to do what you want them to do (your response to Keystring last night):

I want to show everyone a very good method of teaching music at a distance in action. I want everyone to see its practical application and immediate results. I say - look: this method immediately and completely changes and improves ANY performance of ANY musician.

You and your allies would never want to give me the opportunity to show my method in action. Instead, you spend hundreds of words to prove that the method is no good... What are you afraid of?

...and implying that I (and presumably others) are people who don't love beauty in music because we're not submitting to your teaching and/or are not giving the answers you want to hear (your reply to me in the Pianist Corner March 12):

Is an ability to play beautifully and being loved by audience is not important for you?

Of course aesthetic beauty in music is important, but neither you nor any other individual has the one true method for achieving beautiful tone.

Stop trying to teach here. You reposted Ken's warning to you on March 15, but since then, you've shown that you are still trying to teach forum members, anyway, as evidenced by your reply to Keystring yesterday:

I have already explained several times that I have a very effective TEACHING method. But I never said that I have a set of magic words that replaces the work on the student and on his/her music. No one set of magic words can substitute playing and listening to real music.

To demonstrate the method and its impact, I need a real student (without a name, address, appearance, etc. - I absolutely do not need it). Only in this case will the effect of the method be seen. Here should be student's playing BEFORE the lesson, and then playing AFTER the lesson (when short but effective assignment is done).

In my ads, I indicate: "Immediate result during a one-hour lesson or you do not pay at all".

[Bold emphasis mine.] We are not your students, and Piano World is not a place to be testing your methods. Period.

Last edited by Andamento; 03/20/19 10:38 AM.
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Petzold Minuet in G-Major. Please, help! [Re: Vladimir Dounin] #2829083
03/20/19 01:36 PM
03/20/19 01:36 PM
Toronto, Canada
T
thepianoplayer416 Online content
500 Post Club Member
thepianoplayer416  Online Content
500 Post Club Member
T

Toronto, Canada
Do the 2 students have to play the same G Major Minuet? You can probably get the 2 to take turn playing the Major and the Minor Minuet 1 after another. The original Petzold G major & minor Minuets were written as a pair so you can get the 2 to work on both pieces. The one who sounded better playing the G Major will play that piece. The other will get the G Minor.

Re: Petzold Minuet in G-Major. Please, help! [Re: thepianoplayer416] #2829089
03/20/19 01:40 PM
03/20/19 01:40 PM
Boynton Beach, FL
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Morodiene  Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Boynton Beach, FL
Originally Posted by thepianoplayer416
Do the 2 students have to play the same G Major Minuet? You can probably get the 2 into taking turn playing the Major and the Minor Minuet 1 after another. The original Petzold G major & minor Minuets were written as a pair so you can get the 2 to work on both pieces. The one who sounded better playing the G Major will play that piece. The other will get the G Minor.

Not a bad compromise, if the thread were actually involving two students. But it was the OP's attempt to compare two versions of his own playing for other reasons. No students with duplicate pieces were harmed in the making of this thread.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Petzold Minuet in G-Major. Please, help! [Re: Andamento] #2829109
03/20/19 02:28 PM
03/20/19 02:28 PM
South Florida
G
Gary D. Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Gary D.  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
G

South Florida
Originally Posted by Andamento

[Bold emphasis mine.] We are not your students, and Piano World is not a place to be testing your methods. Period.

I'd like to echo that a thousand times. This "noise" makes things so uncomfortable for everyone that I think no one wants to post.

Piano Teacher
Re: Petzold Minuet in G-Major. Please, help! [Re: Suni] #2830486
03/23/19 03:51 PM
03/23/19 03:51 PM
Canada
V
Vladimir Dounin Offline OP
Vladimir Dounin  Offline OP
V

Canada
Originally Posted by Suni
Sorry for butting in, but maybe you need to find students, not teachers for your experiment. There is a seperate adult beginners forum.

Thank you for your advice. But I do not need students because they are flexible and always agree with me. I need teachers, preferably angry and aggressive towards me in their believe that I am wrong.

Only with such opponents I have chance to prove my way to teach in convincing for everyone way. I need some hard skeptics for test.

Vladimir Dounin
Re: Petzold Minuet in G-Major. Please, help! [Re: Andamento] #2830487
03/23/19 03:56 PM
03/23/19 03:56 PM
Canada
V
Vladimir Dounin Offline OP
Vladimir Dounin  Offline OP
V

Canada
Vladimir,

Some of the problem may be a language barrier, but you are still doing what Ken Knapp warned you against. This is taken from a thread of yours in the Pianist Corner, where you quote Ken Knapp's message to you:

Yes, I CAN HELP everyone. I followed your link and invited this poster to take from me a public lesson (as it was described many times already).

However administrator of this site prohibited me to do so.

I quote him below:

"Self Promotion [by Ken Knapp]

Hello.

You might not be aware but there are forum rules against promoting your business on the forums. While we sometimes allow people to share things related to their business they are giving away for free, I believe your offerings are crossing the line.

While you offer your services for free, I also see you want to use the forum for those lessons..

I invite you to take on line lessons from me right HERE, on this forum. My advantages:

1. I teach FREE (it is just demonstration of my NEW for you and other teachers way to teach..

2. You get the results IMMEDIATELY in a very first 30-60 minutes.

Details in my numerous posts here and on other sites.

These forums are hosted at considerable expense and are not here to provide a means for people to conduct their business, free or otherwise. They are here for discussion and paid advertising.

Thank you!"

Note especially the part of the quote I put in bold print:

"These forums are hosted at considerable expense and are not here to provide a means for people to conduct their business, free or otherwise. They are here for discussion and paid advertising."

Even after that warning of Ken's, you are still trying to conduct business here. You are attempting to strong-arm people into taking your tests, and labeling people as opponents (your response to PianistLady on March 14):

I never wanted TO TEST YOU. I do not know and will never know YOU, so you personally do not exist for me. However, I wanted TO TEST MY METHOD PUBLICLY with YOU together. Not because of your personality but because of your FUNCTION here as my opponent.

...insinuating people are scared to do what you want them to do (your response to Keystring last night):

I want to show everyone a very good method of teaching music at a distance in action. I want everyone to see its practical application and immediate results. I say - look: this method immediately and completely changes and improves ANY performance of ANY musician.

You and your allies would never want to give me the opportunity to show my method in action. Instead, you spend hundreds of words to prove that the method is no good... What are you afraid of?

...and implying that I (and presumably others) are people who don't love beauty in music because we're not submitting to your teaching and/or are not giving the answers you want to hear (your reply to me in the Pianist Corner March 12):

Is an ability to play beautifully and being loved by audience is not important for you?

Of course aesthetic beauty in music is important, but neither you nor any other individual has the one true method for achieving beautiful tone.

Stop trying to teach here. You reposted Ken's warning to you on March 15, but since then, you've shown that you are still trying to teach forum members, anyway, as evidenced by your reply to Keystring yesterday:

I have already explained several times that I have a very effective TEACHING method. But I never said that I have a set of magic words that replaces the work on the student and on his/her music. No one set of magic words can substitute playing and listening to real music.

To demonstrate the method and its impact, I need a real student (without a name, address, appearance, etc. - I absolutely do not need it). Only in this case will the effect of the method be seen. Here should be student's playing BEFORE the lesson, and then playing AFTER the lesson (when short but effective assignment is done).

In my ads, I indicate: "Immediate result during a one-hour lesson or you do not pay at all".

If "Piano Teachers Forum" can not test piano teaching method, according to you, what is the value of its members in your opinion?

Vladimir Dounin
Re: Petzold Minuet in G-Major. Please, help! [Re: Vladimir Dounin] #2831419
03/25/19 10:01 PM
03/25/19 10:01 PM
USA
A
Andamento Offline
Andamento  Offline
A

USA
Originally Posted by Vladimir Dounin
If "Piano Teachers Forum" can not test piano teaching method, according to you, what is the value of its members in your opinion?

I don't determine the rules at this forum, so it's not "according to [me]" that this forum isn't the place to administer tests.

Someone suggested you start a website. An excellent idea. You can set up all the testing you want there, for those who voluntarily come to your site.

The value of the members at this forum lies in, among many other things, the varied perspectives presented on approaching musical matters. There is no one-size-fits-all aspect to musicianship or other things we discuss.

If you come here with an I-know-it-all-and-you-need-to-learn-from-me perspective, you will gain nothing of value.

But take time to read others' thoughts and consider them, and I am confident you'll find the valuable gems here. smile

Re: Petzold Minuet in G-Major. Please, help! [Re: Gary D.] #2831420
03/25/19 10:02 PM
03/25/19 10:02 PM
USA
A
Andamento Offline
Andamento  Offline
A

USA
Originally Posted by Gary D.

I'd like to echo that a thousand times.

Thank you very much, Gary. I appreciate your words more than I could ever convey.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Ken Knapp 

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pausing on the key note playing scales?
by matthew28. 10/18/19 12:38 PM
Adult vs regular method books
by chara. 10/18/19 12:38 PM
Liszt is Awesome
by didyougethathing. 10/18/19 12:28 PM
I'm looking for music I like and can play.....
by rickyd123. 10/18/19 10:31 AM
The action of my NU1X is driving my wife crazy
by iLogic. 10/18/19 08:56 AM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics194,585
Posts2,880,532
Members94,702
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission