2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, Colin Miles, 36251, 13 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Sorry to read about your bad news Monica , I hope all the treatment goes well for you and wish you a speedy recovery.

B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
I'm so sorry to hear this news Monica. I hope the treatment goes very well and that you have good care and support around you. Hope we get to listen to many more beautiful Monica K performances in the future. Sending very best wishes and positive thoughts your way.

[Linked Image]
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Monica, first thank you for all you have meant to and done for PW and this forum. Your voice online is supportive and inspirational and has always meant a lot to me. I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing the trauma of cancer and I know from experience that it is scary. I'm so glad that you have support and music as well as medical expertise to deal with the tumors. My prayers are for your peace and for your healing.

[[Linked Image].
Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
So sorry to hear of this news Monica. Of course you have mine as well as everyone's support behind you as no one deserves it more. In an odd twist to things, we possibly may be sharing this journey together as a large tumor was recently discovered in my throat along with the similar swelling and difficulty swallowing! The results of the biopsy are not back yet as well as more tests are required to determine what is wrong and what treatment plan to take.

In any event, we are both very determined people who will somehow find a way to get through this. I have no doubts you will overcome this setback and be back to the healthy Monica we have all come to love over the years.

Nobody is rooting for you louder and stronger than I am.

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
..best wishes for a speedy recovery.

regards
Pete

regards
Pete
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I am so sorry to hear this. Thank you for all you have done for Piano World and best wishes and prayers for recovery .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Monica and Mr Super-hunky: My prayers are with you as you go through this ordeal. Please keep doing music as much as you can and don't isolate yourself from loved ones and from here - all that time sitting in doctor's waiting rooms can be put to good use and keep your spirits up! smile

I hope you both have a speedy and full recovery.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
This is bad news indeed, but it's good that they caught it so early! There are very powerful treatments now and I'm sure you will be free from disease very soon. Take care of yourself and don't worry about anything else!

R
R
I'm very sorry to hear about this, Monica.
I wish for you to heal promptly without too much suffering on the way.

And I hope your test results are better than feared, mr_super-hunky.

All the best.

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
OP Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
I always knew we had a cosmic connection, super-hunky! laugh Only I am sorry that in this particular case the connection is not a good one. Please let me know what your tests show, and maybe I can help you with some resources/info that I've dug up.

I appreciate greatly everybody's good wishes. Sam S. was the first to volunteer to take on the recital for a while; outo and PianogrlNW have also volunteered to help. Unless there is a huge outcry to the contrary, shall we say that Sam does it for a while and will ask for relief from outo and PianogrlNW as needed?

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
I am so sorry, Monica. We go back 12 years now (!!) and you've been valuable to me in this journey. I wish you and your family the best and all the support you need. Hope to see you back here as often as you can make, and I hope the best wishes from PW let you know how much you are cared for.

And Super-Hunky - you, too, all the above. You have often made me laugh and your great ideas here for recitals and threads and sharing pictures have made this the community it is. So you, too, stick around - and for a long time.

Thoughts for both of you.

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Good luck Monica, I wish you a successful recovery. I'm a little bit late but I offer my help for the recital.

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Monica.... you have been a real pal to all of us here on the forum. The recital won't be the same without your administration but I totally understand your decision. You need to put your energies and thoughts elsewhere. Meanwhile.... THANK YOU for all you have done and my thoughts are with you.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
SH... my thoughts are with you as well. I hate hearing news like this with friends I care about. You both are exceptional people and I know you will stay strong, overcome, and continue to enrich our lives here on the forum.

Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky
So sorry to hear of this news Monica. Of course you have mine as well as everyone's support behind you as no one deserves it more. In an odd twist to things, we possibly may be sharing this journey together as a large tumor was recently discovered in my throat along with the similar swelling and difficulty swallowing! The results of the biopsy are not back yet as well as more tests are required to determine what is wrong and what treatment plan to take.

In any event, we are both very determined people who will somehow find a way to get through this. I have no doubts you will overcome this setback and be back to the healthy Monica we have all come to love over the years.

Nobody is rooting for you louder and stronger than I am.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Praying for you, Monica. I hope the cancer treatments are successful and that you recover well. Thank you for all you do for us on ABF.

And prayers for you too, Mr. Super-hunky. I hope for good test results and successful treatment.

1918 Mason & Hamlin BB
1906 Mason & Hamlin Es
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I'm very, very sad to hear of your troubles, Monica. I hope all goes well for you, and that you are able to get this behind you as soon as possible.

I hope the same for you, Mr. SuperHunky.

Thanks to those who so quickly volunteered to shoulder Monica's recital administrator burdens. What a great community!

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015
N
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
N
Certainly not the best news. Modern medicine is amazing and wishing you a complete recovery.

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
I didn't check Piano World yesterday - and this is the last piece of news I wanted to hear when I turned on the computer this morning.

Monica, you've been my inspiration for years (since I first came across that amazing ABF Einaudi thread). My thoughts and wishes for a speedy return to full health will certainly be with you every day.

I'm not the most computer-literate member of this forum (I'm even older than Sam! smile ) but the Recitals have become such an important part of my piano journey that I'd love to help and support in any way that I can. Please let me know what I can do.

And Mr Super-hunky, you were also a regular in the Einaudi thread, so I feel as if you're another old friend. My very best wishes to you too. The waiting will possibly be the hardest part, so I hope that you and Monica can fill the time profitably on those keys.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Sending best wishes. Wish there was something else I could say...

J
jdw Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
J
Sorry to hear you're going through this--sending good wishes along with everyone else's.

1989 Baldwin R
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission