2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
74 members (amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, 14 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 237 1 2 3 4 5 6 236 237
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CyberGene

Now, back to N1X, who was the other guy who expected a N1X soon? Was it squidbot? How are things going?

It arrives Thursday morning between 9 and 11 smile They actually had it in the warehouse when I purchased it two weeks ago, but due to my location I had to wait until the delivery service could get to me.

Now learning: Debussy Clar de Lune, Mozart Sonata in C K. 545, Joplin The Chrysanthemum
Instruments: Yamaha N1X, Roland GO:PIANO, Piano de Voyage
B
B
When I was shopping (dec), my dealer told me that the piano they sold the most of by far was the NU1X. The reason being institutional sales- apparently music conservatories buy them in pretty large volume, and replace them often.

Current: Yamaha NU1X, Reface YC, YC61; Pianoteq & Logic
Past: Yamaha DX, CP4; CME UF8, Roland A80, MK80, Alpha Juno 2; Yamaha P22 upright
D
David B Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D
Here is a CFX comparison between the internal N1X CFX and my VSL CFX. They both sound good, but I prefer the VSL CFX. It sounds more rich and clearer to me.

I do prefer the N1X Bosendorfer over the N1X CFX.

God Bless,
David

S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
I'm looking forward to hearing this comparison. Just btw, I think prefer the P-515 Bodendorfer to it's CFX, too.

Greg.

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
The Bosendorfer has a softer hue to the tone and sounds less "digital". The CFX is more in your face. Based on this video, I too prefer the Bosendorfer.

If the AG was being used in a group, as opposed to playing solo, the CFX would fare better, with regard to more clarity and a better "cutting through" quality in the ensemble. Although I would guess that would be in the very small percentage of AG user applications.

I recently played both a brand new CFX and 280 VC side by side at Keyboard Concepts in the Valley. The difference was eye/hear opening how big a tonal difference there is between the two. While always having been a Yamaha fan- I've owned two in the past - the CFX wasn't in the same ballpark as the Austrian piano.

Thanks for the video comparison.

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by David B
Here is a CFX comparison between the internal N1X CFX and my VSL CFX. They both sound good, but I prefer the VSL CFX. It sounds more rich and clearer to me.

I do prefer the N1X Bosendorfer over the N1X CFX.

God Bless,
David

When you play the vst cfx, are you listening to the sound by piano's speakers or the studio monitors?

Yamaha P155, Yamaha P515
D
David B Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Dave Ferris
The Bosendorfer has a softer hue to the tone and sounds less "digital". The CFX is more in your face. Based on this video, I too prefer the Bosendorfer.

You mean the N1X CFX has a softer hue? The Bosendofer was played in the original post of this thread.

Either way, I agree with your observation.

If the AG was being used in a group, as opposed to playing solo, the CFX would fare better, with regard to more clarity and a better "cutting through" quality in the ensemble. Although I would guess that would be in the very small percentage of AG user applications.

That's a good point. Thanks for sharing.

I'm really impressed with the N1X Bosendorfer sound (in the original post video). It has a very natural feel to it and is very expressive.

All of these sounds are nice, and coupled with the N1X action, the experience is as close as you can get to an acoustic. I'm very happy with this piano. I remember reading about the great joy NV10 owners had as they anticipated playing their pianos everyday. I remember thinking, "I don't feel that way about playing my MP11SE or any other DP for that matter." Now I know what the NV10 owners are feeling. I look forward to playing the N1X everyday and I'm disappointed when it's time to go to work.

Please excuse my religious expressions, but I just have to "Praise The Lord!" It's hard to believe that I own such a nice instrument.

God Bless,
David

Last edited by David B; 03/12/19 10:33 PM.
D
David B Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Jitin

When you play the vst cfx, are you listening to the sound by piano's speakers or the studio monitors?

I play everything through both the internal speakers and external monitors. I view the external monitors as supporting the main speaker system of the N1X. I like the combination.

God Bless,
David

P
P

You mean the N1X CFX has a softer hue? The Bosendofer was played in the original post of this thread.

I'm really impressed with the N1X Bosendorfer sound (in the original post video). It has a very natural feel to it and is very expressive.

All of these sounds are nice, and coupled with the N1X action, the experience is as close as you can get to an acoustic. I'm very happy with this piano. I remember reading about the great joy NV10 owners had as they anticipated playing their pianos everyday. I remember thinking, "I don't feel that way about playing my MP11SE or any other DP for that matter." Now I know what the NV10 owners are feeling. I look forward to playing the N1X everyday and I'm disappointed when it's time to go to work.

Please excuse my religious expressions, but I just have to "Praise The Lord!" It's hard to believe that I own such a nice instrument.

God Bless,
David

Thanks for this post David. I ordered my N1X last week and I have to wait until mid to end of April to receive it (I live in Australia). I’m very excited to play it for the first time...!

H
500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
H

God Bless,
David

David have you tried the Bösendorfer grand? How does it compare to the Bösendorfer imperial? I believe in your video you are playing using the bösendorfer imperial right?

Piano: 1982 NY Steinway Model B, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X
VST(preference in order): VSL Synchron Pianos, Vienna Imperial, Garritan CFX, VI Labs Modern U, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq
D
David B Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Harpuia

David have you tried the Bösendorfer grand? How does it compare to the Bösendorfer imperial? I believe in your video you are playing using the bösendorfer imperial right?

That's correct. In the first video in this thread I'm playing the Imperial. I haven't done a comparative analysis yet between the Bosendorfer imperial and Bosendorfer Grand. Mostly I've been playing the Imperial and my VSL samples.

God Bless,
David

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
While owning the NU1X I thought the Bösendorfer wasn’t as bad as some people previously suggested but I vastly preferred the CFX anyway. That’s through headphones though. The binaural CFX is simply superb. But even playing through speakers I still preferred the CFX. It would be interesting to see whether N1X is different in that regard. It’s 4-channel sampled compared to stereo on the N1UX.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
The VSL obviously sounds richer, but I like them both. Perhaps the N1X would sound closer to the VSL with a bit more reverb. I liked the VSL more than I expected I would - earlier demos I'd heard sounded too distant for my taste.

Greg.

O
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
O
A little late to this thread - Congratulations David!! Your piano, and room looks awesome. Very nice setup.

I am really glad to know that the builtin audio card is working well with VSTs - that is one thing that I am hoping will come in NV20!

Thanks,
Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST + Genelec 8050B monitors.
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Current status of my order in Thomann changed to "Your order has been commissioned, and the items are being assembled right now!". What the... What does that mean? Hopefully Yamaha will be able to "assemble" my piano soon frown

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Current status of my order in Thomann changed to "Your order has been commissioned, and the items are being assembled right now!". What the... What does that mean? Hopefully Yamaha will be able to "assemble" my piano soon frown

I bet it's just a funny translation and your items are actually just collected, compiled and assorted right now. laugh

Yamaha P-515
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

It's a translation of the German "Ihre Bestellung wurde kommissioniert und wird gerade zusammengestellt". It means that they are in the process of packing up everything for delivery. The "kommissionieren" and "zusammenstellen" bits essentially mean the same thing: Collect everything that was ordered from storage and assemble it into a delivery package. Of course the wording makes a bit more sense if you ordered more than one item, but I guess it's a bit too complex to have a different boiler plate text for orders with only one item.
So rejoice, it's on its way to you - or will be, very soon. smile

Kawai Novus NV10
My amateur piano recordings on YouTube
Latest Recording: Always With Me (from Studio Ghibli: Spirited Away)
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by JoBert

It's a translation of the German "Ihre Bestellung wurde kommissioniert und wird gerade zusammengestellt". It means that they are in the process of packing up everything for delivery. The "kommissionieren" and "zusammenstellen" bits essentially mean the same thing: Collect everything that was ordered from storage and assemble it into a delivery package. Of course the wording makes a bit more sense if you ordered more than one item, but I guess it's a bit too complex to have a different boiler plate text for orders with only one item.
So rejoice, it's on its way to you - or will be, very soon. smile

Wow, thank you! That's a nice surprise, I thought it meant something entirely different! smile

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
JoBert: I emailed Thomann, and they've updated the order to say: Ihre Bestellung wurde ausgewählt und an MacMacMac gesendet
Thanks for the nice piano! smile

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
My N1X was shipped today. Should arrive in about 7-8 days smile

Page 4 of 237 1 2 3 4 5 6 236 237

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission