2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, 13 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 46 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 45 46
J
J

Just found this new LX708 youtube video from Japan.

Not much playing but shows the process of unpacking and moving this 240lbs single piece beast to new happy owners. Looks like they're moving an acoustic. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xdfm8_JJdY

Roland LX708 charcoal
J
J
Originally Posted by jjRoland

Just found this new LX708 youtube video from Japan.

Not much playing but shows the process of unpacking and moving this 240lbs single piece beast to new happy owners. Looks like they're moving an acoustic. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xdfm8_JJdY

Ooops. Correction. Too late to edit. The above video is from Taiwan.

Roland LX708 charcoal
T
T
Originally Posted by jjRoland
Originally Posted by MarkF786
I just bought a LX708 in Charcoal Black for $5350 + tax. I tried to negotiate the price further but only got the delivery included for free. If there were other dealers in the area, I might have tried getting them to beat the price, but the next nearest one is a long distance.

BTW, the bench is included by the manufacturer.

The dealer said they had one in stock and will call to schedule the delivery. Too bad I'm on a business trip Sun-Thurs; hopefully I can get it delivered next Friday.

Your price is inline with my price of $6900CAD + taxes. Includes bench, head phones and free delivery. Japan and parts of Europe have it good. $5000CAD equivalent.

I can relate to that. With crate it weighs 150kg. it took 5 person for us in order to climbing it at 2nd floor laugh funny day.

www.youtube.com/channel/UC073i6RnxK4NcnoFp1jYh7Q The place where I ocasionally post my amateur recordings smile
Criticism is welcomed since it helps improving and going forward!

Yamaha P-105 -> Roland HP-605 -> Roland LX708
R
R
>>...The LX705 seems to be a slight adjustment of the range, with the successor to the HP605 (?) now being considered an LX 'luxury' piano.<<

Been through the whole thread and above very early extract hits topic I was most interested in. But no follow up. So...

The HP605 is now being labelled 'Discontinued' in some places (including here) and I was hoping its successor would appear within the next 2-3 months or so. However the audio spec for the HP605 seems superior to the new LX705. It has the 6 speaker system on HP605 that made it my choice over the 2 speaker HP603.

The LX705 has 4 speakers, with the 2 small ones just 2.5cm size vs HP605s' 4x 5cm.

So, following on from earlier comment above, does anyone think/know the LX705 is going to be HP605's successor? If so, why only 4 speakers will less overall power?

And if not, how can they upgrade HP605 with so little 'room' between it and the new LX models? With new modelling system and improved PHA-50 keyboard into HP605 successor would make it better than the LX705. Yes? No?

Thanks for any feedback on this.

PS. Have read a couple of posts about HP605 vs LX708 sound. Anyone compared HP605 to LX705?

C
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by RichardHK
>>...The LX705 seems to be a slight adjustment of the range, with the successor to the HP605 (?) now being considered an LX 'luxury' piano.<<

PS. Have read a couple of posts about HP605 vs LX708 sound. Anyone compared HP605 to LX705?

I think it is far more than a slight adjustment to the HP6 range. If you play with headphones the speakers aren't going to be that important, but compare their output for a better idea.

As for the sound comparison, the 705 is the same as the 708 via the headphones. See
[url=Roland LX700 Series Digital Pianos | Better Music - YouTube][/url]

Yamaha U1A, Roland LX706

South Wales, UK
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Yeah so sound engine is definitely better but I can't tell how speakers compare on both HP 605 and LX 705.

Roland LX708
R
R
Originally Posted by Nordomus
Yeah so sound engine is definitely better but I can't tell how speakers compare on both HP 605 and LX 705.

Yes. No contest on sound engine. I am quite sure the LX705 will sound better to most ears.

Looking at audio specs the HP605 and LX705 are very close for speakers and amps. 12cm x 2 for main, etc. And LX705 does have 6 speakers, like the HP605 (I said 4 in original post) but the LX combines a 12cm and 2.5cm in same enclosure it seems, hence the confusion (for me!).

So the 'Acoustic Projection' design may be a tad better for the LX705 but marginal given that sound systems are not progressing like the sound engine and keyboard main enhancements.

So to me, it does look like the LX705 is an HP605 successor, and the Luxury entry model. Just costs signifcantly more than the old HP605.

The LX706/LX708 use 25cm main speakers, like the old LX7/LX17, so they are the true top of the line.

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
So to me, it does look like the LX705 is an HP605 successor, and the Luxury entry model. Just costs signifcantly more than the old HP605.

In Poland they both cost around the same.

Roland LX708
R
R
So to me, it does look like the LX705 is an HP605 successor, and the Luxury entry model. Just costs significantly more than the old HP605.

In Poland they both cost around the same.

Thanks Nordomus.
That really does add a lot of weight to my findings/thinking. Mmm... maybe if a second-hand HP605 in excellent condition was available here, it would be worth thinking about. That could be half the price of a new LX705.

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Hopefully you won't get your unit smashed like mine. Sorry I will probably bitter about this till the end of my life :]
BTW still no word about replacement neither from MX Music nor from Roland,

Roland LX708
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Hopefully you won't get your unit smashed like mine. Sorry I will probably bitter about this till the end of my life :]

The horrible thing in your case, in my mind, is not having your piano smashed, it's the horrible customer service and care. If you had bought a piano on Christmas Day from your seller, I would bet you would have it by now. So why is it that you reported the problem and now 7-8 weeks later, you are still waiting? This says to me someone is just not caring much about their "existing customers." Have they at least offered you a big store credit like Markusa received due his delivery mixup? Because they owe you something for this.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
M
M
I can only say that this sucks a lot, especially since you are bit like a brand ambassador on this forum. The best reports for Roland come from you.

This (and in my opinion the whole logistic behind the new LX from the beginning) does not shine a good light on Roland in my view. Can you at least use it? In a sense of is it nicely playable?

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

The horrible thing in your case, in my mind, is not having your piano smashed, it's the horrible customer service and care. If you had bought a piano on Christmas Day from your seller, I would bet you would have it by now. So why is it that you reported the problem and now 7-8 weeks later, you are still waiting? This says to me someone is just not caring much about their "existing customers." Have they at least offered you a big store credit like Markusa received due his delivery mixup? Because they owe you something for this.

You are completely right, it's almost 2 months now and neither Roland nor Mx Music didn't offer me anything for this and I had to write and call for any piece of information on my own, they didn't show any initiative in this, that's why I figured I'm gonna mention shop name here, if it was handled properly by them it would've been forgotten. I still hope they will repair their situation a bit in the end. It's not worth to neglect customers. I'm now sure I'm not gonna buy anything from them anymore and I regret chosing them in the first place. Roland is no better. They both should've make contact and propose some recompensation, not to mention Roland was not on any level prepared for faulty units and for them to look for replacement for 2 months shows no preparation at all, I would expect more from Japanese company.

Roland LX708
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
You are completely right, it's almost 2 months now and neither Roland nor Mx Music didn't offer me anything for this and I had to write and call for any piece of information on my own, they didn't show any initiative in this, that's why I figured I'm gonna mention shop name here, if it was handled properly by them it would've been forgotten. I still hope they will repair their situation a bit in the end. It's not worth to neglect customers. I'm now sure I'm not gonna buy anything from them anymore and I regret chosing them in the first place. Roland is no better. They both should've make contact and propose some recompensation, not to mention Roland was not on any level prepared for faulty units and for them to look for replacement for 2 months shows no preparation at all, I would expect more from Japanese company.

My wild guess is that they maybe assuming that since you can play your piano, but just can't record anything, you're at least partially operational and have deprioritized your replacement, versus, for example, someone whose piano was delivered DOA (Dead-On-Arrival). Partly, the reason why I think this is because I just can't believe that if you had a totally non-functional piano altogether, they wouldn't have done something for you by now. My theory doesn't excuse them though. Their behavior and level of uncaring is still terrible, especially as they haven't offered some compensation. I think you should start demanding some form of compensation. Because certainly it is due to you.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
M
M
Exactly, tbh quite soon after the start of this thread I got the feeling that theres something wrong here. It looks like the products for whatever reason (christmas?) were announced too early and Roland seems to be unprepared not for HEAVY demand, but for NORMAL demand.

Thats really weird and tbh - I have never heard any of this stuff about Yamaha. Yamaha seems to be generally disliked here (altough everything except Kawai seems to be sometimes), but they sure are reliable as heck.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Markuska
Exactly, tbh quite soon after the start of this thread I got the feeling that theres something wrong here. It looks like the products for whatever reason (christmas?) were announced too early and Roland seems to be unprepared not for HEAVY demand, but for NORMAL demand.

Thats really weird and tbh - I have never heard any of this stuff about Yamaha. Yamaha seems to be generally disliked here (altough everything except Kawai seems to be sometimes), but they sure are reliable as heck.

I'm also totally ticked off at Roland about how they seems to have channeled these LX-7xx series pianos in the US to only "brick & mortar" dealers who offer almost no discount, force you to buy "locally," and after the tiny discounts some of the offer, even true hybrids such as the N1X starts to be comparably priced to the LX708! This is just so wrong. Consider that Kawai offers their top of the line N3X for online purchase in the US. There is no good technical or customer service reason for Roland to take anti-consumer measures such as limiting the channel for the LX7xx's, except as a reward to their dealers.

[Linked Image]

M
M
Will be interesting to see where this leads since the majority may not see it as Nordomus (we all know that "the best" is purely subjective) that the LX is better than others. And i for myself (having played the 708) would IN NO WAY say that I think that its superior to a NU1X (amazing actually that a piano with a defect is so brillant, dont know if this says something good about the market).

Maybe we need more competition, from that viewpoint one can only be happy about Dexibell and especially Casio as new players.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Markuska
Will be interesting to see where this leads since the majority may not see it as Nordomus (we all know that "the best" is purely subjective) that the LX is better than others. And i for myself (having played the 708) would IN NO WAY say that I think that its superior to a NU1X (amazing actually that a piano with a defect is so brillant, dont know if this says something good about the market).

Maybe we need more competition, from that viewpoint one can only be happy about Dexibell and especially Casio as new players.

Well in the US, the NU1X is definitely cheaper than an LX708 purchased in the Washington DC area, and the Internet price for the N1X bought from Yamaha is only about 4% more expensive than the LX708. This is just wrong and a consequence of how Roland is managing their channel in the US for these LX7xx's.

[Linked Image]

S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
+1 re new players. I wish Dexibell were available in Australia.

Greg.

R
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
... ...I'm also totally ticked off at Roland about how they seems to have channeled these LX-7xx series pianos in the US to only "brick & mortar" dealers who offer almost no discount, force you to buy "locally," and after the tiny discounts some of the offer, ... ...There is no good technical or customer service reason for Roland to take anti-consumer measures such as limiting the channel for the LX7xx's, except as a reward to their dealers.

Well, I much prefer to buy a piano from a dealer, not online. Just like I used to like buying books from a bookshop. Buying online sucks for many items and better to deal with humans than impersonal webpages for lots of stuff. Would hate to see music stores go the same way as so many businesses killed by online buying.

Ref discount, the price for the new LX705 is 16% lower than what the HP605 was, so a good deal here in Hong Kong. Suits me. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by RichardHK; 02/19/19 01:28 AM.
Page 39 of 46 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,259
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission