2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (crab89, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, 10 invisible), 1,231 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45
T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by gerhard_k
Originally Posted by TheophilusCarter
I sure would like to see the manuals for these. C'mon, Casio!

The availability of manuals probably has a connection to the proximity of actual retail sales. So I guess we better not hold our breath just yet! sleep

Yah, I'm sure you're right. However, if they'd post the manuals, it might tempt me into pre-ordering one! laugh

Enthusiastic but mediocre amateur.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by sullivang
I'll invoke Dr Popper's prophecy:
"No-one will notice, and even if they do notice, they won't care". 🤣

Nice!
That's a name I haven't heard in a while...

I doubt all the young'uns on this forum will appreciate that reference.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
i wonder if anyone has had the opportunity to play both the PX-S1000 and Yamaha p125- considering trading in the Krome and then getting the S1000 and using that as my controller for my PC

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
R
R
Originally Posted by rintincop
Pre ordered a PX-S3000 from Adam at Kraft. Expected mid to late March.

Ooh! Exciting! Can't wait to start reading about what you and others actually think of it once they play it. On paper, I still can't decide whether the 3000 is worth the extra 250 €… I guess so, if only for the display? It might get annoying not to have one. I wonder also whether it's one of those tech expenses that brings on new ones: will I want an iPad I don't really need just to play on that app of theirs if I get this DP? Hmmm…

Originally Posted by Kawai James
Originally Posted by sullivang
I'll invoke Dr Popper's prophecy:
"No-one will notice, and even if they do notice, they won't care". 🤣

Nice!
That's a name I haven't heard in a while...

I doubt all the young'uns on this forum will appreciate that reference.

Cheers,
James
x

I tried Googling that and found disgusting videos of people bursting growths on their faces — must be a mistake.

S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
That's hilarious! Dr Popper is simply the alias of a Pianoworld member. 😃 So just search for posts by that user.

P.S I've been informed by the distributor that these PX-S's will land here in Australia late April.

Greg.

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by PossumES8Krome61
i wonder if anyone has had the opportunity to play both the PX-S1000 and Yamaha p125- considering trading in the Krome and then getting the S1000 and using that as my controller for my PC

If the S1000 is only going to be used as a controller for the PC, I'm not sure I see any advantage to choosing that over the CDP-S100.

T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by anotherscott

If the S1000 is only going to be used as a controller for the PC, I'm not sure I see any advantage to choosing that over the CDP-S100.

In that case, I think the main difference would be the actions.

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A

That's the point. Unless I'm mistaken, the actions are the same, i.e. the new PX-S and the new CDP-S models all use the same new action.

T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T

That's the point. Unless I'm mistaken, the actions are the same, i.e. the new PX-S and the new CDP-S models all use the same new action.

Oh, I thought they had different actions: the CDP an improved version of the basic graded hammer action in the 130/5 models, and the PX-S an improved version of the Privia action. I could be wrong about that.

T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Looking at the relevant websites, I'm seeing the CDP-S models described as having the "Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard â…¡." That sounds like an upgraded version of the scaled hammer action of the older CDP models.

The PX-S models describe theirs as the "Smart Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard with simulated ebony/ivory key textures." That to me sounds like the next generation of the older Privia Tri-Sensor Hammer Action II (though whether they are still triple sensor seems unclear).

So I think they are different actions.

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Ah, the textured tops would be one difference. Interesting about the "smart" descriptor. They may be talking about where they say "the note off timing is digitally controlled based on the movement of the keys during release." That may be unique to the PX even if the action is physically the same. Hopefully that applies to driving external sounds via MIDI and not just something processed by its own internal sound engine. It sounds like it would be.

Let me try to make this all clear once and for all.

Both the PX-S and CDP-S keybeds feature a NEW scaled, weighted hammer action and keys with simulated ebony and ivory surfaces. The PX-S keybed also includes a patent-pending "smart scaling" feature that simulates the hammer and key behavior of each of the 88 keys individually.

Last edited by Mike_Martin; 02/15/19 04:56 PM. Reason: grammar ;)

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
Thanks Mike. Do they both have a tri-sensor action?

Anotherscott mentioned note-off timing, which reminded me about release *velocity* - I completely forgot that this a feature I would like. Will the new range send release velocity?

Greg.

In addition to the above some other differences.

BOTH are two sensor actions. While I don't expect you to take my word for it, these new instruments especially the PX-S series perform better in almost every respect than the tri-sensor action found in previous models. Trust me we had people meticulously comparing them throughout the NAMM show.

The PX-S series action has some additional features not included on the CDP-S. This includes High Resolution MIDI Velocity and Release velocity.

Last edited by Mike_Martin; 02/15/19 05:16 PM.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Thanks for the info, Mike. Very helpful!

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin
Both the PX-S and CDP-S keybeds feature a NEW scaled, weighted hammer action and keys with simulated ebony and ivory surfaces. The PX-S keybed also includes a patent-pending "smart scaling" feature that simulates the hammer and key behavior of each of the 88 keys individually.

Cool. Does the smart scaling feature affect not only how the action triggers its internal sounds, but also how it triggers external sounds triggered over MIDI?

Originally Posted by Mike_Martin
BOTH are two sensor actions. While I don't expect you to take my word for it, these new instruments especially the PX-S series perform better in almost every respect than the tri-sensor action found in previous models. Trust me we had people meticulously comparing them throughout the NAMM show..
I believe you! ;-)

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P

Hi Scott- thanks as always for your insight here and on the other musicplayer forums as well--I greatly appreciate it. I was thinking of using the S1000 as both a combo of playing out with and controlling my vst standalone sounds or those with mixcraft.

I'm using typically VB3, Addictive Keys and EZ Drummer when recording and find that I am not really using the Krome itself that much and could basically sell or exchange it for most of the cost of the new Casio.

I might look at the 3000 as well just to see what the extra sounds offerred are like.

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
G
G

I am not really using the Krome itself that much and could basically sell or exchange it for most of the cost of the new Casio.

But then, what would happen with your screen name? smirk

They say extra practice can make up for modesty of talent (up to a point) - I sure hope so...
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by gerhard_k

I am not really using the Krome itself that much and could basically sell or exchange it for most of the cost of the new Casio.

But then, what would happen with your screen name? smirk

LOL! All of the sudden I have decided to keep the Krome!!

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
dbl post

Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission