2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Oh, this is a really smaller recital than the one I hoped in in the past.

I wonder if I'll hit the record button tomorrow. I didn't intend to participate, but my Rameau is at listenable state, even though it is still a work in progress. I might submit a version and hope for useful comments to improve until my exam! ... I'll see how motivated I am tomorrow night. smile

My piano journey from day 1
Started piano on February 2016.
Pieces I'm working on :
- Rameau, Les Sauvages
- Mozart, K545, 1st mov
- Chopin, nocturne op. posth. in C# minor
- Debussy, Golliwog's cakewalk
- Pozzoli, E.R. 427, etude no. 6
K
K
Originally Posted by Micael K.
I'll try to make sure to not miss the deadline by a few hours this time.. still not sure what to present though, either a ragtime or a really weird/funny piece from Poulenc? First suggestion wins!

Poulenc!

I've started playing January 2017, Nothing is too easy is where I keep track of my progress.

[Linked Image]
P
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Keselo
I'll try to make sure to not miss the deadline by a few hours this time.. still not sure what to present though, either a ragtime or a really weird/funny piece from Poulenc? First suggestion wins!

Poulenc!

Movement Perpetuals??

M
M
Poulenc wins! Just got in at #48.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

Why does the countdown clock say the deadline is still in 23 hours and 36 mins? I thought today at 9pm was the deadline. Not that it helps me. I don't have my Clementi at tempo and nothing else decent is in playable shape.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Why does the countdown clock say the deadline is still in 23 hours and 36 mins? I thought today at 9pm was the deadline. Not that it helps me. I don't have my Clementi at tempo and nothing else decent is in playable shape.

The deadline is on the 14th. Recital goes live on the 15th. So the clock is correct, more or less. Don't try to "beat the clock" at the last minute - the recital closes when Monica decides it closes...

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I'm a little bummed but it looks like I'll be sitting this one out after all. frown I'm on a digital right now and can't access the acoustic piano due to current weather conditions.

My Zoom H2 recorder won't switch over from the external mics to the line input feed when recording digitally (which it should automatically) so I can't transfer the recording over from the digital piano to the Zoom recorder. I can only record on the Zoom acoustically, not digitally. This is usually not a problem when I make an acoustic recording playing the acoustic piano, but the speakers on my digital sound horrible and sound even worse when recorded as opposed to using decent headphones to hear the music. But that's okay, I'll just submit my piece next time along with (hopefully) a decent recording of it on the Mighty Mason.

Meanwhile, I get to listen to everyone else's submission with no self imposed stress so I guess it's all good.

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
Cannot make it this time, been far too busy to even think about recording...next time!

Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky
I'm a little bummed but it looks like I'll be sitting this one out after all. frown I'm on a digital right now and can't access the acoustic piano due to current weather conditions.

Sorry to hear this Mr. S...your piece is always one of the highlights of any recital...

Last edited by Handyman; 02/14/19 05:20 AM.

John

"Difficulties deferred and challenges unmet will eventually return with a vengeance to bite one in the butt." (paraphrasing Chopin)

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by Sam S

The deadline is on the 14th. Recital goes live on the 15th. So the clock is correct, more or less. Don't try to "beat the clock" at the last minute - the recital closes when Monica decides it closes...

Sam

What he said. laugh And that will be 9:00 pm this evening (EST). Don't expect to see the recital thread posted right away, though. Hubby, inexplicably, does not have "Administer AB Forum Recital" at the top of his list of preferred Valentine's Day activities. wink

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.
Hubby, inexplicably, does not have "Administer AB Forum Recital" at the top of his list of preferred Valentine's Day activities. wink

Hope that means you are getting wined and dined tonight! If you haven't already, you should make clear your list of preferred Valentine's Day activities do not involve the kitchen wink grin

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14

Hubby, inexplicably, does not have "Administer AB Forum Recital" at the top of his list of preferred Valentine's Day activities. wink

Hope that means you are getting wined and dined tonight! If you haven't already, you should make clear your list of preferred Valentine's Day activities do not involve the kitchen wink grin

You bet!! I refuse to cook on Valentine's Day. However, my hubby refuses to go out for Valentine's Day; he calls it "amateur night's out" and correctly points out that it is a nightmare. We resolve the stand-off by ordering carry out and having a wonderful time at home. heart

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
I swear I only clicked the next button once, but somehow my piece got submitted twice. Sorry about that whatever I did!

Now learning: Debussy Clar de Lune, Mozart Sonata in C K. 545, Joplin The Chrysanthemum
Instruments: Yamaha N1X, Roland GO:PIANO, Piano de Voyage
K
K
Originally Posted by squidbot
I swear I only clicked the next button once, but somehow my piece got submitted twice. Sorry about that whatever I did!

That happens to me pretty much every time I submit something to a recital here, no idea what gives.

I've started playing January 2017, Nothing is too easy is where I keep track of my progress.

[Linked Image]
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T

....You bet!! I refuse to cook on Valentine's Day. However, my hubby refuses to go out for Valentine's Day; he calls it "amateur night's out" and correctly points out that it is a nightmare. We resolve the stand-off by ordering carry out and having a wonderful time at home.

We usually have a whole Peking duck at our favourite Chinese restaurant. We’ve done it for decades, the only problem is that we feel like poisoned pups the morning after, i. e. as I write this.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ted

We usually have a whole Peking duck at our favourite Chinese restaurant. We’ve done it for decades, the only problem is that we feel like poisoned pups the morning after, i. e. as I write this.

You made me think of Chinese turkey, different holiday, but it's what came to mind (start at about 1:12) laugh

Last edited by squidbot; 02/14/19 07:05 PM.

Now learning: Debussy Clar de Lune, Mozart Sonata in C K. 545, Joplin The Chrysanthemum
Instruments: Yamaha N1X, Roland GO:PIANO, Piano de Voyage
Originally Posted by Sam S

Sam

What he said. laugh And that will be 9:00 pm this evening (EST). Don't expect to see the recital thread posted right away, though. Hubby, inexplicably, does not have "Administer AB Forum Recital" at the top of his list of preferred Valentine's Day activities. wink

I fondly thought Valentine's day was about spotty shy teenage boys and the girl who they fancied . . .the card was meant to conceal the identity of the sender.
Then restaurants and other places of entertainment saw it as a means of furthering their business, and it caught on.
Me and 'Er are much too old and cantankerous for that stuff. Funnily enough, so's my son and his wife . . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by squidbot
Originally Posted by Ted

You made me think of Chinese turkey, different holiday, but it's what came to mind (start at about 1:12) laugh

Funny. Our Peking duck is always beautifully cooked and delectable to eat, but we invariably overindulge, requiring increased exercise the next day.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Looks like another last minute submission for me. I have 2 possibilities that are works in progress. They are at about 3/4 tempo...a Brahms intermezzo or Faure Nocturne. I thought I would have a better recording of the Faure by now but it's just not cooperating. So I'm going to coin toss on my recent recordings for these two...unless I get a gem in in the next hour smile

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
YAY I did it and got something in before the deadline! So sad that I've missed the past few years of these, but sometimes life gets in the way, y'know? laugh

Playing since age 21 (September 2010) and loving it more every day.
"You can play better than BachMach2." - Mark_C
Currently Butchering:
Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# Minor
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission