2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
50 members (BillS728, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, CharlesXX, bcalvanese, colinvda, Adam Reynolds, cascadia, 6 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2813647 02/11/19 04:53 PM
T
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
T
I made a thingie. smile I was tired of my pedal slipping around all the time, so here's what I came up with:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13r2uwyebXQGTgSh5lMS7wPtdDPYvwgGd

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1byZJsqDI_1bGjXFWosLDthMVxkgE-ZtL

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uCDHU2R7Gk8kqR7CKOVzcVHwAfOTxlJl

It's just a board, with a couple of little pieces of board at the back for the pedal to butt up against (and a little gap for the cord to go through), and then some of that generic under-carpet non-slip mat glued to both sides with Gorilla glue (I went a little crazy on the underside as you can see, but I just made sure it was completely dry before I put it on the floor). My heel goes on the end of it, and holds it down as I use it. Works like a charm!

Enthusiastic but mediocre amateur.
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Great DIY for an irksome problem! I wish some other piano pedal manufacturers would take note of Roland's design (it has a rubber foot that swings out under the pedal to make a long pad, basically what you've designed here.) Maybe you should patent your contraption and license it to Yamaha and Kawai laugh

Now learning: Debussy Clar de Lune, Mozart Sonata in C K. 545, Joplin The Chrysanthemum
Instruments: Yamaha N1X, Roland GO:PIANO, Piano de Voyage
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Agreed. I have an FC3A, which is a nice pedal, but itt has a rounded back with the cable extended directly out the back. Even if I have the pedal against the back wall, it still doesn't sit straight, and it crimps the cable. I ended up 3D-printing a small block with a flat back and cable routing notch so I can rest the pedal against the wall. If it had the Roland swing-out thing, I probably wouldn't have needed to bother.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
D
D
Thank you, I am going to build one of these. I have wood floors and the pedal is constantly moving around.

T
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by squidbot
Great DIY for an irksome problem! I wish some other piano pedal manufacturers would take note of Roland's design (it has a rubber foot that swings out under the pedal to make a long pad, basically what you've designed here.) Maybe you should patent your contraption and license it to Yamaha and Kawai laugh

Great idea! It'll probably make more money for me than my current job ... wink

Originally Posted by Gombessa
Agreed. I have an FC3A, which is a nice pedal, but itt has a rounded back with the cable extended directly out the back. Even if I have the pedal against the back wall, it still doesn't sit straight, and it crimps the cable.

Yep, I was running into that too, to the extent that it broke the cable, which I then had to trim and re-solder. That's what finally prompted me to figure something out ...

Originally Posted by dcupright
Thank you, I am going to build one of these.

If I can do it, so can you! laugh

Enthusiastic but mediocre amateur.
J
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
J

Yup, been there, done that. It also protects your floor from wear and abrasion. Good idea.

-- J.S.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Knabe Grand # 10927
Yamaha CP33
Kawai FS690
K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
I did the same thing but since I gig with mine and use an expression pedal and have a two tiered system, I took a plastic shelf from small a storage organizer I was throwing out and glued velcro on it. And I put the other strip of velcro on the pedals. Then I glued a square of old shower mat to the bottom side of the shelf. And I use a drawstring bag I got at Walmart to transport it. It sticks to any surface due to the little suction cups on the mat side, and the pedals do not slip. I transport it with pedals and cables attached. I have got probably less than $5 dollars into it total since everything but the velcro, glue and bag are recycled. I've had it at least 20 years.

Last edited by Kbeaumont; 02/12/19 11:05 AM.

A long long time ago, I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile....
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TheophilusCarter
I made a thingie. smile I was tired of my pedal slipping around all the time, so here's what I came up with:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13r2uwyebXQGTgSh5lMS7wPtdDPYvwgGd

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1byZJsqDI_1bGjXFWosLDthMVxkgE-ZtL

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uCDHU2R7Gk8kqR7CKOVzcVHwAfOTxlJl

It's just a board, with a couple of little pieces of board at the back for the pedal to butt up against (and a little gap for the cord to go through), and then some of that generic under-carpet non-slip mat glued to both sides with Gorilla glue (I went a little crazy on the underside as you can see, but I just made sure it was completely dry before I put it on the floor). My heel goes on the end of it, and holds it down as I use it. Works like a charm!

Very interesting, that's what I need for dp, my pedal keep moving.

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,152
Members111,629
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission