Hi, new forum user here and I've spent a good few days reading through all the VPC1 and Genos posts on the forum along with a couple of good sessions trying keyboard actions in local stores.
I have a Genos which is great, but miss a real weighted keyboard. I've decided on a Kawai action having played CA48 and CA98 plus Yamaha's and Roland's. Sadly I can't find anywhere to demo the VPC1 but understand the action will be similar (please correct me if I'm wrong). My sense at the moment is I'm fine with the piano sounds on the Genos so not looking for the ultimate piano sounds or functionality to come from Kawai.
I'd like the setup to be living room friendly.
1. Stacking the Genos above a VPC1. My attempts to try this with what I've got stand wise result in the music stand on the Genos being quite high and far away.
2. Putting the keyboards at right angles, probably Genos to the left.
I've seen an old post discussing mounting options for the stacking combination http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2736702/kawai-vpc-1-as-lower-keybed.html.
If I go for the keyboards at 90 degrees I'm tempted to go for a CA model rather than the VPC1 for the aesthetics.
I'm looking for advice on:
1. Has anybody successfully sorted the stacking option (a pic would be great).
2. Would a CA model allow me to ditch the active speakers and use the pianos inbuilt amp and speakers for the Genos. I'm think technically it would (excluding CA48), but Im asking will the quality be acceptable (I'm currently using Presonus E66 monitors).
3. Any issues in using a CA model as a master keyboard.
Thanks in advance.