Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
151 registered members (Amedeus, aphexdisklavier, Austerlitz, AssociateX, anotherscott, AWilley, AlphaTerminus, Abdol, ArturC, 32 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 45 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 44 45
Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: tudor33sud] #2811463
02/06/19 03:42 PM
02/06/19 03:42 PM
Antwerp
L
lvercaut Offline
lvercaut  Offline
L

Antwerp
Originally Posted by tudor33sud
Hello back everyone!

I just wanted to share with you something nice that I just discovered. I'm not quite sure now if stock EG V2 is best for me through speakers or not, since I've found a new setup which seems highly realistic to my ears. Through the headphones it doesn't sound as good as from the speaker, however I suggest for LX708 owners to try it.

The setup would be to use European Grand V1, brilliance set to +1, hammer sound +2, duplex scale +4 , lid to 5, and the most important settings would be to change SOUNDBOARD to 5. I find soundboard 5 to be highly expressive and the volume of the notes is heavenly, it's like it blows your ears if you press to hard. My reference volume was set to 60 while trying it, since it's pretty boomy.

Let me know if you guys think the same thing about it, and happy playing smile

Thanks, indeed soundboard 5 sounds fantastic with European V2 also on my LX706.

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Colin Miles] #2811821
02/07/19 09:19 AM
02/07/19 09:19 AM
K
kbrod1 Offline
kbrod1  Offline
K

Just got an email from Roland that their new LX700 series are available in-store and when I use their locate dealer and put my zip code (from KY) in it, I get addresses in England and Ireland. My Google won't give me directions 😂.

Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: kbrod1] #2811824
02/07/19 09:30 AM
02/07/19 09:30 AM
South Wales
C
Colin Miles Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
Colin Miles  Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
C

South Wales
Originally Posted by kbrod1
Just got an email from Roland that their new LX700 series are available in-store and when I use their locate dealer and put my zip code (from KY) in it, I get addresses in England and Ireland. My Google won't give me directions 😂.

Also got the email. Just a bit of PR really I think. Doesn't mean that the dealers have them in stock.

Roland LX7

South Wales, UK
Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Colin Miles] #2811880
02/07/19 12:00 PM
02/07/19 12:00 PM
N
Nordomus Offline
500 Post Club Member
Nordomus  Offline
500 Post Club Member
N

Originally Posted by Colin Miles
Originally Posted by kbrod1

Also got the email. Just a bit of PR really I think. Doesn't mean that the dealers have them in stock.

Yep, especialy since I did not get info about my replacement unit yet. That would be dick move if they shipped to store and not replace broken purchased piano smile

Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Nordomus] #2811883
02/07/19 12:06 PM
02/07/19 12:06 PM
Tyrone Slothrop Online content
Tyrone Slothrop  Online Content

Originally Posted by Nordomus
Yep, especialy since I did not get info about my replacement unit yet. That would be dick move if they shipped to store and not replace broken purchased piano smile

Wow. It's already into February - you've had the broken one for 6 weeks. Did they give you a date for the replacement?

across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2811888
02/07/19 12:18 PM
02/07/19 12:18 PM
N
Nordomus Offline
500 Post Club Member
Nordomus  Offline
500 Post Club Member
N

Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Wow. It's already into February - you've had the broken one for 6 weeks. Did they give you a date for the replacement?

Actually it has been more than 7 weeks now, I called the shop last week, talk a bit and then they sent me email that if they won't deliver new piano till the end of february they will take my broken one and give me money back, so yeah...

Last edited by Nordomus; 02/07/19 12:19 PM.
Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Nordomus] #2811895
02/07/19 12:30 PM
02/07/19 12:30 PM

I called the shop last week, talk a bit and then they sent me email that if they won't deliver new piano till the end of february they will take my broken one and give me money back, so yeah...

Well, actually, that doesn't sound like a bad offer. Sort of like renting a piano for 3 months for $0. Of course then you'd be back on the hunt for a new piano.

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2811902
02/07/19 12:40 PM
02/07/19 12:40 PM
N
Nordomus Offline
500 Post Club Member
Nordomus  Offline
500 Post Club Member
N

I called the shop last week, talk a bit and then they sent me email that if they won't deliver new piano till the end of february they will take my broken one and give me money back, so yeah...

Well, actually, that doesn't sound like a bad offer. Sort of like renting a piano for 3 months for $0. Of course then you'd be back on the hunt for a new piano.

Yes but I can't record anything onto USB and many keys are noisy. You got a point though smile
But anyway I don't see good alternative to Roland except real acoustic grand(which I have no room for and a bit short on money). There is just nothing on the market currently to reach this level of sound simulation, so I have no idea what I would do. Maybe try Kawai CA 98, but I was not very impressed by CA 78 I've played last year.

Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Nordomus] #2811904
02/07/19 12:45 PM
02/07/19 12:45 PM

Yes but I can't record anything onto USB and many keys are noisy. You got a point though smile
But anyway I don't see good alternative to Roland except real acoustic grand(which I have no room for and a bit short on money). There is just nothing on the market currently to reach this level of sound simulation, so I have no idea what I would do. Maybe try Kawai CA 98, but I was not very impressed by CA 78 I've played last year.

Well, perhaps in the wrong thread, but if you do get your money back at the end of February, perhaps it would be time to take a look at the new N1X's? Here in the US, especially because the LX700's are just not discounted much by the dealers, the price point is almost the same. (N1X appears about 15% more expensive than LX708.)

Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2811943
02/07/19 01:52 PM
02/07/19 01:52 PM
N
Nordomus Offline
500 Post Club Member
Nordomus  Offline
500 Post Club Member
N

Well, perhaps in the wrong thread, but if you do get your money back at the end of February, perhaps it would be time to take a look at the new N1X's? Here in the US, especially because the LX700's are just not discounted much by the dealers, the price point is almost the same. (N1X appears about 15% more expensive than LX708.)

You mean NU-1X probably, because N1X is about twice as much as LX 708. Might try it out.

I really hope they can deliver new LX 708 to me though. Today I was reminding myself Dance Macabre(Liszt) and the tone you can get from LX 708 is so sweet and most of all CLEAR. I'm mentioning because in this piece there is a LOT of harmonies at the same time and on top of that I like to play with pedal in different ways. On other digitals it usualy all blends together more or less, On LX 708 all voices are clear and you can bring out whatever you like and how much you like. Nothing is exagerrated. Almost everything is possible in terms of sound on LX 708.

BTW I've tried this soundboard 5 and it's waaay too boomy for me.

Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Nordomus] #2811949
02/07/19 02:02 PM
02/07/19 02:02 PM

You mean NU-1X probably, because N1X is about twice as much as LX 708. Might try it out.

And this again reminds me of the differences in pricing between Europe and the US! Here in the US, the prices the dealer has offered me on the LX708 in charcoal is $7300 and on the polished ebony is $8000, while the "buy online price" for the AG N1X from Yamaha is $8,999.99. Given the 6% sales taxes and $150 delivery charge for LX708, both of which I wouldn't need to pay if I bought the N1X online, the actual price difference for me here in the US is between 4% and 14%, depending on which color LX708 that I am comparing with. This is probably yet another reason the LX708 is just not an economical purchase in the US compared to the competitors' products. In my case, being in the US, it's hard to justify that the N1X isn't worth the 4-14% price premium over the LX708.

Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Colin Miles] #2811955
02/07/19 02:15 PM
02/07/19 02:15 PM
N
Nordomus Offline
500 Post Club Member
Nordomus  Offline
500 Post Club Member
N

I can understand that. Although I'd still consider LX 708 because of 26 cm speakers which make bass sound amazing smile

Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Nordomus] #2811999
02/07/19 04:08 PM
02/07/19 04:08 PM
T
tudor33sud Offline
tudor33sud  Offline
T

I really hope they can deliver new LX 708 to me though. Today I was reminding myself Dance Macabre(Liszt) and the tone you can get from LX 708 is so sweet and most of all CLEAR. I'm mentioning because in this piece there is a LOT of harmonies at the same time and on top of that I like to play with pedal in different ways. On other digitals it usualy all blends together more or less, On LX 708 all voices are clear and you can bring out whatever you like and how much you like. Nothing is exagerrated. Almost everything is possible in terms of sound on LX 708.

You need to take care about the volume! I was suggesting soundboard 5 more for european V1.

Another nice sound that I've discovered was European Grand V2 with soundboard 2, Lid5, brilliance +2, duplex scale +4. That seem to be the right fit for me now. It's not too bright, not too mellow, and still trying to decide if soundboard 1 or 2 are the best for my ears. Try to use soundboard 2 at like 38-40 volume and let me know what you think. I am still amazed while putting an accent to some different notes, I kinda forget that I'm using a digital, pretty interesting experience. I'm curious if you find out differently about it and what it's your favourite sound.

Also, I would love to find out if some of you also find out that middle C# sounds too reverbed on the speakers; that was my only complaint about the piano, and I changed the character to +2 to get rid of that strange sound of middle C#.

PS: sorry to hear about you still not being able to play a fully functioning piano... frown

www.youtube.com/channel/UC073i6RnxK4NcnoFp1jYh7Q The place where I ocasionally post my amateur recordings smile
Criticism is welcomed since it helps improving and going forward.

Yamaha P-105 -> Roland HP-605 -> Roland LX708
Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Nordomus] #2812119
02/07/19 09:35 PM
02/07/19 09:35 PM
Usa
G
Grandman Offline
500 Post Club Member
Grandman  Offline
500 Post Club Member
G

Usa

Nordomus, it is really ridiculous for it to be taking this long to replace your unit. I'm not finding the shortage you are experiencing here in the US. I do agree with you that the LX708 has a wonderful tone and I do like the action better than PHA50. I was not impressed with the N1X at NAMM. Low end really lacking, but action nice. What soundboard are you favoring for LX708? Also, are you finding much difference with EG1 v EG2? I'm finding very subtle difference.

Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Grandman] #2812583
02/09/19 05:27 AM
02/09/19 05:27 AM
N
Nordomus Offline
500 Post Club Member
Nordomus  Offline
500 Post Club Member
N

Originally Posted by Grandman

Nordomus, it is really ridiculous for it to be taking this long to replace your unit. I'm not finding the shortage you are experiencing here in the US. I do agree with you that the LX708 has a wonderful tone and I do like the action better than PHA50. I was not impressed with the N1X at NAMM. Low end really lacking, but action nice. What soundboard are you favoring for LX708? Also, are you finding much difference with EG1 v EG2? I'm finding very subtle difference.

Yeah that is ridiculously long time smirk That's why Roland has fallen in my ranking of customer service to nearly bottom. And I'll be sure to write about it all when the story ends.
I use default 1 soundboard because I love it and get get tired of it smile Others are awesome as well. The thing is since basic sound engine is good then all of the soundboards sounds good, just different smile As for EG1 and EG2, at the begining I didn't notice much difference but after playing for longer I'm definitely liking EG2 more.It seems more interesting. EG1 is cleaner in sound.

Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2812595
02/09/19 07:35 AM
02/09/19 07:35 AM
South Wales
C
Colin Miles Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
Colin Miles  Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
C

South Wales
My experience with Japanese manufacturers of anything is that they do not like to admit that anything can go wrong with their equipment, so they do not have proper backup/replacement facilities.

Roland LX7

South Wales, UK
Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Colin Miles] #2813227
02/10/19 07:40 PM
02/10/19 07:40 PM
M
MarkF786 Offline
MarkF786  Offline
M

I'm about to buy either the LX706 or LX708 and had a couple quick questions:

- Do both piano's include a bench or is that something additional you have to purchase?

- Is the music stand on the LX708 higher? It appears so in the pictures, due the to fallboard.

I'm leaning towards the LX706, mainly because it seems like the two-piece design would be more transportable (I may have to relocate in the coming year) and due to the lower music stand which I'd prefer. The music store in my area doesn't have a demo LX708, but its additional feature seem minor for my needs.

Thanks / Mark

Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: MarkF786] #2813416
02/11/19 07:52 AM
02/11/19 07:52 AM
T
tudor33sud Offline
tudor33sud  Offline
T

Originally Posted by MarkF786
I'm about to buy either the LX706 or LX708 and had a couple quick questions:

- Do both piano's include a bench or is that something additional you have to purchase?

- Is the music stand on the LX708 higher? It appears so in the pictures, due the to fallboard.

I'm leaning towards the LX706, mainly because it seems like the two-piece design would be more transportable (I may have to relocate in the coming year) and due to the lower music stand which I'd prefer. The music store in my area doesn't have a demo LX708, but its additional feature seem minor for my needs.

Thanks / Mark

Hi Mark,

Regarding your first question. bench included is a feature of the shop. For myself, even buying a LX708 didn't include a bench, so I bought it separately.
As far as the music stand goes, I cannot tell for sure, but as you were guessing, LX 708 has the fallboard, so 99% lx 706 has the stand lower. As far as transportation goes, I can agree that LX708 it's hard to move, and I will face this issue as well since later this Year I will be moving. However, make sure you take the looks into consideration ( the side in one single piece looks really cool IMO ) and also I found myself that even though I like to place some things on the piano, I completely stopped doing that in favor of being able to lift the top of the piano and get a clearer sound. If the difference is not that high, maybe LX708 will suit you as well.

However, if you like Roland's sound, you cannot go wrong with either one. Good luck!

www.youtube.com/channel/UC073i6RnxK4NcnoFp1jYh7Q The place where I ocasionally post my amateur recordings smile
Criticism is welcomed since it helps improving and going forward.

Yamaha P-105 -> Roland HP-605 -> Roland LX708
Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Colin Miles] #2813485
02/11/19 10:38 AM
02/11/19 10:38 AM
N
Nordomus Offline
500 Post Club Member
Nordomus  Offline
500 Post Club Member
N

I recommend higher music stand. Top of sheet music should be at the eye level when you sit straight, and this is how it works on grand pianos and this is how it works on LX 708. Once you get used to this height you won't want to go back to lower smile

Re: New Roland Pianos [Re: Nordomus] #2813812
02/11/19 09:39 PM
02/11/19 09:39 PM
M
MarkF786 Offline
MarkF786  Offline
M

I recommend higher music stand. Top of sheet music should be at the eye level when you sit straight, and this is how it works on grand pianos and this is how it works on LX 708. Once you get used to this height you won't want to go back to lower smile

Being less skilled in sight-reading, the lesser distance between the sheet music and my hands may be preferable ;-)

After 30+ years of trying to get good at sight-reading, I've about given up. I can read music slowly, enough to learn a piece of music, after which I play from memory. Certainly not ideal.

Page 37 of 45 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 44 45

Moderated by  Piano World 

Shop Our Online Store!
Shop Our Store Online
Shop PianoSupplies.com

Did you know Piano World has an online store, and that it's loaded with goodies pianists and music lovers want?
Check it out and place your order.

Special Purchase!
Keyboard and Roses Piano Bench Cushion Keyboard & Roses 14"x30" piano bench cushions Regularly sold for $79 to $100, now only $39. (while supplies last)

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Edition for Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 by Liszt
by Candywoman. 06/19/19 03:50 PM
Layering sampled and modeled piano sounds
by Robhatherton. 06/19/19 12:54 PM
Charge per lesson or per semester?
by BluMunk. 06/19/19 11:55 AM
Fake or Real?
by PianoYos. 06/19/19 11:48 AM
What's Hot!!
PIANO TEACHERS Please read this!
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics192,607
Posts2,839,764
Members93,657
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission