2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (36251, 1200s, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, 11 invisible), 1,517 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I don't think you missed much by missing the Super Bowl. It was very uneventful.

My submission is probably uneventful as well, a piece by Heinrich Hofmann. It's nice, and I noticed the name wasn't already in the list of composers, so I thought I'd add to it. Maybe I'll work on a new Einaudi piece after listening to the submissions.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
... the Super Bowl. It was very uneventful.

That's not how I would describe it. A great defensive gem. Something the game of football sorely needs.
[sorry for the off topic post]

Looking forward to the recital ... these recitals are never uneventful. wink

Kawai MP11 : JBL LSR305 : Focusrite 2i4 : Pianoteq / Garritan CFX

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. -Willy Wonka

[Linked Image]
R
R
Okay, I did it, first submission! I choose to stray from the standard repertoire and played a prelude I sight transcribed from a classical guitar suite by Argentinian composer Maximo Diego Pujol. I think there is so much extraordinary music being written by contemporary composers in South America that builds on the classical foundations of European music yet contain a national character that makes it both unique and special. Anyway, I can't get enough of it, I wanted to play something by somebody living, and this was a simple enough piece for me to pull it together quickly.

Shigaru Kawai SK-2, Kawai MP11SE
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Interesting submission list, so far. Though I must say, my "desire-for-neatness-reflex" lets me stumble at Peyton's submission from the new-to-me composer "Einuadi"... grin

Kawai Novus NV10
My amateur piano recordings on YouTube
Latest Recording: Always With Me (from Studio Ghibli: Spirited Away)

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.
Originally Posted by sinophilia
Originally Posted by Animisha

I think I will win the trophy for the shortest piece. smile

I wouldn't be so sure wink

Without giving any spoilers as to actual length, I will say that Animisha's got you beat, sinophilia. wink

Ouch! I knew it had to be played faster! laugh

Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by RogerRL
Okay, I did it, first submission! I choose to stray from the standard repertoire and played a prelude I sight transcribed from a classical guitar suite by Argentinian composer Maximo Diego Pujol. I think there is so much extraordinary music being written by contemporary composers in South America that builds on the classical foundations of European music yet contain a national character that makes it both unique and special. Anyway, I can't get enough of it, I wanted to play something by somebody living, and this was a simple enough piece for me to pull it together quickly.

That sounds interesting! Looking forward to it.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
R
R
I've done it! Ooh la la!!

Had to send it twice because I'm a little challenged with clicks of the mouse sometimes, sorry about that — it's the exact same file twice. It's a Schumann kiddie song, as I've been learning for 4 months… and I'm quite child-like!

Never mind the ear infection, I thought I better send it in anyway…

Originally Posted by RogerRL

And this sounds super intriguing. As my first love was the classical guitar, I very much look forward to this!

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I'm in - I think we are up to 30+ submissions now.

Now I can go do something else!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
D
D
Originally Posted by Moo :)
I've uploaded mine and this time it is not Mendelssohn !

I'm looking forward to hear the submissions from Schubert - German Dance D783 no. 5 and Moments Musicaux no 4. Fantastic pieces there!

Mendelssohn is covered! smile

I'm in at No. 32 (of 33) with a David Lanz "Love Song" just in time for Valentine's Day ...

John

"Difficulties deferred and challenges unmet will eventually return with a vengeance to bite one in the butt." (paraphrasing Chopin)

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I was expecting a big influx of submissions on the weekend, but we're holding at 33... my guess of 65 for the final number of submissions is looking overly optimistic. eek

G
G
I'm in.
We are likely to be snowed in next week, so I may get a chance to record again before the deadline. (Or I may not, as the kids will also be home from school.)

1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Apparently mp3 with 192kbps at constant bitrate is recommended because of the streaming server. Does that mean that encoding at a higher bitrate (eg. 320kbps) at constant bitrate would be a bad idea?

Last edited by QuasiUnaFantasia; 02/10/19 09:35 AM.

Physical instruments: Roland FP-30, and E-28
Virtual instruments: "The Experience" piano collection, NI "The Maverick", Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2
Focus: 1850±100 years
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia
Apparently mp3 with 192kbps at constant bitrate is recommended because of the streaming server. Does that mean that encoding at a higher bitrate (eg. 320kbps) at constant bitrate would be a bad idea?

Not at all. It can be any bit rate. It's just the file size can't exceed a certain amount I think, I can't remember what size though (10 MB?). I encode mine at 256 constant.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia

Not at all. It can be any bit rate. It's just the file size can't exceed a certain amount I think, I can't remember what size though (10 MB?). I encode mine at 256 constant.

20 MB - allows for 7-9 minutes of music...

John

"Difficulties deferred and challenges unmet will eventually return with a vengeance to bite one in the butt." (paraphrasing Chopin)
In at # 38 with Schubert's Moments Musicaux # 3. I had planned to submit the Tchaikovsky Seasons (June) but every time I heard the recording I just kept hating it more and more - finding details that I know would sound better on another take..And then when I would record it again the next day, there would be an awkward pause somewhere else, or a missed chord, and I just said "screw this" and decided to submit something else. Ironically the Schubert piece is what I am working on right now w/ my teacher, so there are 1 or 2 spots in the middle which seem slower but overall, this is the best take I have gotten for this piece.
I may submit the June piece for the next recital when I may feel more comfortable having memorized it fully by then.

~~~~~~~
My Practice/Progress YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNj0Yha5exOWuJMTezV3t8Q
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I can't wait to hear it, AssociateX. It's one of my favorites.

There was a recording of it in my Casio P-760 that I listened to a lot. Until I sold it. cry

But, the other day I attended a recital by Daria Rabotkina, and she played MMs 2-6. It was wonderful.

Don't worry about slow. This piece gets played at many different speeds by different pianists. And, they all make it sound so nice. And, rubato seems to be very accepted with this piece.

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Merry Christmas.

newbert - I'm looking forward to Misty. I've played it in the past, but I have trouble keeping it in my fingers, so I'd have to relearn it now.

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
M
M
I'll try to make sure to not miss the deadline by a few hours this time.. still not sure what to present though, either a ragtime or a really weird/funny piece from Poulenc? First suggestion wins!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'm in at 47....I think next time...I need to challenge myself.
So much for thinking ahead.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission