2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
47 members (Carey, 1957, c++, cmb13, David B, anotherscott, 8ude, Alex Hutor, Damien PG, 7 invisible), 497 guests, and 423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2808101 01/29/19 07:19 AM
Sibylle Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
The lovely piano store in London that I've been talking to regarding my dream August Förster upright (which I'm saving up for - ETA in about three years) just sent me an email with pictures of the latest model they just got in, the exact piano I want, new but at a reduced price - gaaah! They sure know how to make me drool!

That's it, I'm buying a lottery ticket.

grin

Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
That really is good "potential" customer service!

[Linked Image]
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Will you be buying from London?

regards
Pete
C
C
Which model of August Forster upright are you looking at in particular? Just curious.

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
August Forster uprights are rare in the US. Over 10 years ago I got to try out an AF 125 upright and thought it was as good as the top of the line Grotrian and Bechstein uprights. Would love to own one.

Rich

Retired at the beach
Grotrian 192

Anton Rubinstein said about the piano: "You think it is one instrument? It is a hundred instruments!"
Sibylle Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by petebfrance

Either that, or the Steingräber store in Germany. Both come out at around the same price including shipping. Cheapest option wink

chronos, it’s the small one (model D). I actually like the modern shape (as a kid, I learned on a similar one from Schimmel), *and* I can afford it. I’m in love with Förster pianos, had one for a rental once when I was living in Vienna.

Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sibylle

Either that, or the Steingräber store in Germany. Both come out at around the same price including shipping. Cheapest option wink

chronos, it’s the small one (model D). I actually like the modern shape (as a kid, I learned on a similar one from Schimmel), *and* I can afford it. I’m in love with Förster pianos, had one for a rental once when I was living in Vienna.

Which finish on the Model D are you wanting. The Black Polish or the Cherry Tree Satin finish?

[Linked Image]
Sibylle Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by NobleHouse

Which finish on the Model D are you wanting. The Black Polish or the Cherry Tree Satin finish?

Neither smile

Black satin. I think the shiny black looks great on a concert grand, but I like my uprights matte (satin). In fact, I've got a picture somewhere, hang on... Here it is:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Sibylle; 01/29/19 10:10 AM.

Sibylle

j&j Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Dear Sibylle -
Life is much too short. I feel guilty saying this, kind of like some drug dealer to some crazed addict 😀, but put your best hard-nosed negotiator face on and buy your dream piano. Wear old shoes and last years clothes for several years. Stop eating out, or eat out less often. Get your dream piano while you can. Again life is much too short to delay.
Best wishes!

J & J
Estonia L190 Hidden Beauty
Casio Privia PX-330
My piano’s voice is beautiful!
[Linked Image]
J
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by j&j
Wear old shoes and last years clothes ....
... when you go to negotiate the price of the piano.... ;-)

-- J.S.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Knabe Grand # 10927
Yamaha CP33
Kawai FS690
Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
...and enjoy the ladies at Peregrine's Pianos. I met them at a European piano factory and they were kind people, all.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
Phila Area
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
The Science Channel on our piano restoration
Sibylle Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by j&j
Dear Sibylle -
Life is much too short. I feel guilty saying this, kind of like some drug dealer to some crazed addict 😀, but put your best hard-nosed negotiator face on and buy your dream piano. Wear old shoes and last years clothes for several years. Stop eating out, or eat out less often. Get your dream piano while you can. Again life is much too short to delay.
Best wishes!

Don’t worry, I’ll get it! I don’t waste money, and I’m saving up for the Förster. It’ll happen in 3-5 years time. Which is why I just bought my lovely little Laniem, which will do nicely in the meantime smile

Sibylle

Sibylle Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rich Galassini
...and enjoy the ladies at Peregrine's Pianos. I met them at a European piano factory and they were kind people, all.

Aren’t they, just! The guy who works there is lovely too.

Sibylle

L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Sibylle ,
This is so exciting .August Forster pianos are wonderful.
You have a dream just as I had about finding your perfect
piano .Just set your eye or ear on that piano and make it happen.
I can,t wait to read in this forum when you get your piano !
The satin finish is lovely although I find the polished ebony
seems to last well .Just judging by my old pianos which I
ended up selling .Best wishes .

L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Oh just thought I would ask ,have you played this particular model
yet ?

Sibylle Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Lady Bird
Oh just thought I would ask ,have you played this particular model
yet ?

I have! There's this lovely piano store in Vienna, where I used to live. I used to rent pianos from them, as I didn't own one back then and moved to a different country every few years. So they know me smile And every time I'm there, I'll visit, for a chat and to play around on the Försters there for a bit. I love, love, love the sound and the attack on Förster pianos, it's like my fingers have gone to heaven, like velvet! Gods, I could go on and on, haha.

And now I feel bad because the Laniem piano I own currently is really quite decent, especially for the time being, after my long break and me feeling like a beginner again. Once I've got the cash for the Förster, I hope I'll merit it!

Last edited by Sibylle; 01/30/19 04:45 AM.

Sibylle

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by NobleHouse

Neither smile

Black satin. I think the shiny black looks great on a concert grand, but I like my uprights matte (satin). In fact, I've got a picture somewhere, hang on... Here it is:

[Linked Image]

Very nice looking! thumb

[Linked Image]
S
S

Don’t worry, I’ll get it! I don’t waste money, and I’m saving up for the Förster. It’ll happen in 3-5 years time. Which is why I just bought my lovely little Laniem, which will do nicely in the meantime smile

What a nice instrument you are saving up for! They have a magnificent sound. The following video is from the record "Waiting for August" (Förster), composed by Alex Wignall.

Alex Wignall (piano) & Joshua Roberts (drums) had selected an August Förster for their recording, and were eagerly awaiting delivery. Hence the name of the record.
https://www.flavoredtune.com/produkt/alex-wignall-joshua-roberts-waiting-for-august/

I found an interview with the information about the album here:

Sibylle Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
I've never heard a Förster outside of a classical context. But its mellow sound is just perfect for this. Thanks for the video!

Sibylle

Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
lovely piano store in Vienna, where I used to live. I used to rent pianos from them, as I didn't own one back then and moved to a different country every few years. So they know me smile And every time I'm there, I'll visit, for a chat and to play around on the Försters there for a bit. I love, love, love the sound and the attack on Förster pianos, it's like my fingers have gone to heaven, like velvet! Gods, I could go on and on, haha.

And now I feel bad because the Laniem piano I own currently is really quite decent, especially for the time being, after my long break and me feeling like a beginner again. Once I've got the cash for the Förster, I hope I'll merit it!

So you LIVED in Vienna, my favorite city?? Now I am a little jealous, Sibylle. Just curious - how long did you live there? And what piano shop are you referring to? I have spent a little time in Vienna and have met several of the shop owners. I wonder if we have a mutual friend.

Cheers,

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
Phila Area
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
The Science Channel on our piano restoration
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Yamaha CX series vs Boston
by GraceTuraco - 04/20/21 09:15 PM
Thinking of buying a 2007 Yamaha G2 5'7" Grand
by Teresa100 - 04/20/21 07:52 PM
Estonia L190 Bass Scale
by mbd - 04/20/21 07:52 PM
A closer look at the Feurich 'Vienna' 123 model
by oswaldpeters - 04/20/21 04:22 PM
generic name for Mellotron
by TheophilusCarter - 04/20/21 03:24 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,431
Posts3,084,688
Members101,254
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission