2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Spring Into Sound Sale
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
33 members (Artdealer718, Greta99, Gretel, brendon, 24000rpm, hes, GnGEmpire, 7 invisible), 392 guests, and 456 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
So today I askef for 1750 to one shop, and they offered 2200 in return. Guess that one is out😅

Last edited by Markuska; 01/25/19 01:17 PM.
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Being from Germany as well I am not sure that this is going to work -- but of course it never hurts to try. In Germany, we have quite a number of big piano shops which also sell online (Thomann, Bauer Music, Kirstein Music, Just Music and others) and so the prices tend to be relatively close.

With the price changes that you have noticed I wonder if they really were for the product or if the price-comparison-portals did not confuse the plain piano with a bundle (dp+bench+headphones and such). Or mix satin black with ebony polish etc.? They sometimes do that.

Shopping for the previous model right before or after new pianos have hit the stores (which tends to be months after they have been announced or shown at NAMM or Musikmesse) is a smart move if you can pull it off (I could not, I'd need to have the latest :- ). Or you wait for a showroom model to go on sale. Some shops use "ebay Kleinanzeigen" for those offers, you may want to have a look.

As stated by others, keeping the price that a store asks, but asking for add-ons like a bench, headphones and/or cables and whatnot may also work.

Kawai CN35. Daughter wanted a piano, so we got one. Now who'll learn faster? ;-)
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Hendrik42
Being from Germany as well I am not sure that this is going to work -- but of course it never hurts to try. In Germany, we have quite a number of big piano shops which also sell online (Thomann, Bauer Music, Kirstein Music, Just Music and others) and so the prices tend to be relatively close.

With the price changes that you have noticed I wonder if they really were for the product or if the price-comparison-portals did not confuse the plain piano with a bundle (dp+bench+headphones and such). Or mix satin black with ebony polish etc.? They sometimes do that.

Shopping for the previous model right before or after new pianos have hit the stores (which tends to be months after they have been announced or shown at NAMM or Musikmesse) is a smart move if you can pull it off (I could not, I'd need to have the latest :- ). Or you wait for a showroom model to go on sale. Some shops use "ebay Kleinanzeigen" for those offers, you may want to have a look.

As stated by others, keeping the price that a store asks, but asking for add-ons like a bench, headphones and/or cables and whatnot may also work.

Thanks smile

I now tried to raise the price and include a bench. But still, not even a counteroffer🤷 Have to see how I solve this. Problem is, that I am quite emotional in this matters. So I should not buy something at a higher price, than I want, since I guess I would project that on the piano😅

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Markuska
Problem is, that I am quite emotional in this matters. So I should not buy something at a higher price, than I want, since I guess I would project that on the piano😅

Your piano feels more worthy if you paid a higher price for it. Works the same for Apple products. laugh

Yamaha P-515
M
OP Offline
M
Damn, but I work in Marketing and Sales, so I loose the placebo by knowing about it😅

M
OP Offline
M
Just sent out a dozen request to different retailers.
Man, I am no fan of negotiating😅

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I think I see your difficulty.
Is it possible to visit these dealers? I think it's more effective to make an offer in person.

M
OP Offline
M
Well I did what I do best and went allin (or all out?) meaning I contacted about a dozen of different dealers in the area.

Besides some "not good" prices, some "we cant do anything more" and one guy politely told me more or less to f* off, I got a nice offer including a new CLP645 in Black (1950 incl. delievery to the front door), delievery and assembly to the 3rd floor and the bench that I wanted (K&M if they are known globally, they make nice stuff) for around 2185€ which seems totally fair to me.

Allready paid and cant wait for it to be delievered smile
When everythings there I will add it to the sticky.

Nice work!
That price is only a smidge more than I paid for my CLP240 ten years ago. Nice.

BTW, what finish on this piano?

M
OP Offline
M
Yeah, I would not say that I am outward crying, but I am damn happy! Its the black finish, which I like most after PE. While trying them out I could understand why people buy polished pianos (its nice to see the reflections of your hands) I could not get myself to pay 400€ more 😅

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Appraising a piano?
by jsilva - 04/13/21 09:18 PM
Bleeding edge synth tech c.1980 for Rush
by newer player - 04/13/21 08:36 PM
Yamaha U3 or Avant Grand N2
by Eggplanted - 04/13/21 05:46 PM
Kawai KXXX ATX 3
by Stax - 04/13/21 04:26 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,270
Posts3,082,137
Members101,182
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission