Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
141 registered members (Andy R, 36251, ando, agraffe, astrotoy, ALEXANDER DYKER, Azzawaba, apianostudent, AZNpiano, AlphaBravoCharlie, 29 invisible), 1,728 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music #2801431
01/13/19 12:34 AM
01/13/19 12:34 AM
Southern California
L
LeftyChris Offline OP
LeftyChris  Offline OP
L

Southern California
I am planning to record an album of “new age” style solo piano music with a wholly computer-based DAW/sample library set up, and I’m trying to figure out which piano sample library to use (the music will be mostly piano solo, with maybe a little bit of sample library cello too). I am a fan of David Lanz and really like the sound of Yamaha C7 pianos, so I’m leaning towards a C7 library, but I’m not sure which one to use.

I’ve read many pages here and elsewhere about C7 libraries, but I should emphasize that my needs are somewhat different from what I’ve read about so far. Because it is going to be an album of solo piano music, the piano parts will all be exposed, so the library will have to be very convincingly realistic, which I figure is a slightly different, if overlapping, question from which libraries sound best.

I have several C7 libraries (Ivory II, Pearl, Evolution Rosewood, East West - and Pianoteq too), though I don’t have the one that I’ve read the consistently best things about, Production Grand 2. And I’m not sure if any of the libraries I own would be convincing enough in an exposed solo setting. I’ve been listening to online demos for the Acoustic Samples C7 and it sounds great (I don’t own it) but I have the same concern that I do about the libraries I do own: how will it fare when totally exposed? In this respect, is Production Grand 2 the way to go?

From online demos I’d say that I like the Acoustic Samples and the Production Voices C7s about equally - but they obviously differ a great deal in terms of specs, and I wonder if that will make a big difference in an exposed solo piano recording (the real pedal samples in Production Grand, for example).

So what do you think would stand up to a totally exposed solo recording? Is there any library I’ve not mentioned that people really like? It will be professionally mixed and mastered, so that is not an issue. But I’d like to have the most realistic sounding C7 possible (I realize that this is partially subjective - but it’s not entirely).

Incidentally, I’ve also considered the Garritan CFX, which I own, even though it is not a C7 piano library. I like it a lot but I think I want more of a C7 sound.

Last edited by LeftyChris; 01/13/19 12:43 AM.
(ad) ROLAND

Click Here

Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2801433
01/13/19 12:40 AM
01/13/19 12:40 AM
Southern California
L
LeftyChris Offline OP
LeftyChris  Offline OP
L

Southern California
A bit more info about what sort of music I’ll be recording: it’s in the solo piano genre of people like Ludovico Einaudi, Michele McLaughlin, Helen Jane Long (her solo albums), and that sort of thing. Incidentally, McLaughlin used a C7 for a while though now she uses a Fazioli, and Einaudi uses a Steinway. But I prefer the sound of a C7 for “new age” piano music, perhaps because I started out by listening to David Lanz’s early albums and that’s what he used. For what it’s worth.

One more thing: Since I know many people will probably say that I should just record on a real grand piano, I suppose I should say this now: I am only a mediocre pianist and fear that it would require endless takes and I would end up going broke trying to record on a real grand piano in a studio.

I’ve always composed new age piano music, but for much of my adult life, my main instrument was guitar, and for the last several years my main “instrument” has been Logic Pro. In any case, I figure that I can always re-record my songs with a real grand piano later on if I want to. That’s what Michele McLaughlin eventually did. But for now, I plan to use a piano sample library.

Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2801437
01/13/19 01:19 AM
01/13/19 01:19 AM
C
Craig Richards Offline
Craig Richards  Offline
C

These are the sampled Yamaha C7 grands I own, and have used in varying degrees:

1. Ivory 2.5
2. EWQL Pianos Gold (I have the Steinway D, Bosendorfer Imperial, C. Bechstein 280 & Yamaha C7)
3. Sampletekk 7CG & TBO (same piano with different mic sets)
4. Acoustic Samples
5. Impact Soundworks Pearl Concert Grand
6. Production Voices Production Grand 2
7. Orange Tree Rosewood Grand
8. Cinematic Studio Piano

For 'new age/ambient' style solo piano (some of which I really enjoy), I'd turn to these (in order of preference):
• Impact Soundworks Pearl Concert Grand
• Cinematic Studio Piano
• Production Voices Production Grand 2
• Sampletekk 7CG & TBO (or the combined version called TVBO)

The reason being that these 4 sampled pianos have separate sustain-pedal-up & down samples, which makes a big difference to the natural resonances - similar to an acoustic piano. Critical in exposed solo playing if you're after a convincing sound.

The EWQL also has separate sustain-pedal-up & down samples, but it's just too bright/harsh for my liking as a solo piano (maybe OK to cut in a pop song). Also playability is inconsistent.

The other C7s in my list I'd turn to for a more tight/studio sound, say for Jazz, Blues or Pop.

Hope this helps.
Cheers, Craig

Pianist, Composer & Arranger
Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2801439
01/13/19 01:39 AM
01/13/19 01:39 AM
Austria
N
newer player Online content
1000 Post Club Member
newer player  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
N

Austria
I don't know what you would like. The Production Voices have a compact version on sale for $49 that runs on sforzando. It you like how it plays and sounds, there is an upgrade path.

https://www.productionvoices.com/product/production-grand-compact/

The Garritan CFX sounds & plays great out of the box at Classic-Default mic-perspectives. I don't like the other mic perspectives so much. I suppose the level of ambience might make production work a bit more difficult.

There is a database with 100+ VIs here that might give you some other options

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...no-master-sticky-thread.html#Post2752919

I think karvala and/or bstn99 measured the samples of several VIs for noise; those posts might be worth a visit. I can't remember which VIs they analysed.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: Craig Richards] #2801440
01/13/19 01:41 AM
01/13/19 01:41 AM
Southern California
L
LeftyChris Offline OP
LeftyChris  Offline OP
L

Southern California
Originally Posted by Craig Richards

1. Ivory 2.5
2. EWQL Pianos Gold (I have the Steinway D, Bosendorfer Imperial, C. Bechstein 280 & Yamaha C7)
4. Acoustic Samples

For 'new age/ambient' style solo piano (some of which I really enjoy), I'd turn to these (in order of preference):
• Cinematic Studio Piano

The reason being that these 4 sampled pianos have separate sustain-pedal-up & down samples, which makes a big difference to the natural resonances - similar to an acoustic piano. Critical in exposed solo playing if you're after a convincing sound.

The EWQL also has separate sustain-pedal-up & down samples, but it's just too bright/harsh for my liking as a solo piano (maybe OK to cut in a pop song). Also playability is inconsistent.

The other C7s in my list I'd turn to for a more tight/studio sound, say for Jazz, Blues or Pop.

Hope this helps.
Cheers, Craig

Thanks so much! This is just the kind of reply I was hoping for. I actually just joined the forum in order to ask this question, so I wasn’t sure anyone would answer. I know that on other forums people are often leery of brand new members with no previous posts, thinking they are trolls or whatnot.

I had forgotten about Cinematic Studio Piano. I have the old Cinematic Strings 2 but have not used any of their new Cinematic Studio series instruments. I will have to check it out. And although I have tons of sample libraries, I don’t believe I’ve ever used one by Sampletekk, so I’ll have to check that out too.

It is nice to see Pearl on your short list of appropriate libraries since I do have that one. And it’s interesting to see a Production Grand user say that it would be good for new age and ambient music. Do you have the full version of Production Grand 2? There seem to be so many different versions on their site.

Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: newer player] #2801441
01/13/19 01:56 AM
01/13/19 01:56 AM
Southern California
L
LeftyChris Offline OP
LeftyChris  Offline OP
L

Southern California
Originally Posted by newer player
I don't know what you would like. The Production Voices have a compact version on sale for $49 that runs on sforzando. It you like how it plays and sounds, there is an upgrade path.

https://www.productionvoices.com/product/production-grand-compact/

The Garritan CFX sounds & plays great out of the box at Classic-Default mic-perspectives. I don't like the other mic perspectives so much. I suppose the level of ambience might make production work a bit more difficult.

There is a database with 100+ VIs here that might give you some other options

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...no-master-sticky-thread.html#Post2752919

I think karvala and/or bstn99 measured the samples of several VIs for noise; those posts might be worth a visit. I can't remember which VIs they analysed.

Thanks! I didn’t know there was a compact version of PG2 and I didn’t know there was an upgrade path (I didn’t see anything about an upgrade path on their site), so thanks a lot. I might have to pick that up.

Thanks for posting that database too - much appreciated.

I’ll go back and check Garritan CFX again since I confess that I haven’t used it in a while. I do remember thinking it has a lovely sound.

I like Fluffy Audio MyPiano a lot too but I’m not sure it’s as bright as I want for what I’m doing.

Last edited by LeftyChris; 01/13/19 01:59 AM.
Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2801447
01/13/19 03:14 AM
01/13/19 03:14 AM
C
Craig Richards Offline
Craig Richards  Offline
C

Originally Posted by LeftyChris

1. Ivory 2.5
4. Acoustic Samples

• Cinematic Studio Piano

Hope this helps.
Cheers, Craig

Thanks so much! This is just the kind of reply I was hoping for. I actually just joined the forum in order to ask this question, so I wasn’t sure anyone would answer. I know that on other forums people are often leery of brand new members with no previous posts, thinking they are trolls or whatnot.

I had forgotten about Cinematic Studio Piano. I have the old Cinematic Strings 2 but have not used any of their new Cinematic Studio series instruments. I will have to check it out. And although I have tons of sample libraries, I don’t believe I’ve ever used one by Sampletekk, so I’ll have to check that out too.

It is nice to see Pearl on your short list of appropriate libraries since I do have that one. And it’s interesting to see a Production Grand user say that it would be good for new age and ambient music. Do you have the full version of Production Grand 2? There seem to be so many different versions on their site.

Glad it helped. It can be confusing with the amount of sampled pianos out there, and it soon becomes an expensive pursuit!

I have Production Grand 2 LE, which has the same number of layers & mic sets as the full version, but it has been downsampled to 16bit 44.1kHz from the master 24bit 96kHz sampling sessions. I am very impressed with the quality of the 16bit 44.1kHz sample set, and would have no hesitation releasing tracks using that (although I'd use the 24bit set for exposed solo stuff - it's sounds clearer and has more depth to my ears, especially in the treble).

Prior to buying that, I had the Version 1, 24bit Production Grand Modern 4 (4 modern mic sets) running in Plogue sforzando. I normally like to work with 24bit samples (particularly if I'm adding EQ, Compression etc. - there is more resolution & data in the samples to manipulate without noticeable degradation).

Cinematic Studio Piano has a great tone, and the mix of the close, mid & scoring stage mic sets give it a lovely ambience you'd be hard pressed to achieve with Production Grand (which was sampled in a fairly "acoustically dead or neutral" recording studio). Fairly basic controls though, and no separate release samples like Production Grand or Pearl, so shorter/staccato type playing doesn't sound as convincing. Still, it would be well suited to solo 'New Age' piano styles in my opinion.

Sampletekk 7CG/TBO/TVBO is a very real & raw sampled Yamaha C7, very dynamic (32 velocity layers of both pedal up & pedal down, plus releases) and is quite resonant & wirey in tone, but I sometimes find the tuning and voicing of the particular piano they sampled to be a little 'sour'. It's certainly in tune, but it's hard to describe - it catches my ear sometimes, and not in a good way. Not a deal breaker, but it sounds like an older piano that's seen some miles, compared to the piano sampled for Cinematic Studio Piano, which is newer (manufactured around 2012 I think), smooth and more rounded in tone in comparison, but which still has that characteristic Yamaha C7 'bite'.

Weighing all that up, I'd still choose the Pearl Concert Grand for the type of solo piano you're describing - probably a mix of the Close mics (0db) Pedal Mic (say -6db) and Stage Mic (-9db), with some subtle compression for warmth, and pay attention to the velocity curve, VEL>VOL & VEL>BRIGHT controls, so you don't hit those highest velocity samples too easily.

Last edited by Craig Richards; 01/13/19 03:20 AM.

Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: Craig Richards] #2801448
01/13/19 03:21 AM
01/13/19 03:21 AM
Southern California
L
LeftyChris Offline OP
LeftyChris  Offline OP
L

Southern California

I am actually surprised that Cinematic Studio Piano has such samples. I seem to remember that the total size of CSP was rather small, but maybe I am wrong about that.

That’s an excellent point, though, and thanks for making it - that separate sustain pedal up and down samples will really help make for a more convincing sound.

I do remember reading that the Acoustic Samples C7 has some sort of algorhythmic pedal simulation, which seems like it wouldn’t be a good idea for an exposed solo recording.

Last edited by LeftyChris; 01/13/19 03:25 AM.
Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2801451
01/13/19 03:36 AM
01/13/19 03:36 AM
C
Craig Richards Offline
Craig Richards  Offline
C

I am actually surprised that Cinematic Studio Piano has such samples. I seem to remember that the total size of CSP was rather small, but maybe I am wrong about that.

That’s an excellent point, though, and thanks for making it - that separate sustain pedal up and down samples will really help make for a more convincing sound.

I do remember reading that the AS C7 has some sort of algorhythmic pedal thing, which seems like it wouldn’t be a good idea in an exposed solo recording.

Cinematic Studio Piano definitely has separate sustain-pedal-up & down samples (I emailed the developer myself about that) in 6 velocity layers. No separate release samples though. That may sound a little underdone compared to Pearl (8 x 2RR layers + releases) & Production Grand (12 layers + releases), but Cinematic Studio Piano is very dynamic and surprisingly smooth between the layers. I suspect they may have sampled in whole tones (the 52 white keys) rather than in semitones (full 88 keys) in order to keep the size down, but that's my guess, and it hasn't been stated by the developer.

The AS C7 has some modelling for sustain pedal down playing AFAIK, possibly based on actual samples, but to my ears it's not as convincing/realistic as Pearl or Cinematic Studio Piano. The upside to that sampling/programming method though is the re-pedalling/catch pedalling & half pedalling (which Pearl Version 2 also does well by the way, but which isn't possible with Cinematic Studio Piano).

Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: Craig Richards] #2801626
01/13/19 05:40 PM
01/13/19 05:40 PM
Southern California
L
LeftyChris Offline OP
LeftyChris  Offline OP
L

Southern California
[quote=LeftyChris][quote=Craig Richards]
Weighing all that up, I'd still choose the Pearl Concert Grand for the type of solo piano you're describing - probably a mix of the Close mics (0db) Pedal Mic (say -6db) and Stage Mic (-9db), with some subtle compression for warmth, and pay attention to the velocity curve, VEL>VOL & VEL>BRIGHT controls, so you don't hit those highest velocity samples too easily.

Apparently, I didn’t notice in your earlier post that you’d written, “in order of preference,” so that Pearl was the one you’d recommend most among the four you think appropriate for New Age music. I will give it a shot with Pearl, then. Cinematic Studio Piano and Producion Grand 2 also sound very intriguing.

And thank you you for the recommendation on which mics to use too.

Last edited by LeftyChris; 01/13/19 05:47 PM.
Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2801641
01/13/19 06:11 PM
01/13/19 06:11 PM
Boston/Cambridge
F
Fleer Offline
Fleer  Offline
F

Boston/Cambridge
+1 on ImpactSoundworks Pearl Grand

Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: Fleer] #2801767
01/14/19 05:27 AM
01/14/19 05:27 AM
Southern California
L
LeftyChris Offline OP
LeftyChris  Offline OP
L

Southern California
Originally Posted by Fleer

I didn’t realize that people really liked Pearl that much. I had almost forgotten I even owned it since I never really had occasion to use a C7 library before. I think I bought it during one of their sales for like 25% off a few years ago. Now I’m glad that I did.

I probably own an 8Dio C7 too, come to think of it, if they ever did a C7 (can’t remember if they did), since I got several of their pianos a few years ago. But now their products just depress me....when I get their emails telling me that you can now get a product that I spent $300-$400 on for $28. Live and learn.

Last edited by LeftyChris; 01/14/19 05:31 AM.
Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: Craig Richards] #2801769
01/14/19 05:40 AM
01/14/19 05:40 AM
Southern California
L
LeftyChris Offline OP
LeftyChris  Offline OP
L

Southern California
[/quote]Cinematic Studio Piano definitely has separate sustain-pedal-up & down samples (I emailed the developer myself about that) in 6 velocity layers. No separate release samples though. That may sound a little underdone compared to Pearl (8 x 2RR layers + releases) & Production Grand (12 layers + releases), but Cinematic Studio Piano is very dynamic and surprisingly smooth between the layers. I suspect they may have sampled in whole tones (the 52 white keys) rather than in semitones (full 88 keys) in order to keep the size down, but that's my guess, and it hasn't been stated by the developer.

Velocity layers have definitely been on my mind since it is going to be a thoroughly exposed solo piano recording. That’s interesting that even with only six layers CSP still holds up and sounds convincing. At only $70, I’ll probably spring for CSP. I’m thinking of getting that new Tina Guo 2 cello library too since I love the first library and want to include some cello in my recording (in case anyone else here shares my interest in cello libraries).

Last edited by LeftyChris; 01/14/19 05:42 AM.
Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2801800
01/14/19 08:10 AM
01/14/19 08:10 AM
C
Craig Richards Offline
Craig Richards  Offline
C

Originally Posted by Fleer

I didn’t realize that people really liked Pearl that much. I had almost forgotten I even owned it since I never really had occasion to use a C7 library before. I think I bought it during one of their sales for like 25% off a few years ago. Now I’m glad that I did.

I probably own an 8Dio C7 too, come to think of it, if they ever did a C7 (can’t remember if they did), since I got several of their pianos a few years ago. But now their products just depress me....when I get their emails telling me that you can now get a product that I spent $300-$400 on for $28. Live and learn.

Make sure you download the V2 update of Pearl Concert Grand, which is free to registered V1 owners. Nice improvements in the GUI, much better pedal behaviour, and some additional de-noising of the samples to reduce the noise & rumble build up which was evident in V1.

Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2801805
01/14/19 08:18 AM
01/14/19 08:18 AM
C
Craig Richards Offline
Craig Richards  Offline
C

Velocity layers have definitely been on my mind since it is going to be a thoroughly exposed solo piano recording. That’s interesting that even with only six layers CSP still holds up and sounds convincing. At only $70, I’ll probably spring for CSP. I’m thinking of getting that new Tina Guo 2 cello library too since I love the first library and want to include some cello in my recording (in case anyone else here shares my interest in cello libraries).

If you're unsure, PM me a MIDI file and I'll render it with CSP for you to assess.

I'm also a fan of cello, and really enjoy the sound with piano. Here's a piano based production music track I wrote which features the Tina Guo Legato Cello (ie. V1):

http://www.motionfocusmusic.com/track/44dee7a3899c585c

Last edited by Craig Richards; 01/14/19 08:25 AM.

Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: Craig Richards] #2802152
01/15/19 03:51 AM
01/15/19 03:51 AM
Southern California
L
LeftyChris Offline OP
LeftyChris  Offline OP
L

Southern California

If you're unsure, PM me a MIDI file and I'll render it with CSP for you to assess.

I'm also a fan of cello, and really enjoy the sound with piano. Here's a piano based production music track I wrote which features the Tina Guo Legato Cello (ie. V1):

http://www.motionfocusmusic.com/track/44dee7a3899c585c

Really good piece! I really like the way the cello and piano sound together, and the melodies are very nice. It sounds like you’re doing music that’s not that far from what I plan to do, in fact. I realize it’s a music library piece, so perhaps you were asked to write in a certain style, but it sounds kind of “new age” to me (“new age” is really not the best label, of course, but it seems that no one has yet come up with a better one). It makes me think somewhat of Eric Tingstad and Nancy Rumbel, abeit with piano and cello instead of guitar and oboe.

Thanks for the offer re CSP - but I actually went ahead and bought it! Nevertheless, I might PM you anyway to ask you about music libraries a bit, if you don’t mind.

Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2802197
01/15/19 09:35 AM
01/15/19 09:35 AM
C
Craig Richards Offline
Craig Richards  Offline
C

Really good piece! I really like the way the cello and piano sound together, and the melodies are very nice. It sounds like you’re doing music that’s not that far from what I plan to do, in fact. I realize it’s a music library piece, so perhaps you were asked to write in a certain style, but it sounds kind of “new age” to me (“new age” is really not the best label, of course, but it seems that no one has yet come up with a better one). It makes me think somewhat of Eric Tingstad and Nancy Rumbel, abeit with piano and cello instead of guitar and oboe.

Thanks for the offer re CSP - but I actually went ahead and bought it! Nevertheless, I might PM you anyway to ask you about music libraries a bit, if you don’t mind.

Thanks for the positive comments Chris. Hope you are enjoying CSP.
Just sent you a PM.

Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2818842
02/22/19 01:44 PM
02/22/19 01:44 PM
Castle Rock, Colorado
T
Tenderdyn Offline
Tenderdyn  Offline
T

Castle Rock, Colorado
I came across this thread while doing some research and I thought I would throw another idea out. After many, many years of tweaking and "perfecting" just about every sample based solution I can think of (and actually getting Pianoteq 6 very close) I went all out and built a studio centered around a Yamaha C7 Enspire Pro Disklavier.

If you get a close sound with one of the libraries mentioned above, and want to hear what it would sound like played back on a real C7 and recorded with Neve Shelford channels, Neumann mics in great room - feel free to PM me. I'm currently working with Lisa Downing and Louis Colaiannia on some of their new projects, but I'm trying to work with a variety of artists to get the quality of those early Windham Hill and Narada recordings.

Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2818848
02/22/19 01:57 PM
02/22/19 01:57 PM
Sofia, Bulgaria
CyberGene Online content
2000 Post Club Member
CyberGene  Online Content
2000 Post Club Member

Sofia, Bulgaria
Sorry for the off topic but what happened to Windham Hill? In my youth I was obsessed with an album by Paul McCandless “Premonition” released on that label and from there on I discovered other interesting artists. Although most of the output was rather easy listening and too “cheesy” for my ears, there were also some very deep and cerebral releases which I occasionally still enjoy.

Last edited by CyberGene; 02/22/19 01:57 PM.

My Soundcloud, My YouTube
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
Re: Best Yamaha C7 Sample Library for New Age Piano Solo Music [Re: LeftyChris] #2818852
02/22/19 02:05 PM
02/22/19 02:05 PM
Sofia, Bulgaria
CyberGene Online content
2000 Post Club Member
CyberGene  Online Content
2000 Post Club Member

Sofia, Bulgaria
To not be entirely off-topic, here's one piece of that album:

Listen to the piano sound at 2:35, it's gorgeous! What a reverb, what clarity, wondering how they managed to achieve that. Played by the great Lyle Mays.

Last edited by CyberGene; 02/22/19 02:09 PM.

My Soundcloud, My YouTube
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Shop Our Online Store!
Shop Our Store Online
Shop PianoSupplies.com

Did you know Piano World has an online store, and that it's loaded with goodies pianists and music lovers want?
Check it out and place your order.

Special Purchase!
Keyboard and Roses Piano Bench Cushion Keyboard & Roses 14"x30" piano bench cushions Regularly sold for $79 to $100, now only $39. (while supplies last)

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rock School Breakdown?
by stevechris. 03/26/19 05:07 PM
Which Yamaha model?
by Azzawaba. 03/26/19 04:48 PM
CP88
by quindecima. 03/26/19 04:37 PM
Story & Clark Console - Worth Investing in?
by Bean23. 03/26/19 04:19 PM
Which Yamaha model?
by Azzawaba. 03/26/19 03:49 PM
What's Hot!!
PIANO TEACHERS Please read this!
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics191,147
Posts2,811,139
Members92,886
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission