Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
PIANO TEACHERS Please read this!
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

Who's Online Now
63 registered members (AssociateX, aliaksej, Alex C, Artur Gajewski, campfire, Beowulf, Animisha, bambooninja, 15 invisible), 913 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Buying advice (max. €2000) [Re: Markuska] #2788713
12/07/18 11:00 AM
12/07/18 11:00 AM
S
Steffo Offline
Steffo  Offline
S

Order placed.

(ad) ROLAND

Click Here

Re: Buying advice (max. €2000) [Re: Markuska] #2801351
01/12/19 05:59 PM
01/12/19 05:59 PM
M
Markuska Offline OP
Markuska  Offline OP
M

So funny, how everything worked out. If no one is showing some amazing new stuff at the NAMM with the addition "you can get this in 2 weeks in the store" I am getting a CLP645.

How did this happen? Well, a lot of stuff and since everyone seems to appreciate detailled reviews here, I would like to give on.

What happened with the Kawais was, that I really liked most of them to a certain extent. They are excellent pianos and that goes from CN27 up to a CA98. I think that especially people who like lightweigt actions will love them. But the thing was, that none of them pleased ME enough to get it. Even the GFII. So they were out at one point, but still - I can really recommend them.

Roland: I waited long to try out the new LX series and they are nice. I was not able to play the 705, but since the only thing that bothered me was the sound on the 605, and I already know the PH50 action. Unfortunately it still was not MY sound. What I highly encourage everyone to do when trying modelled Rolands in general is to try different soundboards. They change the sounds A LOT and I dont really get why this feature isnt more advertised.

Casio: again - big shoutout for the GPs. I think they have an excellent action, one of the best I played and some of the sounds are outstanding. This was the thougest competition for the 645, but in the end it was to expensive for me, without feeling (a lot?) better than the 645. What really bothered me was that you need at least a GP400 to save settings as far as I understand and that the headphone amp is really weak. But as said - outstanding instruments.

Yamaha: people who read my previous posts may notice that I was no fan of the 645 in the beginning due to the heavy touch, nor a BIG fan of the Yamahas in generall. But after reading someones post somewhere suggesting trying EVERYTHING in the store, I tried them again. And when trying the 645/685 again I kinda fell in pianolove with them. Again I noticed that the action is very heavy, but after playing a bit you a. get used to and b./more important I could feel being more dynamically expressive and that I just got a feel of getting better while playing. After spending time on them my fingers were also much better on other pianos.

After checking again yesterday I found out that I liked the action on the 645 more or at least equally as the one on the 685.

One of the most important reasons was the sound of the instrument. Of course I know that theres the way to use VSTs, but I know myself - I just want to sit down and play! Even for 5Minutes. I dont want to turn on my pc all the time. Maybe I will use them one day but I also want a sound I like ready to play at all the time. And only the Yamaha gives me this kind of "IN YOUR FACE" brilliiant piano sound that I like so much, even more after adjusting some settings. And also the Bösendorfer rocks with the right settings.

And it looks good and is certainly in the budget.

A really important moment was also when I had the possibility to play an acoustic upright during christmas holidays. It was a bit out of tune, but still regarding the action it was so different from the DPs. I started my budget around €800-€1000 (Arius 163 was in my mind) then raised to €1200, then to €2000 and was thinking of spending even more. But after playing the acoustic I found at that for ME that makes no sense. They are just different from DPs, especially the real feeling of a hammer hitting. I really like that and hope to get it one day. On this topic I would also like to mention that feelingwise I think that the NU1X had the nicest action for me. Interestingly I even liked it more than the N1, due to the sound of the later. Someone mentioned it, and I also think its really important to play an instrument with all senses - I cant describe it, and most likely its objetively wrong, but actions just feel different to me with sound.

So what am I going to do now? Atm I am waiting for the NAMM, but I am quite sure that everything that may be announced there wont be availiable until sometime. Especially after experiencing the time it took from Roland telling us about the new LX series and the possibility to play them.

Mostly I am waiting for the sake of "more products - more competition - better price". I dont expect the price to drop by itself all of sudden, but I will make an offer based on that. And if they say no, we'll see. I definately wont be paying more than €2000 (prices where at €1700 sometimes this year).

So, I have to thank everyone again that helped me and while being time-consuming all in all it was a pleasure to search. I learned so much, even a lot about accoustics and even when I have my CLP I will still read here most likely everday!!

At the very end let me give my own bit of adivce to anyone buying. You read it a 100times, but its true - you have to try YOUR piano for yourself. Even now still the CLP645 is the best for ME, but I would never say that its better than a HP605 or a CA58. Others will find them more pleasing. Just try them out and get what fells best for you (in your budget).

I also would say that the comparision to acoustics is not that ideal starting point. Let aside the fact that its just different action that, except for the hybrids, does not feel like an acoustic at the moment, but also: which acoustic would you like it to feel like? There are hundreds of instruments, that even differentiate a lot in their group of acoustics, so imho you can never say "X feels closest to acoustics".

Well, thanks again everyone and I will give a review again after playing sometime smile

Greetings from Germany
Markus

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Petrof
(ad)
Sweetwater - Keyboards
Sweetwater
ad
Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Lessons Online

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tips for playing Mozart K310 First movement
by hyena. 01/16/19 03:38 AM
Comparing DP to acoustic, muffled/metallic sound etc...
by Artur Gajewski. 01/16/19 01:27 AM
Need Roland HP170 service manual/schematic
by btsui. 01/15/19 11:15 PM
Discord Online Jamming Central server looking for pianists
by Tyrone Slothrop. 01/15/19 11:02 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics189,594
Posts2,782,186
Members92,114
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Please Support Our Advertisers
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

PianoTeq Petrof
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission