Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
117 registered members (AlphaBravoCharlie, 36251, Apoll0, ando, anotherscott, Avalanch, Animisha, 26 invisible), 3,290 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: CyberGene] #2786111
11/29/18 04:50 PM
11/29/18 04:50 PM
France
Frédéric L Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Frédéric L  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

France
Originally Posted by CyberGene
I know people who have spent $1000 for a USB cable and went to great lengths explaining how it’s better than another USB cable with words like: transparency, scene, openness, separation, 3D location in space ... How about that? laugh

If they are buyers for 1000$ cables, it would be a pity for the seller not to sell them. Plain supply and demand economic law. wink

Yamaha CLP150, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
(ad) SWEETWATER Lowest Prices
Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Bruce In Philly] #2786119
11/29/18 05:14 PM
11/29/18 05:14 PM
Southwestern Ontario
P
prout Offline
4000 Post Club Member
prout  Offline
4000 Post Club Member
P

Southwestern Ontario
I used to use ‘Lamp Cord’ for my speakers, but I found the sound too bright.

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: prout] #2786146
11/29/18 06:39 PM
11/29/18 06:39 PM
Tyrone Slothrop Online content
Tyrone Slothrop  Online Content

6000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by prout
Quote from Tryone above: “Bruce In Philly suggested the PS Audio DirectStream DAC, but this is twice as expensive as the Benchmark DAC3. Just doesn't seem worth it to me. The positive thing is that it doesn't appear to have a built-in preamp, unlike the Benchmark DAC3.”

No matter how a DAC or an ADC is marketed, there must be an analogue amplifier (a pre-amp if you will) as part of the signal chain. It is impossible to do otherwise. It may be that the output amplitude of a DAC is preset to line-level with no level adjust, or it may have a level-adjust available. In either case a circuit is involved (fixed or variable) used to set the gain of the op-amp. Without an op-amp (pre-amp) there is no analogue signal.

The PS audio DAC states “Output Stage - Passive audio transformer, fed by high current, high speed analog amps producing double rate DSD.”

Yep. Further research reveals how the Benchmark DAC3 handles this. The "B" and "L" versions of the Benchmark DAC3 don't have a headphone amp built in. Instead, what they do is factory calibrate output to 2 volts line level for 0dBFS digital input. So yes, strictly speaking, there is amplification.

across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Bruce In Philly] #2786159
11/29/18 07:14 PM
11/29/18 07:14 PM
Southwestern Ontario
P
prout Offline
4000 Post Club Member
prout  Offline
4000 Post Club Member
P

Southwestern Ontario
The issue of multiple amps in a chain is interesting.

I have vacuum tube mics. They each have a pre-amp to bring the signal from a few 100 nanovolts up to a few microvolts. That feeds a vacuum tube pre-amp with two levels of amplification - one to bring adjust the level of distortion and the other to put out a +4dBu referenced signal. That feeds an ADC which has pre-amps to take the ‘line level’ signal and make it ‘line level’. Obviously, I can leave out the vacuum tube pre-amp by using the variable gain on the ADC. I choose to use the vacuum tube pre-amp because I have control over input impedance which makes the sound ‘airy’ or ‘crystal clear’ or ‘clinical’, and because I can warm up the sound using even harmonic distortion. In this case the ADC gain is set at 0 (minimum) and is basically a pass-through to the digital conversion and USB coding.

Makes great recordings.

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2786183
11/29/18 08:23 PM
11/29/18 08:23 PM
Philadelphia
Bruce In Philly Online content OP
Bruce In Philly  Online Content OP

Philadelphia
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
I have another question which probably fits this thread better than any other on this forum. As mentioned somewhere above, I currently have my DP connected to a PC with a Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition feeding a Little Dot MK VIII SE headphone amp feeding my (now broken) Sennheiser HD800 headphones. As also mentioned earlier in this thread, I've been considering upgrading the X7 to a Benchmark DAC3, but I'd really like to get rid of some components in the audio chain. In particular, it's completely redundant that the X7 has a preamp since I already have Little Dot MK VIII SE headphone amp which doesn't need a particularly strong input signal, so no preamp is needed. The Benchmark DAC3 that I've been considering also has a preamp. Are there any external audio/DACs which don't have a built-in preamp which I can use in my setup?

Yes, there are many but your Benchmark DAC3 can be configured to bypass the volume control and preamp. In "HT" mode, your DAC bypasses the volume control.

BTW, PS Audio has a DSD Junior witch is fabulous... I owned one. It has a volume control but it is an attenuator in the digital domain. All of these electronics have a gain stage to drive interconnect cables so don't get too hung up on "preamp", you DAC3 is perfect with the HT bypass mode. (I owned a DAC1 USB and it had a similar bypass switch.... I used the preamp/ volume control when I used the DAC1 to directly drive a pair of VTL monoblocks amps... then I replaced them with a PrimaLuna integrated and that is when I put the DAC1 into bypass mode.... just fine.)

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 11/29/18 08:25 PM.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Bruce In Philly] #2786189
11/29/18 08:38 PM
11/29/18 08:38 PM

6000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
Yes, there are many but your Benchmark DAC3 can be configured to bypass the volume control and preamp. In "HT" mode, your DAC bypasses the volume control.

Thanks! Yes, I also learned about the "L" and "B" versions of DAC3 which don't have the headphone amp at all, so I am going to take a look at those too.

I'm also looking at the Schiit Yggdrasil since that has gotten good (and also some not so good) reviews.

BTW, PS Audio has a DSD Junior witch is fabulous... I owned one. It has a volume control but it is an attenuator in the digital domain.

Now this is interesting, because someone else just told me something negative about digital attenuators last night:
Many low-end and even mid-fi DACs will have a digital attenuator which acts like a preamp (controls volume). Digital volume control is inferior so if you’re shooting for ultimate quality you shouldn’t use it.
The best possible audio quality is DAC -> all-tube preamp -> amp. A step down would be DAC -> solid state preamp -> amp OR DAC -> integrated amp (where the preamp is built into the amp). The worst possible is DAC (digital volume) -> amp.

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2786205
11/29/18 09:01 PM
11/29/18 09:01 PM
Southwestern Ontario
P
prout Offline
4000 Post Club Member
prout  Offline
4000 Post Club Member
P

Southwestern Ontario

Thanks! Yes, I also learned about the "L" and "B" versions of DAC3 which don't have the headphone amp at all, so I am going to take a look at those too.

I'm also looking at the Schiit Yggdrasil since that has gotten good (and also some not so good) reviews.

BTW, PS Audio has a DSD Junior witch is fabulous... I owned one. It has a volume control but it is an attenuator in the digital domain.

Now this is interesting, because someone else just told me something negative about digital attenuators last night:
Many low-end and even mid-fi DACs will have a digital attenuator which acts like a preamp (controls volume). Digital volume control is inferior so if you’re shooting for ultimate quality you shouldn’t use it.
The best possible audio quality is DAC -> all-tube preamp -> amp. A step down would be DAC -> solid state preamp -> amp OR DAC -> integrated amp (where the preamp is built into the amp). The worst possible is DAC (digital volume) -> amp.

Well, iin spite of my vacuum tube amp preferences, the idea of a digital volume control being inferior is totally wrong. You have to understand that we are dealing in the digital realm with numbers, and only numbers.
So, if any of you are using any form of digital technology, that is to say, you do not play LPs on a turn table into analogue amps to speakers, then you have numbers.

A digital volume control simply moves zeros and ones, as a group, from one set of placeholders to another set of placeholders. NO DATA OF ANY KIND IS LOST, if the ‘binary shift’ or ‘register shift’ occurs within the allowable range. Say you record in 24 bits. The loudest signal you recorded was 18 bits and the softest signal was 9 bits. You could shift the data left (change the volume) by increasing it 6 bits to 24 bits without losing any data. (You are just adding zeros to the end.) You could also shift the data to the right (lower the volume) by up to 9 bits without losing any data.

Once the signal becomes numbers in the digital realm, right or left shifts within the data block are lossless. This is digital volume control..

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: prout] #2786207
11/29/18 09:04 PM
11/29/18 09:04 PM

6000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by prout
Well, iin spite of my vacuum tube amp preferences, the idea of a digital volume control being inferior is totally wrong. You have to understand that we are dealing in the digital realm with numbers, and only numbers.
So, if any of you are using any form of digital technology, that is to say, you do not play LPs on a turn table into analogue amps to speakers, then you have numbers.

A digital volume control simply moves zeros and ones, as a group, from one set of placeholders to another set of placeholders. NO DATA OF ANY KIND IS LOST, if the ‘binary shift’ or ‘register shift’ occurs within the allowable range. Say you record in 24 bits. The loudest signal you recorded was 18 bits and the softest signal was 9 bits. You could shift the data left (change the volume) by increasing it 6 bits to 24 bits without losing any data. (You are just adding zeros to the end.) You could also shift the data to the right (lower the volume) by up to 9 bits without losing any data.

Once the signal becomes numbers in the digital realm, right or left shifts within the data block are lossless. This is digital volume control..

Yes, I realized he was talking about rounding errors. And I agree with you that rounding errors amount to a few bits in the LSB when there are 24 bits, less of an effect in a DAC than most other things. I just thought it was interesting that this fellow stated that opinion. BTW, I also know that some rounding errors can introduce some very high frequency components in a DAC, but these will be very high frequency and probably near the noise floor. My guess it is those high frequency components that can occur from rounding which he had a problem with. But those are just swamped by other effects.

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Bruce In Philly] #2786295
11/30/18 03:14 AM
11/30/18 03:14 AM
Sofia, Bulgaria
CyberGene Online content
4000 Post Club Member
CyberGene  Online Content
4000 Post Club Member

Sofia, Bulgaria
As already stated, digital volume is vastly superior to even the most expensive pots or even step-resistors since they bring noise and the digital volume has zero noise (no pun intended).
Digital volume vs Analog volume

My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Bruce In Philly] #2786437
11/30/18 12:50 PM
11/30/18 12:50 PM
Philadelphia
Bruce In Philly Online content OP
Bruce In Philly  Online Content OP

Philadelphia
Digital attenuators. There is no reason they should degrade the sound..... unless the attenuation is poorly implemented in firmware. You may want to check into Windows 10 attenuator... it used to be WIndows attenuation was just awful... chopped the bits and some other horrors. I am not up on the latest Windows.

I choose to pass bits through my windows machines in a bit-for-bit fashion as I don't trust WIndows..... The WIndows mixer where it mixes the sound from other sources just butchers a particular digital stream. So when I play a source where I care about the sound quality, I use a driver that bypasses the Windows "kernel". My PS Audio DSD DAC provides files that when played, will trigger an icon to light on the DAC's display when the stream it receives is exactly bit-for-bit from the source file. This is the ultimate test of any corruption from Windows.

What does this mean for digital pianos? Well nothing really, unless you are using a VST. I Plan to buy Pianoteq in a few months, and will want it to send a digital stream through my Windows PC to my Benchmark DAC... I want that stream to be bit-for-bit from Pianoteq... as best as Pianoteq can serve. This is where this stuff starts to matter. Especially if you want to get the best out of this stuff.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 11/30/18 12:53 PM.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Bruce In Philly] #2786479
11/30/18 02:31 PM
11/30/18 02:31 PM
Lampedusa
N
newer player Online content
1000 Post Club Member
newer player  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
N

Lampedusa
I haven't seen many absolutes in audio in my limited experience.

Well designed DACs have clever power filtering and output schemes so require getting more than the digital domain correct. I would expect that most devices use off-the-shelf parts and solutions so have some issues both in the digital and in the analogue domains.

A good pre-amp with stepped attenuators is very expensive but it provides virtually unmeasurable distortion & a lot of features. For example, volume control, good switching of home equipment (esp analogue gear like a FM tuner and turntable), protection from volume spikes to speakers, good input & output impedance control, handy remote, etc. A silly-expensive pre-amp doesn't seem to make much sense with $500 speakers.

My RME BabyFace interface makes a good home DAC but a mediocre home stereo preamp. It sounds OK but I am always worried about some computer glitch blowing my monitors.

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: newer player] #2786489
11/30/18 02:45 PM
11/30/18 02:45 PM
Lampedusa
N
newer player Online content
1000 Post Club Member
newer player  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
N

Lampedusa
Originally Posted by newer player
My RME BabyFace interface makes a good home DAC but a mediocre home stereo preamp. It sounds OK but I am always worried about some computer glitch blowing my monitors.

Clarification: With self-powered monitors, speaker damage from the computer glitch is probably less of a risk. With headphones, your interface may have some protection for your headphones and ears (or not).

Running a big home amplifier directly from the interface, like I do, probably is more risky.

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2786548
11/30/18 06:01 PM
11/30/18 06:01 PM
Sydney, Australia
S
sullivang Offline
3000 Post Club Member
sullivang  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
S

Sydney, Australia

Is there a USB interface you recommend?

I'm not familiar with the current range, however one example of an interface from a good brand would be the Focusrite Solo It has recording functionality which you don't need (and yes, a headphone output), but it's still quite cheap. (IMHO). It is definitely designed for real time performance. (i.e - low latency ASIO driver). Just as an aside, it's headphone output should drive many full sized headphones to a sufficiently loud level, IMHO.

Greg.

Last edited by sullivang; 11/30/18 06:01 PM.
Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2792818
12/18/18 08:00 PM
12/18/18 08:00 PM

6000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by newer player
How can I find a local electronics tech? I've search on google for "headphone technician" and came up empty. Posted to Reddit's u/headphone and nothing so far.

There are a few "headphone techs" in Tokyo but I doubt you will find one elsewhere in the world. Just look for a regular electronics repair shop that repairs audio and music equipment. A good place to start is here

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/index.html#repairs

Thanks! Going to do that.

Well, just by way of update, the headphone specialty technician I found sent my HD800 back, unfixed. But after 3 weeks of silence, Sennheiser Tech Support finally got back to me and said for a fixed fee, they will replace my current broken HD800 for a new one, even though their website doesn't say they will do this for items out of warranty. So I've just shipped the HD800's to them, and fingers crossed, I get a new pair back. I'm also going to check if giving me a new pair restarts the warranty, especially as I am being forced to pay their "fixed fee".

This said, I've decided to go ahead and upgrade myself to the HD800S because I am so frustrated by this experience with the broken HD800 that I need some retail-therapy. LOL. So when I get this new pair of HD800 back (knock on wood), I will be looking to immediately sell it off on eBay or Craigslist (so if anyone feels that a new HD800 is "calling out" to them, let me know LOL).

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Bruce In Philly] #2794534
12/23/18 01:04 PM
12/23/18 01:04 PM

6000 Post Club Member

That amp looks really neat!!! I see it uses 6H30Pi tubes.... interesting..... Chinese tubes I suspect, you may want to try the Russian equivalents.... .... Nice amp!:
[Linked Image]

Well, what I think is a nice looking amp is the one that comes with the Sennheiser HE 1, with its eight SE803/S valves. smile :
[Linked Image]

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Bruce In Philly] #2798685
01/05/19 10:33 AM
01/05/19 10:33 AM

6000 Post Club Member

I've been having my socks blown off (to the point that I should not even put any on smile ) by this device. It was $150 when I ordered it and backordered 10 weeks, but I finally got it. It opens the soundstage so much it gives me chills. I almost forget I have headphones on. In the time it was backordered for me, I think the price on it went down to $130 or something. Creative Labs (the Soundblaster folks) spent 3 years, in their audio labs in Singapore, developing it and took out a few patents on the idea. Time well spent I think! The device literally models the shape of the individual user's head and ears, calculates a model of the sound the user would therefore perceive should they not be wearing headphones, and applies highly tailored transformations (i.e., sophisticated convolution function) to the audio from the sound source, specific to the exact brand and model of headphones being worn. Sounds geeky but the results can only be described as "amazing."

For audiophiles, we often detest the idea of any sort of audio post-processing, however, I have to make an exception for this case. The X-Fi is nothing short of incredible. Audiophiles take note for the next time $130 is burning a hole in yer pocket.

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2798751
01/05/19 01:45 PM
01/05/19 01:45 PM
UK
S
spanishbuddha Offline
3000 Post Club Member
spanishbuddha  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
S

UK
I've been having my socks blown off (to the point that I should not even put any on smile ) by this device. It was $150 when I ordered it and backordered 10 weeks, but I finally got it. It opens the soundstage so much it gives me chills. I almost forget I have headphones on. In the time it was backordered for me, I think the price on it went down to $130 or something. Creative Labs (the Soundblaster folks) spent 3 years, in their audio labs in Singapore, developing it and took out a few patents on the idea. Time well spent I think! The device literally models the shape of the individual user's head and ears, calculates a model of the sound the user would therefore perceive should they not be wearing headphones, and applies highly tailored transformations (i.e., sophisticated convolution function) to the audio from the sound source, specific to the exact brand and model of headphones being worn. Sounds geeky but the results can only be described as "amazing."

For audiophiles, we often detest the idea of any sort of audio post-processing, however, I have to make an exception for this case. The X-Fi is nothing short of incredible. Audiophiles take note for the next time $130 is burning a hole in yer pocket.

Is it appropriate for use with a DP, is there latency?

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: spanishbuddha] #2798767
01/05/19 02:27 PM
01/05/19 02:27 PM

6000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
Is it appropriate for use with a DP, is there latency?

I've been using with my piano, but with relatively cheap headphones since my HD800's are in the shop, and there is no perceptible latency. I feel connected and I can play just fine. In my case, the sound comes out of a VST, Pianoteq, through a Win10 mini-PC, and not directly out of my piano's onboard sound engine. Pianoteq and ASIO already add 3-4 milliseconds for me, on top of everything else. Your experience might depend on your specific piano setup though, so I can't guarantee you would have my results. To my knowledge, the X-Fi does not do phase correction, so I don't see why there would even be more than the usual nominal, transmission-time latency.

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2798776
01/05/19 02:39 PM
01/05/19 02:39 PM

6000 Post Club Member

...so I don't see why there would even be more than the usual nominal, transmission-time latency.

I should have said "much more". It would be a bit more since the device has to apply the convolution function to the incoming audio. But this should be quick enough for a DSP.

Re: Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados [Re: Bruce In Philly] #2799493
01/07/19 07:57 PM
01/07/19 07:57 PM
Raleigh, North Carolina
MacMacMac Offline
9000 Post Club Member
MacMacMac  Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Raleigh, North Carolina
I thought I'd share what I prepared for someone else: A linked listing of posts on the subject of headphones over the past three years. (It was "current" as of one month ago.)

THREAD TITLE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .LAST POST . . .LINK
Headphones and amps and stuff . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12/09/2018 . . 2788811
Best headphones open? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12/05/2018 . . 2785883
Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .11/30/2018 . . 2774916
Headphone enhancements (surround sound) demo, please? . . . . . 11/29/2018 . . 2783953
Roland RH-A7 Headphones for Roland digital pianos. . . . . . . .11/23/2018 . . 2783770
Black friday deal - Canada - looking for headphones . . . . . . 11/21/2018 . . 2783237
Roland- headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .11/14/2018 . . 2780878
How do you deal with volume over headphones? . . . . . . . . . .11/14/2018 . . 2779701
CA98 volume settings (with and w/o headphones) . . . . . . . . .11/09/2018 . . 2777310
Roland GO Piano and Wireless Headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . 10/13/2018 . . 2772136
HP 605 speakers on with headphone input . . . . . . . . . . . . 09/09/2018 . . 2763905
Korg SP-250 sounds only coming from headphones . . . . . . . . .08/17/2018 . . 2759063
Sennheiser headphone advice . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08/05/2018 . . 2754589
RD-2000 Headphone Output? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08/03/2018 . . 2752780
Which cheap battery powered headphone amp ? . . . . . . . . . . 08/01/2018 . . 2753822
Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, HD58x - questions . . . . . . . .07/16/2018 . . 2749562
Best closed back headphones for piano voices . . . . . . . . . .06/22/2018 . . 2746052
Beyerdynamic dt770 headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 06/20/2018 . . 2745595
KAWAI CA-17: External speakers via headphones/MIDI connector . .06/09/2018 . . 2715849
Headphones with headphone amp better than sound system . . . . .06/04/2018 . . 2741871
Switch between headphones and monitors? . . . . . . . . . . . . 05/20/2018 . . 2738199
(Headphones) Senn HD559 or other for digital piano? . . . . . . 05/08/2018 . . 2735140
Headphones from AKG . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 04/07/2018 . . 2727164
Best headphone opinions. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .04/01/2018 . . 2722084
Using Asio4all with an external Headphone Amp/DAC . . . . . . . 03/15/2018 . . 2721184
Headphones setup for Kawai ES8 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .03/06/2018 . . 2718456
Sound is better on headphones than on speakers: why? . . . . . .03/02/2018 . . 2718136
Sennheiser HD 600 Headphones? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 03/01/2018 . . 2716510
Headphones + Speakers on CN-27 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .02/19/2018 . . 2715463
Headphone issue and advice . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .02/15/2018 . . 2712822
Which secondary headphones? (Have Sennheiser HD 600) . . . . . .02/09/2018 . . 2709792
An alternative to headphones OR silent system! . . . . . . . . .01/28/2018 . . 2575393
Headphone advice . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .01/06/2018 . . 2657689
Avantgrand headphone sound is bad. I want to improve! . . . . . 12/26/2017 . . 2694136
Kawai ES8 purchase experience and headphones question . . . . . 12/17/2017 . . 2697267
Left & Right Headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12/09/2017 . . 2695592
Kawai ES8 Headphone Hum . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11/27/2017 . . 2657677
HiFiMAN HE-400i headphones - Incredible deal . . . . . . . . . .11/24/2017 . . 2691714
Advice needed for new headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .11/18/2017 . . 2689100
headphone Jack on MP11 question . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11/12/2017 . . 2688979
Having JBL LSR305, what a closest sounding headphone? . . . . . 11/10/2017 . . 2666451
Best headphones for under $100 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .11/08/2017 . . 2686859
MP7 headphone choice: Sennheiser HD600 vs HD650 . . . . . . . . 11/08/2017 . . 2602861
Wireless Headphones? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .10/15/2017 . . 2681506
Kawai CA 97, headphone volume setting . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10/11/2017 . . 2680274
Any decent headphones still made with dedicated 1/4" plug? . . .10/10/2017 . . 2680910
Headphones? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08/20/2017 . . 2668498
Roland FP30 & 3D Ambience on headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . 08/18/2017 . . 2668478
Roland FP-30 and headphones - read if you want to buy one !! . .08/03/2017 . . 2574707
Digital piano, Amp/Speakers/Headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . .07/23/2017 . . 2663463
PSA: Sennheiser HD 6XX headphones on Massdrop . . . . . . . . . 07/20/2017 . . 2662614
Line out jack or Headphone output? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .05/27/2017 . . 2647667
Kawai-CA 97 (SHS) headphone question . . . . . . . . . . . . . .05/19/2017 . . 2439236
Issues with headphone on Arius YDP-163 . . . . . . . . . . . . .05/07/2017 . . 2639370
Headphone jack vs line out sound quality difference? . . . . . .04/12/2017 . . 2632338
OT ... DiGiGrid headphone amp . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 03/19/2017 . . 2625188
Best headphones for digital piano . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 03/07/2017 . . 2472805
Digital piano headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .03/06/2017 . . 2620495
Cheap headphone amp recommendation? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 02/22/2017 . . 2616329
Inexpensive headphones for DP - ATH-M30x . . . . . . . . . . . .02/11/2017 . . 2613132
Cs11/ca97..and wireless headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .02/01/2017 . . 2609798
Sound comes out of speakers even w headphones plugged in . . . .01/20/2017 . . 2605779
Digital headphones and latency . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .01/14/2017 . . 2604169
Which Headphones do you own and would you recommend them? . . . 01/11/2017 . . 1592664
High Impedance Headphones for Yamaha Pianos . . . . . . . . . . 01/02/2017 . . 2598438
For Headphone use only - Kawai CA 67 vs CA 97 vs MP11 . . . . . 12/29/2016 . . 2598597
Headphones with Digital Pianos? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12/27/2016 . . 2597879
sennheiser earbud type headphones .. any good for DPs? . . . . .12/23/2016 . . 2597497
Sennheiser headphone question . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12/23/2016 . . 2597368
Wireless headphones with digital pianos . . . . . . . . . . . . 12/23/2016 . . 2597319
Headphones - no more searching . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .12/18/2016 . . 2593615
Best digital keyboard for classical practice w. headphone? . . .12/16/2016 . . 2587603
Amp for headphone with impedance 250 Ohm and up . . . . . . . . 12/13/2016 . . 2594098
MP11 Line out/headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .11/24/2016 . . 2589608
Best digital/software pianos for playing with headphones? . . . 10/30/2016 . . 2582665
Adding external monitors to my Kawai CN25: headphone output? . .10/20/2016 . . 2580208
Wireless headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10/20/2016 . . 2579757
Headphones - low volume and distortion . . . . . . . . . . . . .10/11/2016 . . 2574358
Best digital piano headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 09/26/2016 . . 2573871
Audio-Technica ATH-EW9 Clip on headphones . . . . . . . . . . . 09/23/2016 . . 2572795
Headphones and plans a, b scuppered! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .09/12/2016 . . 2569890
Headphones for digital piano and other uses . . . . . . . . . . 09/10/2016 . . 2569314
New Headphones..... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08/14/2016 . . 2563221
Headphone differences . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 07/08/2016 . . 2554047
Headphones with a Kawai CA series. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .06/30/2016 . . 2549327
Question about recording with headphones output . . . . . . . . 06/05/2016 . . 2546365
TB Isone: a remarkable plugin for Pianoteq and headphones . . . 05/05/2016 . . 2536744
Getting the most out of my new headphones . . . . . . . . . . . 04/11/2016 . . 2529513
Roland FP-30 demo from headphone out - english subtitles . . . .04/03/2016 . . 2526118
Versatile Headphones for Digital Piano . . . . . . . . . . . . .03/29/2016 . . 2525611
Headphones for Digital Piano . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .02/22/2016 . . 2510147
Headphone/amp for N2? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 01/23/2016 . . 2493370
Kawai CA-67 sound through headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . .01/14/2016 . . 2402684
General headphones question . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12/31/2015 . . 2494477
Bose Headphones digital piano usage? . . . . . . . . . . . . . .12/31/2015 . . 2494258
THE best headphones? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .11/28/2015 . . 675052
Headphones vs Monitors.... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .11/05/2015 . . 2477274
Headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .11/02/2015 . . 2476330
Use your own headphones! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .10/16/2015 . . 2470885
AKG K702/712 headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10/10/2015 . . 2466604
Headphones, open or closed? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10/06/2015 . . 2466579
Good Digital Headphones? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .10/06/2015 . . 2465593
PSR E343 Headphone . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .09/22/2015 . . 2462128
Headphones Advice . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 07/31/2015 . . 2444791
Anyone using decent lightweight headphones/ear-speakers? . . . .07/27/2015 . . 2444582
Soundcard for Kontakt + headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .07/16/2015 . . 2441554
Headphones for Digital pianos . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 07/11/2015 . . 665427
2015 Headphone Choice? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .06/21/2015 . . 2432045
Kawai sound headphones on . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 04/24/2015 . . 2413359
new Yamaha P-105, headphones don't turn off speakers . . . . . .04/19/2015 . . 2411380
Reproducing the Yamaha Disklavier headphones effect . . . . . . 04/04/2015 . . 2406524
Another headphones question thread . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .03/20/2015 . . 2399936
Headphone question for Casio PX860 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .03/19/2015 . . 2400207
Kawai VPC1 with bluetooth headphones . . . . . . . . . . . . . .01/28/2015 . . 2378571
Headphone recommendation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .01/01/2015 . . 2365093

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Piano World 

Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chance of me becoming an orchestra/concert pianist?
by GraceNotes. 09/17/19 11:11 AM
Which piano do I keep?
by 2Pianos. 09/16/19 10:10 PM
[article] When the Pianos Went to War
by Chrispy. 09/16/19 05:15 PM
Kawai or Yamaha?
by Dkrs60. 09/16/19 03:57 PM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics194,071
Posts2,870,305
Members94,435
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission