2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
38 members (1957, CyberGene, Beowulf, bratner, CharlesXX, danyrc, 11 invisible), 452 guests, and 451 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts?
bSharp(C)yclist #2776581 10/29/18 05:44 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
I think Yuja Wang is coming to the LA area in March. I may go see it smile

I'm thinking of going too, I am not too far away in Las Vegas. But the most reasonable ticket is $130ish, and from that seat she's a tiny speck in the horizon.
Listening to some John Adams now to see if he's my cup of tea..

Mark_C #2793429 12/20/18 12:31 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Martha Argerich will be playing Prokofiev's Piano Concerto No. 3 with the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra and Lahav Shani tomorrow, 21 Dec 2018, broadcast live in HD on Medici.TV. Unfortunately, it is only accessible to those with a premium subscription, but if you love Argerich and Prokofiev's 3rd, then it might be worth the $18 to sign up for a month. Sadly, I'm going to be busy during that time so I will have to catch the recorded version later, but if someone absolutely wants to see it live when broadcast, you can PM me. First come, first serve wink

Get ready for a thrilling end to a thrilling year! Martha Argerich and Lahav Shani take on Prokofiev, live from Rotterdam. Yuja Wang in recital, streaming from Berlin. Claudio Abbado's unforgettable tribute to Herbert von Karajan. Nelson Freire and Martha Argerich in an iconic performance for two pianos. And this is just part one... Join us as we bid adieu to 2018 in style!

LIVE SOON PREMIUM Friday, Dec. 21st at 12:15pm (EST)/ 5:15pm (GMT)
Martha Argerich plays Prokofiev's Piano Concerto No. 3!
With the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra and Lahav Shani

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Mark_C #2795045 12/25/18 03:14 AM
G
G
Originally Posted by Mark_C
I for one would find it very useful. Like, I often wonder if people like Argerich or Sokolov or Lisitsa or Grosvenor or Beatrice Rana or (pardon me) grin Lang Lang or, I don't know, Franz Liszt are going to be appearing somewhere, and so occasionally I google some of them to see, but nobody can google everybody all the time, and so sometimes when we do find out, it's too late to do anything about it......

Wonder as to where Liszt might be performing, next? grin

gp84 #2795046 12/25/18 03:15 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by gp84
I for one would find it very useful. Like, I often wonder if people like Argerich or Sokolov or Lisitsa or Grosvenor or Beatrice Rana or (pardon me) grin Lang Lang or, I don't know, Franz Liszt are going to be appearing somewhere, and so occasionally I google some of them to see, but nobody can google everybody all the time, and so sometimes when we do find out, it's too late to do anything about it......

Yeah, I'd definitely want to be alerted to that one as well grin

Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
Sibylle #2795085 12/25/18 09:37 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sibylle

I would pay BIG $$$$$ to see that cool

[Linked Image]
NobleHouse #2795102 12/25/18 10:38 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by NobleHouse

I would pay BIG $$$$$ to see that cool

TAKE MY LIFE SAVINGS ALREADY! grin

Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
Mark_C #2795241 12/25/18 09:02 PM
J
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
J
You’re in luck, guys. It’s a rematch between him and Thalberg. Pay-per-view, or live in Atlantic City.

If you don't talk to your children about equal temperment, who will?
jon-nyc #2795274 12/25/18 11:26 PM
Mark_C Offline OP
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jon-nyc
.....or live in Atlantic City.

Sounds like kind of a gamble. ha

Mark_C #2795277 12/25/18 11:42 PM
G
G

+1

Extra note:

Managed to avoid gun fire around my house on this Christmas evening as it turned out to be just a few "pops" from leftover 4th of July fireworks that some neighbors have been fooling around with. grin

gp84 #2795279 12/25/18 11:51 PM
G
G

+1

Extra note:

Managed to avoid gun fire around my house on this Christmas evening as it turned out to be just a few "pops" from leftover 4th of July fireworks that some neighbors have been fooling around with. grin

And, as it is nearly midnight as of now -- everything has settled down. thumb

Mark_C #2798768 01/05/19 01:29 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King
Can we plug our own upcoming concerts, or should that be a different thread?

IMO:

It depends.

For example:

Yours, yes.
Mine, no. ha

Mine probably not either, but I'll be performing the Brahms Quintet with some fabulous string players on Sunday January 13th at the Lyceum in Alexandria, VA. There will also be a performance of a wind quintet by Ewazen, which I am very keen to hear.

Program and venue details at http://www.fmmc.org/event/lyceum-concert-series-22/

SRF
SiFi #2798773 01/05/19 01:35 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by SiFi
Mine probably not either, but I'll be performing the Brahms Quintet with some fabulous string players on Sunday January 13th at the Lyceum in Alexandria, VA. There will also be a performance of a wind quintet by Ewazen, which I am very keen to hear.

Program and venue details at http://www.fmmc.org/event/lyceum-concert-series-22/

I'm in DC, so this is just across the river. If I come, I'll be sure to come up and say hi.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Tyrone Slothrop #2798779 01/05/19 01:47 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

I'm in DC, so this is just across the river. If I come, I'll be sure to come up and say hi.

That'd be great! cool My real name is Simon Finlow, though now I think about it, I'll be the only piano guy there so I should be easy to find.
ha

SRF
SiFi #2801243 01/12/19 12:53 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

That'd be great! cool My real name is Simon Finlow, though now I think about it, I'll be the only piano guy there so I should be easy to find.
ha

I completely lost track of time and but I was in the first PW online gathering and Sibylle asked about piano recitals we are each attending and I remember all of a sudden that I am going to attend your quintet performance. So definitely will be attending tomorrow afternoon at 3pm. I will come up afterwards and say hi. And no, I will not be the person in the audience following along with the score. (cmb13 dissuaded me from that notion wink )

[Linked Image]

SiFi #2801644 01/13/19 05:21 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

ha

SiFi: Well, don't think I didn't give it the ole college try. smile I came, tried all the doors and the place was locked up tight as a button on account of the heavy snowfall. So I went a few doors down to the La Trattoria where I had a wonderful pasta dinner, the chef made off-menu specialties just for me as the only customer, and I chatted up a voluble waitress on topics ranging from bitcoins to politics to Asians in America to piano recitals to opera. So not an evening lost. When is the the make-up day for your performance?

[Linked Image]

Mark_C #2801649 01/13/19 05:29 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Awwww man and here I was looking forward to photos and video!

Sibylle

Sibylle #2801653 01/13/19 05:46 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Awwww man and here I was looking forward to photos and video!

Well, I don't want it to be said I hadn't come prepared to ask SiFi's permission to film it - with my tripod and everything - on the behest of our merry piano party group yesterday smile

In fact, SiFi, do let me know if filming it would be ok when your performance does finally end up being rescheduled smile

[Linked Image]

gp84 #2801812 01/14/19 07:40 AM
Y
Y

+1

Extra note:

OT:

@Mark_C:

Did manage to get through this holiday season relatively unscathed (so-to-speak) and there are no other pressing issues going on other than waiting on getting the new Generac generator installed at my house (as a date of Feb. 5th has been set) and this has been a priority for now over buying the Baldwin SF-10 grand.

Will only be going forward with digital pianos only as I intend to eventually trade in the Clavinova CLP-585 for a new AvantGrand N2X should that upgraded model eventually become available.

Otherwise, everything else is a moot point! grin ha

Tyrone Slothrop #2802320 01/15/19 03:53 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
SiFi: Well, don't think I didn't give it the ole college try. smile I came, tried all the doors and the place was locked up tight as a button on account of the heavy snowfall. So I went a few doors down to the La Trattoria where I had a wonderful pasta dinner, the chef made off-menu specialties just for me as the only customer, and I chatted up a voluble waitress on topics ranging from bitcoins to politics to Asians in America to piano recitals to opera. So not an evening lost. When is the the make-up day for your performance?

OMG, I'm so sorry! I should have posted something about the cancellation here like I did on Facebook. Thank you Tyrone for being so wonderfully sanguine about the whole thing.

Obviously this was a huge disappointment for all of us, especially since we had a really good dress rehearsal on Saturday. The annoying thing is that FMMC doesn't postpone, they just cancel because their calendar is pretty much set in stone for the entire season. I'm brainstorming possible alternative venues--have a potentially promising one in mind. After 8 months of work, it would be awful not to be able to perform this incredible piece live in recital. I'll keep you in the loop this time. You're obviously a good bloke! So glad there was a voluble waitress on hand to assuage what must have been your considerable frustration. smile smile

SRF
ycdp88 #2802956 01/17/19 04:09 AM
A
A
Originally Posted by ycdp88

+1

Extra note:

OT:

@Mark_C:

Did manage to get through this holiday season relatively unscathed (so-to-speak) and there are no other pressing issues going on other than waiting on getting the new Generac generator installed at my house (as a date of Feb. 5th has been set) and this has been a priority for now over buying the Baldwin SF-10 grand.

Will only be going forward with digital pianos only as I intend to eventually trade in the Clavinova CLP-585 for a new AvantGrand N2X should that upgraded model eventually become available.

Otherwise, everything else is a moot point! grin ha

@Mark_C:

Please note this will be my last post in the forums as "pv88" (i.e., original member) as I am giving my formal apologies to everyone here for now and the reason for having been banned was due to a post in the following thread:

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2529867/Physis_Piano.html

Being banned as "pv88" in no way reflects as to who I am (i.e., Richard) outside of these forums since I am now a retired person that will be turning 60 in May. I intend to move forward with trading in a Clavinova CLP-585 towards a new AvantGrand "N2X" digital piano should Yamaha eventually release the new model.

Have decided that an acoustic piano is not going to work out in my old house due to very wide humidity swings and therefore will be playing on digital pianos, only. Getting a Generac generator installed soon (in February) has been a priority as I have had several power outages.

This will be one of my last posts in the forums -- have a good day! grin

[New member name]

"agn2x" means:

a = Avant
g = Grand
n2x = N2X (model name)

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hailun 218 vs Feurich 218
by Sonepica - 11/30/20 03:03 AM
The Search Continues--thoughts on Round Three?
by jmiley97302 - 11/29/20 11:15 PM
Why no enough like for Casio GP?
by Harpuia - 11/29/20 11:12 PM
My Yamaha P-515 Review / Impressions
by Chummy - 11/29/20 09:48 PM
New member! My apologies!
by ul7 - 11/29/20 07:24 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,154
Posts3,028,749
Members99,423
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission