2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
49 members (cgeronimo, Chouca, AlphaBravoCharlie, AZNpiano, Animisha, Bett, clothearednincompo, CosminX, 10 invisible), 474 guests, and 399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 69 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 68 69
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel?
GidgetKeys #2794292 12/22/18 06:03 PM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by GidgetKeys
Originally Posted by Sarah65
... now I'm going to enjoy a bit and upload songs I like and learn to play them.

Have you looked at the library. There is so much there.

Have you participated in any of the challenges?

I did quite a bit in the Christmas one and in the hymn one.

Think I'll go back to the method section and see if I can make some progress towards completing level 3.

Library is to hard or to easy, I'm in the middle wink So i search on musescore a song I like and upload it in Marvel, much more fun.
I did the christmas challenge Rank 18 50 Club Vera A. 82 songs
Succes in level 3, its harder then level 4 .

Piano Marvel level 4B and everything I like smile
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Sarah65 #2794500 12/23/18 11:36 AM
Wow, I spoke too soon about having it all ready. I had a beautiful setup but lost the room (ugly story). I have a little corner of the man cave that everything could just barely fit into but I knew it would be hard. None of the studs were where I needed them to be and it turned out that the corner is a Bermuda Triangle for WIFI. Worse, the only way to pull a network cable is to spend pull all the trim and curse for an entire day, though that last part may just be an Irish thing. I'm not a fan of powerline adapters but I ended up using one here and I eventually got a rock solid internet connection. I still have a rat's nest of cabling showing through the back of the piano but that can wait. I am going to practice and enjoy myself for a while...

(Not sure this image is going to display but here goes nothing.)
[img]https://qs4w1a.bn.files.1drv.com/y4...jXJ9KphUcTvw/20181223_101806a.jpg?psid=1[/img]

Sarah65 #2794506 12/23/18 11:47 AM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
I recognize the problem, I have to sacrifice a bed here in the spare room to be able to install my piano. My piano has a back wall so the cables are not visible. Your picture is almost identical. My pc speakers are black thoug :p Enjoy!

TomInCinci #2794507 12/23/18 11:54 AM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TomInCinci
Wow, I spoke too soon about having it all ready. I had a beautiful setup but lost the room (ugly story). I have a little corner of the man cave that everything could just barely fit into but I knew it would be hard. None of the studs were where I needed them to be and it turned out that the corner is a Bermuda Triangle for WIFI. Worse, the only way to pull a network cable is to spend pull all the trim and curse for an entire day, though that last part may just be an Irish thing. I'm not a fan of powerline adapters but I ended up using one here and I eventually got a rock solid internet connection. I still have a rat's nest of cabling showing through the back of the piano but that can wait. I am going to practice and enjoy myself for a while...

[img]https://qs4w1a.bn.files.1drv.com/y4...jXJ9KphUcTvw/20181223_101806a.jpg?psid=1[/img]

Wow. That is red. Yep. red. wink I guess you are a rougeophile, eh? smile

(BTW, the reason the link didn't display is because it didn't end in a normal graphic file extension (jpg, gif, etc) but ended with "psid=1". If you had deleted the "?psid=1" from the end of the URL, it would have worked smile )

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Sarah65 #2794512 12/23/18 12:04 PM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
A practical question, I would like to practice with headphones. The problem is that the music of Marvel comes from the speakers of the PC and the digital piano has its own speakers. So I have to choose, and I can't because I have to hear both of them. Someone a solution? Maybe software program or so?

Sarah65 #2794514 12/23/18 12:07 PM
O
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
O
A practical question, I would like to practice with headphones. The problem is that the music of Marvel comes from the speakers of the PC and the digital piano has its own speakers. So I have to choose, and I can't because I have to hear both of them. Someone a solution? Maybe software program or so?

If your digital piano has Line In - you can route the speaker output of PC into the Line In of digital piano and then use the headphones with the digital piano. Be careful to make sure that Line In volume is not so high that it can damage the digital piano speakers.

Osho

Last edited by Osho; 12/23/18 12:07 PM.

Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST. Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Pianoteq 6/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
Sarah65 #2794515 12/23/18 12:13 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

I have exactly solved this problem for myself smile

What I do is to use this cute and inexpensive thing:
[Linked Image]
...combined with some cables and adapters. If you want to do the same, tell me the size of the plug on your headphones and the size of the sockets on your piano and your computer, and I can give you some details on the hookup.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Osho #2794518 12/23/18 12:14 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Osho

If your digital piano has Line In - you can route the speaker output of PC into the Line In of digital piano and then use the headphones with the digital piano. Be careful to make sure that Line In volume is not so high that it can damage the digital piano speakers.

Osho

Yes, true. Sadly, my particular DP (FP-30) doesn't have a line-in so I have had to resort to an external mixer.

[Linked Image]

Tyrone Slothrop #2794520 12/23/18 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Wow. That is red. Yep. red. wink I guess you are a rougeophile, eh? smile

(BTW, the reason the link didn't display is because it didn't end in a normal graphic file extension (jpg, gif, etc) but ended with "psid=1". If you had deleted the "?psid=1" from the end of the URL, it would have worked smile )

I prefer 'freak of nature' but I'll accept rougeophile since I like you. smile

Lemme try this again.
[Linked Image]

TomInCinci #2794523 12/23/18 12:24 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Lemme try this again.

Yep worked. And so that others not really interested in Piano Marvel but who would also appreciate and marvel (pun intended) in the rougeophile you, you might crosspost this also this thread smile

[Linked Image]

Sarah65 #2794524 12/23/18 12:25 PM

I use the same mixer as TS. PianoMarvel does have a feature that will let you turn the volume all the way down and hear everything through the PC, into which you plug headphones. I tried it but I disliked the generated MIDI piano sound so much that I bought the mixer.

If your piano has a line in I would definitely try that idea.

Tyrone Slothrop #2794526 12/23/18 12:31 PM
Lemme try this again.

Yep worked. And so that others not really interested in Piano Marvel but who would also appreciate and marvel (pun intended) in the rougeophile you, you might crosspost this also this thread smile

Yeah, no, that thread just makes me want things I don't need. My discarded computer hardware and low end piano would only depress those folks. But make no mistake, I am content with what I have. It ain't the hardware holding me back.

Sarah65 #2794603 12/23/18 04:41 PM

I haven't gotten so far myself. Currently rank 51 in 40 club (Lana L.) But it's nice they extended it until.the 31st which I discovered today. Not that it matters but it gives me something to work on.

[Linked Image]

Alfred's Adult All-in-One, Book 1/2
Piano Marvel 4D

TomInCinci #2794665 12/23/18 07:29 PM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline

I use the same mixer as TS. PianoMarvel does have a feature that will let you turn the volume all the way down and hear everything through the PC, into which you plug headphones. I tried it but I disliked the generated MIDI piano sound so much that I bought the mixer.

If your piano has a line in I would definitely try that idea.

Same here, that virtual piano thing in Marvel is terrible.

Sarah65 #2794746 12/24/18 03:08 AM
H
H
For a less technical set up I used over the ear headphones hooked to my piano and in ear ones connected to the PC. It is not the comfiest but is 100% silent. I currently do not have a pianomarvel subscription as practising what my teacher recommends plus “life” don’t leave with enough free time but this is what I did when I had one.

GidgetKeys #2794754 12/24/18 04:47 AM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by GidgetKeys

I haven't gotten so far myself. Currently rank 51 in 40 club (Lana L.) But it's nice they extended it until.the 31st which I discovered today. Not that it matters but it gives me something to work on.

I noticed that after the Christmas challenge my sight reading was very much improved. You learn to use other notes than just F and G key. Definitely do further, have fun.

Tyrone Slothrop #2794756 12/24/18 05:03 AM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline

Osho

Yes, true. Sadly, my particular DP (FP-30) doesn't have a line-in so I have had to resort to an external mixer.

I found aux in-out on the back of my piano...next to the midi. Can I use that? Connect it to my computer?

Sarah65 #2794769 12/24/18 07:48 AM

Osho

I found aux in-out on the back of my piano...next to the midi. Can I use that? Connect it to my computer?

I think the process would be to turn the sound level on the PC all the way down, connect the PC headphone jack to aux-in, then start playing PM on the PC while carefully raising the sound level on the PC until you can hear PM and the piano equally well. If it works you might not need a mixer.

Last edited by TomInCinci; 12/24/18 07:49 AM.
Sarah65 #2794780 12/24/18 08:51 AM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
A Christmas present for all of my piano Marvel friends on the forum. I asked the Marvel team last if it was not possible to share an entire folder instead of 1 song. And it can now. With this I share my Favorites folder, from Level 1 to 7 with all those who want it. Everything chopped and minced. Please send your email address (the one you use to log in in Marvel) in private message. They are songs that I like, not too fast and not too difficult. Hope you like them, enjoy and Merry Christmas blush

Sarah65 #2794792 12/24/18 09:33 AM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
A Christmas present for all of my piano Marvel friends on the forum. I asked the Marvel team last if it was not possible to share an entire folder instead of 1 song. And it can now. With this I share my Favorites folder, from Level 1 to 7 with all those who want it. Everything chopped and minced. Please send your email address (the one you use to log in in Marvel) in private message. They are songs that I like, not too fast and not too difficult. Hope you like them, enjoy and Merry Christmas blush

Do share Sarah65 smile ! You have my email already. Merry Christmas!

[Linked Image]

Page 16 of 69 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 68 69

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Musician's Hand Sanitizer available in our online store (and our Maple Street Music shop in Cornish Maine). Antibacterial, 62% ethyl alcohol. Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Tons more music related products in our online store!
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tool Backpack
by TimM_980 - 05/28/20 12:47 AM
Looking for a piano
by ThePenist - 05/28/20 12:25 AM
Emotional Response - Don't Have One?
by IntermedPianist - 05/27/20 07:30 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics199,223
Posts2,962,992
Members97,209
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission