2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Advanced Piano Tricks
Advanced Piano Tricks
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
78 members (blueviewlaguna., anamnesis, andrea83, Albertan, Bill McKaig,RPT, An Old Square, 36251, brdwyguy, chaplincap, 16 invisible), 1,382 guests, and 462 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
D7K Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So just about a year ago some pet deaths and some other personal issues kind of derailed my plans to provide cinema type music for videos I do. I had added a set of studio speakers & large Sub, the Garritan Instant Orchestra (GIO), and Samplitude Music Studio and about six books to help me understand composing. With music creation/playing being my third hobby top drawer stuff was out of the question. But in the last week I've dusted off the Px-5S and found that SMS & GIO and the controls of the Px-5S real make for a great hobbyist set of tools

SMS has been very easy to setup and for use with the other two tools and because I have a fairly fast computer with lots of ram, SSD, and powerful GPU (sometimes I work with the video playing now) It is very similar to having your own studio. I have a small 4 mic/8 stereo mixer to add other input devices.

For me the total investment was less than $1500 (bought the PX-5s as a factory refurb) and now with a little motivation and elbow grease I have my production studio.

I think we are lucky to live in a time where one can bring such power to a home studio for a very reasonable price.

I guess the point here is, there are ups and downs in life but having gear that meets your needs and just keeping it during the down times for me has been a good plan that has certainly had it benefits. I hope your down times are over and you are back to "doing it" - just remember there is almost always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Jeff
Casio PX-5S Pro - my new adventure
Yamaha p105 - gone but not forgotten
M
M
Yes. Formerly you had to sit at your piano, play and then write your music on paper, or sit at the table, compose your music on your head and then write it on paper. And you had to know a few things, or have talent. Nowadays all of us can compose music with the help of electronics.
As for “doing it”, and ups and downs, my uncle used to say something that I find more and more true as time goes by: “doing things is easy; the difficult part is wanting to do them”

P-515

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Factory silent options
by Gombessa - 01/26/22 11:23 AM
History of Yamaha U1 price
by VeritasNL - 01/26/22 10:25 AM
Where to find a concert grand to play
by Keyburn - 01/26/22 08:42 AM
17th Adilia Alieva International Music Competition
by Alex-Peter - 01/26/22 06:21 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics211,362
Posts3,164,093
Members104,170
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission