Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
137 registered members (Avalanch, Amedeus, ACSlater, Abdol, Animisha, 43 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782393
11/18/18 11:24 PM
11/18/18 11:24 PM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber

Queensland Australia
21. Handyman - The Way We Were A great old standard, clearly played with affection. Nice arrangement, too.

22. Balezin Dmitry - Primavera Much - most? - of Einaudi’s music looks simple at first glance. But as you’ve discovered, ’notes on the page’ are just the beginning, especially with this composer. You’ve done amazingly well for the short time you’ve been learning, with good dynamics and an obvious feel for one of my favourite pieces. A revisit in coming years would be rewarding.

23. akc42 (Alan Chandler) - Invention No 13 I think you achieved the expressiveness you were looking for (which would be difficult in a ‘Church organ’ voice). I liked this a lot.

24. snejana - Bagatelle There are some really nice pieces by Diabelli. I was unfamiliar with this one - thank you for bringing it here. A very enjoyable listen.

25. barbaram - French Movie Waltz Lovely touch, lovely piece. Well done! thumb

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LIV

My C3 - solace.
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782397
11/19/18 12:01 AM
11/19/18 12:01 AM
Florida
R
Riddler Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Riddler  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R

Florida
32. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in F Minor "Allegro" op.2 #1
Doris, that was beautiful. A+ in every way! Best of luck on your exam, you deserve it!

35. Qwerty53 - Invierno
Qwerty53, welcome to the recitals. That was a superb selection and your playing was excellent. It's hard to believe you have only been taking lessons for 18 months. Kudos to you and your teacher! Hope you continue to participate.

36. Ganddalf - Cadiz from Suite Espanola
Ganddalf, excellent playing, with a strong Spanish feel. It sounds very difficult with all those rapid embellishments. It all seemed very familiar, I'm pretty sure I've heard it played on the guitar. Thanks for sharing this wonderful music.

37. jotur/Cathy Turner - Veterans Day Medley
Cathy, perfect for Veterans Day! I’m familiar with the practice of playing a medley and asking the service members to stand at the appropriate time - they do that here at local concerts. Great medley!

39. Richard (zrtf90) - Lento con gran espressione
Richard, that was very moving. One of the most beautiful pieces in the piano literature, played masterfully. Well done!

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782421
11/19/18 02:41 AM
11/19/18 02:41 AM
mr_super-hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member
mr_super-hunky  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

# 5 Peterws: This was great Peter. Very nicely played with your own flair as well. Loved all the chord changes throughout. It's great to read peoples posts, but I like to 'hear' them as well. It gives you a different dimension about them; and I like what I hear! Nice job.

# 6 wouter79 ; Nicely played with a steady and even tempo. Glad you had fun with this. Recording quality is as good as it gets as always.

# 10 Peyton: I enjoyed this Peyton. I could listen to this along with some Tiersen and Einaudi as it blends right in. I like the journey which this piece took me on with the winds whipping up and calming down throughout. The ending was dramatic and subtle for me which somehow made it more powerful. Good job with this and sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

# 13 Sam S : This was fantastic Sam! I love the sound of the Harpsichord and often play tunes in that 'mode' on my digital. Your recording quality was exceptional along with a solid performance. Nice work!

# 15 Monika K.: This is a beautiful piece that grows from delicate to expressively powerful and gently back down to delicate once again. I loved your performance of this piece as you did a great job with the transition of this. Of course, the Mason sounds fantastic along with the recording. I'm very glad and impressed to hear of your sons success as a new pilot, the sky's the limit for his bright future. I wish him all the best.

# 17 Riddler Ed : Wow this was great. Even better that this was your own rendition. Absolutely beautiful and dramatic chord progressions which I love. One of my favorites!

# 21 Handyman : Yup, we're on the same page on this one Handyman. I love Barbara Streisand s voice as it is so smooth and expressive. Your playing had to be as well in order to properly represent her performance and it was. Actually, I'm quite impressed as it seems you've stepped up your performance level lately, specifically your expressiveness. Nicely done.

# 37 joturCathy Turner : While I'm listening, I can't help but think how much energy and life you are pumping into the people at the senior center. They must love seeing you arrive as a good times and memories are about to take place! You played these tunes very well without skipping a beat. Nice job.

# 39 Richard zrtf90 ; I'm always impressed with your performances as they are all top notch. This performance was no exception. The trills were outstanding btw and I think you could break glass with the clarity of that last note. Nicely done.

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782443
11/19/18 05:50 AM
11/19/18 05:50 AM
Germany
Pianist685 Offline
Pianist685  Offline

Germany
26 Kalos Piano - Minuet in B…lues Congratulations on this outstanding composition! Everything is so much up to the point, the minuet style in 3/4 time, the form (8 bar period, A-A-B-A-B-A, where B seems to be a variation on A), the melody, the interesting harmonies and the short ending. What can I say? It is simply marvellous! Una composizione molto ben riuscita, molto bella in più, e moderna senza cercare di essere avanguardista. Mi è piaciuta moltissimo.

54 Pathbreaker – Schumann 99/1 I had to google this piece and found it belongs to a collection of album leaves published after “Album for the Youth”. Your playing is very professional and the sound is exceptional, of course, since you are using Garritan CFX. I only would prefer some more elasticity in the dynamics, but that is maybe not possible due to the velocity curve you have to apply with your keyboard or DP.

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: SMA55] #2782447
11/19/18 06:01 AM
11/19/18 06:01 AM
Germany
Pianist685 Offline
Pianist685  Offline

Germany
Originally Posted by SMA55
Originally Posted by PianogrlNW

18. PianogrlNW - Nocturne in C# Minor
[...] My only criticism concerns the 4 bar introduction. It’s just 2 bars repeated, right? Well, that’s the way you played it anyway—pretty much like a simple repeat. But I think it’s far more interesting if the repeated 2 bars is varied somehow. For example, you might consider making the repeat softer than, and/or of a different tone color (via the una corda pedal) from, the first 2 bars. [...]

I completely agree that the repeat should be softer and have a different sound from the 2 opening bars.I did use the una corda pedal on the repeat but obviously it did not make a difference.[...]
I have experienced the same issue with my own Sauter upright. When I use the una corda pedal I can hardly hear any difference. I already thought it was defective but my piano tuner told me my instrument is just built that way and I have to accept it or get a different instrument. My solution: I am recording from the silent system connected to my notebook with a VST and there the una corda pedal is working perfectly.

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782450
11/19/18 06:09 AM
11/19/18 06:09 AM
Netherlands
H
hyena Offline
hyena  Offline
H

Netherlands
51 Dario Sánchez Martínez – Mozart Fantasia I did not know this fantastic piece yet and love your rendition. Precise timing and dynamics and the few runs are perfect. The ending is very interesting, indeed, and rather un-Mozart, more like Beethoven I would say. All in all IMHO I have the impression this piece would sound even better on an acoustic instrument or a sampled virtual piano, although Roland digitals are usually great.

51. Dario Sanchez Martinez - Fantasia K397 That was really good. I’m not a big fan of Mozart; I tend to lean towards the romantic era, so I’m not very familiar with this piece. However, by about a minute or two in, I found myself curious enough to first look up the level (on Piano Syllabus), then the sheet music and I began to follow along. Really a cool piece, and well played. Thanks for introducing it to me. I know, it’s famous, I should have known it already, but I just haven’t really paid that much attention to Mozart yet.

Thanks a lot for that feedback! And yup. This piece is a very late Mozart piece, he didn't live long enough to finish it unfortunately. It's a piece that seems to touch the romantic era a lot, it's very Beethoven like. As for the end, I'm still practicing that. It wasn't really the proper end.

And yes, I've played the piece on a concert grand a few times. It sounds incredible on a real one!

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782495
11/19/18 09:58 AM
11/19/18 09:58 AM
Calgary, Canada
Ralph L. Offline
Ralph L.  Offline

Calgary, Canada
27. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Fluttering Leaves (Op. 46, No. 11) very nice piece. Also watched your "Fur Elise". Personnaly preferred your fluttering leaves much better. It's funny originally I submitted "Fur Elise" too, then saw that you already submitted it, so I withdrew and submitted a different one:)

28. JoBert - Moments Musicaux No. 2 (Opus 94, D 780) well done, the dynamics were very clear to me. I don't need to compliment much since youtube AI already confirmed that you did a great job:)

32. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in F Minor "Allegro" op.2 #1 wow, with one take and you can play this well. You definitely belong to the "beginner and WAY beyond" group:)

33. Keselo - The Sick Doll & The Doll's Funeral liked the 2nd piece better.

35. Qwerty53 - Invierno Congrats to your first submission! It's a success. I enjoyed listening to it.

37. jotur/Cathy Turner - Veterans Day Medley Medley of 7 marches, played by ear. That's lot of effort. Well done!

38. Piano_primo_1 - Prelude Op 28 No. 4 in E minor Congrats on tackling another difficult piece!

39. Richard (zrtf90) - Lento con gran espressione really enjoyed listening to this version !

42. Mr Super-Hunky - Dance of Pales from the Symphony of the Night/Castelvania soundtrack this is fantastic!! One minor thing, when it hits high volume notes, there were some sound distortions. Not sure if it's recording volume too high, but most likely I need a better headphone:)

44. Schinl - Excerpt from Romanze (Piano Concerto No. 1 in E minor) Thank you for introducing this beautiful piece! Enjoyed listening to your performance.

45. PianoVet - Bach Invention #14 in B-flat major pretty fluent and acuurate for this fast piece, with only 11 months experience. Great job!

46. PikaPianist - Sonatina Op.36, No.3 1st mvmt really liked the tone!

47. Claudemir Medeiros - Pela luz dos olhos teus well done.

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782503
11/19/18 10:28 AM
11/19/18 10:28 AM
Georgia, USA
Sam S Offline

3000 Post Club Member
Sam S  Offline

3000 Post Club Member

Georgia, USA
Another excellent recital - here are some brief comments:

02. SMA55/Shepherd - Impromptu in G Flat Major Op 90 No 3 I love this piece - excellent interpretation. The melody was so clear, the flurry of accompanying notes appropriately subdued.

06. wouter79 - Courante, part 3 of Suite HWV 441 Nicely done, and in very stylistically correct - great ornaments too.

07. Mosotti - Prelude in C Smooth and clear - well done!

08. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Petite Valse Op. 1 No. 6 An intriguing piece - love the accents on the second beat - and the big pause was very effective.

09. Jerzyk19 - Waltz in A minor B.150 Opus Posth Very clear and delicate touch - wonderful!

10. Peyton - Fairwell to Summer and to a Friend I love the way that you brought out the melody, sometimes in the thumbs, sometime up top - excellent composition!

11. sandalholme - Moment Musical No6 Well done - love the subtle touches here and there.

12. Jason Lenthe - Prelude in F# Major, Op. 28 No. 13 excellent interpretation, love the slight rubato here and there.

14. dumka1 - "October" ("The Autumn Song") Deliciously sad... So very Russian.

15. Monica K. - The Aviators You are captivated by this piece, but I am now captivated by your playing of this piece.

16. fishandchips - Prelude in C Major BWV 846 Smooth and delicate!

18. PianogrlNW - Nocturne in C# Minor Love those trills!

19. lithotriptor - Invention No. 15 in B minor, BWV 786 Excellent - you look so serious when you play!

23. akc42 (Alan Chandler) - Invention No 13 Well done!

24. snejana - Bagatelle Excellent job. Diabelli is often overlooked as a composer, but he did have some gems. Not really baroque, though - he was from the Classical period, a contemporary of Beethoven. He composed the theme that Beethoven used for the Diabelli Variations...

27. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Fluttering Leaves (Op. 46, No. 11) Well done! I could not play with that laptop screen highlighting every note in red!

28. JoBert - Moments Musicaux No. 2 (Opus 94, D 780) Very sensitive playing - loved the pauses...

b]30. Sideshow - Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2[/b] One of my favorite Chopin nocturnes. Nice ornaments and trills!

31. Moo smile - Venetian Gondola Song I'm impressed you could bring it back quickly - it takes me much longer to revive an old piece - well done!

32. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in F Minor "Allegro" op.2 #1 I love this sonata! A real stress test for you, but you did great - loved it!

33. Keselo - The Sick Doll & The Doll's Funeral Nice pairing. I think the slow tempo works well. I can imagine some kids arranging a Doll's funeral in childish seriousness...

34. Tyrone Slothrop - The Sick Doll, Op. 39 No. 7 Nicely played - an interesting comparison with Keselo's. Both well done!

36. Ganddalf - Cadiz from Suite Espanola Love the rhythm and bounce - well done!

37. jotur/Cathy Turner - Veterans Day Medley Loved it - I had to fight the urge to come to attention when the Caissons were rolling by - my wife and I are both Army vets. Loved the seamless transitions too!

38. Piano_primo_1 - Prelude Op 28 No. 4 in E minor Well done - video was very moody!

39. Richard (zrtf90) - Lento con gran espressione Excellent - loved the trills!

40. thepianoplayer416 - Waltz #2 You're making great progress!

41. Cathryn99 - Moszkowski - Study in F, Op 91 No 4 Well done! Welcome back!

42. Mr Super-Hunky - Dance of Pales from the Symphony of the Night/Castelvania soundtrack (to do)

43. sinophilia - Agitato Nice touch - that wasn't so bad!

44. Schinl - Excerpt from Romanze (Piano Concerto No. 1 in E minor) A good start on a tough piece - maybe you can come back to it later!

45. PianoVet - Bach Invention #14 in B-flat major Crisp and energetic - loved it!

46. PikaPianist - Sonatina Op.36, No.3 1st mvmt New piano and a new piece - sounds gorgeous!

48. MeganR - Prelude 1913 I have never heard this before - great work!

49. Serge88 - Waltz opus 69 no. 1 "L'Adieu" We'll make a Chopin fan out of you! Excellent job!

50. AssociateX (Liz) - Chopin Nocturne- E Minor - Op.72 # 1 Loved it - the old Steinway sounds good.

51. Dario Sanchez Martinez - Fantasia K397 I always think of this as an overture for an opera that Mozart never wrote. Loved it!

52. lvojnovic - K545, Sonata in C major, 2. movement Mozart is tough, but you're done a great job with it!

54. Pathbreaker - Op. 99 no 1 I have not heard this one before - excellent!

Sam

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782539
11/19/18 12:15 PM
11/19/18 12:15 PM
Dorset, UK
S
sandalholme Online content
500 Post Club Member
sandalholme  Online Content
500 Post Club Member
S

Dorset, UK
Thank you all, hyena, schini, MonicaK, MeganR, piano primo 1, peterws, MarieJ, SMA55, Kalos Piano, SamS for your comments. A few responses. Re dynamics, I was until recently an acoustic player, so I set the dynamics in Pianoteq to 60dB to get as close as possible to the range of an acoustic. (And playing pp is easier on a digital) Re the 'gap': this was a few minutes of silence in the midi file whilst I dealt with a 'phone call. Cut it out in Audacity when rendering the midi into wav format. No idea how Pianoteq stayed open.

Re rhythm: many thanks for the feedback SMA55! I'm not good with timing. I dug out what I thought was the original midi and thought "a slight but not major freedom with the time", but then I checked with what I knew was the original. Well, my timing has clearly got worse. (I suspect in the early stages of learning it the timing was OK. Hope so anyway) The first midi file I checked was an earlier attempt. The one I submitted does take too much licence with Schubert. Just shows that as you (well, me anyway) get used to a piece and the emotion is felt more deeply there is a danger of taking liberties with the score. So, a good lesson. Back to the score!

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Pianist685] #2782550
11/19/18 12:51 PM
11/19/18 12:51 PM
W
Whizbang Online content
2000 Post Club Member
Whizbang  Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
W

Originally Posted by Pianist685
I have experienced the same issue with my own Sauter upright. When I use the una corda pedal I can hardly hear any difference. I already thought it was defective but my piano tuner told me my instrument is just built that way and I have to accept it or get a different instrument

Upright soft pedal action works by moving the hammers closer to the strings. If this has any effect, it is only that it maybe makes the sound less loud.

Grand una corda action shifts the hammers sideways so that fewer strings are hit. This changes both volume and sound quality.

Whizbang [Linked Image]
amateur ragtime pianist
https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeschala
Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782598
11/19/18 03:45 PM
11/19/18 03:45 PM
Georgia, USA
Sam S Offline

3000 Post Club Member
Sam S  Offline

3000 Post Club Member

Georgia, USA
Thanks everyone for your comments on the Purcell on my harpsichord. To answer some of your questions:
- I used a Zoom H4N on a photo tripod - nothing special
- The reverse colored keys are not that difficult to adjust to.
- Changing the sound of each keyboard involves pulling or pushing the lower keyboard, moving a lever, or stepping on pedals. On this harpsichord, it is not something that you do while playing, which would be contrary to the style for the period anyway. You decide what you want before you start playing, and leave it set for that piece. The changes are subtle, and some of them just change the color of the sound.
- No dynamics with your fingers. It plucks at one volume, depending on the strings you have selected. Which is why we are all now playing pianofortes instead of harpsichords.

Sam

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782642
11/19/18 06:17 PM
11/19/18 06:17 PM
Florida
cmb13 Offline
Silver Level
cmb13  Offline
Silver Level
2000 Post Club Member

Florida
05. Peterws - Circular Trip Nice, fun piece to listen to.

06. wouter79 - Courante, part 3 of Suite HWV 441 Very well played, clear and defined. I’ll look forward to hearing that etude when you’re ready.

08. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Petite Valse Op. 1 No. 6 Beautiful melody and excellent recording, certainly worthy of the IMSLP!

11. sandalholme - Moment Musical No6 Very nice, soft, pensive piece.

15. Monica K. - The Aviators Well played, as always.

17. Riddler (Ed) - Elegy Ed, that was really a nice melody, beautiful, slightly haunting. And played by ear, too! Wonderful job!

20. ralph L. - Hallelujah Good job, Ralph.

21. Handyman - The Way We Were Nice! Thanks for the accompanying write up and history of the piece. Streisand was quite good, and Redford was a fantastic actor. I’ve seen many of their movies but not this one. Maybe I’ll check it out.

22. Balezin Dmitry - Primavera Nice playing.

23. akc42 (Alan Chandler) - Invention No 13 Alan, nice playing. Bach is tough. I’ve barely tackled any. It’s so unforgiving. The romantic pieces are easier on me…a little pause and I just call it Rubato! You did it justice.

24. snejana - Bagatelle Hey – sounded nice. I think you should give the Prelude in C another try. I think you’re ready for it!

25. barbaram - French Movie Waltz That one was really nice; liked a lot. The title is very appropriate, seemed waltzy, seemed French. Very dreamy.

29. Piano2138 - Feelin' Good Was good, felt groovy, liked that you choose key of B.

30. Sideshow - Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 Beautiful piece, and well played. Best of luck on the exam!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

Working On
Debussy Clair De Lune

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782648
11/19/18 06:48 PM
11/19/18 06:48 PM
Salish Sea
Qwerty53 Online content
Qwerty53  Online Content

Salish Sea
Starting with the last batch of submissions!

40. thepianoplayer416 - Waltz #2 Good job with this beautiful piece!

41. Cathryn99 - Moszkowski - Study in F, Op 91 No 4 Beautiful choice, beautifully played by a composer new to me.

42. Mr Super-Hunky - Dance of Pales from the Symphony of the Night/Castelvania soundtrack Terrific fun! Very “visual” music; what’s it from? Game or movie or ? Played with verve: makes me smile!

43. sinophilia - Agitato Another composer new to me (Rowley). Glad that you decided to share.

44. Schinl - Excerpt from Romanze (Piano Concerto No. 1 in E minor) Even if it is a work-in-progress, isn’t it a treat to be able to play this beautiful music that you love? You played it with great tenderness.

45. PianoVet - Bach Invention #14 in B-flat major Wow, you have been playing less than a year?! You delivered this piece with great authority and a real feel for the special Bach “clockwork” I love. Well done.

46. PikaPianist - Sonatina Op.36, No.3 1st mvmt Lovely sound, beautifully played; I hope your new piano continues to give you this kind of joy.

47. Claudemir Medeiros - Pela luz dos olhos teus Another composer (de Moraes) unfamiliar to me. This piece takes me on a gentle ambling horseback ride! Thanks for sharing it.

48. MeganR - Prelude 1913 Beautiful “antique” sound to this recording. I especially loved the ending: so delicately played!

49. Serge88 - Waltz opus 69 no. 1 "L'Adieu" Oh, this makes me want to put on a long blue dress and dance under the starlight! Thank you for sharing this music!

50. AssociateX (Liz) - Chopin Nocturne- E Minor - Op.72 # 1 Very soulful playing! Beautiful choice of work: got better and better as it went along.

51. Dario Sanchez Martinez - Fantasia K397 Loved your stately tempo at the beginning, and the mystery mood. Just when I was wondering whether the piece could do with a bit more F in the fortes, here come your fortes!

52. lvojnovic - K545, Sonata in C major, 2. movement I really like the sprightly pace and feel. Nicely played! (I think I heard this as an encore last year by Jeremy Denk; it was a bit slower. Such a gorgeous piece! Adding to my “aspiration” list!)

53. zsolpyW - Por Una Cabeza Elegant sound, rolling over me; you gave a real sense of the drama and also wittiness in this piece. You have a great feel for the rhythmic variations that are so interesting in this music.

54. Pathbreaker - Op. 99 no 1 There is a sense of wistfulness in this lovely piece. It’s a new one to me. Very well played!

More to come!

I've been enjoying everyone's contributions for some time and glad I have finally taking the step of participating!

”Mister Upright,” Yamaha YUS5.
Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: schinl] #2782653
11/19/18 06:56 PM
11/19/18 06:56 PM
Salish Sea
Qwerty53 Online content
Qwerty53  Online Content

Salish Sea
Yay, my first comment on my first recital submission! Thank you, Schinl, for your kind words!

Invierno is part of Piazzolla's Four Seasons Suite (Los Cuatros Estaciones Porteno, 4 Seasons of Buenos Aires, Tonos Publishing). I ordered it from a European website called Musicalion.com -- it's the only place I found that had it in stock. It was pricey, with shipping, but came pretty quickly (a week or so as I recall).

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: cmb13] #2782654
11/19/18 06:59 PM
11/19/18 06:59 PM
Salish Sea
Qwerty53 Online content
Qwerty53  Online Content

Salish Sea
Thanks CMB13! I started recording this every day or two, just to listen to myself, and it made a big difference. I uploaded soon after the recital opened (I was no. 25 or so!), but it seems I was making progress day by day, so I uploaded a new one on Sunday before the recital closed. It's still improving! I love playing it.

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782655
11/19/18 07:06 PM
11/19/18 07:06 PM
Salish Sea
Qwerty53 Online content
Qwerty53  Online Content

Salish Sea
Thank you to Jason Lenthe, MonicaK, Balezin Dimitry, for your kind words! It was a bit scary to enter the recital; I have been meaning to upload something for the past year, but I wasn't brave enough until this time. I love this Piazzolla piece and it continues to get better. I appreciate everyone who has listened, and everyone who has contributed their music!

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782659
11/19/18 07:13 PM
11/19/18 07:13 PM
Salish Sea
Qwerty53 Online content
Qwerty53  Online Content

Salish Sea
Thank you for your generous comments, Riddler and RalphL! I feel that I have been making much more progress since I began with a new teacher last spring. She plays a lot of Spanish and Latin American music that I love, and I was thrilled when she suggested that I learn this piece by PIazzolla (I have been a fan of Piazzolla since, I think, the 2d or 3d CD I ever bought, way back in the early 90s when CDs were the latest technology!). I worked intently for 3 months to get it where it is, and with all that it somehow magically memorized itself. That made it easier to focus on expression, dynamics, LH/RH balance, and the tricky bits where I have to bring out the melody with my puny RH pinky finger and #4!

So much to learn.... (happy sigh). Onward!

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782666
11/19/18 07:55 PM
11/19/18 07:55 PM
Near Yosemite, California
MeganR Online content

Silver Subscriber
MeganR  Online Content

Silver Subscriber

Near Yosemite, California
15. Monica K. - The Aviators When this piece started, I thought I recognized it, kind of, but after reading your explanation, oh yes, that's it! What a lovely piece, beautifully played.

16. fishandchips - Prelude in C Major BWV 846 You did a great job with the dynamics in this, well played!

17. Riddler (Ed) - Elegy Such an intriguing piece, it make me want to know the story. So impressed that you sorted it out by ear.

18. PianogrlNW - Nocturne in C# Minor Sigh, those trills and runs, just exquisite.

19. lithotriptor - Invention No. 15 in B minor, BWV 786 Well done, very clean, trills were super. (Plus I do love Bach!)

20. ralph L. - Hallelujah Beautiful playing, beautiful piece. Cool that you added the backing track!

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782686
11/19/18 09:27 PM
11/19/18 09:27 PM
Pittsburgh,PA
piano_primo_1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
piano_primo_1  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Pittsburgh,PA
Next 10

31. Moo smile - Venetian Gondola Song Really like the sound of this piece as well as the melody and feeling it evokes, like a European folk style song… like maybe Sicilian? Good authentic piano sound . I’ll have to keep this piece for reference.

32. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in F Minor "Allegro" op.2 #1 Impressive dynamics and touch. WOW, well played Enjoyed the listen !

33. Keselo - The Sick Doll & The Doll's Funeral Well played, you certainly captured the lingering sadness of anticipated loss with the piano and this piece. Quite sophisticated playing and recording was excellent Enjoyed the listen !

34. Tyrone Slothrop - The Sick Doll, Op. 39 No. 7 Just in sequence (subsequent) as comparison both are fine playing , a slower tempo does seem more a linger of anticipated loss , though both convey the dismal event. Impressive playing and recording Enjoyed the listen. NOte I have this and think I may learn it … seems so much more poignant musical statement after hearing it played. [Which I didn’t until now]

35. Qwerty53 - Invierno Excellent palying ,,, quite a piano loung feel to ths piece you conveyed well. Enjoyed the listen !

36. Ganddalf - Cadiz from Suite Espanola Quite a challenging piece – and I didn’t hear the shortcomings but the good use of the piano which sounded clear and exact! Enjoyed the listen !

37. jotur/Cathy Turner - Veterans Day Medley Great sound to this piano …I need to get one! Enjoyed the listening , old patriot tunes get me going !
38. Piano_primo_1 - Prelude Op 28 No. 4 in E minor ME- I’ll keep on this >….

39. Richard (zrtf90) - Lento con gran espressione this is so moving and melodic. You played it well and exact. Can’t say enough …. Enjoyed the listening.

40. thepianoplayer416 - Waltz #2 Quite a waltz! Seems maybe a waltz for a more somber/serious event other than a wedding, like …a …[military thing ? don’t know]
-Anyway enjoyed the unplugged sound\d of the recording.

Cheers!!!

Re: Recital 52 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2782691
11/19/18 09:43 PM
11/19/18 09:43 PM
J
John305 Offline
John305  Offline
J

46. PikaPianist - Sonatina Op.36, No.3 1st mvmt Very timely for me since I’m currently working on this piece. Your playing was excellent but what I’m most impressed with is how you changed things up on the repeats. We know that this was common practice back then but how many people, especially amateurs, do that today? I must admit that when I heard the first repeat I was thinking “what the heck?”, then it dawned on me that you were embellishing the repeats. Job very well done.

It’s never too late to be what you might have been. -George Eliot
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  BB Player 

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways
New Topics - Multiple Forums
YDP-161 New Life
by chipsneeze. 07/23/19 11:04 AM
Recital #55 dedicated to Monica K.
by Sam S. 07/23/19 08:06 AM
Help needed!
by Sagittarius85. 07/23/19 07:07 AM
How to practice effectively
by lbuizza. 07/23/19 06:20 AM
Nostalgia
by Sibylle. 07/23/19 05:10 AM
What's Hot!!
PIANO TEACHERS Please read this!
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics193,140
Posts2,850,992
Members93,957
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission