Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
106 registered members (apianostudent, 5penguins, astrotoy, Aimer, anotherscott, ando, 26 invisible), 3,159 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: SMA55] #2780293
11/12/18 04:54 AM
11/12/18 04:54 AM
Costa del Sol
SwissMS Offline

2000 Post Club Member
SwissMS  Offline

2000 Post Club Member

Costa del Sol
Originally Posted by SMA55
Originally Posted by SwissMS
I'm in! I submitted a recording of a live performance from a mock exam that I did with another teacher in preparation of my exam in two weeks. So, a one take recording with an examiner scribbling away in the background!

Wow, way to go! So, are you happy with your one take recording?

I could do better if I did multiple takes and picked the best, certainly. However, I was pleased with this recording overall, and in the spirit of a recital, it is realistic of how I would play.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: jotur] #2780296
11/12/18 05:31 AM
11/12/18 05:31 AM
Pittsburgh,PA
piano_primo_1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
piano_primo_1  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Pittsburgh,PA
Finally submitted Chopin Prelude 28 No. 4 in E minor.. much more difficult than it appears.... but I'm somewhat satisfied with the submitted even though it could be better.

Cheers!!!

Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2780300
11/12/18 06:21 AM
11/12/18 06:21 AM
The Netherlands
K
Keselo Offline
Keselo  Offline
K

The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Quite unplanned, but I submitted something for this recital. A long and hilarious story leading up to this, which will have to remain untold. wink

Great! Looking forward to your rendition of The Sick Doll.

I've started playing January 2017, Nothing is too easy is where I keep track of my progress.

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2780422
11/12/18 02:54 PM
11/12/18 02:54 PM
S
schinl Offline
schinl  Offline
S

Spent all weekend recording.. but there's always something wrong, either one passage or more gets completely screwed up, or the dog starts barking, or the Amazon deliveryman rings the doorbell, or my mind wanders and I lose my place.. I hate to submit a subpar recording and will try again tonight. But if again I am unsuccessful, I'm afraid my submission will feature accompaniments by my dog or the Amazon deliveryman.

Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2780430
11/12/18 03:10 PM
11/12/18 03:10 PM
Toronto, Canada
T
thepianoplayer416 Offline
500 Post Club Member
thepianoplayer416  Offline
500 Post Club Member
T

Toronto, Canada
Due to my hectic schedule, played a condensed version of a piece I worked on for a while. Worked on it on my keyboard for a few weeks and did a recording off an acoustic upright at a community center.

Good luck to everybody...

Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: piano_primo_1] #2780500
11/12/18 10:11 PM
11/12/18 10:11 PM
Pittsburgh,PA
piano_primo_1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
piano_primo_1  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Pittsburgh,PA
Originally Posted by piano_primo_1
Finally submitted Chopin Prelude 28 No. 4 in E minor.. much more difficult than it appears.... but I'm somewhat satisfied with the submitted even though it could be better.

Curious to know if anyone who has played this found it difficult? It seemed hard to me to make it flow well, and the pedal had to used very appropriately.
My score didn't have any pedal markings .. but I found this a difficult piece.

Cheers!!!

Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: piano_primo_1] #2780516
11/12/18 11:02 PM
11/12/18 11:02 PM
Salish Sea
Qwerty53 Offline

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
Qwerty53  Offline

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020

Salish Sea

Curious to know if anyone who has played this found it difficult? It seemed hard to me to make it flow well, and the pedal had to used very appropriately.

Oh yes, very difficult! I just tried playing through it last night, after spending some time with it a year ago (nothing if not ambitious... but it is just so beautiful!). The notes themselves mostly seem reachable, but getting the "heartbeat" right, the subtle dynamics, the flow as you say.... these are challenges for a lifetime of practice! Well, my lifetime anyway, whatever remains of it!

Looking forward to hearing yours!

”Mister Upright,” Yamaha YUS5.
Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: piano_primo_1] #2780518
11/12/18 11:05 PM
11/12/18 11:05 PM
G
GoldmanT Offline
GoldmanT  Offline
G

It's like trying to sing My Way - the notes aren't that hard, but getting the feels right is tough.

Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2780529
11/13/18 01:13 AM
11/13/18 01:13 AM
mr_super-hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member
mr_super-hunky  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Mines in. Good thing too since now I can finally trim my fingernails. I hate having long nails but I've also noticed that when my nails are about 1/8 '' shorter than the tip of my finger, well this is perfect. Any longer and my nails tap the keys (especially pinky) which I hate. I also don't like when the nails are cut too short and you end up pressing the keys with just finger tip meat...(no supporting nail). Don't like that either.

But what I DO like is the fact that my car is working, my submission is in, and my fingernails aren't bugging the crap out of me anymore. Now off to some other projects needing attention: (cleaning gutters, draining pump tanks, stabilizing 2 strokes for winter).

Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2780531
11/13/18 01:22 AM
11/13/18 01:22 AM
J
John305 Offline
John305  Offline
J

I hear you about those nails, you’ve got to watch out, they’ll conspire against you.

It’s never too late to be what you might have been. -George Eliot
Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: GoldmanT] #2780545
11/13/18 02:29 AM
11/13/18 02:29 AM
Pittsburgh,PA
piano_primo_1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
piano_primo_1  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Pittsburgh,PA

Originally Posted by Qwerty53

Oh yes, very difficult! I just tried playing through it last night, after spending some time with it a year ago (nothing if not ambitious... but it is just so beautiful!). The notes themselves mostly seem reachable, but getting the "heartbeat" right, the subtle dynamics, the flow as you say.... these are challenges for a lifetime of practice! Well, my lifetime anyway, whatever remains of it!

Looking forward to hearing yours!

Originally Posted by GoldmanT

It's like trying to sing My Way - the notes aren't that hard, but getting the feels right is tough.

Really true , I was thinking that it sounds too "simple- empty" fast, and too unconnected as a melody when too slow. Ahhhh.... I I got it!!! I need a new piano !!! -- just kidding ... or practice and a teach!

Cheers!!!

Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2780552
11/13/18 03:08 AM
11/13/18 03:08 AM
Italy
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
sinophilia  Offline

1000 Post Club Member

Italy
The tuner came, the piano sounds great... but I only got a shaky recording of a contemporary RCM etude that to be honest, doesn't sound too good itself! At least it's so dissonant and loud that I can still record even with the jackhammers from the building site just out of my window in the background. Will try again today, last chance!

Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW (U1)
To create a beautiful sound, one must imagine it at first and then learn to produce fluid physical motions that breathe life into music. (Shirley Kirsten)
http://youtube.com/sinophilia
Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: sinophilia] #2780567
11/13/18 06:17 AM
11/13/18 06:17 AM
Pittsburgh,PA
piano_primo_1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
piano_primo_1  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Pittsburgh,PA
Originally Posted by sinophilia
The tuner came, the piano sounds great... but I only got a shaky recording of a contemporary RCM etude that to be honest, doesn't sound too good itself! At least it's so dissonant and loud that I can still record even with the jackhammers from the building site just out of my window in the background. Will try again today, last chance!

Just yell out the window to "be quiet ...I'm practicing here" ha

Years ago the same thing happened to me , I was playing /practicing "Morning Prayer" by Tchaikovsky, with piano and strings as a second layer ...and then I ported it thru my Marantz receiver, and turned it up super loud.
I swear they paused and listened for a while, [like 15 minutes of practice .].
But, too bad I can't do that with a newer computer , ....well I can but it doesn't sound as good as it used to. Fortunately I don't have to. but I do get cargo trains passing So I just wait....until I can hear what I'm doing.

Cheers!!!

Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2780623
11/13/18 12:32 PM
11/13/18 12:32 PM
Lexington, Kentucky
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Monica K.  Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Lexington, Kentucky
Quite unplanned, but I submitted something for this recital. A long and hilarious story leading up to this, which will have to remain untold. wink

Wait, what???? What are internet forums for if not long and hilarious stories???? laugh

Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: piano_primo_1] #2780631
11/13/18 01:05 PM
11/13/18 01:05 PM
Italy
sinophilia Offline

sinophilia  Offline

1000 Post Club Member

Italy

Just yell out the window to "be quiet ...I'm practicing here" ha

lol, I don't think they'd notice...

Anyway, I submitted a recording, I'm so sick of this obsessive piece! Being neck-deep in work didn't help.

Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW (U1)
To create a beautiful sound, one must imagine it at first and then learn to produce fluid physical motions that breathe life into music. (Shirley Kirsten)
http://youtube.com/sinophilia
Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Monica K.] #2780644
11/13/18 01:39 PM
11/13/18 01:39 PM
Tyrone Slothrop Online content
Tyrone Slothrop  Online Content

6000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by Monica K.

Wait, what???? What are internet forums for if not long and hilarious stories???? laugh

Ha ha. OK. I'll tell (I'm too easy). Will give the Reader's Digest version then. <checks to make sure wife is not looking over shoulder>

So I worked on Morning Prayer with my teacher as my submission for last month's Slavic Recital. But I had picked this piece because it was for my wife and the composer was her fellow countryman, Tchaikovsky. So all went well. Recorded. Submitted to the recital. I sent her a Soundcloud link (since she is based out of our flat in Amsterdam, while I am in WashDC and we only see each other a few times a year). Well, she liked it... but... but... but... she was disappointed because I had submitted this for the recital. She said, "Well, it's not really for me then. It's for your recital." (!?!?!?!?!) The long-and-short, I consequently promised her another piece of that composer's, which would not be for a recital at all, but I would learn it and play it just for her! Picked piece. Worked with teacher. Recorded. And... sent to her. Again she liked it. I reminded her that this one was totally for her. Not going to submit it - to anything. So what does she say? "Well, now that you've already given it to me, it would be ok if you submitted it for a recital." What? What? LOL. (I omitted most of the 'thought' emoticons from this brief description.) I suppose this is a bit like "regifting?" Anyways, submitted. LOL.

across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2780646
11/13/18 01:51 PM
11/13/18 01:51 PM
Florida
cmb13 Online confused

Silver Level
cmb13  Online Confused

Silver Level
2000 Post Club Member

Florida
Wow....I wish my wife lived overseas! (That’s all I got from the story ;))

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Debussy Clair De Lune
Bach Inventions
Grieg Sonata - Andante molto

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2780651
11/13/18 02:05 PM
11/13/18 02:05 PM
Georgia, USA
Sam S Offline

3000 Post Club Member
Sam S  Offline

3000 Post Club Member

Georgia, USA

Ha ha. OK. I'll tell (I'm too easy). Will give the Reader's Digest version then. <checks to make sure wife is not looking over shoulder>

Well, she liked it... but... but... but... she was disappointed

So you are married to She Who Must Be Obeyed (aka SWMBO)? I thought I was whistle

Sam

Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2780694
11/13/18 04:51 PM
11/13/18 04:51 PM
Pittsburgh,PA
piano_primo_1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
piano_primo_1  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Pittsburgh,PA

So I worked on Morning Prayer with my teacher as my submission for last month's Slavic Recital. But I had picked this piece because it was for my wife and the composer was her fellow countryman, Tchaikovsky. So all went well. Recorded. Submitted to the recital. I sent her a Soundcloud link (since she is based out of our flat in Amsterdam, while I am in WashDC and we only see each other a few times a year). Well, she liked it... but... but... but... she was disappointed because I had submitted this for the recital. She said, "Well, it's not really for me then. It's for your recital." (!?!?!?!?!) The long-and-short, ...

I get her point, I'd draw her a portrait and buy roses too, with sending the recording again on cd...and maybe a pearl necklace .... but don't tell her that you got the idea from here!!!! ...because then you'll fight again. . but the flip side is- there is distance. A good thing sometimes. ha

Cheers!!!

Re: Recital 52 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2780695
11/13/18 04:52 PM
11/13/18 04:52 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Northern England.
43 entrants to date. Nice number . . . . any bets for the final? I'll go 48; there'll be a last minute rush for some . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  BB Player 

Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
In ear headphones
by KevinM. 09/15/19 04:16 PM
Using an Institutional Piano at Home?
by navindra. 09/15/19 04:12 PM
Yohan Kim
by pianoloverus. 09/15/19 03:54 PM
TuneLab iOS testers needed
by Robert Scott. 09/15/19 02:48 PM
piano strings?
by VladK. 09/15/19 12:13 PM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics194,049
Posts2,869,708
Members94,421
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission