2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (Animisha, brennbaer, Cominut, crab89, aphexdisklavier, fullerphoto, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 4 invisible), 1,182 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
John305 Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
J
Just a PSA, if you’re in the market for a piano floor lamp, this Cocoweb lamp is 30% off at the moment. I’ve had it in my wish list for a while now and just noticed that it is 30% off so I ordered one. I hope this can be of use to someone here.

It’s never too late to be what you might have been. -George Eliot
M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
I have been looking for a lamp but this one seems to have the same issue as others I've looked at. I don't believe it would be possible for the light to be centered over the music holder unless the base were positioned in front of the keybed. I'm leaning toward buying one of the clip on kind that attach to the holder. The only way I can think of to get a light directly over the music with a floor stand would be to use one of those boom microphone holders and attach a light to it.

Yamaha P90, Kawai GL-10
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
House of Troy makes a series of floor standing balance arm lamps for piano. I recommend their PFLED series. They do reach to the middle of the desk.

There are a variety of clip-on options. My favorite piano lamp is the contemporary balance arm LED from House of Troy - G350-BLK. It's designed to sit on the desk like traditional balance arm designs, but I really like the aesthetic. It works very well and has advantages over the clip-on designs. They make them in small batches, so it's difficult to keep them in stock.

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I use this Koncept Floor Lamp as my piano lamp. Yes, it needs to be positioned in front of the the key block at either end of the keyboard in order to shine light on the center of the music desk and the keyboard. However it swivels and bends in so many ways that adjusting it "just right" is easy for me. The LED arm and the base rod rotate 360 degrees. It's totally dimmable, and the LED arm has a diffuser covering the LEDs so the light spreads well over the illuminated area.

August Förster 215
D
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by AaronSF
I use this Koncept Floor Lamp as my piano lamp. Yes, it needs to be positioned in front of the the key block at either end of the keyboard in order to shine light on the center of the music desk and the keyboard. However it swivels and bends in so many ways that adjusting it "just right" is easy for me. The LED arm and the base rod rotate 360 degrees. It's totally dimmable, and the LED arm has a diffuser covering the LEDs so the light spreads well over the illuminated area.

Same here.

S
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by MarkL
I have been looking for a lamp but this one seems to have the same issue as others I've looked at. I don't believe it would be possible for the light to be centered over the music holder unless the base were positioned in front of the keybed. I'm leaning toward buying one of the clip on kind that attach to the holder. The only way I can think of to get a light directly over the music with a floor stand would be to use one of those boom microphone holders and attach a light to it.

Both my teacher and I have the Cocoweb floor lamps. Yes, the light covers the entire music rack with the base positioned in back of my shoulder. Highly recommended

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
I have a House of Troy floor lamp and prefer it be more even with the keys, with the shade almost 45 degrees and turned to illuminate both the music desk and the keyboard. This prevents casting a deep shadow on the keys. The Cocoweb might work in the same position.

David

We use a replica Castiglioni Arco floor lamp. It fits right over the piano and the lamp shade hovers above your head.

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission