2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, 13 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 46 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 45 46
M
M
Originally Posted by Nordomus
Originally Posted by Markuska
Slightly OT but did anyone else (from germany) notice that the HP605 is not that availiable anymore since some time? Cant find it on Thomann-site for example. I was thinking of getting that one, since, as much as a LX705 would be cool, I dont think I can negotiate anyone below €2000 for that one^^.

Well LX-705 is for 2060 euro in this shop smile https://nebout-hamm.com/boutique/piano-roland-lx705/

Damn, I think someday I will just walk blindly in a store to buy SOMETHING. It seems that the possible options never stop^^

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Slightly OT but did anyone else (from germany) notice that the HP605 is not that availiable anymore since some time? Cant find it on Thomann-site for example. I was thinking of getting that one, since, as much as a LX705 would be cool, I dont think I can negotiate anyone below €2000 for that one^^.

Well LX-705 is for 2060 euro in this shop smile https://nebout-hamm.com/boutique/piano-roland-lx705/

Damn, I think someday I will just walk blindly in a store to buy SOMETHING. It seems that the possible options never stop^^

Wut? smile

Roland LX708
M
M

Wut? smile

I am currently searching for a DP and the options are kinda overwhelming me. Thought that I could rule the new Rolands out, since I set a limit at €2000, but now I have to also consider the 705 smile

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Yeah, sorry wink

Roland LX708
R
R
Has anybody had a chance to play it and see how the action compares to the previous pha50, and to kawai grand feel 2, casio gp series, yamaha clp series etc?

C
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Rohit04062
Has anybody had a chance to play it and see how the action compares to the previous pha50, and to kawai grand feel 2, casio gp series, yamaha clp series etc?

News from Bonners here in the UK is that there will be limited supplies of some models available later this month, eg 706 Charcoal Grey and Dark Rosewood. Some of the models aren't expected until March. Guess these are the polished versions.

Yamaha U1A, Roland LX706

South Wales, UK
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N

Well my local shop MAY have LX-708 near the end of this month so I'm gonna test it IF it will actually happen, so expect comparison from me but not sooner than the end of November.
Even if they won't have it I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy it blindly :]

Last edited by Nordomus; 11/09/18 10:43 AM.

Roland LX708
C
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
C

Well my local shop MAY have LX-708 near the end of this month so I'm gonna test it IF it will actually happen, so expect comparison from me but not sooner than the end of November.
Even if they won't have it I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy it blindly :]

The thing I like best about my LX7 is how responsive it is. I assume the new LX range will be just as responsive and maybe have an even better key action - and it seems to have a better sound, though I am not wholly convinced by it. From listening to the Dexibell H7 online that seems a much better sound to me and as my local store will soon have them in I am hoping to see how responsive these are.

Yamaha U1A, Roland LX706

South Wales, UK
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Eagerly waiting for some proper comparisons.

Last edited by Nordomus; 11/10/18 07:17 AM.

Roland LX708
H
H
i think the sound is lovely, great bass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtst4N2mBU8

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Wut? smile

I am currently searching for a DP and the options are kinda overwhelming me. Thought that I could rule the new Rolands out, since I set a limit at €2000, but now I have to also consider the 705 smile

You can still rule it out. It's 2060 Euros . . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by hbejinha
i think the sound is lovely, great bass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtst4N2mBU8

Yeah bass is amazing, even better in videos from Gear4Music: https://youtu.be/A8Myw2cUwTo
Just to be clear the rest of the register seems very good as well but bass seems as powerful as in real concert grand. Especially Petrof I've played recently.

Roland LX708
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E

Yeah bass is amazing, even better in videos from Gear4Music: https://youtu.be/A8Myw2cUwTo

The entire video is in mono. Mono is the great piano leveller, especially when listening through decent headphones; every piano sounds the same in mono.

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by EssBrace

The entire video is in mono. Mono is the great piano leveller, especially when listening through decent headphones; every piano sounds the same in mono.

Why? It doesn't make much sense what you wrote. OK true recording mono levels sound between 2 chanells but it won't level overall dynamics which you can hear in those recordings. Also recording mono doesn't change sound color itself so why would every piano sound the same? I need some detailed explanations, maybe I don't understand something.

Roland LX708
M
M
Originally Posted by peterws

Wut? smile

You can still rule it out. It's 2060 Euros . . . .

Yeah but in cases like this (CA58 is also 2099 here) I am actually quite positive in bargaining. I think most vendors wont break the deal for €60. Unless the €2060 is really the Minimum, but hey - they can still say no smile

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E

Why? It doesn't make much sense what you wrote. OK true recording mono levels sound between 2 chanells but it won't level overall dynamics which you can hear in those recordings. Also recording mono doesn't change sound color itself so why would every piano sound the same? I need some detailed explanations, maybe I don't understand something.

There's no depth, no space, no dimensionality in mono. Part of the nature of a piano is that sound emanates from a large area (the soundboard) and is reflected off nearby surfaces such as walls. Stereo recordings give some impression of this spread of sound, both width (left and right) and depth, because sound reaches the original microphones at different times due to the large area it is emanating from. We're talking tiny fractions of a second but it creates the sense of depth and richness; all gone in mono.

M
M
Maan, cant they release it alread? The 705 is the last thing I want to try before deciding for a new DP😅

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Maan, cant they release it alread? The 705 is the last thing I want to try before deciding for a new DP😅

I feel you. Though my local shop confirmed it will be avaible on site in 2 weeks tops so just few more days smile

Roland LX708
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sounds nice through my headphones (HD-570s):

Nord Grand, Kawai MP11 (v1), iMac 2017, Yamaha HS8's, Sennheiser 650, Focusrite 2i4, Pianoteq 6.4.0, Steinway Model A, Mason and Hamlin Model AA, Piano Marvel: 3C
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G

There's no depth, no space, no dimensionality in mono. Part of the nature of a piano is that sound emanates from a large area (the soundboard) and is reflected off nearby surfaces such as walls. Stereo recordings give some impression of this spread of sound, both width (left and right) and depth, because sound reaches the original microphones at different times due to the large area it is emanating from. We're talking tiny fractions of a second but it creates the sense of depth and richness; all gone in mono.

While I agree having binaural or true stereo recording is huge for realism, I've always felt that a lot of DPs, particularly entry level models, employ a false stereo separation, that artificially pushes bass notes to the left channel and trebel to the right. In these cases mono doesn't really detract.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
Page 19 of 46 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,259
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission