2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 11 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
I have the following strange sound on the F#5 key

Is it normal or should I tell Yamaha about it?

Thank you.

Jaime CLP-645
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Hola - as I can tell from the clip, it seems only that key does that slight click sound and not the others. In my opinion, no that is not normal - the resounding thump is normal the click certainly not.

Since is new and you are the original owner (I assume) it would not heard to contact Yamaha Support.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Exactly. If you buy a new item with a warranty, you should expect defects to be fixed under that warranty.
Contact your selling dealer to find a local repair facility that can handle a Yamaha warranty repair.

G
G
Yeah this sounds like something your dealer or the warranty technicians have to take care of. They'll probably have to open the piano to access the action. I had a similar issue with a Kawai DP about 12 or so years ago even though the sound was a lot more subtle. Turned out, it was a very small piece of wood that was not properly cut off on the side of one of the keys, and it would rub against the neighbouring key every time I pushed it down. The technician took the key out of the instrument and removed that small part, and then the clicking stopped. Your issue sounds like something else (it's louder than the sound I had) but the solution will probably be the same: getting a technician and having him open the piano to access the action and remove the source of the sound.

Edit: it SUCKS that this is something that is basically a pretty high risk when buying a DP. There's so many parts and there's so many small things that you cannot possibly see or hear when testing the piano in the store (and even if you could, the dealer might just sell you a new, sealed piano that they'll assemble for you, and you won't have the chance to test that in the first place). Then you buy it, spend time with it, and notice something. And most of the time, these issues require a technician to come to your home and open up the entire thing. Unfortunately, with mass production, these things are gonna happen even though they might have decent quality control, and that sucks.

Last edited by Grazilerimba; 09/30/18 01:21 PM.
OP Offline
Yes, it sucks.
Last Friday I sent an email to the local retailer in Madrid and they haven't answered yet.
Tomorrow I'm having an audit at work and have a lot of work to do for the next three days but I'll try and visit them Tuesday afternoon as I will be in Madrid on a business trip.
If they refuse to give me a solution, the next thing to do is contact Yamaha Spain.
We'll see.
Thank you.

Jaime CLP-645
P
P
I suspect that Yamaha has not many technicians in Europe going to customer homes for servicing. Probably in the USA and Japan is different. About 10 years ago I got a problem with an old Clavinova, unfortunately it was out of warranty, and italian official distributor told me they could not make any servicing at home. Maybe in some servicing centre. Maybe. I was just looking for a new piano when the problem occurred, so that old piano was a nice gift for a child that wanted beginning to play. Maybe it's different now, but I do not know.

Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Does it click when you hold the two white keys down either side of it and then play it?

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Zaphod
Does it click when you hold the two white keys down either side of it and then play it?

Yes, it does.

I wanted to know if this usually happens but nobody notices it.

Thank you.

Jaime CLP-645

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission