2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (benkeys, 1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 11 invisible), 1,824 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
I have not downloaded any of the Dexibell Platinum piano sounds yet but I see them in the download section . I lost my password and I'm waiting for a reply from dexibell to be able to get back on the download section . My question is ,has any one downloaded the platinum sounds to their pianos and how do you think they sound as they are and compared to the Vivo Grand ,thanks Mike.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by pianomike
I lost my password and I'm waiting for a reply from dexibell to be able to get back on the download section

I am not a Dexibel user but since I have registered on their site, I've received an email yesterday informing me they are changing their backend or whatever and the email contained a newly generated password. So, your password is probably not lost, they changed it and mailed it to you. Look in your emails.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
P
OP Offline
P
I know , I put in the password they sent me on my e-mail and it does not work ,in doing so I had to erase my old saved password which I cannot remember , now I cannot get onto their website .

P
OP Offline
P
Dexibell sent me a message to try the password again and it worked ,I think I had written a letter in lower case when it should have been higher ,now all I have to do is wait till I get home and put the serial number down and try to find my receipt with the purchase date on it so I can get onto the website .

M
M
Yes I have for the p7. They sound really good. I will try and upload a video later when I get back from Austria next week.

https://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/musicman

https://soundcloud.com/musicmantees

kawai es920 Kawai ES110 ( re bought) Yamaha PSR-S770 (arriving on Monday)Yamaha MODX7
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for the reply musicman , my nephew is supposed to stop over next week and upload or down load them onto my S3 looking forward to trying them out and looking forward to your video .

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
You don't need to log in to download anything now.

Click 'download'. Then you will need the software update before downloading platinum piano sounds. So click 'software/manuals' to get the new version (4.05). Then click 'sound library' and open up 'piano' sounds. The three platinum pianos are there ready for you. No log in needed.

The USA platinum is a bigger version of the Vivo Grand by the way. It is improved over Vivo Grand in a number of respects.

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks EssBrace , I have the 405 saved to my documents section already so it should make it easy to download ,looking forward to trying them out .

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
How much more space do these Platinum sounds take up? And did any of you have to remove some already-installed instruments in order take make room for them? If so, which voices did you remove?

I have a P3 and, IIRC it's storage capacity is already pretty full. Can anyone walk me thru how to clear space, if necessary, in order to accommodate the platinum sounds?

Thanks!

Bert
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
I have two of the platinum sounds (each has five variations I think). I have USA platinum and German platinum. Between them these two exceed 1.5GB. I also have all the electric pianos and two pad sounds. All the rest I 'deleted'. But remember on the Dexibell, what you delete is not really deleted; they are stored an another internal 'cache' for want of a better word and you can 'restore' them whenever you want to.

Go into menu and scroll to 'sound library'. Then you can go down the list of the internal sounds and remove whatever you like. It's all pretty simple when you've done it a couple of times. You won't remove anything permanently, unless they are other sounds you've imported from a USB stick (such as sound fonts, or the platinum sounds for instance). All the original factory sounds can be restored directly from the piano's front panel if you want to get them back.

It won't let you load anything into it if you haven't got the space. It can tell you how much space you'll free up by each change you make.

M
M
Everything EssBrace has mentioned above is correct about "downloads" as one no longer has to be logged into the account to access new software version updates and/or other sounds. You only need to log into the account if you are wanting to "register" your piano with Dexibell.

Being a new Dexibell P7 owner, myself -- you are going to enjoy the great sounds and response of these instruments!

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by EssBrace
I have two of the platinum sounds (each has five variations I think). I have USA platinum and German platinum. Between them these two exceed 1.5GB. I also have all the electric pianos and two pad sounds. All the rest I 'deleted'. But remember on the Dexibell, what you delete is not really deleted; they are stored an another internal 'cache' for want of a better word and you can 'restore' them whenever you want to.

Go into menu and scroll to 'sound library'. Then you can go down the list of the internal sounds and remove whatever you like. It's all pretty simple when you've done it a couple of times. You won't remove anything permanently, unless they are other sounds you've imported from a USB stick (such as sound fonts, or the platinum sounds for instance). All the original factory sounds can be restored directly from the piano's front panel if you want to get them back.

It won't let you load anything into it if you haven't got the space. It can tell you how much space you'll free up by each change you make.

Thank you for the explanation of how to load the platinum sounds. But, I feel that it's really a shame that one needs to give up so many of the built-in sounds in order to free up enough space for these platinum pianos. I had to give up approximately 35 sounds - most of which I never really use, true - just to load the USA Platinum . And it's true that they aren't "lost" forever. But it's a royal pain to "move" sounds in and out of memory IMO. Why not free up ALL the internal memory to allow for instant access to all sounds instead of allocating some of it for temporary storage? I'd love to load the German Platinum as well, but am loathe to remove so many more built-in sounds to do so.

And it would also be great if one could remove only selected "variations". For example, I don't really care for the "memory" variations of any of the Platinum sounds, but they can't be removed without removing the entire Platinum sound.

And - related to load/removing sounds - I have a number of sounds under "User" that really should be in another category (such as "Piano", E- Piano", etc). Can anyone explain how to move them so things are a bit more organized?

With all this said, I don't mean to come across as a Dexibell-basher. I love my P3! I just wish it had more accessible memory!

Bert
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by newbert
And - related to load/removing sounds - I have a number of sounds under "User" that really should be in another category (such as "Piano", E- Piano", etc). Can anyone explain how to move them so things are a bit more organized?

With all this said, I don't mean to come across as a Dexibell-basher. I love my P3! I just wish it had more accessible memory!

You can indeed choose which category to store sounds under. My platinum pianos are stored under 'Piano', not 'user'. When storing sounds you can toggle between the category headings you want them stored under. When you 'reload' original sounds you can choose the destination for those too.

Yes, ultimately perhaps they'll open up the entire storage for current sounds so there is no internal division, who knows. But practically, for me at least, there is no penalty for the way they are doing it. But I only really use acoustic grand sounds. Occasionally I use electric pianos (which I used to use far more often but I just seem to have shifted a bit to almost exclusively use acoustic grand sounds). So losing day-to-day access to all the other sounds (organs, strings, clavs etc) means nothing to me.

M
M
Originally Posted by EssBrace
Originally Posted by newbert

You can indeed choose which category to store sounds under. My platinum pianos are stored under 'Piano', not 'user'. When storing sounds you can toggle between the category headings you want them stored under. When you 'reload' original sounds you can choose the destination for those too.

Yes, ultimately perhaps they'll open up the entire storage for current sounds so there is no internal division, who knows. But practically, for me at least, there is no penalty for the way they are doing it. But I only really use acoustic grand sounds. Occasionally I use electric pianos (which I used to use far more often but I just seem to have shifted a bit to almost exclusively use acoustic grand sounds). So losing day-to-day access to all the other sounds (organs, strings, clavs etc) means nothing to me.

I am in agreement with this as I too exclusively make use of acoustic grand piano sounds although one can delete the Platinum grands if you wish and reload the original sounds. The choice is yours to make -- although the "grands" are nice!

M
M
Here is a video well worth watching with piano playing par excellence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwnprS4ocM8

Check out that great Latin tune at the end!
(Playing starts at the 18:50 mark.)

M
M
Tested with H3 and Japan PLT, really impressive. The others do sound good but may not as suitable with the modern music i play.
In my opinion, PLT sounds are overwhelmingly better than stock Vivo grand in term of dynamic smile
Pity that I can only install 1 platinum sound due to limited memory frown
My demo with JP PLT, recorded by smart phone, mix with orchestra: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wm9hfOg31Z9jWjQcLVQBWUq836u2wcld/view

P
OP Offline
P
I was able to get my Nephew to download the Japanese Platinum piano sounds onto my S3 , they do sound pretty nice especially through headphones and I did a recording of Misty using the first Japanese Platinum piano if interested You need to go to Mike Lupinetti on you tube , Sorry I don't know how to download on to the web site . I played the first verse and chorus as written , then second verse I played my style of jazz and the third time I played it with a little bebop and I kind of got lost on my reading in the third chorus so I just held the pedal down and played on through . I really wanted to get the American platinum piano sound loaded by I just did not wan't to give up all the other sounds . There was one thing that I noticed with the 4.05 update and that is the muddy sound in the middle A section of my piano on the Vivo Grand is completely cleared up , I still need to try it on my little roland amp to find out for sure but on the EV's its clear .

P
OP Offline
P
Just thought I'd let everyone know my thoughts on the Japanese Platinum piano sounds . For me they sound really nice there full sounding very clear and articulate , easy to play songs with and when you layer they are very real sounding but when you drop off the strings witch I layer with you don't really lose any of the sound because the piano sound is so rich. Two Thumbs Up to Dexibell !

P
OP Offline
P
I played the dexibell live platinum Japanese piano on tiny dancer and the dexibell bright Japanese piano on when sunny gets blue , my favorite is the first Japanese platinum grand that I used on Misty . I played all of these stock without tweaking the sound at all . To here the latest ones go to mike lupinetti on you tube .

C
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by pianomike
To here the latest ones go to mike lupinetti on you tube .

I.e. here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZX4SJ7gSROEGWwxgGV7KjA/videos

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission