2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (brdwyguy, accordeur, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, 6 invisible), 1,896 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 78 of 302 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 301 302
R
R
Agree! Life is not perfect, nor are digital or acoustic pianos. Enjoy your play, probably you are not a Horowitz too. Neither am I. The Novus is an absolute joy to play, for the action, and for the piano sound. So for the poll: yes I would definitely buy one again. Ralph.

Last edited by RalphK; 07/14/18 02:57 PM.
V
V
I love the positive energy of the discussion. Despite the fact that I have many issue with NV10 and a bit disappointed in Kawai QC, Kawai is still my fav brand of piano and NV10 is my proudest purchase. Thinking throughoutly, this is the very 1st gen of Kawai hybrid so issues like those maybe forgiving as long as they provide good service and attention. Got a call today from dealer, he forward my message to Kawai distributor in Rancho Dominguez, CA where is very near my house. Expecting call from any of them on Monday. Hopefully, this won't take 6 weeks like someone's case in this thread.

Kawai Novus NV10
www.youtube.com/vangakuz
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by vancedo
Got a call today from dealer, he forward my message to Kawai distributor in Rancho Dominguez, CA where is very near my house. Expecting call from any of them on Monday. Hopefully, this won't take 6 weeks like someone's case in this thread.

vancedo, I don't know where Trebb lives. But I don't expect you will have that problem here. However, I do not understand why your piano was not delivered assembled either by the dealer, or by the distribution center. Piano movers are not normally technicians or piano regulators, just big guys.

Kawai NV10
G
G
Hi folks, I would need your help today please. Can it be that there is no reverb implemented in the new CA and Novus? My reverb in the CA does not work in the pianist mode. So I tested the Novus today in our shop and it also has new reverb.

In Pianist mode I can adjust whatever Room size or room depth I like. W/o pressing the sustain pedal there is NO Reverb. With pedal pressed also the differences are hard to tell.

Can this be? Could you please test this on your instruments.

Thx

Galuwen

V
V
Originally Posted by TomLC
Got a call today from dealer, he forward my message to Kawai distributor in Rancho Dominguez, CA where is very near my house. Expecting call from any of them on Monday. Hopefully, this won't take 6 weeks like someone's case in this thread.

vancedo, I don't know where Trebb lives. But I don't expect you will have that problem here. However, I do not understand why your piano was not delivered assembled either by the dealer, or by the distribution center. Piano movers are not normally technicians or piano regulators, just big guys.

I dont know what you meant. Basically, the dealer hires the movers. The movers brought it and assembled it in my house. I dont recall saying anything like self-assemble.

Kawai Novus NV10
www.youtube.com/vangakuz
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
[/I dont know what you meant. Basically, the dealer hires the movers. The movers brought it and assembled it in my house. I dont recall saying anything like self-assemble.[/quote]

I am sorry if I was unclear. I only meant that being in So Cal, I don't see why they did it in your house and not before it was delivered. They told me that mine was assembled, first one by the dealer and second one by the distributor, and tested before it was delivered. I even told them it would be easier to assemble it in my study. But they insisted they wanted to make sure it was right and test it out. Anyway, that's not an issue now, as I expect they will send a qualified Kawai tech out to your place to check it out.

BTW- "Unravel" is beautiful. You have some real talent. smile

Last edited by TomLC; 07/14/18 06:02 PM.

Kawai NV10
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Galuwen

In Pianist mode I can adjust whatever Room size or room depth I like. W/o pressing the sustain pedal there is NO Reverb. With pedal pressed also the differences are hard to tell.

Can this be? Could you please test this on your instruments.

In my small study and with headphones, I find the reverb in Pianist mode to be overwhelming. My teacher (on Skype) told me once "All I can hear is reverb!" In Sound mode, I turn it off. In Pianist mode I leave the ambiance slider on "Natural" and move it all the way to the left in order to reduce it as much as possible.

So yes, on my NV10 there is definitely reverb.

Kawai NV10
V
V

I am sorry if I was unclear. I only meant that being in So Cal, I don't see why they did it in your house and not before it was delivered. They told me that mine was assembled, first one by the dealer and second one by the distributor, and tested before it was delivered. I even told them it would be easier to assemble it in my study. But they insisted they wanted to make sure it was right and test it out. Anyway, that's not an issue now, as I expect they will send a qualified Kawai tech out to your place to check it out.

Hmm, that is new to me. Yeah, my dealer should have done it.

Million thanks. I never thought that anyone watch my channel. This song is special and it was this NV10 who pushes me that far.

Last edited by vancedo; 07/14/18 07:25 PM.

Kawai Novus NV10
www.youtube.com/vangakuz
P
pwl Offline
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
P

Million thanks. I never thought that anyone watch my channel. This song is special and it was this NV10 who pushes me that far.

+1. Quite beautiful - and thanks to TomLC for the "referral" and to you, vancedo, for the music.

O
O
I have to agree with others, I wouldn't hesiate buying the NV10 again despite the issues. The action alone is worth it, and it is an instrument that inspires one to play.

That said, I think the hissing/distortion is a fundamental flaw that should be addressed considering this is a ~10k instrument. I think it is perfectly normal and even expected these days that a first version of a product will have issues, and we should be patient to let Kawai solve the issue. However I think it will be disappointing if they don't fix this for existing owners.

G
G
Hey Thanks, you are right. I tried this on our NV10. Trick is it ONLY works in standard mode w/o pedal. In all other modes no reverb at all w/o pedal pressed. If you press the sustain it works better on room simulation. Only stage mode sounds like you beat the piano with a golf club :-).

Galuwen

JoBert Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Galuwen
Hey Thanks, you are right. I tried this on our NV10. Trick is it ONLY works in standard mode w/o pedal. In all other modes no reverb at all w/o pedal pressed. If you press the sustain it works better on room simulation. Only stage mode sounds like you beat the piano with a golf club :-).

I cannot reproduce your problems. Both the ambience in pianist mode and the reverb in sound mode works exactly as expected. I tried various settings, with and without sustain pedal. All worked fine.

Or maybe I misunderstand you?

Kawai Novus NV10
My amateur piano recordings on YouTube
Latest Recording: Always With Me (from Studio Ghibli: Spirited Away)
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Sorry, I also had a really hard time trying to understand what the problem you're experiencing is.

"Reverb" doesn't exist in Pianist mode, and setting Reverb in Sound Mode shouldn't affect Pianist mode. "Ambiance" is what I understand the name is for the same setting in Pianist mode, and that works for me, regardless of sustain pedal use.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
A
arc Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Gombessa
Sorry, I also had a really hard time trying to understand what the problem you're experiencing is.

"Reverb" doesn't exist in Pianist mode, and setting Reverb in Sound Mode shouldn't affect Pianist mode. "Ambiance" is what I understand the name is for the same setting in Pianist mode, and that works for me, regardless of sustain pedal use.

Exactly. In Sound Mode you can control the type, time and depth of reverberation. In Pianist Mode such effect is called "ambiance" and you can select its type (e.g. natural, small room, large room, studio) and control its depth. The effect works with or without pedal. In Sound Mode you can indeed generate a stronger reverberation effect than in Pianist Mode if you use higher values of time/depth, but such extreme settings may also introduce sound artefacts.

P
P
I wonder how many NV10s Kawaii have already made?

A lot of these issues sound like production problems.

Surely, once they have been identified, as they have on here, they 'should' be fixed pretty quickly?

ie I wonder if it's a continuous production process, or if there is a definite '2nd' batch of these that will be 'fixed' of these issues?

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
[
Originally Posted by PianoGuyStuart
I wonder how many NV10s Kawaii have already made?

A lot of these issues sound like production problems.

Surely, once they have been identified, as they have on here, they 'should' be fixed pretty quickly?

FWIW, My first NV10, the one that was replaced, serial number was G3697xx. It was delivered 2/15 and I think it was made in December. The new one was made in May and delivered 7/11. The S/N is G3917xx. I don't know their serial number system, but it looks like they have built several thousand.

My new one doesn't have any issues at all. No hiss or buzz. The pedal works fine, no squeaks. And no issues with the UI.

Kawai NV10
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Pete14
Finish technician? Make sure he is certified by the Finishing Department of Finishers. wink

He's from Helsinki wink

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by DiarmuidD
Finish technician? Make sure he is certified by the Finishing Department of Finishers. wink

He's from Helsinki wink

Apparently, there are folks who specialize in repairing damage to the polished ebony polyester(?) finish.

I looked around at kits but was too hilariously offended by the requirement to add Asian Black pigment to the mix (https://www.alliedpiano.com/repairing-black-polyester) to take it seriously (but really, it seems the chances of screwing it up even more far outweighed the benefits of fixing a tiny blemish).

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member

He's from Helsinki wink

??? confused

Kawai NV10
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D

He's from Helsinki wink

??? confused

Dude...Helsinki - Capital of Finland - People from Finland are Finnish. Hence Finish technician.

Ok it's not the best pun in the world wink

Last edited by DiarmuidD; 07/19/18 06:10 PM.
Page 78 of 302 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 301 302

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission