Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
How It All Really Began
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
84 registered members (Bobby Badd, A441, 29 invisible), 1,224 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Yamaha P-515 portable digital piano [Re: CyberGene] #2749931
07/07/18 06:12 AM
07/07/18 06:12 AM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
Originally Posted by CyberGene
This is a good competitor to ES8 IMO.

As I recently reported the supposedly "better" action in CLP675 is a total disaster and that's confirmed by other people on the forum too. So, it's the right decision to stick to their proven NWX action which is on par with Kawai RH3.

Furthermore, I think the new CFX patch in the latest Yamaha pianos is better than the piano sounds of Kawai, even if only very slightly. Yamaha also have the best harpsichord IMO and some of their other sounds are very good. If the sound system is comparable to that in the ES8, then it's a good achievement. Modeling has proven ineffective so far, and I applaud Yamaha for sticking to sampling smile

The ES8 has been with us some time now. A new one designed to make a good impression (ie, blow the rest out of the water) may well be in the offing, soon.
Now, I tried one only a few days ago and the sound samples were good; each piano was distinct and well usable. The biggest let down, as with most portables is in the sound. It has hitherto been compromised. And, as it happens, rectified in the new Roland FP60, which now has the strength and depth of a console model. About time, too! The FP90 will no doubt exhibit this, and probably more, I haven't tried one yet.
So. In order to create this impression, there's a one step way of achieving this.
Grand Feel Compact!! YAAAAAAYY !! Bring it on, guys . . . .Oh, hang on; what will the price be?? With stand and triple pedal, £1550, no more. I'd buy it!

Last edited by peterws; 07/07/18 06:19 AM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
(ad) ROLAND

Click Here

Re: Yamaha P-515 portable digital piano [Re: peterws] #2749940
07/07/18 07:32 AM
07/07/18 07:32 AM
USA
L
Lotus1 Offline
Lotus1  Offline
L
USA
Originally Posted by peterws
The ES8 has been with us some time now. A new one designed to make a good impression (ie, blow the rest out of the water) may well be in the offing, soon.
In order to create this impression, there's a one step way of achieving this. Grand Feel Compact!!

I agree, Peter. This would be a fitting response by Kawai and I hope it happens.

Re: Yamaha P-515 portable digital piano [Re: peterws] #2749958
07/07/18 09:29 AM
07/07/18 09:29 AM
birmingham, al
J
Jefsco Offline
Jefsco  Offline
J
birmingham, al
Now, I tried one only a few days ago and the sound samples were good; each piano was distinct and well usable. The biggest let down, as with most portables is in the sound. It has hitherto been compromised. And, as it happens, rectified in the new Roland FP60, which now has the strength and depth of a console model. About time, too! The FP90 will no doubt exhibit this, and probably more, I haven't tried one yet.
So. In order to create this impression, there's a one step way of achieving this.
Grand Feel Compact!! YAAAAAAYY !! Bring it on, guys . . . .Oh, hang on; what will the price be?? With stand and triple pedal, £1550, no more. I'd buy it!

dang! poor yamaha!
two months before their new unit even hits the street, it’s already being blow out of the water by a kawai that hasn’t been announced! wink

jeff
Re: Yamaha P-515 portable digital piano [Re: Jefsco] #2749986
07/07/18 11:21 AM
07/07/18 11:21 AM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
Originally Posted by Jefsco

dang! poor yamaha!
two months before their new unit even hits the street, it’s already being blow out of the water by a kawai that hasn’t been announced! wink

Yamaha will be aware of this possibility anyway. So you can rest assured their response will be forthcoming depending on one thing. Like, sales of the P515 . . .that'll tell them all they need to know.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Yamaha P-515 portable digital piano [Re: CyberGene] #2750068
07/07/18 05:51 PM
07/07/18 05:51 PM
Europe
J
JoeT Offline
500 Post Club Member
JoeT  Offline
500 Post Club Member
J
Europe
Originally Posted by CyberGene
This is a good competitor to ES8 IMO.

As I recently reported the supposedly "better" action in CLP675 is a total disaster and that's confirmed by other people on the forum too. So, it's the right decision to stick to their proven NWX action which is on par with Kawai RH3.

I hope it survives shipping better than Kawai actions. wink

Furthermore, I think the new CFX patch in the latest Yamaha pianos is better than the piano sounds of Kawai, even if only very slightly. Yamaha also have the best harpsichord IMO and some of their other sounds are very good. If the sound system is comparable to that in the ES8, then it's a good achievement. Modeling has proven ineffective so far, and I applaud Yamaha for sticking to sampling smile

I'm looking forward to testing it and comparing it to the ES8. On paper the wooden action, the CFX and the new 3-pedal stand sounds like a perfect match for what I'm looking for as a replacement for the ES100. Especially at that price level, now where the CA58 priced itself out of my market and the CA17 is not available anymore.

Kawai ES100 | Pianoteq 6 | Ivory II American Concert D | Steinberg UR22 | Sennheiser HD595
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

New In Our Store!
New In Our Store!
A few of the many new items we've added to our online store.
(PianoSupplies.com is a division of Piano World)
wrap around sunglasses with music notes
Wrap around sun glasses with music notes

88 keys, 10 fingers, no problem
88 Keys, 10 Fingers, No Problem

Bass Clef Hat
Bass Clef Hat

Tons more music related products in our online store!
(ad)
Pianoforall
PianoForAll
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Digital Piano master sticky thread
by MacMacMac. 07/21/18 04:40 AM
Kawai US8X
by tallahasseegreys. 07/20/18 11:37 PM
Just wanted to share tonight's lesson experience
by Jouishy. 07/20/18 11:21 PM
good teachers with bad pianos?
by ghostwind. 07/20/18 06:26 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Steingraeber
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics186,511
Posts2,733,214
Members90,605
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission