Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
How It All Really Began
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
56 registered members (anamnesis, 7uturu, abarax, Aaron W, 20 invisible), 1,150 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
iLoud Micro users here? #2746175
06/21/18 07:51 PM
06/21/18 07:51 PM
Sao Paul, Brazil
E
EVC2017 Offline OP
EVC2017  Offline OP
E
Sao Paul, Brazil
Hello.

I went to a store to look at these speakers. I was reasonably impressed with the sound niceness (I won't say quality as I cannot state this objectively smile ). The shop attendant played some other speakers/monitors for comparison and a Tanoy Reveal 402 was a close contender). Even a Mackie MR5 did not sound as good. I am looking for a small solution so I would discard bigger monitors.

The iLouds sounded good but not too loud (I tried it with some songs in my smartphone, not the piano). The shop is in a very noisy street so part of my loudness perception could be caused by background noise.

So my question is if the sound is loud enough when connected to your DP for it to be comfortably listened in a small room (12m^2). Some time ago I tried some Bose Companion II with my DP and they sounded good enough and loud enough. I just would like to make sure the iLouds would fare as well if not better.

Thanks for your inputs.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
(ad) ROLAND

Click Here

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2746180
06/21/18 08:11 PM
06/21/18 08:11 PM
Switzerland
D
Digitalguy Offline
500 Post Club Member
Digitalguy  Offline
500 Post Club Member
D
Switzerland
I have a pair of them. They have plenty of volume. I don't know about your phone, but with my pianos they can get so loud it would be painful to listen to in any normal room. I think they are 50 watts, but it depends on the source. A piano should have much more power than you smartphone. I wouldn't worry about volume.
The quality of the sound is very good, but they have one big issue for me, too much bass. You won't notice this with normal music, but you do notice with piano, where a neutral sound is important...
They have a bass cut-off switch but even with that they still have too much bass. I have to equalize all my pianos to reduce bass in order for the bass not to disturb me too much. My Eris 5 are much more neutral and therefore get much more use... It's a pity as they are perfect for travelling (and I am bringing them with me on holiday this summer), just wish they were more neutral....

Roland FP-4F, Korg Kross 61, iRig Keys Pro, HD598, Focal Spirit Pro, Shure SRH240A, RME Babyface, M-Track Plus, Roland DuoCapture, Presonus Eris E5, iLoud micro monitors, iPad Pro, MS Surface pro 3, Ivory II ACD, Korg Module for iPad, Vienna Imperial, Galaxy Vintage D, Ravenscroft, Kawai-Ex Pro
Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2746241
06/22/18 03:42 AM
06/22/18 03:42 AM
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Doug M. Offline
500 Post Club Member
Doug M.  Offline
500 Post Club Member
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by EVC2017
Hello.

I went to a store to look at these speakers. I was reasonably impressed with the sound niceness (I won't say quality as I cannot state this objectively smile ). The shop attendant played some other speakers/monitors for comparison and a Tanoy Reveal 402 was a close contender). Even a Mackie MR5 did not sound as good. I am looking for a small solution so I would discard bigger monitors.

The iLouds sounded good but not too loud (I tried it with some songs in my smartphone, not the piano). The shop is in a very noisy street so part of my loudness perception could be caused by background noise.

So my question is if the sound is loud enough when connected to your DP for it to be comfortably listened in a small room (12m^2). Some time ago I tried some Bose Companion II with my DP and they sounded good enough and loud enough. I just would like to make sure the iLouds would fare as well if not better.

Thanks for your inputs.

Read carefully the reviews on Amazon!
The other issue they have is build quality

Instruments: Current - Kawai MP7; Past - Yamaha PSR7000
Software: Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand: K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2746243
06/22/18 04:25 AM
06/22/18 04:25 AM
Suffolk, United Kingdom
E
EssBrace Offline
3000 Post Club Member
EssBrace  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E
Suffolk, United Kingdom
I had a pair for a little while.

Really great for listening to Tidal/Spotify or whatever but when used with my DPs there was a problem. On certain notes or at certain frequencies the iLoud casing and/or grilles buzzed slightly. Enough to be distracting and a deal-breaker. I didn't see this a QC issue for iLoud but rather I felt it was a reflection of the higher dynamic range of a piano when compared to recorded music. I also didn't feel like their frequency response was quite right for piano and the (less powerful) onboard speakers of the two pianos I tried them with (Roland FP90 and Dexibell P7) sounded more 'right' to my ears.

After a week I returned the iLoud Micros.

Roland RD-1000 | Nord Piano3 | Dexibell Vivo P7 | Korg G1 Air |
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EssBrace] #2746255
06/22/18 05:36 AM
06/22/18 05:36 AM
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Doug M. Offline
500 Post Club Member
Doug M.  Offline
500 Post Club Member
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by EssBrace

I didn't see this a QC issue for iLoud

This is a fair representation of the 3 star reviews on Amazon

Pros:
1) Small/Portable/Lightweight
2) Sound quality is very good (it beat my Yamaha HS5's studio monitors in bottom end and overall sound quality)

Cons:
1) cheap build
2) RCA connectors only
3) RCA connectors are vulnerable to being pulled loose, be careful when disconnecting.

These speakers would benefit from an upgrade in build quality and the addition of 1/4 inch or even XLR connectors. Sound quality wise they are useful for the professionsl on the go, but connection options and build quality make it a shaky prospect. I had to return mine due to the cheap RCA connectors coming loose upon disconnecting my cables. I will purchase these speakers again only if they add 1/4 inch connectors.

Instruments: Current - Kawai MP7; Past - Yamaha PSR7000
Software: Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand: K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: Doug M.] #2746261
06/22/18 05:52 AM
06/22/18 05:52 AM
Switzerland
D
Digitalguy Offline
500 Post Club Member
Digitalguy  Offline
500 Post Club Member
D
Switzerland
Originally Posted by Doug M.

I didn't see this a QC issue for iLoud

This is a fair representation of the 3 star reviews on Amazon

Pros:
1) Small/Portable/Lightweight
2) Sound quality is very good (it beat my Yamaha HS5's studio monitors in bottom end and overall sound quality)

Cons:
1) cheap build
2) RCA connectors only
3) RCA connectors are vulnerable to being pulled loose, be careful when disconnecting.

These speakers would benefit from an upgrade in build quality and the addition of 1/4 inch or even XLR connectors. Sound quality wise they are useful for the professionsl on the go, but connection options and build quality make it a shaky prospect. I had to return mine due to the cheap RCA connectors coming loose upon disconnecting my cables. I will purchase these speakers again only if they add 1/4 inch connectors.

I don't think connection options are a big issue for piano players (you have RCA and a stereo audio jack), you have adapters if necessary.... As for build quality, the don't feel cheap to me... Now of course one thing is taking them on holiday, another is gigging with them regularly.... For me the big problem (and you will find some reviews on the internet that confirm it) is the non-neutral sound....

Roland FP-4F, Korg Kross 61, iRig Keys Pro, HD598, Focal Spirit Pro, Shure SRH240A, RME Babyface, M-Track Plus, Roland DuoCapture, Presonus Eris E5, iLoud micro monitors, iPad Pro, MS Surface pro 3, Ivory II ACD, Korg Module for iPad, Vienna Imperial, Galaxy Vintage D, Ravenscroft, Kawai-Ex Pro
Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EssBrace] #2746270
06/22/18 06:09 AM
06/22/18 06:09 AM
North Carolina
MacMacMac Offline
6000 Post Club Member
MacMacMac  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
North Carolina
And then you got married. smile

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2746274
06/22/18 06:28 AM
06/22/18 06:28 AM
中国
N
newer player Online content
500 Post Club Member
newer player  Online Content
500 Post Club Member
N
中国
Here are some measurement charts and comments so you have a better idea of what these monitors are about. This guy liked the iLoud at lower volumes

http://noaudiophile.com/IK_Multimedia_iLoudMM/

I have some small desktop monitors and desktop 3 way systems which are fun to listen to. Personally, iFind that very small speakers as a general matter:

- don't do a great job with mid range so you will miss some of that fulness and body from your monitors

- don't have ultra smooth bass as that comes from some acoustic tricks and DSP. That could make some lower piano notes a bit too high or too low in volume

- don't have so much dynamic range

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: newer player] #2746281
06/22/18 07:44 AM
06/22/18 07:44 AM
Switzerland
D
Digitalguy Offline
500 Post Club Member
Digitalguy  Offline
500 Post Club Member
D
Switzerland
Originally Posted by newer player
Here are some measurement charts and comments so you have a better idea of what these monitors are about. This guy liked the iLoud at lower volumes

http://noaudiophile.com/IK_Multimedia_iLoudMM/

I have some small desktop monitors and desktop 3 way systems which are fun to listen to. Personally, iFind that very small speakers as a general matter:

- don't do a great job with mid range so you will miss some of that fulness and body from your monitors

- don't have ultra smooth bass as that comes from some acoustic tricks and DSP. That could make some lower piano notes a bit too high or too low in volume

- don't have so much dynamic range

IMO these reviews not done for piano do not help much and can even be misleading. Compared to other desktop speakers that I have (Logitech) or to Bluetooth speakers (UE megaboom or even the old Iloud Bluetooth) well, there is no comparison possible.... The Iloud micro are true monitors and are much better (even better than the Eris 5 as long as you don't touch the lower 2 octaves...). Logitech or other Bluetooth speakers or even home cinema speakers are generally unusable for piano IMO. So no please don't start saying small (desktop) speakers are generally worse in this or in that... These are different from the usual small speakers and should be compared to 5" and even 8" professional monitors.

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: MacMacMac] #2746291
06/22/18 09:00 AM
06/22/18 09:00 AM
Europe
M
mcoll Offline
500 Post Club Member
mcoll  Offline
500 Post Club Member
M
Europe
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
And then you got married. smile

Words of wisdom ha

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2746410
06/22/18 06:43 PM
06/22/18 06:43 PM
Sao Paul, Brazil
E
EVC2017 Offline OP
EVC2017  Offline OP
E
Sao Paul, Brazil
Thank you all for your comments.

EssBrace, I remember seeing a review where they rattled as yours. Could this be a unit problem or product?

They just have the right size, but if they rattle/buzz, then I will pass.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2746416
06/22/18 07:23 PM
06/22/18 07:23 PM
Suffolk, United Kingdom
E
EssBrace Offline
3000 Post Club Member
EssBrace  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E
Suffolk, United Kingdom

EssBrace, I remember seeing a review where they rattled as yours. Could this be a unit problem or product?

Well all I can tell you is they didn't distort or buzz when playing music from Tidal even at their highest volume setting (which is satisfyingly loud). So it was difficult for me to conclude that they were faulty as such. But piano tones of a particular frequency and/or volume did cause buzzing. Rightly or wrongly I just concluded that it was asking too much of them to play back loud piano sounds in this way. The dynamic range of a DP (quiet to loud) is far greater than playing pre-recorded music after all.

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EssBrace] #2746477
06/23/18 06:20 AM
06/23/18 06:20 AM
Switzerland
D
Digitalguy Offline
500 Post Club Member
Digitalguy  Offline
500 Post Club Member
D
Switzerland

Well all I can tell you is they didn't distort or buzz when playing music from Tidal even at their highest volume setting (which is satisfyingly loud). So it was difficult for me to conclude that they were faulty as such. But piano tones of a particular frequency and/or volume did cause buzzing. Rightly or wrongly I just concluded that it was asking too much of them to play back loud piano sounds in this way. The dynamic range of a DP (quiet to loud) is far greater than playing pre-recorded music after all.

Hi EssBrace, do you remember which notes rattled? I would like to try and see if I can reproduce the problem with mines.

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: Digitalguy] #2746480
06/23/18 06:43 AM
06/23/18 06:43 AM
Suffolk, United Kingdom
E
EssBrace Offline
3000 Post Club Member
EssBrace  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Digitalguy
Hi EssBrace, do you remember which notes rattled? I would like to try and see if I can reproduce the problem with mines.

Sorry, no. I seem to recall somewhere in the lower midrange possibly. Not the lowest notes (which you might expect).

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2746510
06/23/18 10:44 AM
06/23/18 10:44 AM
Sao Paul, Brazil
E
EVC2017 Offline OP
EVC2017  Offline OP
E
Sao Paul, Brazil
Digitalguy, how about Eris 5 quality overall? This is one I have considered as an alternative to iLoud (the other is KRK VXT4).

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2747000
06/25/18 04:37 PM
06/25/18 04:37 PM
Switzerland
D
Digitalguy Offline
500 Post Club Member
Digitalguy  Offline
500 Post Club Member
D
Switzerland
Digitalguy, how about Eris 5 quality overall? This is one I have considered as an alternative to iLoud (the other is KRK VXT4).

Sorry I was away. I really like the eris 5, better than the iloud. The iloud might be slightly better in the upper range, but it's overwhelmed by the lower end. The eris are a generally better product. They have all the inputs you could wish, XLR, TRS and RCA, while the iloud only has RCA and one 3.5 jack (but with the addition of Bluetooth, which is a nice bonus). So you have more options in terms of connecting more things at the same time (audio interface, ipad etc.). For instance I use the XLR in my babyface to drive them while keeping the ipad pro connected too. Concerning sound, they are more neutral and pretty good for the size. Given that they are small they can also stand on a relatively small and cheap stand. Of course they are less portable than the iloud micro and less rugged too. Here is a comparison of size (I do keep the iloud above my eris when I use this piano grin) .
[Linked Image]

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: Digitalguy] #2747004
06/25/18 04:55 PM
06/25/18 04:55 PM
E
emenelton Offline
1000 Post Club Member
emenelton  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
E

Sorry I was away. I really like the eris 5, better than the iloud. The iloud might be slightly better in the upper range, but it's overwhelmed by the lower end.

The Iloud was conceived to be portable the ERIS not so much and it is really illustrated by your picture.
They really engineered it to have bass. How does regular music sound on it?

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: emenelton] #2747026
06/25/18 05:54 PM
06/25/18 05:54 PM
Switzerland
D
Digitalguy Offline
500 Post Club Member
Digitalguy  Offline
500 Post Club Member
D
Switzerland
Originally Posted by emenelton

The Iloud was conceived to be portable the ERIS not so much and it is really illustrated by your picture.
They really engineered it to have bass. How does regular music sound on it?

Regular music sounds pretty good, and bluetooth is very convenient for that... the problem is piano (again if you play music that only rarely uses the first 2 octaves it's fine, but I use them a lot, as I play octave-wide chords with my left hand and make extensive use of those octaves....) Yes, they over-emphasized bass in order to compensate for the small size, but that creates an overall unbalanced sound. I have watched some reviews of people using them for mixing and complaining about too much bass, so I am not alone. That bass cut-off switch should have been much more than 3 decibels. Of course you can EQ most pianos, but then when you use them with headphones for instance you have to EQ them again, etc. which is a hassle...
Still, they are amazing for travelling (or gigging,which I don't), which is a good enough reason for me for keeping them. They would have been even greater if you could use them with batteries... But I bought a relatively small power bank that has a full AC output with 120watts... (which I am still waiting to receive).

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2747030
06/25/18 05:58 PM
06/25/18 05:58 PM
Sao Paul, Brazil
E
EVC2017 Offline OP
EVC2017  Offline OP
E
Sao Paul, Brazil
Hi, Digitalguy, thank you very much. No need to apologize.

I liked the Presonus because they are relatively small (compared to other 5in monitors) and because they are front ported. I liked the iLoud sound (I do not look for perfect sound - I would use the HD598 for that) but I think for the intended purpose the Eris may be better. It is a pitty the iLoud is so expensive here in Brazil otherwise I would buy it anyway.

Just curious, have you observed that buzz in some notes?

Again, thanks for your help.

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: Digitalguy] #2747056
06/25/18 07:41 PM
06/25/18 07:41 PM
E
emenelton Offline
1000 Post Club Member
emenelton  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
E
[quote=emenelton]

Regular music sounds pretty good, and bluetooth is very convenient for that... the problem is piano (again if you play music that only rarely uses the first 2 octaves it's fine, but I use them a lot, as I play octave-wide chords with my left hand and make extensive use of those octaves....) Yes, they over-emphasized bass in order to compensate for the small size, but that creates an overall unbalanced sound. I have watched some reviews of people using them for mixing and complaining about too much bass, so I am not alone. That bass cut-off switch should have been much more than 3 decibels. Of course you can EQ most pianos, but then when you use them with headphones for instance you have to EQ them again, etc. which is a hassle...
Still, they are amazing for travelling (or gigging,which I don't), which is a good enough reason for me for keeping them. They would have been even greater if you could use them with batteries... But I bought a relatively small power bank that has a full AC output with 120watts... (which I am still waiting to receive).

I still use my iloud sometimes, it’s perfect a little bit. Kurtz forte 7 the bass on which is natural comparatively

Thanks

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2747062
06/25/18 08:29 PM
06/25/18 08:29 PM
Switzerland
D
Digitalguy Offline
500 Post Club Member
Digitalguy  Offline
500 Post Club Member
D
Switzerland
Hi, Digitalguy, thank you very much. No need to apologize.

I liked the Presonus because they are relatively small (compared to other 5in monitors) and because they are front ported. I liked the iLoud sound (I do not look for perfect sound - I would use the HD598 for that) but I think for the intended purpose the Eris may be better. It is a pitty the iLoud is so expensive here in Brazil otherwise I would buy it anyway.

Just curious, have you observed that buzz in some notes?

Again, thanks for your help.

Not been able to observe any buzz so far... (please note I keep the -3db bass always on).
I too use HD598 (there are 2 pairs in the picture, the new black one and the old brown one which you can hardly see) and love them. I would say they are half way between the eris and the iloud in terms of bass. They have a slight bump between the second and third octave, but they don't need EQ. But compared to a perfectly neutral headphone like the Focal Spirit Pro you can clearly tell the difference. With the Eris you have a more neutral sound (therefore less bass).
Anyway the Eris (and the Iloud for that matter), while not as good as the HD598, are so much better than the built-in speakers of my Roland....

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2750114
07/07/18 09:21 PM
07/07/18 09:21 PM
Sao Paul, Brazil
E
EVC2017 Offline OP
EVC2017  Offline OP
E
Sao Paul, Brazil
A quick update: I decided to order a pair of Eris 5. Today I played with them (in all senses).

First impressions:
1- I love its compactness.
2- Sound is nice but bass sounded boomy on a desk.
3- Sounded very decent, especially with the piano. Bass response sounds pretty decent, considering their low frequency drivers size.

Along the process of making it sound better (less boomy) I tried it with my two pianos, doing a A/B comparison and in the end I found I had to raise them far from the desk surface, at first with books, later with a stack of polypropylene foam. I will make a proper support for them. I also found I will have to put some sound barrier to avoid resonance in the room (a specific key sounded weird and louder until I put a blanked behind me.

Overall I am prety satisfied with the purchase.

I intend to buy the iLoud too. For experimentation (especially with the ES8) and further to listen to music and using with the piano(s).

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2750465
07/09/18 06:08 PM
07/09/18 06:08 PM
Los Angeles, California
P
PianoManChuck Offline
PianoManChuck  Offline
P
Los Angeles, California

I intend to buy the iLoud too. For experimentation (especially with the ES8) and further to listen to music and using with the piano(s).

I actually made a video that directly compares the iLoud Micro Monitors with the Kawai ES8:

https://youtu.be/1SDFLl6hI00

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2750474
07/09/18 06:42 PM
07/09/18 06:42 PM
Sao Paul, Brazil
E
EVC2017 Offline OP
EVC2017  Offline OP
E
Sao Paul, Brazil
I saw your video. It was one of the reasons why I considered iLoud, along with the comments on it. I also saw some comparisons between it and other monitors and it was favorable to it. As Eris 5's were compared with other monitors. Digitalguy's comments also helped me to make a final decision towards both.

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2750526
07/10/18 05:57 AM
07/10/18 05:57 AM
Switzerland
D
Digitalguy Offline
500 Post Club Member
Digitalguy  Offline
500 Post Club Member
D
Switzerland
I
A quick update: I decided to order a pair of Eris 5. Today I played with them (in all senses).

First impressions:
1- I love its compactness.
2- Sound is nice but bass sounded boomy on a desk.
3- Sounded very decent, especially with the piano. Bass response sounds pretty decent, considering their low frequency drivers size.

Along the process of making it sound better (less boomy) I tried it with my two pianos, doing a A/B comparison and in the end I found I had to raise them far from the desk surface, at first with books, later with a stack of polypropylene foam. I will make a proper support for them. I also found I will have to put some sound barrier to avoid resonance in the room (a specific key sounded weird and louder until I put a blanked behind me.

Overall I am prety satisfied with the purchase.

Ideally you need to put them on a stand, and since they are light any cheap stand will do.... On a stand they don't sound boomy at all, contrary to the iloud.
When at home I don't use the iloud as the eris are overall better. But I am leaving on a trip (I am at the airport right now) and it's the micro that are in my luggage....

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2750537
07/10/18 07:59 AM
07/10/18 07:59 AM
North Carolina
MacMacMac Offline
6000 Post Club Member
MacMacMac  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
North Carolina
Are these speakers able to fill a living room? Or just enough for a "near-field" desktop ... or keyboard-top area?

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: MacMacMac] #2750547
07/10/18 08:44 AM
07/10/18 08:44 AM
Switzerland
D
Digitalguy Offline
500 Post Club Member
Digitalguy  Offline
500 Post Club Member
D
Switzerland
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Are these speakers able to fill a living room? Or just enough for a "near-field" desktop ... or keyboard-top area?

it depends on what you feed them with, but they both can get very very loud

PS Here I have an acoustic baby grand and will be comparing the loudness of the micro with it when I have some time to play

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2751047
07/12/18 05:20 PM
07/12/18 05:20 PM
Switzerland
D
Digitalguy Offline
500 Post Club Member
Digitalguy  Offline
500 Post Club Member
D
Switzerland
Just for information I am on holiday at my family's place, where I have the acoustic grand I grew up with a my old GEM WX2 from 25 years ago, which I use as my midi keyboard here. I brought my iloud micro this year too.
3 remarks:
1. having a much bigger room than the one in my apartment in Switzerland I can feel less the overemphasized bass of the iloud micro, so they sound better here (unless it's simply because I don't have my eris to compare to, but I guess room acoustics plays a role, and in a 18 sqm room the bass will boom more than in a 35 sqm one).
2. concerning volume, the micro can be much louder than my baby grand, both with my ipad and with my pc.
3. none of my virtual pianos is anywhere near to fool me into thinking it's an acoustic and the main reason is sympathetic resonance and in virtual pianos it's much less (you can play a lot with reverb, but that's something else, there is hardly any way to increase the sympathetic resonance up to a realistic level)

Re: iLoud Micro users here? [Re: EVC2017] #2751756
07/15/18 07:53 PM
07/15/18 07:53 PM
Sao Paul, Brazil
E
EVC2017 Offline OP
EVC2017  Offline OP
E
Sao Paul, Brazil
I decided to bite the bullet and bought the iLoud micro. I listened to videos and songs through it and it sounds nice (I think what is not that good is the recording quality, especially youtube videos or maybe the bluetooth connection causes some quality loss or both).

I connected the iLouds to my ES8. So far, so good: it sounds better than the built-in speakers. Right now I am listening to the demo songs. Later this week I will try it side by side with the Eris 5 just for fun and out of curiosity.

Digitalguy, it is certainly loud enough for a small room. I would not set it too loud anyway but it gives room for loud passages without loosing sound quality.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Last edited by EVC2017; 07/15/18 07:55 PM.

Moderated by  Piano World 

New In Our Store!
New In Our Store!
A few of the many new items we've added to our online store.
(PianoSupplies.com is a division of Piano World)
wrap around sunglasses with music notes
Wrap around sun glasses with music notes

88 keys, 10 fingers, no problem
88 Keys, 10 Fingers, No Problem

Bass Clef Hat
Bass Clef Hat

Tons more music related products in our online store!
(ad)
Pianoforall
PianoForAll
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pianos at PTG and NAMM Conventions
by Grandman. 07/19/18 06:23 PM
What Is My Roland RD-600 Worth?
by AnalogJeff. 07/19/18 04:35 PM
Easy Debussy
by BbAltered. 07/19/18 03:54 PM
Daniel Lozakovich
by pianoloverus. 07/19/18 12:25 PM
Keystation49 or Launchkey49
by Stiglo Olsen. 07/19/18 11:48 AM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Steingraeber
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics186,496
Posts2,732,978
Members90,598
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission