2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
75 members (24000rpm, claburo, antune, Animisha, cfhosford, brdwyguy, clothearednincompo, ando, 18 invisible), 607 guests, and 438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
Free playable trial version of Production Voices Concert Grand Compact.

https://www.productionvoices.com/product/concert-grand-compact-demo/

I don't think this trail version was previously available:

"* Concert Grand Compact DEMO allows users to try Concert Grand Compact with just a few keys. All the C's and a limited range from G3 above middle C to C5 are available to try in the demo version.

* The controls and features are near identical to the full version except that keyup and sympathetic resonance has been disabled.

* There is NO TIME LIMIT on the demo version. Only select notes are available on the demo version."

D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by newer player
Free playable trial version of Production Voices Concert Grand Compact.

https://www.productionvoices.com/product/concert-grand-compact-demo/

I don't think this trail version was previously available:

"* Concert Grand Compact DEMO allows users to try Concert Grand Compact with just a few keys. All the C's and a limited range from G3 above middle C to C5 are available to try in the demo version.

* The controls and features are near identical to the full version except that keyup and sympathetic resonance has been disabled.

* There is NO TIME LIMIT on the demo version. Only select notes are available on the demo version."

While this is better than nothing, it's little more than an octave... It sounds nice, but it's way too little to spend $200 to $280 to try the rest. Especially the bass that is completely missing from the demo...A less defensive approach would have led to more sales IMO.

Roland FP-4F, Korg Kross 61, iRig Keys Pro, HD58X, HD598, Focal Spirit Pro, Shure SRH240A, RME Babyface, M-Track Plus, Roland DuoCapture, Presonus Eris E5, iLoud micro monitors, iPad Pro, HP Elite X2, Ivory II ACD, Korg Module for iPad, Garrital CFX full, Vienna Imperial, Ravenscroft, Kawai-Ex Pro
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Agreed. Pianoteq's demo removes around a half-dozen notes. This demo removes around 70 of them?
That's not a demo. That's a practical joke.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Well, you should have got it for $19, when you had the chance. cool The Compact version is not bad, at least well worth $19. For $49, not so sure.

I'd rather recommend the Estate Grand for Sforzando for that money, since it's got three microphone pairs, not one like the Concert Grand Compact.

I myself will probably not get the full Concert Grand, simply for the reason I don't want the third SSD into my setup, or to have to exchange one of the 240/250GB SSDs for a 500GB one.

Last edited by TheodorN; 04/18/18 10:20 AM.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, NI Giant, Sampletekk White Grand, Choc. Audio Steinbach, and a few more. Kontakt 5. Reaper.
P
P
I think Production Voices quickly put this demo out this week because of the recent release of the brand new Light And Sound Concert Grand Steinway Model C software piano with 11 mic perspectives on sliders plus a separate factory "Mix" perspective. L&S full product is on introductory offer for $99 USD / £71.56 GBP until 30 April.

After all, both products are pretty similar being Steinways with a very wide choice of mic perspectives, running in Kontakt (although are PV now using Plogue?), and many customers wanting to purchase a big Steinway virtual piano this year might opt for the new L&S available now for bargain price, rather than waiting until Production Voices full version is available ?????? and paying maybe 3 times the price for that instead, so Production Voices might fear they are losing potential sales and want to remind people of their forthcoming product.
In fairness, the Production Voices Steinway Compact version is already available now for $49, but that's a significantly stripped back version of the forthcoming full product.

Obviously if you're a die hard Steinway fan like me you'll be buying both...!

M
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
M
Originally Posted by propianist
I am not dying yet (hopefully) smile but I was hunting for Steinway software piano several times with no much success (Galaxy Vintage D and PV Compact don't work for me, True Keys American almost does but not fully). So I am really interested if anyone here has experience with Light and Sound Concert Grand...

EDIT: Sorry I ran too fast with my question. I later found Light and Sound Concert Grand dedicated thread that answers it very well smile

Last edited by michaelvi; 04/20/18 04:15 PM.

Started 2016-01-29
Casio Privia PX-760 => Garritan CFX Lite, Ravenscroft 275 => Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 =>ATH-40mx, Sennheiser HD598, JBL LSR305
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by michaelvi
I am not dying yet (hopefully) smile but I was hunting for Steinway software piano several times with no much success (Galaxy Vintage D and PV Compact don't work for me, True Keys American almost does but not fully). So I am really interested if anyone here has experience with Light and Sound Concert Grand...

EDIT: Sorry I ran too fast with my question. I later found Light and Sound Concert Grand dedicated thread that answers it very well smile

Haven't you tried Ivory German D or American yet? Those are IMO the best virtual Steinways aroud.

Roland FP-4F, Korg Kross 61, iRig Keys Pro, HD58X, HD598, Focal Spirit Pro, Shure SRH240A, RME Babyface, M-Track Plus, Roland DuoCapture, Presonus Eris E5, iLoud micro monitors, iPad Pro, HP Elite X2, Ivory II ACD, Korg Module for iPad, Garrital CFX full, Vienna Imperial, Ravenscroft, Kawai-Ex Pro
M
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
M
Originally Posted by Digitalguy
Originally Posted by michaelvi

Haven't you tried Ivory German D or American yet? Those are IMO the best virtual Steinways aroud.

Thank you Digitalguy for suggestion. Ivory II ACD is in my wishlist under N1 but not for nearest time - I already spent too much time and money evaluating a number of different software pianos (far not all are in my signature) and currently CFX Lite is my main (and almost the only) instrument for practicing. I prefer to save money for full CFX upgrade first smile. Next try will be ACD - unless by that time community opinion will shift to something new smile. I asked about Light and Sound Concert Grand not buy it immediately but because I am still collecting information for some future smile...

Last edited by michaelvi; 04/21/18 08:10 AM.

Started 2016-01-29
Casio Privia PX-760 => Garritan CFX Lite, Ravenscroft 275 => Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 =>ATH-40mx, Sennheiser HD598, JBL LSR305
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
You can try ACD on try-sound.com... the latency is huge, but you can hear if the timbre is ok for you.

Yamaha CLP150, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
M
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
M
Originally Posted by Frédéric L
You can try ACD on try-sound.com... the latency is huge, but you can hear if the timbre is ok for you.

Thanks Frédéric! Yes, I'll probably do it.

Started 2016-01-29
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
I revisited the PVCGC this week.

I tried this with monitors & sub, 3 way decent computer monitors, big open-backed headphones, a few iems. It sounded much better to my ears with my good iems (JVC HA-FX850); not sure why. I would encourage owners to try this VI with nice iems (well inserted into ears for low fq response).

The VI's sampling is clean and clear and it has a lot of the character of my teacher's Steinway. The VI is responsive, fun to play, and I like the sound of the piano and the room. The distance, velocity groups, pedalling challenges were addressed by others above and I hope they are all sorted for the full PVCG release.

C
Cinjero Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Many users have been asking me about what is happening with Concert Grand, our Steinway D piano library for Kontakt. I'm happy to report that it is near completion! It has been an epic journey, but worth the wait!

I’ll have more audio demos and videos soon! Let me know if you are interested in helping create audio demos! There are incentives!

I have delivery size numbers at the following, but it may change slightly:

Concert Grand Platinum 24 Bit 96 kHz Approx. 342 GB compressed or 658 GB uncompressed
Concert Grand Gold 24 Bit 44.1 kHz Approx. 157 GB compressed or 299 GB uncompressed
Concert Grand LE 16 Bit 44.1 kHz Approx. 77 GB compressed or 200 GB uncompressed
Concert Grand Full All sample rates Approx. 576 GB
Here is what is complete:

Interface, controls and functions
Concert Grand LE and Gold samples are already uploaded on our server ready for download.

Left to do:

Keymap minor sample refinements and final adjustments. Concert Grand is very useable in its current state, but there are minor refinements to do.
Upload Concert Grand Platinum samples.
Video demos, marketing materials, audio demos etc.
Factors slowing us down:

Should this be a licensed Kontakt library that includes Kontakt Player and plays nicely with NKS? This process will take an additional two months, is an extra expense and requires a royalty payment for each product sold. My thoughts on the matter are that Concert Grand is so large and represents a higher-end product that the majority of users will already own Kontakt. The flip side of the argument is that licensing Kontakt Player may open it up to a larger audience.

Challenges:

How do you make downloading 576 GB manageable?

One of the biggest concerns that Production Grand 2 users had was downloading 207 GB and only being able to download 3 or less files at a time! We are experimenting with Continuata download manager for Concert Grand. There are challenges such as Windows users having random issues getting the newer version of the software to work based on the version of Windows users have. Hard drives are an option, but for Production Grand, European orders were not reliably delivered. Hard drives have an added expense. What do you pack them in and do customers expect an unboxing moment when the package arrives?

Pricing:

This is all subject to change, but this is likely what we are looking at for pricing without Kontakt Player licensing:

Concert Grand LE: $149
Concert Grand Gold: $229
Concert Grand Full $329
Upgrade pricing from Concert Grand Compact to Concert Grand LE will be available.
Sale pricing: Likely we will launch first to existing customers and offer discounts to Production Grand 2 owners.
Release dates:

Crossing fingers that July 2018 for Concert Grand LE and Gold. Concert Grand Full: August?

More info to come.

Thanks for hanging in here with me! Concert Grand is a great product and I can't wait for you to give it a try in your everyday playing and production.

Kind Regards,

Jason Chapman
Production Voices

A
A
Fantastic! I've been waiting for a long time!
I already own the Compact version, so I wonder what the upgrade price will be. Can I upgrade to LE version only?
I'm looking forward to July. smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yikes, half a TB for a Piano library?
Kinda overkill don't you think?

The backbone of modern industrial society is, and for the foreseeable future will be, the use of electrical Power.
VPC 1 -> Pianoteq 7 Std | Garritan CFX / Pearl Alto Flute 201
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
Very excited for this.

@Granyala - I think the "smaller" 16/44.1 version will be just fine for me. The Garritan CFX is also at 16/44.1.

The Kontakt question is complex. Personally, If getting a Kontakt Free version takes signifincat development time and money, I would rather see those resources directed at making the very best VI possible.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I have the Compact version, and I really like it as well. However, hundreds of gigabytes, calling for yet another SSD, make it a deal breaker for me. If the upgrade path to Concert Grand LE is cheap, it's a remote possibility I'll get it.

I felt the same about this new Embertone Steinway discussed elsewhere. That one is only 34GB for each mic pair, so about 102GB for me, as I wouldn't take less than three mic positions.

Pianoteq, with the new Steingraeber, even Blüthner, might be next on my wishlist, possibly CinePiano, or Wavesfactory Mercury, which actually weighs in at about 34GB. At least I don't want another disk space gobbler.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, NI Giant, Sampletekk White Grand, Choc. Audio Steinbach, and a few more. Kontakt 5. Reaper.
B
B
The main difference for a Kontakt (free) Player version is that the developer has to pay NI to compile a unique nicnt file and then pay for separate licence keys for each user. He has to buy these in blocks. Then you authorize the software with your license key through Native Access and library is added to the left menu. So he would have to pass this cost on to you.

For full Kontakt, a developer has nothing to do. He just gives you the files and you open them using the browser. It's no different then if you made your own instrument library. Essentially, NI makes you pay (Kontakt Full) or the developer pay (Kontakt free). Either way NI gets their money.

I'm getting concerned as well with the size of some of these libraries. I passed on the Synchron CFX because of the size and don't really need all the mics and velocity layers. I like the ala carte option on the Walker Steinway. I know here Jason is giving you a lot of mics, thus the size, even though there are just 12 velocity layers. Like above I am somewhat interested in the LE version, but getting to the point I have to invest in another SSD.

Just when I thought that 100 Mbps internet service was fast enough ... and now comes a library sized at 250GB !
That's a five hour download. frown

E
EPW Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
MacMacMac I was thinking the same thing. Only way I would ever consider this Mega Piano library is if it came on a
SSD hard drive. Really makes my decision to go will Pianoteq look good. I figure modeling for me is the future.

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
I can download the LE overnight so like that option. But for those with "slower" internet service, a regular USB 2.0 key at 128GB for LE is a good option in my view.

A decent 128GB USB key is robust, easy to ship, almost universal, and retails for around $25. It provides a nice backup for the consumer. If you can get the LE compressed files closer to 64GB, say by throwing away a mic pair, the 64GB USB key is half the price.

Of course USB 3.x is faster but it still has some Windows compatability issues and might be a bit more expensive. Those with USB-C can provide more colour for that connector.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Logo of the Future - Steingraeber
by Skjalg - 04/19/21 10:47 AM
Practuce With Czerny
by BbAltered - 04/19/21 10:05 AM
What to check when getting a new piano
by Dong Huynh - 04/19/21 05:13 AM
Standchen which version of sheet music ?
by jzmeister1 - 04/19/21 03:47 AM
Strings termination
by Guido, Roma - Italy - 04/19/21 03:04 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,395
Posts3,084,097
Members101,239
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission