2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, 11 invisible), 1,854 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Well, we got a recital full of excellent pieces for #50! Here's my first batch of comments.

01. Teddy J. - Ballade no. 1 in G minor, op. 23 (Excerpt) Oh, to be 16 again! Well, maybe not, my scars are well earned. That's a good start on a very difficult piece. I would suggest working your way up to these difficult pieces over a period of time. I've seen lots of people burnout by attempting difficult pieces too soon.

02. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Romance Excellent! And the video was professionally done - matched your playing!

03. UnderConstruction - Grande Valse Brillante Op18 Love the tempo and the feel you have for this - those repeated notes would defeat me!

04. wouter79 - Les Rozeaux (The Reeds), Treizieme Ordre, No.2 Thanks for performing this - Couperin is on my list of composers to explore when i get the time. This one sounds very modern! Great playing...

05. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - High Heels Sounds great - glad to see Einaudi made it into the recital. You have a good feel for the tempo variations.

06. Jason Lenthe - Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 I know how hard this is to do - and from memory too. So I am impressed. That low held note is called a pedal point because Bach was probably thinking of playing that on an organ pedal, which would hold the note just fine while the other notes were played above it.

07. Ted (Ted Jones) - Improvisation (concluding 6 minutes of 60) I'm glad you shared this Ted - I now know what you are doing with your improvisations. I'm impressed, both that you can do this for an hour+, and that I can pick out snippets that sound awesome. Very cool. Wonderful therapy. I'll have to share your story...

08. thepianoplayer416 - Bach Partita 1 - Minuet 1 in Bb (BWV825) Very cool - I've played the other Bach/Gounod piece for flute and piano,and I've heard the Schubert piece many times.

09. MarieJ - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete Mesmerizing!

10. jazztpt - Saying Goodbye I love that it has direction and movement - I dislike jazz that just meanders. Cool ending too.

11. SwissMS - Prelude #15 op. 28 "Raindrop" Outstanding! One of my favorite pieces. I love your hands too. I'm so used to looking at my own wrinkled hands that its a shock to see hands that look so young and expressive!

12. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Adagio from Sonata Pathetique, Op. 13 Excellent timing and expression - very expressive.

13. Paige - Sonatina op 36 no 3 We all must struggle with this piece - its like a rite of passage! Very well done!

more to come!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
01. Teddy J. - Ballade no. 1 in G minor, op. 23 (Excerpt) this was exceptional!, great recording of an acoustic along with the ultra classic piece. I’m not sure what “perfect” is here… but this is a good sample if it exists.

02. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Romance beautifully played melodic and somber bittersweet piece. Enjoyed this , and the smooth dynamics were effective.

03. UnderConstruction - Grande Valse Brillante Op18 maybe too much pedal? -seems to be hard to play, you played it very well, Enjoyed the listen. ,

04. wouter79 - Les Rozeaux (The Reeds), Treizieme Ordre, No.2 Wow, this seems to be a difficult piece, especially the timing, for one to learn although you played it well and I enjoyed the listen.

05. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - High Heels Excellent recording , timing and playing . Enjoyed the meditative quality of this piece.

06. Jason Lenthe - Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 Well played, nice strong steady tempo and pace. Good recording

07. Ted (Ted Jones) - Improvisation (concluding 6 minutes of 60) Nice piano sound! Cool-very jazz- Improvisation! Enjoyed it! (Hearing the piece).

08. thepianoplayer416 - Bach Partita 1 - Minuet 1 in Bb (BWV825) Nice kept tempo and played evenly ..)

09. MarieJ - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete Quite a beautiful piece and played well effective dynamics and sound [recording] Enjoyed the somber quality.

10. jazztpt - Saying Goodbye WIAT!!! don’t say goodbye yet! 
Very well played, a good piano sound to this jazzy kind of piece.

11. SwissMS - Prelude #15 op. 28 "Raindrop" beautifully played delicate and smooth tempo. I enjoyed the listening and dynamics.)

12. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Adagio from Sonata Pathetique, Op. 13 beautifully played delicate and smooth tempo. I enjoyed the listening and dynamics.

13. Paige - Sonatina op 36 no 3 this is really a very well played piece and recording! Enjoyed the listen, the touch and timing were superb.

14. Alan Chandler (akc42) - Pathetique Sonata Op 13 2nd Movement (Adagio Cantabile) WOW this is impressive, and the although the tempo was a tad slow it sounded great! Impressive piano playing! And recording.

Wow, 100 pieces ...

I'm going to try for batches of five at a time; maybe I'll finish before the next recital! Random order (literally so, I used a random-number generator).

94. MikeN/Michael Nichols - Etude Op.25 No.1 "Aeolian Harp"

Beautiful wash of sound with well-controlled pedaling. Convincing build to a climax followed by release of tension. Fine recording of a fine instrument, too.

20. fishandchips - French Suite No. 4 in E-flat major BWV 815 - Allemande

Lovely shaping of phrases and connecting them into a whole, excellent feel for dynamics and articulation.

10. jazztpt - Saying Goodbye

Just terrific! Wonderful arc of development over a simple theme and bridge, though a dazzling array of textures and moods, back to a quiet goodbye.

22. Sandalholme - Song without Words Op102 No4

Lovely range from wistful to dramatic, beautiful melody line. More pedal please!

40. Debusselchen - boring Barock maybe?

Definitely not boring! Stately and a bit mysterious, with a courtly dance feel.

I left the piano for a while, but it never left me
B
B

It will be hard to keep up with the comments and not get overwhelmed! I wish I could comment on them all. I know how much I appreciate when anyone comments on my pieces.

But, listening this morning, there were three in a row that really caught my attention:

08. thepianoplayer416 - Bach Partita 1 - Minuet 1 in Bb (BWV825)

I also commented this in your youtube posting--I know how hard it is to play a Bach fugue (I have yet to get to the point where I can do that!)
So this was very enjoyable. And I love the video where you can see the hammers hitting the strings.

09. MarieJ - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete

I have enjoyed very much all your Einaudi pieces in the past. Your High Heels a while back led me to start playing that, and it is wonderful.
This is very enjoyable as well.

Wow. Great jazz playing.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
What a truly magnificent Recital! I am amazed at the quality of playing here, and I am really enjoying listening.

01. Teddy J. - Ballade no. 1 in G minor, op. 23 (Excerpt) This is an ambitious project for only a year of playing. You have a good start on it, and clearly you love the piece. You have made amazing progress for only a year's experience.

02. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Romance This is truly a gem, and you play it with beautiful expression. Truly well done! Your Steingraeber has a lovely voice!

03. UnderConstruction - Grande Valse Brillante Op18 Wow! Very impressive, fast finger work! You did a lovely job with this, expressing the melody clearly over the full and fast accompaniment. You brought out the humor of the piece well. Bravo!

04. wouter79 - Les Rozeaux (The Reeds), Treizieme Ordre, No.2 Nice job with the ornamentation in this piece. I like your balancing of the voices in this piece. Well done!

05. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - High Heels You have a nice touch for Einaudi’s music. I like the pensive feeling that you give this piece.

06. Jason Lenthe - Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 I like the tempo that you chose. I often hear the prelude too slow. You did a lovely job with this. I also like how you shaped the prelude. Fugues can be a mind twister, but you did a lovely job. The voices were well balanced in the fugue, always presenting clarity. Great job!

07. Ted (Ted Jones) - Improvisation (concluding 6 minutes of 60) I love how your improv just flows along creatively, touching the mood of the moment. You are truly one with your music.

08. thepianoplayer416 - Bach Partita 1 - Minuet 1 in Bb (BWV825) Nice job balancing the voices in this very busy piece. Bach certainly requires total concentration!

09. MarieJ - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete You have the perfect, gentle touch for Einaudi. I like the way you paced the piece.

10. jazztpt - Saying Goodbye This is a lovely composition, full of reminiscence and tenderness. Beautiful, rich improvisation.

12. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Adagio from Sonata Pathetique, Op. 13 Pathetique is on my someday list. I love this Adagio, and you do a lovely job with it. You did a beautiful job of balancing the voices, and I like the mix of articulations. Wonderful playing!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
11. SwissMs.- The raindrop is quite an undertaking and you certain seem up to the challenge. Such a beautiful piece and a great job. (And the piano sounds wonderful)

16. peterws. - Great piece! It really moves. You have some nice variations and I love the double notes.

B
B

70. lyricmudra - Siciliano from Flute Sonata No. 2, BWV 1031

Thank you for this wonderful performance!! I did not realize you had missed some recitals (so have I--more than a few), so it is very good to see you back here.

I also wanted to share with you how much I have enjoyed your previous pieces, and the videos.

Your performance of the Scarlatti K 466 I found so enjoyable I began playing that piece and am still working on it.

And your performance of Monday was very influential (and inspirational) in my own playing when I prepared that piece for recital here.

Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
What a great recital, happy 50th! I think it may take just short of forever to comment on all, but it will be such an enjoyable forever.

01. Teddy J. - Ballade no. 1 in G minor, op. 23 (Excerpt) As another commenter has already mentioned, what a great start to this recital! Great job with this, and at only a year experience, well done!

02. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Romance Beautiful, such a lovely piece. Loved your history of the piece also.

03. UnderConstruction - Grande Valse Brillante Op18 Oh, a super fun toe tapper, I love a good waltz!

04. wouter79 - Les Rozeaux (The Reeds), Treizieme Ordre, No.2 Super job with the ornamentation, really enjoyed this. I've got my eye on a couple of Couperin pieces at whatever point I'm actually capable of playing them. smile

05. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - High Heels Very expressive, you have a real way with Einaudi.

06. Jason Lenthe - Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 Loved the tempo for the prelude, very impressed with the fugue.

07. Ted (Ted Jones) - Improvisation (concluding 6 minutes of 60) Wow! I wasn't sure what to expect, and going with this flow made for great listening!

08. thepianoplayer416 - Bach Partita 1 - Minuet 1 in Bb (BWV825) Great job with this, well done bringing out the voicing.

09. MarieJ - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete Really like this piece, beautiful melody. You played it with sensitivity and thoughtfulness.

10. jazztpt - Saying Goodbye Wonderful piece / composition / improvisation. Really impressed and loved listening.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
And we're off! What an amazing turn out for this recital - so many "old timers" back with us, so many new arrivals, and so many of our regulars-- it's a feast for the ears, the heart and soul.

I'm especially delighted that Mr. Super-Hunky is back with us - celebrating this wonderful 50th run of his original idea.

I've got to go in order, or I just feel stressed out keeping track of what I'm doing - so here goes, with my first offering - thank you so much to everyone who put in so much time and energy, and passion into these performances!

01. Teddy J. - Ballade no. 1 in G minor, op. 23 (Excerpt) Welcome Teddy. That was certainly a grand opening to the recital! If this is what you can do at 1 year, I think we can expect to see truly great work from you in the future.

02. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Romance I enjoyed reading the background story to this piece - thank you! This is a really wonderful piece - I can see how easy it would be to get wrapped up in it. I would love to learn this piece (in fact I've already sent a message to my teacher to tell him!) Thank you for introducing me to this music, which you played so well. What a pleasure!

03. UnderConstruction - Grande Valse Brillante Op18 This piece always makes me want to be on a dance floor, with a long poofy dress, and long white gloves and a tiara, whirling and whirling -- maybe with a dashing fellow in a red dress-uniform. You may have had a few flubs, but your performance created a mood and scene in my mind and delighted me.

05. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - High Heels Well, you've got the Einaudi bug eh? Well, you do it justice and you do a great job of bringing out emotions and some depth - good for you, nicely played!

06. Jason Lenthe - Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 Welcome to the recitals! One of my favourites! Beautifully done - a lovely sense of power flowing through this performance, and opening up the front of the piano really gave it that huge sound that calls to mind the fullness of organ music. Thoroughly enjoyed your performance!

07. Ted (Ted Jones) - Improvisation (concluding 6 minutes of 60) I am always curious about what I'm going to hear when I see "improvisation"..... I read in someone elses' comment something about Keith Jarret --- I had to say that's who popped into my mind too. I don't think I could move my fingers that quickly even with a piece I had studied, much less as an improv. Very impressive. Welcome back to the forum!

08. thepianoplayer416 - Bach Partita 1 - Minuet 1 in Bb (BWV825) I never get tired of Bach. This piece is so energetic and bright - you really make it sing. I enjoyed your performance very much!

09. MarieJ - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete Once again you've really got the spirit and flow of Sigor Einaudi's work. It seems to me that your fluidity and ability to create nuances of mood and emotion are improving with each new piece. Brava! Complimenti!

10. jazztpt - Saying Goodbye This is the kind of jazzy atmospheric music I can get lost in. It's reminiscent of a period without really being there, it creates images, like a film reel in my mind, city streets slick with rain, a thrumming lively rush hour, tireless energy pushing on, red white and green traffic lights, then settling --- possibly with a good glass of scotch to end the day. Loved it.

11. SwissMS - Prelude #15 op. 28 "Raindrop" Doris - that's superb! I had goosebumps. Your Bose has such an amazing thrilling sound. You brought out so many aspects of emotion and depth in this piece - it's a jewel. Mr. Casinitaly enjoyed it too and said "Well done Doris!" Hope to hear you play it live, in Germany!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Next batch:

11. SwissMS - Prelude #15 op. 28 "Raindrop": Your playing of this piece is made even more beautiful by the lovely deep bass notes of your piano. You did a great job of carefully controlling the gradual crescendos in volume to create the sense of tension building.

12. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Adagio from Sonata Pathetique, Op. 13: There’s a reason this is such a famous and beloved piece; the melody is absolutely gorgeous. I thought you played this excellently, with a great control of dynamics.

13. Paige - Sonatina op 36 no 3: This is such a dainty piece, perfect for spring! smile You play the first two movements with an admirably light, confident touch. You’ll soon work out the occasional hesitations toward the end, leaving you with a nice repertoire piece.

14. Alan Chandler (akc42) - Pathetique Sonata Op 13 2nd Movement (Adagio Cantabile): This sounded great to me–you play this with a nice brooding emotion and excellent control of tempo and dynamics.

15. GoldmanT - Bruyeres: If I insisted on a recording with no wrong notes, I’d never submit anything to the recitals. ha I couldn’t tell where these alleged wrong notes were; it all sounded good to me. It sounded so pleasantly light and jazzy when I was listening to it that I was surprised to learn it was Debussy.

16. peterws - Troublesome Treadmill: I was listening to the streaming player while working on the recital last night, and when your piece came on it was so lively and fun I had to look to see who was playing... and I was super impressed to discover that it was your original composition! I really liked this.

17. cmb13 - Craig - Consolation 3 in Db - Lento Placido: Such a sad, beautiful piece; I’ve learned a lot about Liszt’s range of musical style in this recital! You do a good job of making those huge leaps after hitting those deep bass notes.

18. JoBert - Abendmusik (Evening Music), Opus 99, No. 12: I wasn’t familiar with this Schumann piece, but I agree completely that it connotes a peaceful feeling of relaxation and satisfaction after a long day, watching the evening creep in. I was particularly impressed by your excellent pedal work here–sustaining as necessary, but allowing those chords to be short when they need to be.

19. Peyton - Message From Space- Music For a Moon Landing I’ve always enjoyed your “Message From Space” compositions; this one has a more brooding, dark tempo and air that appeals greatly to me. And I really like the piercing high radar-signal like notes that begin and end the piece. smile

20. fishandchips - French Suite No. 4 in E-flat major BWV 815 - Allemande: I think shaky hands are a required side effect of the Red Dot Syndrome! laugh Your playing sure didn’t sound nervous, though; you were cool and controlled and confident throughout.

21. Sam S - Pocket Size Sonata 2 - Moderato (and Mellow): This is some nice mellow jazz indeed! I really liked the give and take of how you and your wife changed lead melody roles in it. You two look much more in sync (and happier with each other) than my daughter and I ever did when we tried to play duets.

22. Sandalholme - Song without Words Op102 No4: As you played, I pictured floating in a lake in middle of the night, full moon illuminating the water and surrounding woods. Loved your quiet and peaceful rendition.

23. J Soo - Prelude in G Minor (Op. 28 No. 5): I think it’s great that you tackled a piece with such sentimental meaning for you. This was a masterful performance; you pull off the heroic air of the theme perfectly.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
17. cmb13. _ Such a lovely moving Listz piece. Liszt was one of my first real classical heroes (next was Chopin) and hearing you play this makes me want to pull out the books and play some. Really well done.

21. Sam- What an entertaining listen. A real plus to have you both playing.

24. Monica- Excellent! I too have loved this theme music but never thought to seek out a transcription. This is great and, of course, so well played.

28. casinitaly. I cant tell you how much I love this piece. You really capture the moving elegance. And always, just that touch of sadness.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Next batch - I'm skipping around on purpose to get some of the higher numbers.

70. lyricmudra - Siciliano from Flute Sonata No. 2, BWV 1031 Outstanding. And a wonderful video. I have heard this on recorder/flute many times. Did not know there was a transcription. Unfortunately I can't do transcriptions at school, but I will add it to my list for later...

71. Davidonabus - Over The Rainbow Another interesting arrangement to add to the list - very mellow.

72. JustinDAggie - Liebestraum Number 3 Wonderful! Very clean and professional.

73. squidbot (Chris) - Mazurka in B Flat Major Op. 7 No. 1 Sounds like you have the spirit of the Mazurka - good luck on the recital!

74. outo - Two Keyboard Sonatas K32 and K34 These 2 sound great together - that was a good decision to pair them, almost as if they were written that way. Excellent playing!

75. Kalos Piano - Sarabande HWV 437 N. 4 I've heard this before, or maybe played a version of it. Handel liked to reuse music, so I can't remember where I came across it. Sounds great!

76. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - This Girl's In Love With You Sounds great Mike! Lots of energy...

77. PhilzPiano - Andante op 453 no 32 Very elegant - hope your hand keeps getting better! Playing piano is probably good therapy.

78. Fouyaut - Sonata K332 - Allegro I'm playing this too, so you are getting more comments that I usually give - aren't you lucky! You have better command of the notes than I do - all the little runs, turns, and trills sound crisp and elegant. I'm jealous of your ease of playing it. But I think I play the dynamics better than you do! Its probably the recording. It sounds all one volume level - I bet it sounds great in person. I make the default volume level piano - just about every new theme starts piano. Then accent with forte. But its great really - better than I can play it.

79. Jouishy - The little shepherd I play this one too - very well done. A little more pedal for color, maybe? But its really excellent.

80. dddaaannn - Sonatina in A Minor, op. 214, no. 4 Nicely played. Very much in the style for the period. All those pages taped together brought back memories - I used to do that all the time, but the new teacher makes me memorize everything...

81. dinahp18 - Invention 13 Loved it!

82. Zilthy - Porch (Avengers Infinity War End Credits) I have never heard this, but if you figured it out by ear then kudos!

83. noobpianist90 - Nocturne in G Minor Op. 15 No. 3 Nice touch - loved the soft left hand. The right hand melody was easy to hear - very good work!

More to come!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
1 Teddy J

Great attempt at this complex piece after such a short time learning. I wonder if you can position those mics directly in front of each speaker for better recording quality . . . .

2 SMA55

Wonderful timbre to your instrument. A real deep, mature feel to the sound and the playing. Very well done.

3 Under Construction

Not an easy piece, and needs sparkle and panache which you have. Maybe a tad more highs and lows, extremes sort of thing. A lovely listen; I like this song, it's one o' Chopin's cheerful best.

4 Wouter 79

This wouldn't've been played on a piano in the times it was writ. But like so many others, the piano is a superb instrument of transmission. And your playing captured the flavour, harmonirs of this period tune. Maybe the trills could be tighter, but a great listen.

5 BsharpCyclist

Heard this one or two times now. Nostalgic sounding piece (to me) which sounds great on your Yamaha. Great light and shade gives a nice effect.

6 Jason Lengthe

Ahh! The first in the Bach's 48. I have all the music and I haven't done a one yet . . . Nicely played; maybe a little slower would be nice.

7 Ted Jones

A lot of experience under your belt, Ted! I like what you do; kind of go where the music takes you. Comes out a bit abstract, and experimental in nature. There's more than a bit of Rachmanninof ; perhaps Gershwin in there, neither of which I will touch on the grounds that I may incriminate myself. (Murder is still a crime in the UK)
Lots of people-energy and agitation here which calms down into a big crescendo!
Fun was had by all . . . .

8 The pianoplayer 416

A great acoustic type sound here, and a super rendition of this tuneful piece. Well done!

9 MarieJ

Lovely, relaxing and a great advert for your Pianoteq! Enigmatic and simple, takes me to a place I need to be; . . Beautiful, perhaps E's best.

10 Jazztpt

You play some great stuff, and your Roland has that bite when needed. Now, this sounds so very complex and rich. I'd understand if you had more musicians/backing assisting, but you don't. And this lacks nothing. A hard act to follow . . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
I got that lot posted before I messed up and lost 'em . . . as you do. Or as I do, anyway.

11 Swiss ms

This is one o' Chopin's offerings I'd like to try. But my missus used to play this, and others like it. She can no longer play (arthritis) so maybe I better not bother. . . .It gets very dark in the middle, and intense. I rather think Chopin wasn't altogether a happy chappie.
You capture this expression well on that monster you play. Now, you better cool it somewhat, or it'll turn round and . . . eat you!
Lovely work. Lovely piano. Have fun!

12 Pianist 685

I like Pathetique; used to play it years ago. You make a fine job of this and kind of encourage me to have another go at Beethoven's sonatas which, of course, I binned. . . well done, man!

13 Paige

You're making some nice music on your Yamaha. Nor does it sound easy. Sounds like you're having fun and learning a lot; you have a good touch and give the piece a light airy feel. Good job!

14 Alan Chandler

Such a laid back feel here, and it sings along nicely. Now, 4 and a half months isn't that long (it is when you get older of course) and you've got a good thing going on here. Lovely work.

15 Goldman T

Debussy is a bit special, I like the way he does business and this is wonderful; so expressive capturing the sheer beauty of it all, and the almost spontaneous, jazz like feel to the tune.
So, so rich.

Just past midnight. I gotta book a gym course right now for week Thursday otherwise I won't get on it . . . .be seeing you!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

23. J Soo - Prelude in G Minor (Op. 28 No. 5)
I'm now 3 weeks into returning to this piece. There are so many notes!

I've never heard it at this tempo before, but knowing the piece quite well, there was no trouble following your rhythm. I wish I could play it through like you did. More practise for me!

48. lithotriptor - Waltz Op. 69 No. 2 in B minor
Fluently played and so dance like, just what the piece asks for. Very sensible rubato applied. When you can make the birds chirp with you, there can be no better compliment!

49. Richard (zrtf90) - Staendchen
Beautiful! What an accomplishment!

50. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Moments Musicaux No. 3
So musical and enjoyable to listen to. This is one of the little gems that I enjoy playing too.

53. FrankieC - Reverie
You played like Silk. I must return to this piece someday and get to where you are!

63. Tim Adrianson - Time Remembered
It was a very musical playing and I thoroughly enjoyed it. As always, we expect nothing less from your performance.

72. JustinDAggie - Liebestraum Number 3
I learned this piece earlier this year and it's rather enjoyable to play. The phrasing and singing the melody are challenging especially if you play it slower. But to not play it slower it doesn't give a dreamy effect. So I find it a constant trade-off and continue to search for the balance between the two.

Commendable effort! I thought the opening could go slower (almost as slow as the end), so that it is more manageable to better sing the melody while the arpeggios/broken chords could be lighter to create a more dreamy effect.

Be yourself

Batch #2 (going through in random order):

31. Riddler (Ed) - Blue In Green

Nice personal take on this beautiful ballad, optimistic and outward-looking at this tempo. At times the melodic line feels a little pressed, rhythmically -- I'd like to hear it with a little more breath or space.

51. thomaspiano - Minuet in G Major

Good clean melodic line, you give this the proper light touch. Nice ornamentation.

52. qazsedcft - Prelude in B minor op. 28 no. 6

Nicely done, well controlled dynamics. Very nice use of rubato, which I think you can be still freer with.

62. MeganR - Sonata in D Minor K 32

Lovely and introspective.

33. Ralph L. - Ballad Pour Adeline

Nice easy rhythmic feel, really important in this style of music.

I left the piano for a while, but it never left me
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
97. Julie G. - You are my love (from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles)

That's a pretty piece, Julie. Well done. I don't know much about anime, interesting stuff.

96. Venu V - Sonata in D Minor K 34

Nice job, Venu. Trying to think of what my teacher would say. I would exaggerate "p" in measure 10, keeping it softer compared to measure 11. Same with measures 18 and 19. This of course is based on markings in the RCM 5 book. Good luck on the exam!

95. Pathbreaker - Prelude in E Major

Very nice, I enjoyed listening to that. Kudos to your teacher too for helping you along the way smile Welcome back to the recitals.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
First batch!

68. Moo smile - Mendelssohn Song Without Words Op 53 no 1 Loving that Mendelssohn, huh! Very rich pieces, keep them up!

69. h8dk97 - Kleine Studie Very nice, melodious piece.

70. lyricmudra - Siciliano from Flute Sonata No. 2, BWV 1031 Very cool performance - this piece has such a unique, playful sound. I listened to it twice already - really enjoyed it. The video was cool - I was watching the reflection on the fallboard.

71. Davidonabus - Over The Rainbow That was really nice. Such a classic! I'm working on this one now. I'll have to keep the voicing in mind. I had an AP620 also but sold it when I got my acoustic. Great digital.

72. JustinDAggie - Liebestraum Number 3 Nice playing of that tough Liszt piece - seemed like a marathon of notes. I'm going to listen to this one again - seems fun to play.

73. squidbot (Chris) - Mazurka in B Flat Major Op. 7 No. 1 Nice job, Chris…I think you’ll be ready for that recital soon!

74. outo - Two Keyboard Sonatas K32 and K34 Good job with these pieces.

75. Kalos Piano - Sarabande HWV 437 N. 4 Good job, nicely played. The video link doesn’t seem to work.

76. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - This Girl's In Love With You This was a nice refrain from the classical music. Can’t really hear the mistakes - sorry! Just a few hesitations but sounded otherwise clean.

77. PhilzPiano - Andante op 453 no 32 Well done, glad your hand injury is recovering.

78. Fouyaut - Sonata K332 - Allegro WOW! What an excellent performance. I personally haven’t attempted any Mozart, but he certainly has a sound all his own, with those rapid runs and triplets. Great job, glad to year it!

79. Jouishy - The little shepherd That was nice, very soothing. As I mentioned in another comment, Debussy has such a beautiful sound, so unique.

80. dddaaannn - Sonatina in A Minor, op. 214, no. 4 Very well done…that seems pretty tough for the grade level.

81. dinahp18 - Invention 13 Very nice Bach piece. Thanks for sharing.

82. Zilthy - Porch (Avengers Infinity War End Credits) Well done - isn't it amazing what you can accomplish in less than 6 months!!!

83. noobpianist90 - Nocturne in G Minor Op. 15 No. 3 Very well done…..I actually put the video on my watch later list bc I want to rewatch when I have more time. I watched initially while reading about the nuances you described, but want to register after reading your summary. Great job!

84. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonata in D Major Hob.XVI.37, First Movement Nicely played piece, great job!

85. PikaPianist - Prelude Op. 6, No.1 This is truly a gem...your playing is inspiring! I've watched a lot of your videos and all are excellent. The rubato, the dynamics, delicate touch and progressive crescendos are fantastic; they bring life to whatever you play!

86. Allysia (PianoTV) - Variations on Land of the Silver Birch Definintely an interesting piece with the movement changes, definintely one I haven't heard before. Thanks for sharing with us!

87. Ken. - Boo Boo's Birthday Sounded good, not dissonant to me, nice and short and sweet. Monk's a legend!

88. briangmoore - Menuet, French Suite #2, Bach Bravo on a fine performance. Those Bach French Suites fairly hard!

89. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Nocturne Opus 27 no.2 D flat major Well what is there to say except what an excellent performance of a Chopin Nocturne! Possibly my favorite genre.

90. Whizbang (Chris) - Pastime Rag #2 Great performance, as always....your dedication to the genre makes me wonder if you wouldn't love to travel back in time!

91. Bach to the Future - "Norse Song", Album of the Youth Very nice.

92. Mr Super-Hunky - Old and Wise That was really nice - I especially liked how the melody seemed to drift from the right hand to the left. That was after two years off and an injury??? Wow! Can't imagine it beign much better. Thanks for returning for this recital and get well soon!

93. Ralphiano (Ralph) - Hungarian Mood Ralph, that was very well done...sounds like you got a few new skills in there! I haven't encountered thirds as grace notes either. I have done legato chords, though, and once you get it, it works. Sounds like you're there. Great job. Each new skill adds to our depth!

94. MikeN/Michael Nichols - Etude Op.25 No.1 "Aeolian Harp" Wow! So fast, yet such control! It sounded like it flowed like a river. Am I going to be able to play like that in another 6-7 years? Doubt it!

95. Pathbreaker - Prelude in E Major Nice piece, very powerful. Great performance.

96. Venu V - Sonata in D Minor K 34 Sounds like you've got the notes down. I wish I could help with the exam but I'm not qualified :(, except to wish you good luck!

97. Julie G. - You are my love (from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles) Very nice, I liked that piece. Welcome to the Recitals!

98. stambler / Dave - Miss Wardlaw's Favorite Great job, Dave, very nice.

99. micael K - Ronda alla turca Too many notes! Lol seriously that was amazing - I felt exhausted just listening, I can't imagine playing this piece. The pace and intensity was relentless, from the beginning to the end. Great job!

100. Glen R. - Duet for One Glen, I liked that short piece, and I know exactly what you mean about a piece bringing out the richness of the piano. I found this on the Raindrop Prelude, which I haven't learned yet but toyed with; it's so rich, live, yet the recordings I have heard don't do it justice. Good job, keep playing!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Originally Posted by Sam S
Next batch - I'm skipping around on purpose to get some of the higher numbers.

79. Jouishy - The little shepherd I play this one too - very well done. A little more pedal for color, maybe? But its really excellent.

Thanks. That is something my teacher advise me to do, too. Maybe I should have used it even more! (it is already more than I used to ... use). Dosing pedal can be tricky (trickier than non-pianist could think).

Thanks for your feedback.

-

So, since most people starts from the beggining, I've decided I'd start right after my own submission. laugh
I've listen to a couple of pieces yesterday, then some others tonight.

Here we go!

80. dddaaannn - Sonatina in A Minor, op. 214, no. 4
I don’t know that composer, outside from name. That’s a pretty piece and well played. I felt like some “forte” were a little bit hard. I think this is caused by tensions (it is hard to play loud well, imo – and I have similar problems). I don’t have much advices, but if you have a teacher, maybe you could check with him/her.
Anyway, good job.:)

81. dinahp18 - Invention 13
I’m considering playing this for my next year exam.
Bach is soooo hard to play!
I felt a good balance between voices. I really enjoyed listening to you.

82. Zilthy - Porch (Avengers Infinity War End Credits)
I hesitated on commenting, because I don’t have much to say. I’m more into classical. But then, I try to comment for everyone and I feared you would interpret my silence as a sign I didn’t like what you did.
And you are new at the piano, so I want at least to encourage you! Your interpretation was good and nice to listen to. I hope you’ll continue playing piano and being part of the recitals.:)

83. noobpianist90 - Nocturne in G Minor Op. 15 No. 3
Chopin’s nocturnes are in my favorite classical pieces, with a preference with minor keys.
I like your nuances and dynamics. The “dreamy” part at 2m50 is very well done and inspired.

84. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonata in D Major Hob.XVI.37, First Movement
Ornaments are so cute!
I really don’t have anything useful to say. I’ve enjoyed your piece very much.

85. PikaPianist - Prelude Op. 6, No.1
Wow! The mood of that piece! It is beautiful! I’ll go check that composer tomorrow. I really hear Chopin’s nocturne.

86. Allysia (PianoTV) - Variations on Land of the Silver Birch
Hi Allysia! Thanks for making me discover this site and those recitals in particular. smile
Thanks also for the discovery of that particular piece. It is refreshing. It is very unique. I’m not a fan thought for the most part, but I like to discover new things, so that was interesting!
The part at 3 minutes is kind of floating. I really liked this particular moment.

87. Ken. - Boo Boo's Birthday
I like the jazzy feeling. Well done.

88. briangmoore - Menuet, French Suite #2, Bach
I didn’t check the score, but rythm seems to be off / irregular at times. smirk
Still, I know how easy Bach can SEEMS on the surface and how hard it is in reality! So hey! Big up for getting at this point and having the courage to present it! Maybe you could present an upgraded version next time? I would be curious to hear the progression. Good luck in all cases!

89. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Nocturne Opus 27 no.2 D flat major
Beautiful and beautiful piano sound! Wow, I love it! Or them.

90. Whizbang (Chris) - Pastime Rag #2
I don’t hear rags often and they are so fun to listen to and to play (when you can manage to do it. I’ve tried learning the Entertainer in its original form and woah! That’s to hard for me!). I felt the urge to swing! laugh Very nice playing.

91. Bach to the Future - "Norse Song", Album of the Youth
No feedback wanted, so, I’ll just say best of luck in your piano related projects. smile

92. Mr Super-Hunky - Old and Wise
Well, I wouldn’t have read about your accident and pause that I wouldn’t have noticed. Your interpretation is moving.

93. Ralphiano (Ralph) - Hungarian Mood
The mood of this piece is very peculiar. I like it. Grace notes were well done (nothing bothered me on that regard).

94. MikeN/Michael Nichols - Etude Op.25 No.1 "Aeolian Harp"
Wow! What a technically demanding piece!
It probably needs a little bit polishing (in some parts, left hand is a little bit heavy), but it is rather impressive!

95. Pathbreaker - Prelude in E Major
Nice emotion in there. I don’t know that prelude much and really enjoy hearing it.

96. Venu V - Sonata in D Minor K 34
Ouch. The recording is so bad. frown It makes it difficult to appreciate your interpretation. The piece seemed good thought.

97. Julie G. - You are my love (from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles)
Oh, an other former-clarinet player that goes to the piano! I followed the same route. Quit music for 10 years, then discovered the piano!
The piece is pretty. For a self-taught, I find this impressive (I don’t know how people manage to learn the piano by themselves!).

98. stambler / Dave - Miss Wardlaw's Favorite
No feedback wanted, so, I’ll just say best of luck in your piano related projects. smile

99. micael K - Ronda alla turca
Well, I think that you succeed at your objective. It is musical to me. Yeah, some mistakes, but considering your experience and the difficulty of the piece, it is really well done! Sometimes, putting a piece on the back burner for months / years is the best thing we can do. To improve, it is often better to tackle new pieces instead of insisting on something that is too hard for us.
I had that experience with C# minor prelude from Rachmaninoff. I’ll get back to it someday. I want to. But I lack the technical knowledge and abilities right now. And there is nothing shameful about this.
The beggining of the piece was very good. The end, less. But considering what you said, I think the best is to move on and get back to in later (if you still want to). wink

100. Glen R. - Duet for One
Pretty piece. Nice piano sound. Yeah, I feel too that acoustic and numeric piano are so different and need adaptation to go from one to the other. I feel like acoustic allows much more expression and if you have the chance to have one, play on it as much as you can!

My piano journey from day 1
Started piano on February 2016.
Pieces I'm working on :
- Rameau, Les Sauvages
- Mozart, K545, 1st mov
- Chopin, nocturne op. posth. in C# minor
- Debussy, Golliwog's cakewalk
- Pozzoli, E.R. 427, etude no. 6
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
02. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Romance
What a lovely piece! So lyrical, so gentle - I can easily believe it was a vocal piece in its first incarnation. Wonderful playing, nice left hand work throughout.

03. UnderConstruction - Grande Valse Brillante Op18
I wake up every morning with music playing in my head. During Recital Season, it's usually Chopin! Tomorrow morning, it will probably be this performance of Grande Valse Brillante! Well done, I really liked it.

06. Jason Lenthe - Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846
Beautiful playing, Jason. From the first note, you had me singing along (Ave Maria).

09. MarieJ - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete
Marie, what a lovely piece. I love the way the action switches back and forth between hands, and between themes. Beautifully executed.

Wow! Beautiful song, cool improvisation. There is a point at which the harmony goes off to a strange place, and your improv goes with it. Gets me everytime. Terrific job!

11. SwissMS - Prelude #15 op. 28 "Raindrop"
Beautiful! Very moving. And thanks for the history. I have heard this piece many times but never knew anything about the background. Well done.

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission