Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
New in our online store...
Tea Light
Tea Light with Frosted Music Staff Candle Holder

-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
55 registered members (bennevis, Beemer, BachToTheFuture, augustm, 16 invisible), 945 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: wouter79] #2739871
05/27/18 02:39 PM
05/27/18 02:39 PM
R
Ralphiano Offline
500 Post Club Member
Ralphiano  Offline
500 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by wouter79

Ralphiano , Thank you! interesting, I consider this piece as quite easy to listen to rather than compiicated - pretty straightforward harmonies, clear melody, and rondeau form. What makes it so difficult for you?

The difficulty I was referring to has to do with the experience of the listener, and specifically, what things make music rise above mere sound, and elevate into something pleasurable. I have been personally attentive to this distinction since my own tastes in music are changing, and, being very intellectually curious, I have been very interested in what exactly causes some sounds to bring pleasure while others do not. I would like to understand the metamorphosis that I, and presumably others, go through as our tastes in music change or evolve.

My current thinking and belief is that one of the factors that makes some music pleasurable is the extent to which the listener's body and mind can participate in the music being listened to. To the extent the music has predictable rhythm, most frequently from a steady beat, the listener's body can join in and participate with body movements of varying subtlety, from finger tapping or head bobbing, all the way up to full body dancing. I think the body, moving to the beat of music is pleasurable.

I also think something similar is true of melody. For me, a melody that I can anticipate allows my mind to participate in a way similar to the way my body wants to participate in rhythm. On a subtle level, my mind wants to anticipate the coming melody, probably because it wants to silently sing along. Or, if not sing along, to be able to enjoy the melody without any surprises or abrupt changes from that which it is anticipating. If my mind can sing along, it is pleasurable.

This leaves me not liking much of jazz, as, the changing rhythm and unpredictable melodies make it hard for my body and mind to engage and play along. I get the same sensation from a lot of modern music, particularly that which is non-melodic, inharmonious, and which either lacks rhythm or which lacks recognizable (and therefore, anticipatable, rhythm). They leave me unable to participate in those pleasurable ways, reducing me to an outsider, or a mere spectator.

The disconnect between myself as listener and the music I hear necessarily involves my own ability to decipher music as much as it involves the content of the music itself. So, the disconnect is not a condemnation of the music or its performance. It is, instead, the imperfect interface between a listener, with his own unique levels of discernment and desire for participation, and the music, which has on offer its own unique level of predictability in terms of rhythm and melody.

An illustrative example of how the listener's ability (or, in my case, inability) can play into the disconnect is perhaps found in your reply to my feedback. One of the things you offered as evidence that the piece easy to listen to was that it was “in rondeau form”. You know what “rondeau” means, and I confess to not knowing. Perhaps your understanding of what “rondeau” means, and my lack of understanding of it partially explains why you find the piece easy to follow, and I did not.

As I listened to your piece, I was unable to pick out things like repeating musical expressions, which, in turn, made it difficult for me to anticipate what was coming next. Whether that was from limitations in my discernment, some uninviting nature of the music, or some combination thereof, I was unable to “participate” the way my mind and body want to participate. That is the difficulty that I was referring to.

Ralph

Casio Privia PX-760
Pianoteq Stage
Pianist since April, 2015
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2739890
05/27/18 03:30 PM
05/27/18 03:30 PM
Lexington, Kentucky
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Monica K.  Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Lexington, Kentucky

91. Bach to the Future - "Norse Song", Album of the Youth: I’m envisioning Vikings loading up their ships to go to war under grey skies as I listen to you play this somber piece. Nicely done!

92. Mr Super-Hunky - Old and Wise: I have missed you, and your unique arrangements/compositions, AND your Mighty Mason a lot these past years. So glad you were able to contribute to this recital despite the bad timing. I love the bittersweet melody of this piece; it does indeed connote the regrets and nostalgia of someone looking back at lost youth.

93. Ralphpiano (Ralph) - Hungarian Mood: After reading your description of the challenges of this piece, I decided it had no business being in a collection entitled “Ten Easy Pieces.” I have trouble playing chords legato, too, and here I will confess and say I take the easy way out and pedal those suckers into submission. laugh I thought you played this very well.

94. MikeN/Michael Nichols - Etude Op.25 No.1 "Aeolian Harp": This may be my favorite classical piece in Recital #50. I’m amazed at how you played all those arpeggios so evenly and cleanly and so danged fast!! What a musical treat to listen to.

95. Pathbreaker - Prelude in E Major: I’m a big believer in playing the pieces you want to play and not necessarily only those assigned. You played this one beautifully. I especially loved those rumbly bass parts.

96. Venu V - Sonata in D Minor K 34: The more I hear of Scarlatti’s sonatas (and this recital had a lot of them!), the more I like them. You did a good job of keeping the tempo even. Your recording had a lot of clipping/distortion in it... maybe put a Zoom H2 on your Christmas list?

97. Julie G. - You are my love (from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles): Manga/anime music has some of the prettiest melodies, and this is one of them! Well played!

98. stambler / Dave - Miss Wardlaw's Favorite: I had to grin at your description of your recording (“no major train wreck”); I think that will become my new mantra and piano goal. laugh I didn’t hear any *minor* train wrecks in your recording, either; your playing sounds bouncy and easy.

99. micael K - Ronda alla turca: Oh, I know that feeling of wanting to get Just. One. Decent. Take. so you can finally put a piece to rest... I think you should feel satisfied with this one. I was particularly impressed with how cleanly and quickly you were able to play those octaves (having had considerable difficulty doing so with my own recital piece... whome )

100. Glen R. - Duet for One: When I read the title of this piece, I thought “how sad!,” and the music definitely reflects that. You give it a suitably somber touch. Just wish it weren’t so short.

And that's it! It took me longer to get through all the entries than I had hoped (darn all that housework and errands that keep getting in the way of doing fun things!). Congratulations to everybody who faced the Red Dot and survived! And I'd like to offer my deepest appreciation to everybody who took the time to listen and comment on my piece. Y'all are the best! heart

Mason & Hamlin A -- 91997
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/pianomonica
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2739925
05/27/18 05:49 PM
05/27/18 05:49 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
66 Sara M

A wonderful little song! It sounded well at your fingers; testimony to your teacher and your own ability. It flowed in goodly fashion..
And I used to keep geese and ducks. The eggs were out of this world!

67 Sand Tiger

Your compositions are taking on a lot more depth. Keep on, keep on. Never give up! Well done!

68 Moo

Nice steady playing; I liked the flow of your fingers, and loved your playing. Great to hear the page turn!

69 h8dk97

Glad to see so much of Schumann here on this and so many of our recitals. This song owes much to the first in the Bach 48, which is the instrumental of Ave Maria. Sounded so well on the acoustic. I wouldn't think dynamics were too big an issue on this.

70 Lyric Mudra

Love Bach on the piano. And yours sounds so sweet. a beautiful arrangement which is my new must have. Hope to play it half as well as you . . . but the ending begs for a decent chord.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740030
05/28/18 07:03 AM
05/28/18 07:03 AM
Italy
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
casinitaly  Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Italy
I'm really behind with my listening, so I'll do my thank you notes!
I hope to get some listening time in this week- life is settling down a bit now - thank goodness!

I really appreciate all the feedback and encouragement - it's one of the best things about these recitals, especially when there are people who've been following your progress and notice what's working better!

Peyton I cant tell you how much I love this piece. You really capture the moving elegance. And always, just that touch of sadness.

Thanks very much Peyton, I do love this piece, and I'm so glad that shows! Your comments mean a lot to me, thank you!

Pianist 685 Only one take? Perfect! A wonderful melancholy rendition of this great piece I enjoy very much.

Thank you so much Pianist685! I hope to play it in Germany, you can hear it live!

Piano_primo 1 Nice steady touch and playing, delicate at times. Enjoyed the piece. This would seem to be a hard piece without a slight accompaniment of strings.

I've never heard it with strings, but they could be nice! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you.

Ralphiano ow, that was very nice. I can see/hear why you love this one! It's nice that you are painting. I was intrigued by the one with the path, as, I look at art as being communicative. When the artist includes something (like a path) to direct my eyes to something, that is where I tend to go. I enjoyed the video and your playing.

Thank you Ralph!-- yes, this piece charmed me from the moment I heard it - and it still does! I like that the path caught your attention -that's what it is supposed to do! Success!

Riddler Well done, Cheryl, very flowing and lyrical. I loved it!

Thanks very much Ed! I appreciate that!

Frankie C Beautiful! I like your phrasing and touch. I thought you played this very well.

Thank you Frankie - I am so glad you liked it.

cmb13 Very nice waltz, love the paintings! Some were really good! Just started? I wanted to buy one of them (esp the flowers at 00:23)

So glad you loved the package! Some of the paintings are available for sale, including flowers 00:23 - some are already gone! smile

akc42 This is definitely one on my list to tackle before I am to old to play. Beautiful playing. I hope when I get to it I can do it justice like you did.

Jakc - start now! I started looking at it 6 years ago (and it was waay too hard for me - but I did learn some of the basics for it, which really helped when I came back to it this year. It thrills me to hear you say I've done it justice. I was determined I wouldn't record it til I felt I could do a good job on it!

monica K Congratulations on achieving one of your aspiration pieces! The sad, poignant main melody of the waltz is balanced well by the delicate ornamentations (which sound to me to be the most challenging parts of the piece). I really enjoyed seeing your artwork, too; my favorite was the very last painting, starting at 3:04. Something about the color combination and the curved tree trunks.

Thanks so very much Monica! I worked hard on the ornamentations (and my teacher has the patience of a saint, getting me to recognize the differences in how to get them right!) --- The painting you particularly liked is my effort at copying a Tom Thompson, Group of Seven artist - his is called "Silver Birches" and done in oil, mine is pastel. We always have a Group of Seven calendar in our home and I especially liked this one.

noobpianist90 Very nicely played! I liked the stately tempo and the soaring melody. Most performances play this very fast. It was interesting to hear it at this tempo. Getting it in one take is an impressive feat. For me, either I get it in the first couple of takes, or I'll have to go into the realm of 20+ takes. It's great that you accomplished one of your long term target pieces! I still don't have the courage to start on mine.
I haven't tried this waltz myself. When I first listened to it, I remember thinking, "it's too pretty" grin Maybe I'll try sight reading it, but I think all those ledger lines will probably cause me to stumble.
The paintings were a nice touch. They went well with the music. You have many talents smile

Thank you so much for your comments! I can play it a bit faster now, but not a lot, and I am not aiming to go too much faster because I honestly don't believe that's the character of the piece. I think about dancing to it - a Vienese Waltz - and I don't feel it should be signficantly faster.
As for the number of takes, I try to limit myself. If I don't have it in 3-4, I give up. If I get something that sounds good on the first take, I rarely try for a "perfect" second take... perfection just doesn't happen.
As for the ledger lines - I've been working on several pieces that have them and trust me, they really do get easier very quickly.
I suggest you take your courage in hand and get started on your favourite piece. I started this one six years ago, and had to put it aside as it really was too advanced for me at the time - but what I learned then stayed with me and helped when I came back to it.

peterws Good feel to this Cheryl; your touch is gentle and sweet, mellow and soothing and so are your paintings. They are very good. Have you tried computer painting? "My Paint" is an excellent free paint programme with brushes, pencils, palettes et al; I use it all the time.

Thank you so much Peter! I love this piece and it is really starting to flow for me, I'm glad I can transmit that a bit! The painting is very new - I haven't tried computer painting - one of the reasons for doing it is to get relaxing time AWAY from the computer! But I've taken note of your suggestion and will have a look - it might help me with perspective or getting lighting right! Thanks for the tip.

Sam S OK, I loved the cat painting. Loved your playing too. Let's see, piano, painting - you're having too much fun!

Yes, yes, I am having tons of fun! Thanks Sam.

swissms I love the gentle flow you give the piece. You phrased it beautifully, and your ornaments sound effortless. Your playing sounds very solid. Really nice job, especially in one take! I enjoyed seeing your paintings too!

Thanks Doris! I love that it sounds "solid" - it feels great under my hands and I think I play it even better than when I recorded it - (about six, seven weeks ago). Glad you like the paintings too!

kalos you played nicely and your paintings were a perfect complement to the music

Thanks very much Kalos! I really appreciate that feedback!

sma55 Just beautiful, Cheryl. Your performance was lovely and delicate. Great job!
Thanks so much Shepherd, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

elaine allegro I watched the video – a double artistic treat to see your own excellent paintings and hear the quality of your playing in this piece. You’ve definitely mastered this, and clearly convey the emotions behind this! Lovely! (What’s next in your list of longed-for pieces?)

Thanks so much Elaine! That's really lovely feedback!.....I don't know what my next piece is, I've done my three most-longed for now (and I'm keeping them fresh).... I have a few ideas but nothing as close to my heart as these were/are!

bSharp(c)ylist Well done, Cheryl. It was beautiful. Your paintings are fantastic too.
Well thank you very much! I am so glad you enjoyed the music and the paintings too!

RalphL Loved your music and painting. Nice video
Thanks RalphL - Very glad you liked them!

Glen R. - Great piece and artwork! And since I remember you starting the AOTW thread way back, I was curious so listened to your first ABF recital (first of 36!) from May 2010. It's great to see the progression, and the significantly increased confidence -- you must be proud of yourself!

Glen - that's so cool that you went back to listen to my first recording. I had to double check what I played ....yes, I've come a way since then (thank goodness!) -thanks for your feedback and your enthusiasm about my playing and art, you made my day.

MarieJ Cheryl, that was a real feast for the ears and the eyes. Loved the piece, loved the playing, loved the pastels!

Thanks so much Marie - I am delighted that you enjoyed both parts of the package. I had so much fun doing all of it!

[Linked Image]

Currently working on: Chopin Waltz in Amin (post), Chopin Nocturne in Cmin (post)
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Monica K.] #2740107
05/28/18 12:36 PM
05/28/18 12:36 PM
Sioux Falls, SD
B
briangmoore Offline
briangmoore  Offline
B
Sioux Falls, SD

88. briangmoore - Menuet, French Suite #2, Bach: I’m glad you submitted this, even if you thought it still had “glaring problems” (which were not at all glaring to me...). I was impressed by how evenly you pulled off those long trills at about the 0:50 and 1:22 marks!

Monica K.: thanks for listening! About trills, in this case it is helped by the fact that I used a grand piano on this. It has a light action and makes trills much easier. On my upright at home, it's much harder.

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740156
05/28/18 04:42 PM
05/28/18 04:42 PM
W
wouter79 Offline
4000 Post Club Member
wouter79  Offline
4000 Post Club Member
W
Ralphiano
Thanks for the detalied elucidation!

Yes you are right, and I didn't realize so much . Being familiar with musical constructs in a given style makes other music in the same style understandable. And there are probably a lot more style things in here than I consciously realize. The melody lines are much longer than say Beethoven stuff with 2-second "themes". The beat is much more subtle, in a dance it would be more clear but this isn't even a dance. After having heard many of this, it seems to automatically make sense to me, but without that experience I can imagine it sounds more like random notes

Actually it's very much the same with paintings from that era. There are huge amounts of symbols interwoven in the picture, and without that you basically miss the entire point of the painting.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740183
05/28/18 06:27 PM
05/28/18 06:27 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
71 Davidonabus

So many super jazzy version of this! Lovely sound and sympathetic playing, and those chords are magic! Great job.

72 JustinDAggie

Nice work. A great piece with a load of work involved in it! Almost there now. hard isn't it? smile

73 Squidbot

A worthy piece for your recital! Must be nerve wracking; Will I? Won't I? very nearly there, but these things take ages to perfect. We all wish you well!

74 Outo

Love this old stuff; it creates so much atmosphere. Your piano sounded fine to me. Good job, man.

75 Kalos Piano

Lovely work. Steady and resolute. Sounded good to me; great tune!

More soon, guys!

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740358
05/29/18 10:42 AM
05/29/18 10:42 AM
S
SMA55 Offline
SMA55  Offline
S
77. PhilzPiano - Andante op 453 no 32
Very nice! I enjoyed your performance. And I wish you continued (and hopefully speedy) recovery from your hand injury.

78. Fouyaut - Sonata K332 - Allegro
I enjoyed this very much. And I think you played it really, really well! Mistakes? Sure, there were a few. But take heart—anything short of perfection with Mozart is usually pretty evident, as I’m sure you know. And perfection is ridiculously difficult to achieve with piano (at least for me and those whom I know). Great work!

83. noobpianist90 - Nocturne in G Minor Op. 15 No. 3
I enjoyed your performance. Your playing is expressive and communicative, in part due to your excellent touch and in part due to your putting dynamics to good use. Well done!

84. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonata in D Major Hob.XVI.37, First Movement
Wow! That was truly splendid! Whenever I myself undertake a piece by Haydn (or Mozart), I know I’m going to be busy for quite awhile. You should be proud of this accomplishment. Great performance!

89. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Nocturne Opus 27 no.2 D flat major
Very nice performance, Paul! I enjoyed it!

94. MikeN/Michael Nichols - Etude Op.25 No.1 "Aeolian Harp"
Wow! Simply amazing! Great job!

99. micael K - Ronda alla turca
Good for you! You gave yourself permission to have fun with this difficult piece, and forgot about any errors you made. You seem relaxed and do seem to be having fun. That’s what playing piano should be all about. Really good work, Michael!

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740431
05/29/18 02:38 PM
05/29/18 02:38 PM
UK
P
PhilzPiano Offline
PhilzPiano  Offline
P
UK
51. thomaspiano - Minuet in G Major - Nice clean playing and I loved the trills!

52. qazsedcft - Prelude in B minor op. 28 no. 6 - One of my favourite Chopin preludes. Some nice contrasts in your playing between loud and soft sections. It's a piece to keep playing and improving. Don't put it aside!

53. FrankieC - Reverie - Lovely dramatic piece. Very enjoyable to listen to. Great playing.

54. Greywullf - Espana Op. 165: Preludio and Capriccio Catalano - Interesting piece. I'm guessing it was transcribed from a classical guitar piece? Great atmosphere. Well played.

55. NancyM333 - A Special Place in Your Heart - I'm not sure I would call that an easy piece! Good flow and nicely played!

56. Serge88 - La Maladie d'Amour - Sounded very tuneful, especially the higher notes. Very nice.

57. Greener/Jeff - Schindler's List - Lovely piece - such a sad subject. Nice emotive playing.

58. dumka1 - Sonata in f minor K 466 - Sounded great to me. Even playing and I could hear the voices. Well done.

59. ElaineAllegro - Piano Sonata No. 8 in C minor, Op. 13 (Pathetique), 2nd movement - I love this piece. It has some fiddly bits, but you have mastered them! Well played.

60. Pavel.K - Mignon Op.68 No.35 - I'm not familiar with this piece, but I really enjoyed hearing you play it. Nice clear rendering by Pianoteq too. Very good.

61. Keselo - Quasi Adagio - Quite a haunting piece! Very nicely played. Well done.

62. MeganR - Sonata in D Minor K 32 - Scarlatti wrote some interesting pieces. I can hear the voices in this one. As you say, everyone needs a sad piece to play! I really enjoyed it.

63. Tim Adrianson - Time Remembered - A good piece to play when in a pensive mood! Very nice.

64. joangolfing - Twelve Variations on "Ah, Vous Dirai-Je, Maman" - Sounds like a fun piece to play. I really liked the part with the dramatically rising bass line in the left hand.

65. xyzzy - Dreamsville - Nice relaxing piece. Well played.

66. Sara_M - "For Children", volume 1, no. 2. Children's Song - Very well played. I think you got the timing just right. Very good.

68. Moo smile - Mendelssohn Song Without Words Op 53 no 1 - Very nice piece. Loved the key changes (if that's the right terminology!) Very musical.

69. h8dk97 - Kleine Studie - Very interesting piece! I might have a look at this one myself. I thought your playing flowed beautifully.

70. lyricmudra - Siciliano from Flute Sonata No. 2, BWV 1031 - I've not heard this piece before, but really enjoyed it. Beautifully played.

71. Davidonabus - Over The Rainbow - A very musical rendition of this well known piece! Very good.

72. JustinDAggie - Liebestraum Number 3 - One of my favourite pieces.Wish I could play it! Sounded great.

73. squidbot (Chris) - Mazurka in B Flat Major Op. 7 No. 1 - You've done very well to be able to play this after only two years of learning. Well done.

75. Kalos Piano - Sarabande HWV 437 N. 4 - Great piece to choose! You captured the drama beautifully. Well played.

Kawai CA67
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740445
05/29/18 03:27 PM
05/29/18 03:27 PM
UK
P
PhilzPiano Offline
PhilzPiano  Offline
P
UK
76. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - This Girl's In Love With You - I do like a bit of Burt! Nice happy song, well played.

78. Fouyaut - Sonata K332 - Allegro - What a fabulous piece! Bright and breezy with some seriously difficult bars thrown in for good measure. Classic Mozart, expertly played.

79. Jouishy - The little shepherd - Great playing on a most impressive piano! I shall look forward to your next submission at the next recital!

80. dddaaannn - Sonatina in A Minor, op. 214, no. 4 - I'm not familiar with this composer, but I enjoyed the piece. Well played.

81. dinahp18 - Invention 13 - I love this piece. As with all Bach, it's the timing that makes it work. You did a great job.

82. Zilthy - Porch (Avengers Infinity War End Credits) - Most impressive for 5 months of playing! Well done.

83. noobpianist90 - Nocturne in G Minor Op. 15 No. 3 - Always good to see a Chopin nocturne in these recitals. Some great crescendos in there. Loved your playing.

84. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonata in D Major Hob.XVI.37, First Movement - The piano may have been bouncing, but it certainly sounds like you had it under control! Very impressive playing.

85. PikaPianist - Prelude Op. 6, No.1 - What a lovely piece. I can hear the Chopin influence. Beautifully played.

86. Allysia (PianoTV) - Variations on Land of the Silver Birch - This piece is completely new to me, but I thought you did a great job. I hope your examiner thought so too!

87. Ken. - Boo Boo's Birthday - Interesting piece. Well played.

88. briangmoore - Menuet, French Suite #2, Bach - A complex piece! I could hear the voices separating nicely. Well played.

89. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Nocturne Opus 27 no.2 D flat major - Probably my favourite Chopin nocturne. Expertly played.

90. Whizbang (Chris) - Pastime Rag #2 - Always interesting to hear different piano styles at the recital. Very good.

92. Mr Super-Hunky - Old and Wise - Glad you are making a good recovery from your injury. The piece was very impressive. Well played and written!

93. Ralphiano (Ralph) - Hungarian Mood - Nice even playing. Well done.

94. MikeN/Michael Nichols - Etude Op.25 No.1 "Aeolian Harp" - A very complex piece, totally mastered. Great playing.

95. Pathbreaker - Prelude in E Major - Great recording. A good expansive sound, with your playing capturing the drama of the piece. Very enjoyable.

96. Venu V - Sonata in D Minor K 34 - I thought this was a very good effort. I will leave those with more experience than me to offer helpful advice.

97. Julie G. - You are my love (from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles) - A lovely piece that I've not heard before. Well played.

98. stambler / Dave - Miss Wardlaw's Favorite - Nice piece, played very well.

99. micael K - Ronda alla turca - Very impressive for 5 years of experience. Great playing.

100. Glen R. - Duet for One - This isn't showing on the streaming player for some reason. Good full sound, well played.

Well that's it. What a great recital! I feel quite inspired to get on with my learning now. Well done everyone.

Kawai CA67
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740498
05/29/18 06:35 PM
05/29/18 06:35 PM
Near Yosemite, California
MeganR Offline
Silver Subscriber
MeganR  Offline
Silver Subscriber
46. Roger Ransom - Stardust A wonderful rendition of a great classic.

47. Michael. (Mike) - Gymnopedie No.3 Nice dynamics, really enjoyed listening. I've got this same piece on my to do list.

48. lithotriptor - Waltz Op. 69 No. 2 in B minor Love these waltzes and love the sound of your piano.

49. Richard (zrtf90) - Staendchen Truly a pleasure listening to this beautiful piece.

50. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Moments Musicaux No. 3 Another real treat, really enjoyed listening to your deft touch with this piece.

51. thomaspiano - Minuet in G Major Wonderful job with this piece, trills were great.

52. qazsedcft - Prelude in B minor op. 28 no. 6 Very nicely played, it sounds as if you are making good musical choices with this piece.

53. FrankieC - Reverie This was great, indeed sent me into a spot of "just" listening.

54. Greywullf - Espana Op. 165: Preludio and Capriccio Catalano Count me as another who didn't know Albeniz, loved listening to this new-to-me music. The other three movements will also be a treat I have no doubt.

55. NancyM333 - A Special Place in Your Heart Really enjoyed this piece, thanks for the introduction to this composer, I'll have to explore a bit more.

56. Serge88 - La Maladie d'Amour A sweet and lovely song, played beautifully.

57. Greener/Jeff - Schindler's List You played this with such sensitivity.

58. dumka1 - Sonata in f minor K 466 One of my favorites of Scarlatti's, well done!

59. ElaineAllegro - Piano Sonata No. 8 in C minor, Op. 13 (Pathetique), 2nd movement Sigh, so beautiful.

60. Pavel.K - Mignon Op.68 No.35 A couple of others have commented that this has a somewhat contemporary sound - I think so but I do think other Schumann pieces have that same quality. Really enjoyed listening.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740501
05/29/18 06:46 PM
05/29/18 06:46 PM
D
dumka1 Offline
dumka1  Offline
D
I'm a little behind on listening but would like to thank those who have commented on my Scarlatti submission. J Soo's observation about the left hand not being always perfectly even is spot on: after seeing this comment, I listened to my recording again and for the first time noticed some rushed spots (although I had listened to it several times before)--funny how this works (we often hear what we think we're playing and not what we're actually playing). Between that recording and my teacher's recital on May 20th, I started playing it more evenly and fluidly and did a better job at the recital I believe (with some small mistakes but musically better; also, I was playing on a grand piano in a church, so the sound was really nice). Thanks again, such an amazing recital!

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740509
05/29/18 07:07 PM
05/29/18 07:07 PM
MeganR Offline
Silver Subscriber
MeganR  Offline
Silver Subscriber
My last batch of comments. And now I'm going to just listen to the whole thing again just to enjoy!

71. Davidonabus - Over The Rainbow A wonderful rendition of this beloved song. Voicing was great.

72. JustinDAggie - Liebestraum Number 3 Loved this, beautiful. I also noticed the little cutie on the wall behind you. smile

73. squidbot (Chris) - Mazurka in B Flat Major Op. 7 No. 1 A fun piece that sounds pretty difficult to play, well done!

74. outo - Two Keyboard Sonatas K32 and K34 I also submitted K32, I just love that piece. You're inspiring me to learn the other one also.

75. Kalos Piano - Sarabande HWV 437 N. 4 Nicely played, I'm inspired by this one as well, I am fond of Handel and I hadn't known this piece before.

76. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - This Girl's In Love With You I started "singing along" before you even started playing, great piece, really enjoyed!

77. PhilzPiano - Andante op 453 no 32 Sorry to hear about your hand injury, glad you are on the road to recovery. Loved listening.

78. Fouyaut - Sonata K332 - Allegro This sounds hard, wow one take! Well done!

79. Jouishy - The little shepherd What an interesting piece, I was not familiar with this one, really liked it. Great playing.

80. dddaaannn - Sonatina in A Minor, op. 214, no. 4 I get nervous like that too, it's death to even think the thought "it's going ok". Really enjoyed.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740608
05/30/18 05:29 AM
05/30/18 05:29 AM
Dorset, UK
S
sandalholme Online content
500 Post Club Member
sandalholme  Online Content
500 Post Club Member
S
Dorset, UK
I have been away on a trip and have added processing over 1,300 images to my recital prep. (I say to my photographic friends I'm a better pianist than I am a photographer and to my pianist friends the opposite) Many, many thanks to J Soo, Monica K, SwissMS, pianoprimo1, Ralphiano, FrankieC, cmb13, akc42, SMA55, noobpianist90, peterws, Sam S, casinitaly, Marie J, MeganR, bSharp(c)yclist, PhilzPiano for all your kind and helpful comments. Re pedalling: I was brought up on Bach and spent 20 years playing the harpsichord rather than the piano and I've noticed I use the pedal more on the acoustic I have access to than on the ES7. I know I use "flutter" pedalling a lot - maybe less of that and more foot flat to the floor! I worry too that I tend to be late in releasing the pedal which perhaps is inhibiting me. More self-listening needed. I was heartened by the positive comments on dynamics: I run Pianoteq at 60dB range, which gets closer to the acoustic range and still feel sometimes that there's not enough contrast between pp and ff. Using 60dB also makes pp playing more tricky. Yes, I have had comments before about too much weight in the bass; more self-listening!

Thank you too for your best wishes for the recital. Just over a week to go. Yes, Philzpiano, I am primarily now playing through each half as if for an audience and it's mostly secure. Then go back and redo the fluffs.

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: MeganR] #2740700
05/30/18 12:27 PM
05/30/18 12:27 PM
Quebec city, QC
Jouishy Offline
Jouishy  Offline
Quebec city, QC
Originally Posted by PhilzPiano
79. Jouishy - The little shepherd - Great playing on a most impressive piano! I shall look forward to your next submission at the next recital!

Thanks!

I wish I could have that piano in my living room! laugh

Originally Posted by MeganR
79. Jouishy - The little shepherd What an interesting piece, I was not familiar with this one, really liked it. Great playing.

Thank you. This is one of the only "accessible pieces" from Debussy. It is far from my favorite, but I still enjoy playing it.
I'll try a more challenging one next year : the golliwog cake walk. I hope I'll manage to play it as well as this one! smile

My piano journey from day 1
Started piano on February 2016.
Pieces I plan to learn this summer :
- Mozart K545, 3rd mov
- Tina's theme from FF VI piano collections
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740710
05/30/18 01:02 PM
05/30/18 01:02 PM
Finland
O
outo Offline
3000 Post Club Member
outo  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
O
Finland
I have been really slow...but now I will have some time (4 weeks!) off from work and can devote a lot of time on piano things smile

Thanks everyone for your kind comments on my humble contribution to the recital...

15. GoldmanT - Bruyeres
That was lovely! And you are right, I did not notice the wrong notes...

16. peterws - Troublesome Treadmill
Cool! Both the compostion and the performance. And even with sheet music included!

17. cmb13 - Craig - Consolation 3 in Db - Lento Placido
This is a beautiful piece and beautifully played.

18. JoBert - Abendmusik (Evening Music), Opus 99, No. 12
Very well played! The piece to me sounds very...Schumann smile

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740714
05/30/18 01:14 PM
05/30/18 01:14 PM
Finland
O
outo Offline
3000 Post Club Member
outo  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
O
Finland
19. Peyton - Message From Space- Music For a Moon Landing
More orignal music, great! I have always been into space things and I will definitely listen to this one the next time I get to land on moon!

20. fishandchips - French Suite No. 4 in E-flat major BWV 815 - Allemande
Really good work with this one!
I always get nervous towards the end of my recordings especially if I am happy with my playing...

21. Sam S - Pocket Size Sonata 2 - Moderato (and Mellow)
I so admire you for working to become such a versatile musician...great accompanying! I'll put this sonata into my pocket and carry it around for a while smile

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740828
05/30/18 06:05 PM
05/30/18 06:05 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
76 Yamaha G3&P80

Good material for play by ear stuff. You can easily pull it about, but the sheets tell you the correct notes in the correct order plus a whole lot more. So does the song itself, and it's sometimes worth the trouble to sort these things out eventually. It does take time and effort, (it's a good habit to get into) and only you can determine whether it's worth it. Sounded pretty good to me as it was, but . . . well, y'know . . .

77 Philzpiano

Nicely played Phil. a pretty piece. You could've played it again, Sam . . . .

78 Fouyaut

What a good listen. You played that like a good 'un, your U3 sounded excellent. I been liking Mozart more and more lately. You captured Mozart's personality so well and your trills and stuffs were awesome! Nice definitive end, too.

79 Juishy

Strange to my ears. The tune doesn't seem to go anywhere; a languid piece which maybe is a small reflection on a languid situation. Or something else! It was played well, no doubt about it. But maybe I' m past appreciating the finer points . . . .I better keep away from music teachers. Who knows what they throw at you . . .! Have fun.

80 dddaaannn

Nicely played. Decent piece for you to chew on. I never heard any mistakes, darn good effort.

More later guys. I enjoyed this. The recital has been a good one and it's a privilege to be a part of it all.

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740843
05/30/18 07:23 PM
05/30/18 07:23 PM
Quebec city, QC
Jouishy Offline
Jouishy  Offline
Quebec city, QC
Hi Peterws. Thanks for your comment, even though you didn't like the piece.

Do not blame the teacher though. It is not my favorite piece, but I enjoy certain aspects of it, otherwise I wouldn't have played it. wink

My piano journey from day 1
Started piano on February 2016.
Pieces I plan to learn this summer :
- Mozart K545, 3rd mov
- Tina's theme from FF VI piano collections
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Jouishy] #2740861
05/30/18 09:10 PM
05/30/18 09:10 PM
Ohio
M
MikeN Offline
500 Post Club Member
MikeN  Offline
500 Post Club Member
M
Ohio
Aww, folks don’t like “The Little Shepherd”. That’s depressing. It’s such a cute little thing. To each their own though.

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740895
05/31/18 12:39 AM
05/31/18 12:39 AM
India
noobpianist90 Offline
500 Post Club Member
noobpianist90  Offline
500 Post Club Member
India
51. thomaspiano - Minuet in G Major
Nicely done. This was my first recital submission smile
The ornaments were nicely done. The staccato parts in the B section sounded excellent.
The only suggestion I have is to make the tempo more even. I notice that you speed up and down sharply. This could probably be an interpretive decision, but I think this piece sounds very nice when played at a more even tempo.

52. qazsedcft - Prelude in B minor op. 28 no. 6
Well played! Although, as you say, the recording quality could be better, I did enjoy the performance.
I liked how the melody in the bass was brought out and how the accompaniment was subdued. The only thing I can suggest would be to maybe slow down a little bit overall.

53. FrankieC - Reverie
That was fantastic! I loved it! Beautiful performance of a lovely piece.
The reflective sections were played very sensitively and expressively, and the dramatic parts were very lively.
I also really like the sound of your piano, and the recording was also very well balanced.
I enjoyed it a lot. My favourite part was the theme at 0:30 that repeats at 3:15.

54. Greywullf - Espana Op. 165: Preludio and Capriccio Catalano
This is new music for me. The only piece by Albeniz I'm familiar with is Asturias.
I liked this performance a lot. My favourite part was when the theme changed at around 1:40. Nice!

55. NancyM333 - A Special Place in Your Heart
Nice! More new music. I have not come across this composer before. I liked it. Short and sweet.

56. Serge88 - La Maladie d'Amour
I'm discovering a lot of new music in this recital. I like this music. Flowing melody and smooth accompaniment.
I'm very impressed that you arranged this by ear. You're very skilled at this!
Your setup is really nice. I imagine reading sheet music off that large screen would be very useful. Though I think I would have found the slideshow very distracting while playing smile

57. Greener/Jeff - Schindler's List
Well played! This music has a reflective feel to it. The recording was also nice, very clean. I liked that part around 1:35. Like a mix of legato and staccato. Nice!

58. dumka1 - Sonata in f minor K 466
This is an interesting sonata. I liked it. I liked how you play the ornaments and grace notes. Very cleanly done.
Also, some parts were a bit more staccato than I would have played. I think it might sound nicer if it were to flow a bit more. That might just be the recording, however.

59. ElaineAllegro - Piano Sonata No. 8 in C minor, Op. 13 (Pathetique), 2nd movement
I really liked your performance! Excellent choice of tempo, and well balanced melody and accompaniment. The piano also sounds really lovely.
While I haven't started playing this piece yet, I have studied the music a fair bit, and have formed ideas on how I will eventually play this. So I'm just sharing some ideas, not necessarily offering suggestions or critique smile
I think the turn in bar 20 could have been timed a bit better. I really like Barenboim's way of playing this part. He slows down noticeable while playing the turn in bar 20, and then he speeds up for the figuration in the next measure. The overall effect is very appealing to me.
In the section from bar 24 to bar 28, I notice you play it in a detached, almost staccato sort of way, I'm not entirely sure I agree with that approach. It is interesting. Maybe I should listen to it a few more timees before I make up my mind.
In the section from bar 45 to bar 51, I think if you start it more softly, you could build up to the forte more dramatically. And suddenly swithing to piano in bar 52 makes for a very interesting effect.
In most other places, it was almost exactly how I would like to play it, except for maybe an overall slower tempo, and adding a bit of rubato during the crescendos and diminuendos. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed listening to it smile

60. Pavel.K - Mignon Op.68 No.35
I'm not very familiar with this piece, although I have heard it before. I liked it. Nice choice of tempo, and clear articulation.
Your pianoteq settings also sound really nice. Very clean, yet not too thin sounding.
I have a couple of suggestions though. The melody and accompaniment are often heard together in the right hand. You should try and subdue the accompaniment and bring out the melody more. This has a really pleasing effect. This is a lot more easily said than done, though. I find this quite challenging to do as well. Overall, it sounded nice smile

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740923
05/31/18 05:38 AM
05/31/18 05:38 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber
Queensland Australia
31. Riddler (Ed) - Blue In Green Lovely relaxing, dreamy-late-night feeling to this one. Piano bar style at its best - where’s my cocktail?

32. Alyssa S - It's Quiet Uptown (From Hamilton) I didn’t know what to expect - but I loved the arrangement, and I loved your sensitive, expressive touch.

33. Ralph L. - Ballad Pour Adeline Not as easy as some may think, playing with a backing track so early in your journey - you handled that very well indeed.

34. dynamobt/Marilyn - Op 26 Theme and Var I Marilyn, with a new hip it’s a wonder you can sit comfortably long enough just to play this - let alone sit for the time it must have taken to polish it so well. Lovely!

35. Piano_primo_1 - Winter Light The dynamics reveal just how much this piece means to you. That was beautifully played. Thank you!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-L

An hour or two with my Yamaha C3 and Einaudi's music - STILL my idea of happiness.
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2740967
05/31/18 10:00 AM
05/31/18 10:00 AM
Germany
P
patH Offline
500 Post Club Member
patH  Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
Germany
I just finished listening to all pieces. smile

I don't feel comfortable commenting on any particular performance, so I'll just say: Thanks to all who participated. Lots of different music.
And thanks to all those who commented on my playing.

Everything is possible, and nothing is sure.
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2741076
05/31/18 07:06 PM
05/31/18 07:06 PM
Nampa, Idaho
D
dinahp18 Offline
dinahp18  Offline
D
Nampa, Idaho
The variety of pieces is so enjoyable, educational as well. Will try to listen to several pieces a day. I'm still in the learning mode as always so my comments are not technical. Once again, thanks for the feedback on Bach Invention #13. Really appreciated.

5. BSharp(C)yclist - High Heels - Einaudi. Absolutely lovely and calming. I thought you played with great expression and depth. Really enjoyed this.

14. akc42(Alan Chandler) - Pathetique Sonata Op 13, 2nd movement - Beethoven. This is a beautiful piece. The left hand voicing stood out wonderfully.

29. Balezin Dmitriy - LaLaLand - Hurwitz, Justin. Playful, upbeat piece.

32. Alyssa S - It's Quiet Uptown - Miranda, Lin-Manuel. I'm unfamiliar with this but thanks for helping me to expand my horizons. Have to say liked the sound of your instrument.

71. Davidonabus - Over the Rainbow - Shearing. Awesome arrangement. Visions of Judy Garland cannot be avoided.

78. Fouyaut - Mozart K332 - Allegro. Inspiring and lovely!

86. Allysia PianoTV - Variations on Land of the Silver Birch - Gallant. Interesting piece as you said and yes, exuberant. Wow, what an ending. So glad you mentioned the recital on your channel BTW.

88. briangmoore - Menuet French Suite 2 - Bach. Great left hand voicing. Bach is difficult to play and I think these pieces take so much patience and slow practice.

91. Bach to the Future - Norse Song, Album of the Future - Schumann. Very "grand" sounding. Loved the bass line/sound especially.

99. Micaelk - Ronda alla Turca - Mozart. Enjoyable to listen to and happy (at least that is how this strikes me). I haven't played it for a while and it will be a brush up summer project. Thanks for inspiring.

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2741178
06/01/18 06:10 AM
06/01/18 06:10 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber
Queensland Australia
41. Michael K. - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 9 "Pesther Karneval" S. 244 … ten minutes later I picked my jaw up off the floor where it had fallen … smile that was a superb performance. Congratulations!

42. patH (Patrick Hollstein) - Play Piano Play, Nr.4 It sounds as if you had enormous fun and enjoyment playing this piece - so did we, listening to it.

43. Tootles - The Carnival of Venice You must be proud of your progress - very well done!

44. Arluster Turner - Prelude in E-Minor Opus 28 #4 One of my favourite Chopin compositions. You played it with great sensitivity - lovely.

45. sinophilia - Of Foreign Lands and Peoples op. 15 no. 1 A confident and enjoyable performance of another favourite of mine. Congratulations on nailing a great recording in a single take - an absolute impossibility for me!

An hour or two with my Yamaha C3 and Einaudi's music - STILL my idea of happiness.
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2741185
06/01/18 07:02 AM
06/01/18 07:02 AM
S
SMA55 Offline
SMA55  Offline
S
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
02. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Romance (to do)
Fantastic! Video was awesome. How many cameras do you have rolling?

Thank you! 4 total--a Zoom Q8 camera, my iPhone, my iPad, and a laptop. Would have been so much easier with the right equipment--and a few cameramen, haha.

Thank you also to Ralph L., Glen R., and PhilzPiano, who all snuck in with kind comments since my previous thank you note to others. And of course, thank you to all of the powers that be for organizing and administering this recital!

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2741357
06/01/18 04:48 PM
06/01/18 04:48 PM
Massachusetts
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Pathbreaker  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Massachusetts
Amazing recital! Thanks for listening and commenting on my piece and a special thanks to the organizers and players!

I will try to answer questions and make other comments over the weekend. smile

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2741402
06/01/18 07:26 PM
06/01/18 07:26 PM
Nampa, Idaho
D
dinahp18 Offline
dinahp18  Offline
D
Nampa, Idaho
Sandalholme - Song w/o Words Op 102 No 4: Well done. Mendelssohn has written several under this title, I believe. They are gorgeous.

Casinitaly (Cheryl) - Chopin Waltz Am Posth. N. 19 (B150): Thank you for this piece. Yes, an accomplishment to play almost anything written by Chopin in my opinion. Truly beautiful. Lovely paintings!

Last edited by dinahp18; 06/01/18 07:27 PM.
Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2741498
06/02/18 06:44 AM
06/02/18 06:44 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber
Queensland Australia
Skipping back a bit -

36. Tubbie0075 - Mozart Sonata K331, 1st Movement You weren’t the only one to benefit from the practice sessions - we were certainly beneficiaries too. You truly deserve top marks for this one!

37. Snejana - Etude in A Minor I can see how this little composition would grow on you - a good choice, very nicely played.

38. Ganddalf - Andante sostenuto from Sonata D960 What a beautiful, sad piece. Your very expressive dynamics made this very special indeed. Thank you Ganddalf.

39. Claudemir Medeiros - Waltz in A minor Very nicely played, with excellent ornaments. Particularly impressive given your short time at the piano!

40. Debusselchen - boring Barock maybe? NOT slow, definitely NOT boring - keep doing whatever you’re doing, because the result is just marvellous.

Re: Recital 50 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2741581
06/02/18 02:32 PM
06/02/18 02:32 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
81 Dinahp18

This Bach also has bite. Relentless, bumpy train ride through the signals, crossing, switches and coming quickly to rest in the station. I liked it; sounded great on your Boston.

82 Zilthy

Don't know the tune, but sounded splendid and powerful to me. Great piano sound too. Well done!

83 noobpianist90

This seems a mixture of Chopin, Tudor and Russian Orthodox during the quiet bit. A Good Mix! Definitely. I was waiting, waiting for that major chord at the end. And it was there!! Yaaay! Kudos. Or is it roubles?

84 Mel lem

Sounds lovely and bright with so much joy and expression. Now, the keyboard isn't one of the best, but it's fast and gets the job done. Try Pianoteq for dynamic range. Lovely job!

85 Pikapianist

I loved the Russian recital we did; their stuff is hard and very expressive. That's why i do other stuff . . . .super job here; hard to comment on such quality stuff. Just glad you do it!

86 Allysia

A complex rich sound which conveys so much. And your Granny's ole Joanna can certainly leg it! sounds like a journey. Quite an ending! Were they running away from predators? Did they get eaten? Hope not. Exciting work!

87 Ken

I do find some stuff hard to figure. I have to admire you earthlings for your range of choice . . . ! Well done, Ken! Maybe some day my old brain will latch on a bit better . . .

88 Briangmoore

A very brave attempt, Brian! There's so much here; you're reading and playing all the right notes Finishing touches can take forever!

89 Chopinoholic

A fine ring from your piano! And such splendid playing, for some of us to aspire to. Not me. I'm way past my sell by . . . have fun!

90 Whizzbang

Nicely taken; a good feel to this. One can savour things. Including your claps . . . .Excellent.

Last lot comin' up . . . . Tomorrow!

"[Linked Image]"
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  BB Player 

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Skips Vs.Steps desperation
by Melodies. 06/25/18 12:52 AM
Which tool to polish pedals?
by mivaldes. 06/24/18 10:42 PM
Touchrail system?
by Radio.Octave. 06/24/18 09:47 PM
Can words be used to describe music?
by pianoloverus. 06/24/18 04:21 PM
electronic tuners
by oth47. 06/24/18 02:44 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Steingraeber
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics186,120
Posts2,727,182
Members90,446
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission