2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
76 members (BeWater, anotherscott, brdwyguy, AndrewJCW, accordeur, Abdol, Adem, 18 invisible), 703 guests, and 564 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room
pianopi #2719827 03/08/18 10:58 AM
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ralph L.

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 nice. Especially liked the chord progression.

Originally Posted by that'sRich

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3
A pleasant little piece - the atmosphere it evokes is thoughtful and calm and has a hymn-like quality. You played it nicely and I enjoyed listening to it.

Originally Posted by MeganR

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 You play this so well, I'm inspired to explore Songs without words for future pieces.

Originally Posted by piano_primo_1

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 Never heard this , somewhat like a somber ode to…. Anyway, good playing and super piano sound to the recording.

Originally Posted by FrankieC

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 I think you are doing very well for only playing 4-5 years and I think you did a good job with this. Keep up the great work!

Originally Posted by Greener

19 cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3
You're doing well. Nice separation of chords, tone control and overall good sound. The little bit of Mendelssohn I've looked at also had very rich chords and I enjoyed for this same reason.

Originally Posted by pianopi

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 Very stately feel to this. Nice smooth playing and you definitely brought out the top notes very well.

Thank you all for this batch of comments and for listening. I feel as though as I am progressing, the rate of progression is itself progressing. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this one as repertoire or move on. There's so much to learn, so little time!

My next one (for the upcoming waltz recital) is a definite keeper.....

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
AB Forum Recital #2719905 03/08/18 09:15 PM
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Thank you all for listening to my submission, and for your encouraging and generous comments (which do wonders for my motivation until the next Recital).

And once again, thank you to the tireless organisers - your work is greatly appreciated. thumb

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LX

My C3 - solace. And joy.
AB Forum Recital #2720586 03/11/18 08:43 PM
T
T
I would like to thank everyone for submitting their pieces to the recital. I have enjoyed listening to all of them and especially thank
those of you who listened and commented on my piece - I won't list them all but there were many ! It was a pleasure to read all your kind and positive comments - they were really helpful and much appreciated.

I have a further batch of comments here - there are still many I haven't managed to include, but as it looks like the posts are coming to an end now ( I may be the last to submit any comments ) I think I may finish off here but will again say how much I enjoyed all the performances in the recital.

[b]11. Peyton - Etude #6

A very stirring and exciting performance, dramatic and insistent - required a lot of energy to play this it seemed. The feeling of desperation and despair came over to me without doubt. Very well played,I enjoyed it.

[b]12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2

A lively performance - played with delicacy and very expressive. You certainly captured the mazurka rhythm. Enjoyed listening to this very much.

[b]13. Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand

Wonderful performance for just three months of playing. This shows how much you must love your new hobby and you should keep at it ! A pleasure to listen to. The Beatles have always been one of my favourite groups.

[b]15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132

Another excellently played piece for a relative beginner to the piano. A confident and competent performance with ornaments evenly executed. Well done !

[b]16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor

A beautiful Nocturne and yet another amazing performance by someone with so few years of experience. Trills and runs were very successfully played and you kept the rhythm going regularly throughout. Sensitive and thoughtful mood prevalent in this piece. Very nice.

[b]17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang

Delightful little piece with an even, regular rhythm which you kept going very well. I like the interesting counter-melody of the left hand and the way it interacts with the right hand melody. Beautiful performance.

[b]18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1

Very expressive and lively performance - you do an excellent job of bringing out the alternating contrasts in this piece - a pleasure to listen to.

[b]20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6)

A beautiful lilting piece which certainly conveys a feeling of lazily meandering around in a boat on a river being rocked by gentle waves - lovely performance of this piece.

[b]21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor

A pleasant piece filled with very attractive chords which blended and melted together beautifully - also a kind of majestic quality was inherent in the music to me becoming more so as it progressed - very enjoyable.

[b]22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773

Exquisite and positive performance of this piece with excellently played ornaments also. The left hand part seemed to have equal importance as the right hand and they fitted together so well. I enjoyed this very much.

[b]23. peterws - Mozart K331

An amazing performance - a colossal amount of work you must have put into learning this! No mistakes stood out to me - I thought you played it with a lot of vigour and the fun in playing it came through in the listening. Well done!

[b]24. MeganR - Summer Drought

An unusual piece with also unusual sometimes dissonant chords but which added to the interest. There seemed to be a troubled, anxious emotion being expressed in this music. A great performance.

[b]25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1

Flowing, smooth and expressive playing of this lovely Nocturne and the trills were played so well. Really enjoyed listening to this.

[b]27. Keselo - Waltz

A nicely played little piece - you seem to be progressing well after only a year and one month experience. It was a treat to listen to.

[b]28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green

Unusual and very atmospheric piece, this effect being added to by the reverb. Had some beautiful harmonies and exciting touches - well played.

[b]29. Ralph L. - Introduction and dance (piano+keyboard)

I enjoyed listening to your performance of this piece which was made into a popular recording in the UK by the Welsh singer Mary Hopkin in the late 1960's. It is what she is mainly remembered for. Your performance shows you are progressing well after only 1 year of learning piano.

[b]30. Medden - Giorni Dispari

Welcome back to the Forum ! Excellent performance and all praises to you for playing this from memory - proof of the hard work you have put into it. Very well played.

AB Forum Recital #2720691 03/12/18 11:28 AM
M
M
Another great recital and I have enjoyed listening to all the submission. I am in awe with all the talented, dedicated pianists who not only spent time to prepare for the recital, but they ensured that they gave us their best take. Thank you all so much!

I have received so many positive comments and I really appreciate them because they are the best form of encouragement for me to keep playing. Thank you, especially to Pianist685, Sam S, Monica K., cmb13, SwissMS, bSharp(C)yclist, Moo smile, pianopi, MarieJ, SMA55, piano_primo_1, peterws, casinitaly, FrankieC, Piano2138 and MeganR, for taking the time to comment on my performance.

40 Pieces Challenge 2017 2018 2019
bSharp(C)yclist #2720692 03/12/18 11:30 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist

36. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina Op. 88, No. 2 "Rondo"

Another great piece from you as usual. I always enjoy listening to your stuff on SoundCloud. I'm surprised this one isn't on there?

bSharp(C)yclist It is on Soundcloud now. Just updated it. smile

40 Pieces Challenge 2017 2018 2019
AB Forum Recital #2721001 03/13/18 10:51 PM
H
H
Thank you very much everyone who commented on the piece I played and everyone who participated in the recital. My apologies for the late reply to this thread, the last few weeks have been crazy, didn't really have much time. But I did listen to all submissions when time permitted and enjoyed them immensely!

AB Forum Recital #2729556 04/17/18 06:01 AM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
What a great time to return to PW.
Congratulations to all the pianists. I'm not going to do any individual comment this time but I've been listening some of the pieces in loop.
Thank you all.

PS: I know that recital #50 is the next one, but I've been away from my piano in the last 10 months and I think I will not join the party...
I can try to recall some old piece but, even in this case, I have no idea how it will sound.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
AB Forum Recital #2732155 04/27/18 02:47 AM
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
I enjoyed the recital very much when I listened to it like one month ago. Also like the new look of the player! smile

*listening to the waltzes now*

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
100,000!
---------------------
NEW! Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kurzweil ka130 vs Casio px770 vs...
by Ninchie007 - 01/18/21 04:45 PM
Refurb or Trade for a Rebuild
by brdwyguy - 01/18/21 04:22 PM
VST Spreadsheet not Available on Sticky Thread
by Harpuia - 01/18/21 02:57 PM
Roland FP Advice
by LongTimeNoSee - 01/18/21 01:49 PM
Expanding Voices for a Digital Piano - Keep it SIMPLE
by Steve Wild - 01/18/21 01:35 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics204,365
Posts3,048,581
Members100,115
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission