2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, 4 invisible), 1,228 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
arc Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Angelos58
For JoBert and Kawai James, but for others as well, a question: bluetooth midi adapter works also on Windows 10 or on iOS only?

Bluetooth is somewhat independent of the system or device you are using. It will work with windows 10 if the computer has a Bluetooth adapter. Most laptops have it. A desktop may not have it but you can get a external Bluetooth adapter that would connect to an USB port (these are very cheap). You can also add midi over Bluetooth functionality to a keyboard without Bluetooth as described above.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
For JoBert and Kawai James, but for others as well, a question: bluetooth midi adapter works also on Windows 10 or on iOS only?

The Bluetooth MIDI implementation on Kawai DPs officially supports iOS/macOS only. Android and Windows *may* work, but these platforms are not officially supported. In the case of Android, system-level MIDI support was introduced from Android 6 (Marshmallow), but may depend on whether the device manufacturer has retained/enabled this functionality in the included OS. In the case of Windows, Bluetooth MIDI was introduced with the Anniversary Update of Windows 10, but Windows software needs to be updated to support the new MIDI api.

For other Bluetooth MIDI adaptors such as the Yamaha MD-BT01 and Quiccosound mi.1, I recommend that you contact the manufacturers to check compatibility with non-iOS/macOS devices, however I expect the situation will be similar to Kawai, partly because Bluetooth MIDI is less mature and standardised under Android and Windows compared to iOS/macOS.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
A
A
Kawai James thank you very much.

In fact i've got a keyboard with native midi over bluetooth, but no one software in Windows 10 Surface Pro works with this protocol. With iPad, insteed no problems.

Do you know if is there a walkaround for Surface Pro with Windows 10?

Not that I'm aware of.

My recommendation would be to check this point with Roland.

Kind regards,
James
x

A
A
Originally Posted by Kawai James

Not that I'm aware of.

My recommendation would be to check this point with Roland.

Kind regards,
James
x

I speak about Kawai ca67, for example.

Okay, but the CA67 does not feature any Bluetooth functionality.

Kind regards,
James
x

A
A
Okay, but the CA67 does not feature any Bluetooth functionality.

Kind regards,
James
x

Yes I know it, but with a Bluetooth receiver in the AUX IN port?

For Bluetooth Audio?

I'm sorry, I do not have any experience of using a such a device. However, assuming it is just sending an audio signal through a 1/8" jack plug, it should work fine with any instrument.

Unfortunately, the Bluetooth connectivity side (i.e. sending audio from a device to this receiver) is not something that I can comment on, I'm afraid. Again, this matter would need to be raised with the Bluetooth receiver manufacturer.

Kind regards,
James
x

A
A
Kawai James Thank you very much again.

R
R
Hello Kawai James,

It is very helpful that you participate is this forum smile

I am also looking at these DPs. I am a beginner and was leaning toward the KDP110. The clicky key thing is a little concerning. Is this a known issue and has it been resolved. I also heard this about the ES110, which I was also looking at.

In the US there is a big difference in price between KDP110 ($1199) and the CA48 ($2099). The CN27 ($1899) seems like a strange option since you only save $200 over the CA48. And the CN37 ($2599), CA58 ($2999). It actually gets quite confusing. How would you compare the action between the CN27\37 to the CA48\58? Would it may a big difference for the beginner?

I am also curious why nobody mentions the Kawai ‘Sound Museum’ App for IOS. It is not in the YouTube reviews or other reviews. I always wondered why Kawai didn’t have a competing app to Roland and Yamaha for changing the sounds on the DP. But ‘Sound Museum’ allows you to preview and change the sounds based on your model and also layer, split and save favorites. Very helpful for the models without an LCD display. Not quite as feature rich as the Yamaha or Roland apps.

Thanks,
Rob

C
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
C
Kawai is more vocal about their "Virtual Technician" app that's much more versatile than the "Sound Museum".

So, they do actually have a competing and feature rich app.

But I'm not really familiar with either app and don't actually know which one is more useful for the KDP110.

Hello Rob, welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by rob1261a
It is very helpful that you participate is this forum smile

Thank you. I try to help where I can. wink

I am a beginner and was leaning toward the KDP110. The clicky key thing is a little concerning. Is this a known issue and has it been resolved.

I think I've only seen one or two actual reports about KDP110 clicking keys on this forum, so I honestly don't believe there should be too much to worry about.

In the US there is a big difference in price between KDP110 ($1199) and the CA48 ($2099).

Yes, these two models are quite different in terms of keyboard action and sound engine. The KDP110 is Kawai's entry-level specification DP, while the CA48 is more of a mid-high range model.

The CN27 ($1899) seems like a strange option since you only save $200 over the CA48.

I do not have a great deal of involvement in how the instruments are priced in the US, however I expect one reason for this could be the different distribution channels between the two models. The CN27 is sold by Kawai piano dealers, while the CA48 is sold by the larger chain stores and online retailers (although Kawai dealers can of course still sell this model).

And the CN37 ($2599), CA58 ($2999).

Yes, the situation is the same for the CN37 and CA58 in the US also.

It actually gets quite confusing.

For a side-by-side comparison of the CN27/CN37 and CA48/CA58 specifications, please try this link. The comparison table gets a little squashed when four models are being shown together, so this expanded image may help.

The follow graphic (extracted from the CA48/CA58 product overview, intended for dealers) should also help in summarising the relationship between the CN27 and CA48, and the CN37 and CA58.

[Linked Image]

How would you compare the action between the CN27\37 to the CA48\58?

The CN27/CN37 action is very good, the CA48/CA58 action is even better.

Would it may a big difference for the beginner?

It's impossible to say, I'm afraid. However, if I was a beginner seeking a digital piano, I would be sure to buy an instrument with the most realistic keyboard action I could afford.

I am also curious why nobody mentions the Kawai ‘Sound Museum’ App for IOS. It is not in the YouTube reviews or other reviews.

That's a good point, however I noticed that the CA48 product overview video by Kawai America does briefly mention the Sound Museum app here.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

if I was a beginner seeking a digital piano, I would be sure to buy an instrument with the most realistic keyboard action I could afford.x

When wouldn't you want the most realistic keyboard action you could afford? grin

Originally Posted by ottokeys
if I was a beginner seeking a digital piano, I would be sure to buy an instrument with the most realistic keyboard action I could afford.x

When wouldn't you want the most realistic keyboard action you could afford? grin

Perhaps if you were shopping for a stage board and required a good compromise between piano, EP, and organ. Or, perhaps if weight/portability was a factor, you might opt to sacrifice action realism in order to find a lighter instrument.

Kind regards,
James
x

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission