2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, 4 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Osho Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by rolex67
Hi, Osho!

www.adelehmusic.com.

And if you know a little bit of French, there is a topic here :

https://www.pianomajeur.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18785

Thanks for the info. It is pricey for sure - but given 26kg weight of the piano alone - I don't think it fits within most of the airline flight normal check-in allowance (in USA) at least.

But we are not in the same range of price!

Originally Posted by rolex67

Ps: I m in the same search as you, but from what I found is none of the “ stage” pianos( with weighted keys) + cases fits under 158 cm ( length+ height+ width) .
Only something of a size of a gopiano( which is spring loaded...) fits...

That is definitely looking like the only choice... very sad.

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST + Genelec 8050B monitors.
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
O
Osho Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
O
This one looks interesting - has anyone tried this?

http://www.minetticustomkeyboards.com/casio-privia-px-130-61-key.html

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
User ClasscLib purchased the Yamaha and wrote his preliminary impressions here

https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...inetti-custom-keyboards.html#Post2648540

O
Osho Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
O
Thanks Newer Player for the link - that looks really interesting.

I wonder how people check in 73 or 76 key pianos with the airlines? Do airlines allow one to check these in without extra charge (for oversized luggage)? That is typically $100 each way - and can add up pretty fast if one travels once a month.

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB

[Linked Image]
O
Osho Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
O
At this point, I am considering the following combination for air travel with checking the DP in usage:

* StudioLogic SL-73 Studio: I haven't tried its Fatar TP/100LR - but read some positive comments on it on the net. And it doesn't waste any space on the sides - so it will fit within 61 key case. 41"x12.2"x4.9" and 25.3 lbs.
* SKB ATA 61 key TSA case: Interior length is 42.75" x 15.00" x 5.00" - so it should fit the StudioLogic SL-73 comfortably. Weight is 17.40 lbs.

So, total weight will be 42.7 lbs - so it will be under 50 lbs comfortably - even with power adapter and/or pedal.

It exceeds the 62" max limit on total exterior dimensions for checked in luggage. Total exterior dimensions are 71.75 inches - so it is 10 inch more than the 62 inches for standard check-in size. But, I suspect that if it is below the weight limit, the check-in agent may not exactly measure it and charge extra?

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks,
Osho

Last edited by Osho; 04/05/18 04:40 PM.

Mason & Hamlin BB

[Linked Image]
H
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Osho, thanks for sharing your research. on your other thread it seemed that the professional musicians just accepted the tariffs for extra weight or size for their crated or encased instruments. you might be overoptimistic about getting your oversize case passed through, who can really tell, so be prepared. one airline charges $75. which of course doubles for the round trip.

R
R
Dexibell VIVO S1 ?

P
P
The Dexibell S3 would be a good solution , it weights 22 pounds and has a heavier piano action than my rd 2000 plus after you do the OS update it sounds good . It has 73 keys and is fun to play ,it also has a quick action . I haven 't bought a case for it yet but I'll be getting a soft case cause its so easy to carry.

G
G
Originally Posted by Osho

It exceeds the 62" max limit on total exterior dimensions for checked in luggage. Total exterior dimensions are 71.75 inches - so it is 10 inch more than the 62 inches for standard check-in size. But, I suspect that if it is below the weight limit, the check-in agent may not exactly measure it and charge extra?

Thanks, Osho

Since you live in the US, there's a simple solution: Fly Southwest!
You get 2 free checked items, and I have never been charged extra for a 2-pairs-ski soft bag which is 6 feet long. Besides, they have the best attitude of all airlines - if they go where I need to, I don't even look at others. (No affiliation, etc....)

Good luck in your quest - Gerhard

They say extra practice can make up for modesty of talent (up to a point) - I sure hope so...
P
P
Hi Osho,
There’s also the yamaha P121 (73 keys)?. I played it recently but wasn’t a big fan of the GHS action but your mileage may vary.
From what I understand the SL73 has the same action as the SL88 studio (which I played recently also) and thought it was quite nice. The guy in the video below (great player) seems to get on fine with the action so i’d be inclined to go for the SL73 personally which I am going to see tomorrow and hopefully pick up.
Best of luck...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8q-3bVG2Lg&t=400s

H
H
I believe the SL73 uses the TP100 Fatar action. The same action is also found in the Dexibell Vivo P7 (88 keys) & P3 (73 keys). It is comparable to the GHS action.

Dexibell P3 would also be a good option. It weighs a bit more; 12.5Kg vs the SL73's 11.5Kg and P-121's 10Kg, but it has 70W of total amplification and Dexibell's sweet T2L piano samples.

Yamaha P-125, Pianoteq 6, Ravenscroft 275 VST, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
O
Osho Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
O
To update others on the thread, I ended up getting StudioLogic SL73 Studio and 42" Pelican im3200 storm case. It's total weight - with plenty of foam is about 47 lbs.

I have checked it in my last business trip (Southwest) - and no extra charges - both ways!!

I do like StudioLogic SL73 - it requires PC/VST as it is purely a controller - but has decent enough action for travel practice and it wastes absolutely no space on left and right of the keybed.

Osho

Last edited by Osho; 12/20/18 01:09 AM.

Mason & Hamlin BB

[Linked Image]
O
Osho Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by gerhard_k
Originally Posted by Osho

Thanks, Osho

Since you live in the US, there's a simple solution: Fly Southwest!
You get 2 free checked items, and I have never been charged extra for a 2-pairs-ski soft bag which is 6 feet long. Besides, they have the best attitude of all airlines - if they go where I need to, I don't even look at others. (No affiliation, etc....)

Good luck in your quest - Gerhard

Yes, my one experience with Southwest has been excellent. That is my preferred airline to travel with DP cases now!

Osho

Last edited by Osho; 12/20/18 02:05 AM.

Mason & Hamlin BB

[Linked Image]
I
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I
Kawai VPC is what comes to mind first of all. I think Roland keyboards are good too, e.g. FP-90 with PHA-50 keyboard, and I would also consider FP-60 with PHA-IV.

O
Osho Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by Iaroslav Vasiliev
Kawai VPC is what comes to mind first of all. I think Roland keyboards are good too, e.g. FP-90 with PHA-50 keyboard, and I would also consider FP-60 with PHA-IV.

All these will exceed 50 lbs limit for airline checkin with a solid hard case unfortunately. So, they work if you are traveling via car - but not so much if via airline.

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB

[Linked Image]
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Wanted to point over to this cool thread here on making one's own traveling piano.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission