2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, 6 invisible), 1,932 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Dynamo is a nickname for me when I was pretty much a dynamo. Then I used it as my dog’s registered name. He is Corsaire (kennel) The Dynamo. The BT is for Bull Terrier. I’ve used dynamobt on a number of forums.

1918 Mason & Hamlin BB
1906 Mason & Hamlin Es
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
My username is pretty obvious to those who have been here a while. I lived in Switzerland for many years, I am a lady, and I like Swiss chocolate. I am little old to be SwissMiss, so, SwissMS! I moved to Spain, but the name stuck.
[Linked Image]

cmb13 Offline OP
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Question for the Europeans from areas in which English is not the primary language - casinitaly, swissms, and sinophilia in particular. Your English writing is so perfect - are you originally from the US or an English language country?

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I am originally from the US. I lived in the Pacific Northwest before moving to Europe. English is my native language, though now I speak German and I am working on Spanish!

Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sam S
Mine is boring too - I used to use my full name, but changed it to just first name and last initial. You can change your username here if you want.

M full name is boring too, almost as bad as John Doe. But I have only found two other people in my life with the same name. I am told one of them is a famous singer, but I had the name first smile He also has the same middle initial, which is weird.

Sam

Sam be aware that since the site upgrade your image is overlapping the start to the text. Perhaps your pixel size is over the limit?

Ian

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I like this thread. Re telling us something about the poster, I wish some of those who leave their profile completely blank would change that.

P
P
I love Bach’s music. It is also the reason I started to re-learn piano. For my PW username, I used the position of the letters in the alphabet, with A=1, B=2, etc.

Slowly, Separately, Sections - Graham Fitch
My SoundCloud
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
In 2000 at the age of 53 I decided to be a biker. I took a three day course passed my test then took the train to Inverness (near Ben Nevis mountain) and rode back 170miles partly in the snow on my brand new BMW R1100RT bike.

Since then, my name on forums as been Beemer which is a nickname for a car or motorcycle manufactured by the company BMW. I gave up motorcycling after 11 years as arthritis was setting in. Also when I rolled the bike down (BMW touring bikes don't drop they just gently roll down!) I was finding it increasingly difficult to pick it up.

Today Beemer is really an anathema to those folk like me who drive Mercedes cars smile Anyhow since my car is named after Mr Benz's daughter I don't really see me changing my site name to a girls name smile

Ian
[Linked Image]

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
wj3 Offline
My name is Walter John, as was my fathers and grandfathers. So I am the third of that name. WJ3.

wj3

2010 Roland KR-115m, Yamaha clp-430
Working on Alfred Adult AIO 3 Super Special sorta song,Simply Joplin Bethena,Solace,Burgmuller
[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Mine is just a 'W' pattern on the keyboard (look at your keyboard and you'll see). I was too lazy to come up with a user name.

D
D
It took me a while to come up with my nickname for this forum, but then I settled on dumka--both a musical genre and a Ukrainian word for a "thought" (and I'm originally from Ukraine). 1 is just a number, no special significance.

cmb13 Offline OP
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Hey Beemer - I used to ride a Triumph Thunderbird, 1998 I believe! Great bike. Love those Beemers. So utilitarian; they just work right.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yeah. It’s my name.

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Mine has been my internet user name for, well a long time, and on ARPANET before that. This was before The Matrix came out, though most people assume it's related. I've long had a fascination with cephalopods, and picked up the nickname "squid" in school, added the bot because I was online and it seemed cool at the time smile

Now learning: Debussy Clar de Lune, Mozart Sonata in C K. 545, Joplin The Chrysanthemum
Instruments: Yamaha N1X, Roland GO:PIANO, Piano de Voyage
When I took up piano again as an adult, I found that the joy of playing the piano came from the constant learning (new pieces, new finger patterns, new figurations, bettering sight reading skills, theory, etc). Also, as an adult, I don't seem to have the neural plasticity that I did as a child, so figured that my piano adventures would be a constant process of "construction", hence UnderConstruction.

Still deciding whether I am playing for fun or playing to improve... leaning towards fun :-)
2017 Feurich 218
H
H
I chose “Haunted Keys” for a few reasons.

1. In the past I've had a habit of neglecting my piano for long periods of time (longer than I’d like to admit in some cases) between my attempts at learning it, so it’s been a bit like a ghost haunting me from the corner of my room.

2. I like listening to beautifully haunting music played on the piano and hope that one day I can attempt to play some of it myself as well.

3. I thought it sounded cool. wink

(Learning piano 'on and off' since 2009/2010)

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13
Question for the Europeans from areas in which English is not the primary language - casinitaly, swissms, and sinophilia in particular. Your English writing is so perfect - are you originally from the US or an English language country?

And now that you said it I will make some horrible grammar mistake eek

I'm Italian, but I've been studying English all my life, and it's become my job - I am a translator.
I used to be good at reading and writing but quite bad at speaking, then my wonderful American and British neighbours arrived and fixed that smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Piano_primo_ 1-
I moved in 2012, back to the homestead where I now live. I also submitted to my first ABF recital with the piece “Back at One” by Brian McKnight. Near the end of the score were the dynamics- “Piano “ , ‘Un Primo” meaning -softly played, back to measure 1 , - original tempo.
So, being I was “back at one” in many ways, moving, first recital etc, I took the handle Piano_primo_1. Now I feel like I’m persistently learning a piece… as “back at one”. The handle fits the learning mode for me.

Last edited by piano_primo_1; 03/16/18 08:15 AM. Reason: grammar

M
M
I believe I mentioned it in one of the other threads...
I've been on this interwebz thingy for many a round around the Sun, and all this time this has been my nick on any and all digital communication venues along the way (now on forums, previously on usenet and even BBS).

I used to really be into BMX in my early teens and being from the wrong side of the pond for such things, MuddyFox bikes were held in high regard. I actually managed to get my dad to import one for me which was such a big deal that any AKA name choice since has became a no-brainer. Never had a MF bike after that (as they are still pretty much nonexistent here in Yurp) but the nick stuck.

Last edited by MuddyFox; 03/16/18 05:14 AM.
As a child I loved Pokemon and especially liked Pikachu. Some of my friends still call me by my nickname 'Pikachu' or 'Pika'. So when I started recording and uploading piano videos I changed my YouTube channel name to PikaPianist smile

"Without music, life would Bb."

Piano: Estonia L210 (2018)
VST: VI Labs Ravenscroft
My channel: www.youtube.com/c/MXChan
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission