2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 11 invisible), 1,855 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
E
E
I use to fence in college.

Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13
Hey Beemer - I used to ride a Triumph Thunderbird, 1998 I believe! Great bike. Love those Beemers. So utilitarian; they just work right.

About BMWs you forgot to mention.....never any oil drips on garage floor smile

Here's something to look at:

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/cruisers/thunderbird/2018/thunderbird

Ian

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
cmb13 Offline OP
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Yeah...mine was a 900, they're a lot bigger now. I think the bikes are getting too big. No longer as nimble, can't pick them up smile. Must be nice to have fuel injectors though....that carb was such a bear.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
In the beginning took a few piano lessons at age 5. Like all beginners I supposedly learned to play "Twinkle". The rest of the family didn't think I have talent in music and left piano alone for many years.

Throughout my high school years learned to play violin and joined the school orchestra. Up to about 10 years ago violin was my main instrument. After that I started learning to play piano music on a portable keyboard to the point I would spend more hours in a week on a keyboard than a violin. And at the same time started posting recordings on social media. I could have picked the name "theviolinplayer" but took up "thepianoplayer" instead to reflect my new found passion for piano music. The number after the name identifies my location.

Last edited by thepianoplayer416; 03/16/18 09:53 AM.
pianopi = piano round = rondo = ring-like = always coming back to the beginning; never reaching the end.

Last edited by pianopi; 03/16/18 11:50 AM.

"Genius is not the sign of demigodliness, but the sign of having a profoundly practical mind" - anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTc4esj9xQG6NjLIr9an29Q
My username is a contraction of Vladimir Mishka, the name of the first plush bear that I gave to my wife more than 30 years ago. Some sites (e.g., Microsoft Translator) translate Teddy Bear as Mishka in Russian. The bear in my new avatar is Wolfgang BJ Koala, where BJ stands for Bum Jr. (based on one of my wife's nicknames for me, I am "Bum Sr.").

Pictures of all of our stuffed animals are featured in the piano videos on my YouTube page.

J
J
Originally Posted by squidbot
Mine has been my internet user name for, well a long time, and on ARPANET before that. This was before The Matrix came out, though most people assume it's related. I've long had a fascination with cephalopods, and picked up the nickname "squid" in school, added the bot because I was online and it seemed cool at the time smile

I too have long had a fascination with cephalopods......fascinating creatures.

Currently working on:
Asturia (Leyenda) - Isaac Albeniz
Mia and Sabastian's Theme - Kyle Landry arrangement
also working on some vocal training

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Key - The ivories we tickle on the piano. String - What acoustic pianos have, and also violins and guitars. Not very imaginative. I have a problem remembering names and feared I'd forget mine. wink

T
T
My choice of username was simple. I chose Theorygrl because I love music theory. Music theory was fascinating to me well before I knew anything at all about the subject. At a young age, I would listen and admire the music of master composers and wonder how they ever achieved what they did. I was in my early thirties before I had my very first music lesson ever. I've enjoyed theory and composition ever since as much or maybe even more than playing the piano.

C
C
I'm a chorus singer, a contralto. Added another 'a' and year of birth.

D
D
Since childhood one of my favorite classical pieces has been Debussy's Clair de Lune, and Claire is one of my given names. smile When I think to sign with "Claire" it goes together -- but I usually forget.

Chief beginner leading three little breves smile
Originally Posted by pianopi
... always coming back to the beginning; never reaching the end.

yes, well ... that could be interpreted two ways, couldn't it? Both of which are apt.

"Genius is not the sign of demigodliness, but the sign of having a profoundly practical mind" - anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTc4esj9xQG6NjLIr9an29Q
Vid Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Mine is the second half of a very common first name. Most often its abbreviated to the first syllable but I chose to do it with the second and last syllable.

• Schimmel Upright
  • Kawai VPC-1 with Pianoteq

Any issues or concerns are piped to /dev/null

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13
Question for the Europeans from areas in which English is not the primary language - casinitaly, swissms, and sinophilia in particular. Your English writing is so perfect - are you originally from the US or an English language country?

My username is simply my initials + in + italy (that last part is pretty obvious I think, but I've had folks refer to me as Casin, which I think is also cute).

I'm originally from Canada but I've lived in Italy for 40% of my life!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I obviously need to come up with a more creative username wink

just plain Sam S

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Mine's boring, too ... but it's an easy one for me to remember. laugh

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
D
D
Dunning refers to a neighborhood on Chicago’s Northwest side. It was the site of a large insane asylum, poor house, and pauper cemetery. The area was annexed by the city in 1918. Most of the area has been redeveloped although a small mental health facility still remains there along with the unmarked graves of some 40,000 souls.

The Duke is an alliteration. Because of the distant past, realtors like to call this area West Portage Park. So, does that make me the Peasant of Portage? How about the Pianist of Portage?how about quit while I’m ahead.

Baldwin SF-10
Petrof III
Chickering Console (1950s)
Associate Member PTG (Chicago chapter)
A
A
I am Italian but I live in the Boston area since 2005!

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
TomLC is just my first name and the capital letters in my french last name. I came up with this because I thought I was being confused with another Tom on a piano lesson forum.

Kawai NV10
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Before I joined Piano World, I was active in a forum started by Andrew Furmanczyk, under the pseudonym Pianoted. For those not familiar with him, he's known as Lypur on YouTube, and is a talented pianist living in Canada.

Then I found the Piano World forums. When choosing a username, I decided Pianoted had too much resemblance to Pianoteq, which I didn't even know what was at that time. I saw it was advertised on Piano World, so it had to be something big, and I felt it would cause confusion. People might think I was affiliated with Pianoteq.

Therefore, I chose a very similar username, Pianotehead, a little play with words, but sounds about the same as Pianoted. After a few years, I felt it was a stupid username, though it seemed a good idea at the time. Then I changed it to TheodorN, which consists of my first name, and the first letter of my last name.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission