2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, benkeys, 17 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
well , the people have spoken with One Voice and there WILL be a Bach Recital a year from now. So Sunday March 10, 2019

The Recital will center on the music of Sebastian Bach but also accept submissions somehow related - progenitors, offspring, transcriptions, inspirations.

As always your submission must be your own work. Ideally - one take no edits! If you aren't up for that then record enough takes to get what you want, but don't drive yourself insane with it. Submit it proudly warts and all - it is what it is - Illud est quod est - as Bach might have said!

You may submit more than one piece and there can be more than one submission for a given piece.

For the brave I am thinking about a concurrent live recital using the streaming capability of HTML5.

ILLUD EST QUOD EST !

Last edited by casinitaly; 05/22/18 02:00 PM.

"There are so many mornings that have not yet dawned." -- Rg Veda
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
The recital will be March 10, 2019 and will use the ABF recital software. The call for submissions thread will be created Feb 24 th and the recital will go live March 10

There are a few rules which have been used in ABF’s previous themed recitals (It comes down to no rules really)
- More than 1 submission per performer allowed
- Multiple submissions of the same piece are allowed
- Piano duets are allowed
- All submitted material is your own.
- No edits to audio file other than deleting leading and trailing silences

To add to the list, quote the last entry of the list and remove the quote. Post the new list with your entries and with this red text included.

JS Bach
Italian Concerto BWV 971 (Schubertian)
Partita #6 BWV 830 (Schubertian)

Last edited by Schubertian; 03/10/18 11:59 AM.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A live recital? I'd be interested in that. I have no idea what to play. I'll decide this fall laugh

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Both an online recital and a live recital - no idea if the live recital is actually feasible - but we have time to send up a few trial balloons in advance
The recital will be Sunday March 10 2019 - I need to figure out how to edit that

Last edited by Schubertian; 03/10/18 11:48 AM.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I'm wondering if something like this could work. We all get together in a chat room, that's just for chat. A line up is put together and when it's your turn, broadcast live through YouTube. The live link is shared with the group before you start playing to allow them to connect on their end.

There was a thread awhile back where Google Hangouts was being tested. That seemed to work, but we would need to make sure that not everyone is sharing video at the same time.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I was thinking more along the line of conferencing software - I've been using Zoom at home and SKype at work. YOu need the emails of the participants - so that might actually be an obstacle because I don;t know how comfortable people are with giving out personal information like that. Then you set up the session and send out emails inviting the participants. Someone would then moderate it by setting up a schedule.

It may be a moot point if nobody feels up for it

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
That works too. I think you are right though. Not many people would feel up for it, or don't have the appropriate setup to do it.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
well, I think actually all they would need to do is download the software and use the microphone/camera in their home computer or laptop.

The warm bodies is the challenge

Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
A live recital? I'd be interested in that. I have no idea what to play. I'll decide this fall laugh

How about The Goldberg Variations? wink

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
The recital will be March 10, 2019 and will use the ABF recital software. The call for submissions thread will be created Feb 24 th and the recital will go live March 10

There are a few rules which have been used in ABF’s previous themed recitals (It comes down to no rules really)

To add to the list, quote the last entry of the list and remove the quote. Post the new list with your entries and with this red text included.

JS Bach
Adagio BWV 974 (cmb13)

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13

I think that would be too hard ... how about BWV 114 wink

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I'm wondering if something like this could work. We all get together in a chat room, that's just for chat. A line up is put together and when it's your turn, broadcast live through YouTube. The live link is shared with the group before you start playing to allow them to connect on their end.

Not only is it technically difficult to do, but people here are in widely different time zones. I don't think you'll find a time that works for North America, Europe, and Australia, each of which has many forum members.

And that doesn't even take into account the freak out factor of playing live. wink

Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13

I think that would be too hard ... how about BWV 114 wink

Better idea - I could probably get 114 together by next March.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by Qazsedcft

Not only is it technically difficult to do, but people here are in widely different time zones. I don't think you'll find a time that works for North America, Europe, and Australia, each of which has many forum members.

And that doesn't even take into account the freak out factor of playing live. wink

It could be a non stop 24 hour event where you can pop in when the time is suitable. A Skype meeting maybe? I would much prefer to present my pieces live than record them as long as it's not with full video...

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Well, yes, a revolving global recital - but you would have to have a team of -what word? - moderators?, conductors?, impresario?, Masters of Ceremony? - managing it - but maybe it could happen - why not? - there is a capability of recording in Zoom and probably on Skype as well -

I doubt that 'popping in' would work - we would have to give you a time slot - but I'm still in favor -

I don't think it would be a chat room - I think that we would assign a time slot - coordinate with a local Master of Ceremony (lol) - set up a Zoom session - mail out the zoom invitation by PM (I don't want to open the recital to the general public) to the performers and anyone who expresses interest in attending- who has an account - and give it a hard and fast start and stop time -

Then it would rotate to the next continent - or solar system

Last edited by Schubertian; 03/10/18 04:34 PM.

G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G

JS Bach
Adagio BWV 974 (cmb13)
Chorale from Cantata No. 147 (Greener)

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by outo

It could be a non stop 24 hour event where you can pop in when the time is suitable. A Skype meeting maybe? I would much prefer to present my pieces live than record them as long as it's not with full video...

Live without full video - I'm not sure what that would entail - but I'm sure there is an audio only option when logging in -

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by Schubertian
Well, yes, a revolving global recital - but you would have to have a team of -what word? - moderators?, conductors?, impresario?, Masters of Ceremony? - managing it - but maybe it could happen - why not? - there is a capability of recording in Zoom and probably on Skype as well -

I doubt that 'popping in' would work - we would have to give you a time slot - but I'm still in favor -

I meant the audience could be popping in, the performances must be timed somehow so that we won't end up playing on top of each other grin

And yes, there must be people to watch over...and act as the audience for those poor performers who are at a non popular time zone smile

But it should still be so informal that ABF people feel comfortable playing even if the piece is not polished to perfection...

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by Schubertian
Originally Posted by outo

Live without full video - I'm not sure what that would entail - but I'm sure there is an audio only option when logging in -

Video is fine as long as I can point the camera to my cats or something...

Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber

JS Bach
Adagio BWV 974 (cmb13)
Prelude BWV 940 (meganr)

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission