2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (HZPiano, admodios, johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, 7 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 52 of 91 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 90 91

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member
Osho it’s beautiful!!

Estonia 168 (she sings!), Kawaii Es-110 for late-night practice.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Very nice, Osho!

Kawai Novus NV10
My amateur piano recordings on YouTube
Latest Recording: Always With Me (from Studio Ghibli: Spirited Away)
O
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
O
Thank you Qwerty53 and JoBert.

JoBert: your pic is inspiring me to do something interesting other than plain white light smile.

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST + Genelec 8050B monitors.
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
He's a Beaut!
Enjoy!

Barbara
...without music, no life...
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Osho
Got my first acoustic piano delivered today - super excited smile.

And, here are some pictures smile.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I think BB goes well with the night-time piano Kawai CA-67.

[Linked Image]

Osho

That is a really sweet set up!!

[Linked Image]
O
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
O
Thanks Music Me and NobleHouse!

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Thanks all smile.

Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Very nice! So you decided against the NV10?

Not quite. This gives me some time so I can wait until Yamaha AvantGrand N2X is in the market. Considering I play >50% with headphones, I am planning to replace the CA-67 with either NV10 or N2X as soon as N2X comes out.

Osho

I envy that setup thumb Maybe they will say something about the N2X at the summer NAMM.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

N
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
N
Osho--an absolutely gorgeous piano. I know you will love it.

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
I like that wavy mirror in the background!

Marcus Valdes

Q
Q
Below (I hope) are three pics of my new Yamaha Avant Grand N3X in our living room, along with a pic of the two guys installing it (you get to see the speakers underneath). I'll also add a pic of my husband's modular synth downstairs (I used to be a synth player, so it's not completely alien to me - I have an analog synth myself although I don't use it). We live in the mountains of New Mexico, at 6700 ft.

We are both do fine art as well. We joke that he has a large inkjet printer and I have an etching press. We're so alike, and yet so different!

I'm unsure how to post images "inline". I made an Image Gallery inside PianoWorld; however, I can't figure out the last step of "pulling the Medium image into a post". So here's the link to the image gallery (5 pics):

Yamaha N3X Image Gallery (on PianoWorld)

Last edited by QuinGold; 03/05/18 07:22 PM.

[Linked Image]
Yamaha N3X + Pianoteq / Arturia / Ravenscroft
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Quin, very nice your N3X!

But I have to say ....

HOLY COW! That Synth!!!

Are you sure you didn't accidentally include a picture from a visit at the SpaceX control center?!

Kawai Novus NV10
Q
Q
hahaha JoBert! yeah, I know, his room is insane...he's spent more on it than the N3X... I call it the "spaceship control center" when friends come around.

He used to design synths (he designed the Prophet VS for Sequential Circuits in the 1980s); now he's having fun with analog synths again as an "encore career." He's also working on a book this year with an author from Belgium. If anyone is interested in modulars, his website is learningmodular.com.

I have to say he's pretty handy. He's an expert on MIDI and can make cables. Every home should have one...

[Linked Image]
O
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
O
Wow that is a lovely N3X! I really like the glass window/door with lots of light right next to the piano - really cool.

I have never played with those analog synths - but boy they do sound fun to tinker with. Very impressive setup.

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by QuinGold
Below (I hope) are three pics of my new Yamaha Avant Grand N3X in our living room, along with a pic of the two guys installing it (you get to see the speakers underneath). I'll also add a pic of my husband's modular synth downstairs (I used to be a synth player, so it's not completely alien to me - I have an analog synth myself although I don't use it). We live in the mountains of New Mexico, at 6700 ft.

We are both do fine art as well. We joke that he has a large inkjet printer and I have an etching press. We're so alike, and yet so different!

I'm unsure how to post images "inline". I made an Image Gallery inside PianoWorld; however, I can't figure out the last step of "pulling the Medium image into a post". So here's the link to the image gallery (5 pics):

Yamaha N3X Image Gallery (on PianoWorld)

A really nice setup and a gorgeous view!

[Linked Image]
Q
Q
Wow that is a lovely N3X! I really like the glass window/door with lots of light right next to the piano - really cool.

Thanks. Now you know why it was so important for me to face the room so the light would be behind me. My DGX660 was facing the window, and I was blinded by the bright New Mexico sun even with the curtain closed (there's a reason artists love the light here...). I had to turn on the piano light to see the sheet music even during the day! Now I just have to open and close curtains as the light moves around the house, and I only have to switch on the sheet-music light at night.

I did make one modification to my setup: I found the sheet music "ledge" made the books too high for comfort; I found the top line of the music was above my eye level. (I'm not very tall!)

So I fashioned a new "ledge" a little lower down: I cut out from black mat board a shape of a wide "T" and fed it through the gap under the sheet music stand. I cut it so it fit snugly and doesn't move. When the fallboard flips up, it fits snug under the mat board which adds a little backward tilt to the board so I don't need anything along the front to hold the books in place. (I spiral bind all my books, so they lay flat.) Now my sheet music is a low enough to be comfortable. It's possible I might get used to a more upright posture with time, but it was such a jump from the digital piano which had the music stand just over the keyboard. If anyone is curious, I can take a photo tomorrow.

[Linked Image]
P
pwl Offline
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
P
So I fashioned a new "ledge" a little lower down: I cut out from black mat board a shape of a wide "T" and fed it through the gap under the sheet music stand. … If anyone is curious, I can take a photo tomorrow.

Yep - I'd love to see this!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I did make one modification to my setup: I found the sheet music "ledge" made the books too high for comfort; I found the top line of the music was above my eye level. (I'm not very tall!)

So I fashioned a new "ledge" a little lower down: I cut out from black mat board a shape of a wide "T" and fed it through the gap under the sheet music stand. I cut it so it fit snugly and doesn't move. When the fallboard flips up, it fits snug under the mat board which adds a little backward tilt to the board so I don't need anything along the front to hold the books in place. (I spiral bind all my books, so they lay flat.) Now my sheet music is a low enough to be comfortable. It's possible I might get used to a more upright posture with time, but it was such a jump from the digital piano which had the music stand just over the keyboard. If anyone is curious, I can take a photo tomorrow.

I can relate to that. I also had to get used to the higher music stand on my NV10, and your NX3 is yet a bit higher, I think. (And even now that I'm more or less used to it, I still don't find it ideal.) Others have had the same problem and looked for a solution, for example this here:

https://www.grandstandforpiano.com/

or this:

http://en.ruckpult.de/ruckpult/

Your self-made solution sounds similar to the first one (btw I too would be interested to see a picture of your solution).

EDIT: Regarding this:
I'm unsure how to post images "inline". I made an Image Gallery inside PianoWorld; however, I can't figure out the last step of "pulling the Medium image into a post".

To post your images inline: Go to your image gallery inside pianoworld, click on the desired image. Once the image is displayed full size, right-click on the maximized image and from the context menu, pick "copy image address" (or "copy image URL", or similar, depends on your browser). Then in the post where you want the image, type [img]URL_HERE[/img], only instead of the URL_HERE part, you paste in the image address that you copied via the right-click menu. The result should look similar to this
Code
[img]https://forum.pianoworld.com//gallery/42/full/9613.jpg[/img]

This should then show up in your post as an embedded image. It is important that the URL between the [img] and [/img] tags points to an actual image (e.g. a *.jpg file) and not to a HTML page.

If you don't want to type the [img] tags, you can also just use the image button at the top of the "full editor" of the forum (the one right beside the emoticon button). That will pop up a little dialog where you can paste the image address that you copied via the right-click menu.

Last edited by JoBert; 03/06/18 08:48 AM.

Kawai Novus NV10
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Yes please.

Kawai NV10
Q
Q
Thanks for the Image-posting instructions JoBert. That makes sense.

Below is the original sheet music stand, showing the space underneath the flip-out "shelf" (where the iPad is sitting).

Next four images show the new "shelf" I created from mat board. It lowers the music almost 2", making it unnecessary to tilt my head back to read the top line.

To make: I cut the board in the shape of a wide "T" - the top of the T fits behind the hinges, keeping it from sliding out. The mat board is archival black, 4 ply, from a framing supply store. It's very sturdy, and it fits snugly under the corners of the hinge. I first penciled some markings with a white chalk pencil, and cut out one side. You'll need a good craft knife to cut it, and a cutting board. The trick is to make the "top of the T" the same width as the hinge (2" on the N3X), and not so deep that you can't get the whole thing to fit through the front gap (remember the board is much deeper in the middle of the T, so you have to slide it in at an angle). I was hoping to get it to fit snugly under the center "rod" that holds up the sheet music stand, but it was so deep that I couldn't get the board to fit through the gap at all! Even after I trimmed some off the back, you can see a little damage to the board where I had to jam it behind the rod. The final depth of "the top of the T" (the piece that fits behind the hinge) is 2.25". The full depth of the board is 5 - 7/8". So start with a bit more and see if you can squeeze it in behind the center rod; if not, trim down (or even cut out a "notch").

The board that sticks through the front is 22.5" wide. (The width of the back is around 26.75", but that's not so critical.) So the piece you'll need for this gap is about 27" x 6", and then trim down to fit snug. YMMV of course for your stand.

Note that the board tilts up a little even when the lid is down. When the lid is opened (last image below), it fits under the board and pushes the front up a little more. So far so good. I barely notice it now.

Hope that helps.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And yes, an anti-static dust cloth is on order...haha!

Last edited by QuinGold; 03/06/18 04:51 PM.

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Nice construction, Quin. It's quite subtle and nicely solves the problem.

Kawai Novus NV10
Page 52 of 91 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 90 91

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission