2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, brennbaer, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,874 guests, and 321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
OP Offline
N
Hey all. Some new videos on Dexibell's upcoming S9 stage piano from Kraft music. This is the most info I've seen on the piano yet, looks rather sweet.

I'm still a piano noob, but I really like Dexibell's sound. It seems it's the same large sample+modelling tech in the other models, but this time around there's a new "hybrid wooden" action with aftertouch. Seems like there's some texture to the keys too, but hard to tell. I wonder if it's a new Fatar or a custom Dexibell design. Maybe a partnership?

The motorized sliders and illuminated knobs are pretty rad, and I really dig the blue and white color scheme.

And

Last edited by napilopez; 02/21/18 09:36 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Looks like a nice board. Good to have another player in this category. Competition keeps the players moving forward. Yamaha needs to either update or replace the CP4.

Studiologic Numa X Piano GT with Native Instruments Noire
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Wondering what’s the “new hybrid wooden keyboard”. Maybe Fatar TP40 Wood.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
J
J
I agree - looks good, sounds fab like all Dexibells. Probably Fatar TP40 Wood action, which is decent enough.
The major problem with Dexibell though is availability. I have had an S7 on order for weeks, and delivery keeps getting postponed. Apparently the supplier in the UK is hopeless. A few UK websites have the boards "in stock" on websites, but when you call, they have, so they say, just sold out or some other such guff.
They are now telling me delivery in March (for S7, which has been out for a while). So I wouldn't hold your breath for a completely new model.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
They're saying it's a brand-newly developed action. I would suggest possibly a modified or at least finely calibrated TP40-Wood. TP40-Wood is pretty good. Not the greatest, but certainly quite nice. If it is indeed something completely new it would be very interesting.

They're releasing brand new piano samples later this year; a German grand and a Japanese grand. The current main piano sound (Vivo grand) is an American Steinway I understand (and I love it).

jaybee, have you spoken directly to Mike Roisetter, the UK brand manager? I'm sure he'd have some answers for you about availability. He's quite a nice chap and very passionate about Dexibell. His number is on the UK Proel website.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
The other day I tested a Vivo H7 without sound, just the keyboard. Found it very good - heavy. That was after half an hour playing a Clavinova which prepared me for heavy actions. The TP40 wasn't worse in any way. Maybe the differences would be in dynamics/precision. If Dexibell calibrate the Fatar actions as Nord, then that would be good enough to guarantee a great keyboard. Honestly, I begin to question the widespread bad opinion about Fatar actions. I believe that comes from the old Studiologic controllers that were crap.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by CyberGene
The other day I tested a Vivo H7 without sound, just the keyboard. Found it very good - heavy. That was after half an hour playing a Clavinova which prepared me for heavy actions. The TP40 wasn't worse in any way. Maybe the differences would be in dynamics/precision. If Dexibell calibrate the Fatar actions as Nord, then that would be good enough to guarantee a great keyboard. Honestly, I begin to question the widespread bad opinion about Fatar actions. I believe that comes from the old Studiologic controllers that were crap.

I'm told they (Dexibell) does indeed calibrate every Fatar action.

I don't think Fatar actions are the best but I agree with you; basically there's nothing wrong with them. If it doesn't get in the way of control or expression then it's good ENOUGH. There are actions which provide greater tactile feedback or pleasure but that doesn't necessarily translate into a better musical result.

I also agree that Fatar actions certainly did have issues in the past. I had two Kurzweil pianos back in the day with Fatar actions and the quality control on the key actions was very poor, ultimately causing complete failure of the instruments. But that was 20 years ago, possibly more (my God I'm getting old).

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Steve, did you just pick up a Dexibell? I played one in a store here, a red one, and liked the action. Don’t remember much from the sounds. Aren’t they updateable somewhat like Nord does it?

Studiologic Numa X Piano GT with Native Instruments Noire
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Hi. I bought S7 this week. I was more after P7, but S7 was in a nice price. Really love the piano sound. I'm getting used to keybed as well. It's not a Roland's or higher end Kawai's level, but not bad at all. In new 4.0 OS they introduced velocity editor, so after some adjustments the connection might be even better.

About new pianos: they will be available to download probably next week smile Dexibell just uploaded demos to Soundcloud. For now I recommend Salamander Yamaha C5 soundfont: the best free SF2 piano I've ever seen. A bit heavy (600MB) but very responsive with 16 velocity layers.

Ars non habet osorem nisi ignorantem
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
That store where I was are selling two H7 floor models (white and black, non-polished) for €1600 down from €2759 (the Thomann price). I was told they were barely played - well, of course they will say so laugh But I kind of believe them... Seems like a great offer.

J
J
thanks EssBrace - I didn't have that name but i will give him a shout

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by PianoZac
Steve, did you just pick up a Dexibell? I played one in a store here, a red one, and liked the action. Don’t remember much from the sounds. Aren’t they updateable somewhat like Nord does it?

Yes, bought a P7 several months ago. I really love it. Action wise it is no more than adequate. But the S7 has a superior action to the P7.

They have just 'unlocked' some additional user memory in the latest software update. Native sounds are 1.5GB and there's now a further 1.5GB of user space where you can download further sounds from their website or upload any sound fonts (SF2 format) to the piano.

They have also just unlocked a feature whereby via USB it will send MIDI and AUDIO simultaneously. I was under the impression the pianos have wi-fi capability too but that feature has not yet been enabled. It already does bluetooth audio though.

They are pretty advanced for what they are in my opinion. And the basic pianos tones are very pleasing to me.

A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
And they just uploaded new piano sounds to their website! smile

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Qaroll

Well spotted!

I haven't updated to version 4.0 yet so I'll have to get busy later.

A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by EssBrace

Well spotted!

I haven't updated to version 4.0 yet so I'll have to get busy later.

Just be prepared for some heavyweight download. New OS is around 1GB and takes some time to install as well. Cannot wait to try new pianos!

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Gosh, okay thanks.

The demos of the German and Japan grands sound excellent. Very present and natural. Will be interesting to see how they play!

Last edited by EssBrace; 02/22/18 10:24 AM.
R
R
Gosh, okay thanks.
The demos of the German and Japan grands sound excellent. Very present and natural.

Any body know which acoustic pianos were used for? Yamaha, Kawai, Bechstein, Steinway?

Kawai VPC1 | Arturia Minilab Mk2
Pianoteq 6 Pro | Synthogy Ivory II | Arturia Analog Lab Lite | Korg Collection
Roland Quad Capture | Neumann KH120 | Grado SR225i
cornet Olds Ambassador, Hohner harmonicas and melodicas
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
One would've thought that at least a bit of Italian nationalism would have taken place for their main piano sound laugh Not that I am the biggest fan of sampled Faziolis anyway.

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
They're saying it's a brand-newly developed action.

Can you point to a direct source for the quote? It could mean something different depending on the exact wording. For example, "we're using a brand new action for this model" can simply mean that it's a brand new action for them, i.e. one they have not used before, not necessarily one that's new to the world.

For now I recommend Salamander Yamaha C5 soundfont: the best free SF2 piano I've ever seen. A bit heavy (600MB) but very responsive with 16 velocity layers.

The ability to load soundfonts is, to me, one of the most interesting features about the Dexibells. But when it comes to piano, soundfont sources won't give you the string resonances that the natively developed pianos can, for example.

A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by anotherscott

The ability to load soundfonts is, to me, one of the most interesting features about the Dexibells. But when it comes to piano, soundfont sources won't give you the string resonances that the natively developed pianos can, for example.

It's a really great feature, among some other Dexibell's functionalities. The piano I mentiined is really nice except its lack of resonance. It has additional sample for that, but it sounds fake so I took 'clean' version.

PS. Congratulations on 4444th post!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission