Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
80 registered members (bennevis, 20/20 Vision, ando, Biff Steel, Agent88, akc42, 25 invisible), 1,318 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room #2714350
02/14/18 10:13 PM
02/14/18 10:13 PM
A
AB Forum Recital Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
AB Forum Recital  Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
A
Welcome to the General Discussion Room for the AB Forum “Beginners and Beyond” Recital #49!!!

Please use this room for any discussion of the pieces in Recital #49 that is taking place in the Main Recital Thread.

Discussions and replies can be posted at-will. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is appropriate. Feel free to offer more specific, technical feedback if the participant had indicated that technical feedback was welcome.

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here:

Recital #49 Response Template

Please use this thread only to discuss recital performances. If you have any comments or suggestions about ways to make the recital process better, please start a separate thread.

Enjoy the music! heart

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714422
02/15/18 12:49 AM
02/15/18 12:49 AM
Lexington, Kentucky
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Monica K.  Offline

Lexington, Kentucky
I continue to be amazed at the range and depth of playing that we see in these recitals! Congratulations, everybody!! Here's my first batch of comments:

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum: Great job on a piece that poses a lot of technical and expressive challenges!

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op: I can’t play a trill with my 2 & 3 fingers, let alone with my 3 & 4 fingers while holding down another note. eek You make this sound so easy! Great job, and congratulations on your AMEB exam!

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga: You play this underrated Einaudi gem beautifully. I personally am a big fan of fermatas, as they allow me to pass an inability to keep a consistent tempo off as “musical expression,” ha! And I much prefer your interpretation of Einaudi’s “sweet drugs” to any pharmaceutical explanation.

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah: Well, as someone who once bought some of Jarrett’s transcriptions in the completely futile hope she’d be able to play them, I am super impressed by your work on this submission. You make those big chords (even if some of them are re-arranged) sound so smooth and effortless!

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High: What a sweet, soft jazzy piece. Your arrangement off the lead sheet is full and lush, and I really liked the delicate runs you sprinkled in there.

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise: Somewhere in my cabinet of sheet music is a collection of pieces by Brian Crain, and your submission urges me to dig it out and work up some of them. This is such a pretty melody, and you play it well. I really liked your dramatic shift in volume right around the 1:53 mark–very effective!

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1: I’d have to take exception to your description of this nocturne as “easier,”; the ornamentations that you pull off so delicately are not at all easy. I agree with you–ending on the minor chord suits the mood of the piece very well.

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4: Pieces that are played a lot are usually played a lot because they are beautiful in a way that transcends time. I thought you played this very well, and no, your left hand did NOT sound like you were chopping wood!

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thine: One of the best things about these recitals is being introduced to new composers... this piece has a nice, full romantic sound that you convey well. I was particularly impressed by how smoothly you pulled off those parallel runs in both hands (e.g., at 1:20 and elsewhere).

Mason & Hamlin A -- 91997
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/pianomonica
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714432
02/15/18 03:35 AM
02/15/18 03:35 AM
Italy
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
sinophilia  Offline

Italy
What a wonderful recital! It just gets better and better.

A special mention for my usual favourites:
pianogrINW - beautiful arrangement, rich and full but with a clear melody!
earlofmar - excellent job as usual, I've nothing to say to you anymore grin
swissMS - this sounds incredibly difficult, my jaw dropped several times!
peterws - how brave to play an entire sonata, I loved this Mozart-peterws edition laugh
casinitaly - a lovely song, played with great rhythm and confidence!

Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW
To create a beautiful sound, one must imagine it at first and then learn to produce fluid physical motions that breathe life into music. (Shirley Kirsten)
http://soundcloud.com/sinophilia - http://youtube.com/sinophilia
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714445
02/15/18 05:43 AM
02/15/18 05:43 AM
Germany
Pianist685 Offline
Pianist685  Offline
Germany
So many amazing performances. I started picking here and there.

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum Indeed, a tricky piece with the melody shifting from hand to hand, also two virtuoso figures. I am very impressed by your playing. And you own a high-class German instrument fro Bayreuth. smile

04. MarieJ - Dolce droga The short Einaudis are the best. I knew this tune already, it is one of his most popular pieces. Your rendition is absolutely fine and wholly "credible", I can hear that you find yourself in each and every note of Einaudi's music.

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 miles high Dear Ed, you made me discover the virtuoso in you. Your performance is worthy of a professional pianist, not necessarily a jazz musician since the piece is less straightforward and jazzy than the tunes you have posted so far in the piano bar.

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne 32/1 Good performance of this great Chopin piece. Yes, the last chord is definitely b minor according to Chopin's autograph. The editions with b major are mistaken ( I read that in a German piano forum). This is one of my favourite Chopin nocturnes as well and my recording is on the IMSLP, accessible through my homepage link. The coda is marked "ad lib." in the score, so it is not quite clear how to play it. I like your interpretation, however, I am playing it in a more dramatic manner.

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude 28/4 Perfect, marvellous. You have caught the mood of this sad piece. It should sound exactly like this, absolutely nothing to be amended. And all this after just 18 months! Incredible.

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka 24/2 Another perfect rendition, I wonder if we are not a bit misplaced in the Adult Beginners' Forum with such great performances. I have recorded the preceding 24/1 mazurka and uploaded it on the IMSLP but did not have the courage to try the 24/2 because of its many trills and grace notes. But you can play it, obviously. Wonderful!

13. Tootles - Laurie - I want to hold your hand A classic early Beatles song, perfectly played from sheet music. Congratulations, this is a very good performance after just 3 months as an adult. I was not able to play that well after only 3 months of piano lessons when I was a child.

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song Like the song and your recording. I wonder why most of the barcarolles are in g minor (compare Tchaikovsky's barcarolle from "The Seasons" and Anton Rubinstein's barcarolles). Is there a special reason?

27. Keselo - Shostakovich Waltz Wow, really good after just 1 year and a month. You will become a good pianist. You could have submitted it to the forthcoming waltz-themed recital as well.

36. mel_lem - Kuhlau Rondo I like your very precise playing. The piece sounds much easier than it actually is. I know why I hated my sonatina phase. Hard work for a sound that only conoisseurs would appreciate. Now, much older, I can acknowledge the value of this performance. Good job!

38. FrankieC - Brahms Intermezzo 118/2 What a sound! I know that the Kawai RX-6 is a high-class concert grand but you seem to have the appropriate concert hall as well. Or does all the concert hall atmosphere come from Ableton? I have never heard of that software, but I am only an amateur. This piece is also in my repertoire. You are playing it like a world class pianist, though I do not agree with the degree of rubato at some points. But that is just a question of taste. I do comprehend why you are interpreting it in this manner: there are so many recordings of it already existing that it is hard to add an original new interpretation of one's own.

(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714446
02/15/18 06:03 AM
02/15/18 06:03 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber
Queensland Australia
A great mix of ‘old’ and ‘new’ entrants, delivering another wonderful Recital. I look forward to these so much (that is, once I’ve successfully uploaded my submission and can relax … )

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum A brilliant start! Shepherd, you played that all-time favourite just beautifully. (Mistakes? *What* mistakes? smile )

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op It didn’t sound simple to me - more like incredibly challenging. Congratulations - well done!

03. Monica K. - Gravity Monica, every Recital you inspire and motivate with your choice of piece, and your sensitive, polished performance. (And thank you for introducing me to yet another composer to add to my ‘maybe one day’ list.)

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga Einaudi’s music and my piano would have to be near the top of my ‘dolce droga’ list, too. But you’ve probably guessed that already laugh.

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah A complex, detailed arrangement - not an easy piece to play. I loved your performance.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LI

My C3 - solace.
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714463
02/15/18 07:44 AM
02/15/18 07:44 AM
Chattahoochee Hills, GA, USA
T
Tootles Offline
Tootles  Offline
T
Chattahoochee Hills, GA, USA
01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum I very much enjoyed your performance. Great expressiveness, use of dynamics, and change of moods. I’ve only been playing piano for 3 months, so all I can say is I was pretty much blown away. Your comments say you were self-taught and have been taking lessons for 4 years. I wonder how many years total you have been playing. You sound very accomplished.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714480
02/15/18 08:46 AM
02/15/18 08:46 AM
Orange County, California
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Here are a few. I'm cherry picking at first finding videos of where I can see you play. I can't be caught watching YouTube at work ;0

03. Monica K. - Gravity

Very nice! Thanks for the introduction to Maassen. Found him on Google Play. I'll have to explore more of his music.

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4

Nice job. The Roland sounds great.

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thin

Very pretty piece, as Monica said. Well done!

11. Peyton - Etude #6

Looks incredibly challenging. What are you doing for the zoom effect? Is that done after playing?

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7

Very nice, I enjoyed it. Eloquent :) This piece looks deciptively simple. I gather it isn't. Why does Chopin make you do thumb over thumb. I don't get that ;0

35. PikaPianist - Binks' Sake

That was a really fun piece to watch - exciting and lively! You're hands are jumping all over the place.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714496
02/15/18 10:10 AM
02/15/18 10:10 AM
Maine
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Maine
Wow... a lot of entries this time. I'm going to start at the back and jump randomly from there.

55. dddaaannn. Nicely done. For the most part you keep a nice easy rhythm and it moves along in a fun lively manner.

54. Chopinoholic. Wow, my hat is off. That's a heck of an undertaking and so very well done.

53. BSharp. I'm just not a huge Einaudi fan (despite the fact I'm working on a couple of his things right now) but this has to be one of my favorites. I just love the way it begins. Simple yet kind of sad and poetic. You do a, dare I say, "Splendid" job with it.

"One's real life is often the life that one does not lead."- Oscar Wilde
www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714507
02/15/18 10:55 AM
02/15/18 10:55 AM
Muove Offline
Muove  Offline
Hi all,

Wow! I just listened to all submissions and I'm totally amazed how well you all can play. How inspiring!

I also learned I will have to invest some energy in devising a good recording method. The audio on my submission is really bad comparing with all the others.
I have a zoom H1 but didn't use it. I started using rechargable batteries for it, but it drains them very quickly. I always need to replace them... I also haven't found a good position for recoriding for it yet. It always sounds so dull.

Kawai K3 upright - Roland FP30 digital piano
Started from scratch august 2014
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Muove] #2714539
02/15/18 12:38 PM
02/15/18 12:38 PM
Italy
sinophilia Offline

sinophilia  Offline

Italy
I also have a Zoom that I never use, because I haven't figured out the best settings. Actually I don't think the audio from the iPhone is too bad, just maybe don't put it on the music stand, but a bit farther away, on a tripod or a table behind you. I like to make videos, not just audio recordings, so I think I'll stick to the iPhone for now.

Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW
To create a beautiful sound, one must imagine it at first and then learn to produce fluid physical motions that breathe life into music. (Shirley Kirsten)
http://soundcloud.com/sinophilia - http://youtube.com/sinophilia
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714550
02/15/18 01:11 PM
02/15/18 01:11 PM
Italy
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
casinitaly  Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Italy
I've been able to make an early start on listening to this recital! I am amazed at the skills we're seeing here. Our newcomers are so impressive with what they're able to do with just a few months under their belts, and our long-time members just keep refining and giving us more and more inspiration.

Thanks to Monica for her work in pulling everything together!

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum -Wow! that's a pretty spectacular start to the recital. You've obviously put your time on this piece, to make it flow so seemingly effortlessly when it is clearly full of challenges! There may have been errors, but I certainly didn't notice them - I just (thoroughly) enjoyed your performance!

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op Beethoven and I are not really chums. You, on the other hand seem to get on with him quite well. You've really made some wonderful progress over the past couple of years (Mr Casinitaly is listening with me and he noted that too!) -- Most enjoyable.

03. Monica K. - Gravity There's no doubt that this is your genre! I think you bring out all that is possible in this type of music with elegance and a richness of depth that is always admirable!

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga You and Monica are definitely in the same genre club! Charming performnce of this piece and nice work on those fermatas!

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah One of my favourite traditional songs. I love to sing this. This is a very pretty arrangement and your performance made me want to sing along, --- but I didn't because I wanted to hear it properly! Really beautifully played, I loved it.

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High I am so impressed by those who can arrange pieces. I am not familiar with this piece but I certainly enjoyed your playing. It's the kind of music that immediately sets a mood and presents atmosphere. This is a piece that can transport you out of the moment. Beautifully done!

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise Your Silent system sounds really good. This kind of music always feels like it belongs in a film - this one makes me think of an opening scene in small town, rural America, sunrise, - it's very evocative and there's a uplifting quality to it that I find very appealing. I liked the drama at the 2min point! I have the feeling that you really enjoyed playing this music. I know I had a very good time listening to it!

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1 I am learning my first Chopin Nocturne, and that gives me even more appreciation for what you have done here! I love your trills and the sweet/bittersweet tones you bring out in the melody. It's a truly charming piece and you've really done it justice!

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 Overplayed? Well, played a lot - because people like it! It's certainly a piece I'd like to add to my repertoire at some point. You've only being playing for 18months? I'm blown away. What an impressive achievement! Bravo!

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thine I love hearing pieces from composers who are "new to me". This is a wonderful piece - so rich and powerful - and you played it beautifully. This was a real listening treat!

11. Peyton - Etude #6 I have trouble connecting with Glass's music - but from hearing your compositions I can see what there is in his music that grabs you smile The beginning of this piece sounds like a panic attack to me - and then it spirals into something more intense - so I think your interpretation is well-founded. I found the piece a bit unsettling - but then I expect that was the goal. Your performance was amazing to watch - and hear, --- I really hope that the person who was in such difficulty while you were learning the piece is doing better now.

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2 What a spritely performance! You capture the mood of the piece perfectly and charmingly.

13. Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand Brava! Well done! If you're doing this well at 3 months, I can't wait to see what you're doing in six! That was really good fun!

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana Thanks for painting the picture of how you imagined this story to flow . I followed your star through his day. This doesn't sound like a conventional waltz at all (I am assuming "Valses" means waltz smile ) I think you did a splendid job with painting in the colours of the story - and you manage to make it flow so well that it sounds like it is just pouring out of your hands. This tells me that you've put in all the work behind the scenes (no surprise there) - It's also rather different from other pieces we've heard you play - I am really enjoying seeing you spread your wings into so many styles these last few recitals!

15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132 I love this minuet! You're doing brilliantly for 22 months! I especially love the crispness of the second half of your performance. Well done indeed!

[Linked Image]
EPP 2018 - Germany!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714562
02/15/18 02:03 PM
02/15/18 02:03 PM
Costa del Sol
SwissMS Offline

2000 Post Club Member
SwissMS  Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Costa del Sol
01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum I love this piece, and you played it beautifully! I can understand what you are saying about passing the melody back and forth between the hands, but it sounded seamless.

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op I really like the Beethoven Bagatelles. You did a great job with this one, giving the Beethoven power and a sweet gentleness. I am sure the piece scored well in your exam!

03. Monica K. - Gravity This flowed beautifully. I can see why you liked the piece. I really like the way you paced the piece added drama and restraint. Nicely played.

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga Such a pensive piece! I like your flexibility in tempo, telling a story.

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah What a beautiful arrangement of this iconic piece! Beautiful chord work!

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High Mmm, I love your rippling arpeggios! Gorgeous arrangement.

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise I am not familiar with this composer, but I really like this piece. Beautifully played.

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1 I love this nocturne! It is not often heard. I played it a few years ago, and your rendition makes me want to bring it out again. Great job on the complex ornaments. I like your very gentle approach to the piece. If gives it a very pensive nature. I just love the ending of this nocturne! And I like the minor cord best too!

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 Another Chopin that I love! You paced it very nicely. You had a nicely projected melody and subdued accompaniment. Great job after 18 months!

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thin This is a lovely piece, and you played it with a lot of expression. You gave the piece a lot of drama. Well done!

11. Peyton - Etude #6 This piece certainly sounds dark and stressful. It also looks like a workout! I love the drama that you give it. Beautifully played!

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2 This sounds like one of the more challenging Mazurkas. Your playing was very spritely and kept the piece moving right along. Nice job.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714564
02/15/18 02:17 PM
02/15/18 02:17 PM
G
GoldmanT Offline
GoldmanT  Offline
G
Non-classical comments from me, I’m not so familiar with classical repertoire so I'll probably scan through and see if there are any pieces I want to learn from the list, seems a great variety. 😊

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah

This is a great sounding recording, has the clarity of a DP but with the liveliness of a real piano, well done. Great touch and depth of playing, just the right amount of dynamic and tempo variation, lovely performance.

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High

I played this as part of the Berkeley online jazz course so I know the chord progressions well. This is my kind of tune because the standard ii-V-I turnarounds do very little for me, whereas this has a lot of harmony changes throughout. The voicings you’ve chosen sounding really yummy. 😊

For the little solo section, there were a few too many repeated notes and repeated phrases for me, you could try to branch out and use the range of notes available, up and down the octaves too, and really try to shape some lyrical phrases. It’s tough when doing that style of comping at the same time but you could try recording the backing on a loop and then experiment with soloing over the top, it’s useful sometimes to go too far when practising to see what’s possible and then bring it back in a bit for the actual performance. Really enjoyed this one.

13. Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand

Ha, nice additional info. 😊 This is a solid rendering for someone only playing for 3 months, the rhythm in the melody is very strong. There’s probably some additional dynamics you could add in, most of the notes are the same loudness, which really shows up when you go up to the high note, so that’s something you could play around with, putting a few softer notes and accents in there, but it sounds like you’re having fun with this and are confident in what you’re doing.

35. PikaPianist - Binks' Sake

Nothing wrong with a pirate drinking song. 😊 Very solid left hand and nice touch and dynamic range overall, don’t think I could fault this performance at all.

37. newbert - Souvenir

Love the Lydian sound in the second chord change, even if it might not technically be Lydian. Not heard much Billy Joel but this tune sounds like a sober Tom Waits. 😊 Nice pace, you could go a little quieter during part of it to have more of a variation in dynamics, don’t know if that’s the way pianoteq is responding to your playing though.

44. SandTiger - Capistrano v2

I’m learning Debussy’s Serenade Interrompue and the opening section reminded me a little of that, the Spanish sounding chords. The left hand chords in the first mvt are quite clanging, that might be intentional but if there are lots of root/fifth going on (not sure but that’s what it sounds like) you could introduce some different intervals to give it some more colour. I also didn’t quite feel the difference between the three movements, the tonality seemed very similar all the way through, it felt like a single whole to me. I’m always impressed when people are writing their own tunes though as it really helps understanding of music overall.

47. Serge88 - My Love

I watched the video and from the first chord I knew this was going to be a good performance, something about the careful and delicate way you approached it. A simple tune nicely rendered, well done. 😊

50. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Knowing When To Leave

You had me at the twinkle at 24s. 😊 Bacharach has so many interesting chord progressions it’s a lot of fun to jam on them. Have you ever backed up singers with songs like this?

Last edited by GoldmanT; 02/15/18 02:19 PM.
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714566
02/15/18 02:26 PM
02/15/18 02:26 PM
Pittsburgh,PA
piano_primo_1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
piano_primo_1  Offline
500 Post Club Member
Pittsburgh,PA
The players and pieces are a humbling listening experience for me! Quite a recital , and new impressive players ...yet everyone was cool!!!

Comments on the first page of players ....

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum quite beautifully played , the dynamics were super. Enjoyed the listening experience, a wow experience especially at the falling notes at about 3:29 , This really sounds pre recorded in a studio!!! Great goin…

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op Enjoyed the authentic sound of the piano and great playing! Well played trills…and exact timing.

03. Monica K. - Gravity Beautiful piano and well played moving piece. Enjoyed the emotionally moving bass and melody. This is a pop song - isn’t it? And seems like these kinds of pieces are really hard to make “full” in the sense that they usually are written to have accompaniment instruments like a guitar etc… but yours worked well.

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga Well played piece good recording ,, enjoyed the listening exoerience!

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah I love this piece and you played it very well, I savored the sound… Good work…I think the sound of this can only sound as meant if on a acoustic piano…BUT I might try this for the next recital …on a digital …lol

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High Beautifully played, nice listening experience.

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise moving dynamics and exact timing, impressive-thanks for the listening experience!

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1 nicely played and delicate touch when needed , thank you for the listening experience!

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 Wow! This was really played well and was emotionally moving, more so than I’ve ever heard it played. Not stiff at all.. (Limited classical music though on my part …but that doesn’t matter!) Thanks…

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thin Impressive and beautiful…thanks!

11. Peyton - Etude #6 Excellent playing, forceful dynamics and meotive.

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2 delicate dynamics ,touch and different style of music, beautifully played.

13. Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand Well played, I used love this song too. Nice authentic acoustic sound.

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana Sounds like a difficult piece to play, hard to identify the motif, but great and super playing .![Ireally think of this piece as “abstract” music”

15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132 nice steady tempo, good sound, maybe more dynamics ?. But I can’t say for sure because I’m not familiar with this piece. Good, well very well at 22 months of playing none the less.

16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor Impressive recording (except for the very beginning when you could hear the setup  ) This is beautifully played , thanks for the listening experience. Love the falling passages…

17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang delightful short piece well played Thanks!

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1 Agreed, quite bouncy melody ,almost a humorous kind of melody ..ok you could smile, but very well played.

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 Never heard this , somewhat like a somber ode to…. Anyway, good playing and super piano sound to the recording.

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6) High fidelity sound to the recording and well played. Thanks, somber piece, it is …. Mmm, different boat song than I know …

21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor Well played, somber piece. Nice authetic piano sound to this recording . Thanks!

22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773 (Steady nice tempo and firm playing ,, good recording , Trills were exact. Thanks for the listening experience!

23. peterws - Mozart K331 impressive , different variations to the same motif, quite a piece to play and very well played-recorded! Enjoyed the scenic video and listening experience.

24. MeganR - Summer Drought Different style of music the tension of the non-chordal tone was interesting, almost jazzy . well done thanks!

25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1 quite a moving piece. Well played, just can’t say what it evokes in me feeling wise…reverie..of something…not really a sad piece. Enjoyed the listening experience.

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well quite a dedication and well played , emotive piece somewhat with a hint of sadness nostalgic longing …thanks

27. Keselo - Waltz Articulate well played piece, Nice recording and enjoyed the listening .

28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green Vangelis haven’t heard him in a while but liked the theme from mutiny on the bounty ..I felt also hypnotized by the piece, sort of puts you in a calmed mental state.
Maybe that’s why you feel like you’ve just come back when it ends, you min d state changes ? …well done/ Thanks

29. Ralph L. - Introduction and dance (piano+keyboard) Wow, I liked this a lot ‘course I like the original too. Thanks for the performance and it was well done!

Cheers!!!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714594
02/15/18 04:11 PM
02/15/18 04:11 PM
S
SMA55 Offline
SMA55  Offline
S
Lots of impressive work already in just this first batch of pieces. This is shaping up to be a really nice recital!

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op
Nice job. I enjoyed this piece and your performance.

03. Monica K. - Gravity
Very nice, Monica! I’m not familiar with this composer or the piece, but I enjoyed it very much. And you did a great job performing it!

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga
I’m definitely not the person you’d want to be commenting on an Einaudi composition. But you do a really good job with this. Well played, Marie.

Nice arrangement. And I really enjoyed your playing!

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High
Your playing never fails to please, Ed. And I enjoyed your arrangement, as well.Great job!

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise
I’m not familiar with either the composer or this piece, but you did a really good job with it, and I enjoyed it.

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1
I am familiar with this Nocturne, but I’ve yet to tackle it. I think you did a wonderful job with it. Bravo!

This is one of those pieces that sounds remarkably easy, however it requires a lot of finesse to achieve convincing performance. And in my opinion, part of achieving that requires playing the left-hand softly yet evenly (as you yourself said you were attempting to do) and bring out the melody in the right hand. You said that you did not want the left-hand to sound like you were chopping wood (haha!), and I think you succeeded in that. Overall I think you did a really nice job with this. I would’ve liked to have heard the melody brought out a bit more, but that’s just a minor point. I believe this piece would be a difficult one to play on a digital piano, such as you did, because the left hand really does require a refinement of touch usually not afforded by anything other than the action of a grand piano. Good job!

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thin
Very well played! That was nice. I enjoyed it. You clearly are an accomplished pianist.

11. Peyton - Etude #6
I’m impressed, Peyton! This piece does not sound easy. And yes, I did feel the desperation—maybe even urgency—come through in your performance. Really well done!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714638
02/15/18 06:11 PM
02/15/18 06:11 PM
Maine
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Maine
3. Monica. I love this and love your playing of it. It does remind me a bit of Einaudi.

4. MarieJ. I don't believe I've heard this one before. Kind of short and sweet. I'm not sure I would have even guessed it as an Einuidi. Doesn't seem at all like his usual left hand. Very sensitively played.

www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714643
02/15/18 06:54 PM
02/15/18 06:54 PM
Near Yosemite, California
MeganR Offline
Silver Subscriber
MeganR  Offline
Silver Subscriber
Near Yosemite, California
Love love love these recitals! First batch:

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum No mistakes noticed here, just an enjoyable listen to a beautiful piece.

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op You did great with the trills, I hear you on Beethoven's "trickiness" smile

03. Monica K. - Gravity This is Einaudi-ish, you did a great job of bringing out the emotion and grace of the piece.

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga Some good drugs right here. Oh wait, I mean I loved listening to this piece.

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah One of my very favorite songs ever, I have sung it since I was a girl, and greatly appreciate your lovely version.

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High Gorgeous and delicious, loved.

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise I could envision myself standing on the back porch watching the moon come up between the trees - ahhh! there she is! Beautifully played.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714644
02/15/18 07:20 PM
02/15/18 07:20 PM
Lexington, Kentucky
Monica K. Offline

Monica K.  Offline

Lexington, Kentucky
Second batch:

11. Peyton - Etude #6: I’ve played enough of the easy Glass pieces to be in awe of how gracefully you pull off the polyrhythms in his difficult pieces! This is a dark piece, indeed, and I love those resounding low bass octaves in it. [Do you take requests? I’d love to hear you play Glass’s Evening Song piano arrangement.]

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2: You give this mazurka such a lovely, delicate bounce. I just wish it were longer!

13. Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand: Congratulations on your AB Forum Recital debut! I think your playing is impressive for only three months. Don’t worry about the pedal–sooner or later it will become like second nature and you won’t even be aware that you’re doing it.

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana: I enjoyed the story you made up for the piece... I read it first, and when I listened to your recording I knew *instantly* when the busy city commute part started! I especially liked the dreamy concluding chords. Good job!

15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132: I never have anything intelligent to say about the Bach pieces and have to fall back on my usual “Boy, Bach is HARD! I tip my hat off to you for pulling off the various voices so well.”

16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor: I think C-sharp minor is my favorite key. I’m amazed at how well you play this piece with only a little over two years of lessons... wow Those trills are tough!

17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang: This is such a charming, cute piece. It reminds me a lot of Bach, but comes across as warmer/friendlier than the typical Bach piece. Nicely played!

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1: It sounds like you had fun playing this! Very jaunty, but as you note, a nice combination of jauntiness with a more singing interlude. I especially liked the triumphant chords at the end.

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3: I thought you conveyed the solemn tone of this piece well–I see what you mean about it sounding rather hymn like.

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6): This may be my favorite of the Mendelssohn songs without words–so sad and brooding. I thought you played it excellently. I was particularly impressed by the part at 1:23 or thereabouts when you strike the same note six times in a row, but each time it hits a slightly different emotional tone. I suspect that took a lot of control over dynamics!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714649
02/15/18 07:33 PM
02/15/18 07:33 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
1 Sma55

Very nice work on this Lizt piece. Good dynamics, pleasant sound, can't fault it. lovely work!

2 earlofmar

I just tried playing the start of a B. Sonata, and find I no longer seem to be able to. I enjoyed your work on this, nice sound and feel to it.

3 Monika k

Not Einaudi, but very enjoyable. Found it so relaxing, and your piano looks the business; lovely gentle touch. Well done.

4 Marie J

Einaudi at it's best, methinks. This is also relaxing, pleasant sounding on your sweet piano. Lovely work.

5 pianogrlNW

Splendid rendition of this song, one of the best I've heard to date. O to play like this and not forget it all a fortnight later . . .

6 Riddler

Relaxing jazz; an oasis of calm amidst the bustle of the city. This is seriously good, and I wish . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714716
02/16/18 01:20 AM
02/16/18 01:20 AM
Florida
R
Riddler Offline
500 Post Club Member
Riddler  Offline
500 Post Club Member
R
Florida
01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum
Shepherd, that was truly beautiful! I have heard Liebestraum played by professionals many times, but honestly, I never enjoyed it more. It is a bit of a thrill to hear “one of our own” take on a masterpiece like this and succeed so well. I have never thought about the mechanics of switching off between hands, because I have never seen the score, but now that you mention it, I can see that this is a very demanding aspect of the piece. You certainly did it seamlessly. Well done!

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga
MarieJ, that was lovely. Sweet melodies alternating between minor and major, played gently with an out of time feel. I think you handled the fermatas just right; they add to the melancholy feel of the piece, I think.

Ellen, that was beautiful. It is really amazing what Jarrett can do with even a simple folk tune. Every time I try to play a transcription of one of the great jazz pianists, I have trouble with those tenths. There oughta be a law!

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise
Constantin, wonderful playing! I really do get a sense of a moonrise - a feeling of serenity, then drama. Very expressive, with appropriate dynamics throughout. I have never heard of the Piano Disc silent system before, but it certainly has a good sound to it.

Jerzyk19, that was wonderful. No matter how many times I hear this prelude, I always enjoy hearing it again. Well done.

11. Peyton - Etude #6
Peyton, well done. This piece has a real intensity to it, a bit of an edge, which you're playing brings out well. Watching your hands makes me realize that playing these Glass pieces requires some different technique skills than most of the pieces we play. You have got it well under control (or, should I say - in hand)!

16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor
I always look forward to hearing this Nocturne, and am always rewarded. Well done, I really enjoyed it. Those trills and runs must be difficult, but you pulled them off well.

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714743
02/16/18 05:44 AM
02/16/18 05:44 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber
Queensland Australia
06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High Both the arrangement and the performance were stunning - wonderful, Ed!

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise A very sweet piece, so delicately played. I actually have a list of works by other composers to explore one day, when I run out of challenges from you-know-who smile ; I'll have to add this piece to the list.

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1 I’m not qualified to comment on technicalities but I *can* tell you that I thought that was beautifully played - thank you!

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 A Chopin favourite of mine. Oh, to have been able to play like this after just 18 months! Congratulations!

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thin I love hearing new-to-me composers in these Recitals, and this was impressive. You did Glenc proud.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LI

My C3 - solace.
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714757
02/16/18 07:19 AM
02/16/18 07:19 AM
Germany
Pianist685 Offline
Pianist685  Offline
Germany
Some more comments.

02. earlofmar – Beethoven Bagatelle You are absolutely right, Beethoven’s Bagatelles are anything but that. He wrote even more sophisticated ones in his late years, some of which I cannot understand let alone play. This one here is feasible, and you did it very well. The trills are all okay. I would prefer some ritardando at the end.

03. Monica K. - Gravity I did not know the composer before, but I found on Wikipedia that he is German, returned to composing and performing in 2011 after some absence from the music business. I find the piece much Einaudi-like, and by coincidence you are endorsing my remark that there are many other great composers of minimal music. You found one of them in Germany, I found another in the US in mutual admiration.

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah Wow, Keith Jarrett... Rather romantic arrangement of an all-time great. 10ths, hmmm... I am playing them in an arpeggio style, that works well.

14. SwissMiss – Valses venezolanos no. 1 One thing I particularly like about PW is the possibility to discover new pieces every day. So they are playing waltzes in Venezuela? Your recording is fantastic, as usual, and it seems your Boesendorfer has not suffered from the tempest you had recently. The story you invented seems to fit to the piece. I wonder if Miguel Astor gave background information on his composition in any way, though.

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The town I loved so well What a melancholic song on such a sad topic. But the last lines of the lyrics give at least some hope, provided the prayer will be heard. Your rendition is quite appropriate, and Phil Coulter would surely like it. I knew Coulter already, some of his pieces are regularly played on Classic Radio in Germany, mostly his “Coulter Ghost”.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714763
02/16/18 08:43 AM
02/16/18 08:43 AM
Maine
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Maine
23. Peterws. - a lovely way for me to start my morning by listening to your lively and wonderful playing. A great undertaking and nicely done!

24. MeganR. This is weird but the beginning of this reminds me of "Mountain" by Einuidi. That said.... Short, sweet, and well played.

26. Casinitaly. An absolutely lovely piece. I can tell you really love it by the care and warmth you give it.

www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714792
02/16/18 11:14 AM
02/16/18 11:14 AM
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
A few more.

21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor

I enjoyed it - I gave it a thumbs up laugh I also like the simplistic recording method.

25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1

Very nice. I always enjoy listening to Chopin.

27. Keselo - Waltz

Well done. I don't think I've heard of Shostakovich until now. I'll have to explore more of his work.

29. Ralph L. - Introduction and dance (piano+keyboard)

Nice job, Ralph. I liked the added accompaniment.

43. noobpianist90 - Divertimento in G Major Hob. XVI: 8

Very pretty and relaxing. I really enjoyed watching that. Well done.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714831
02/16/18 01:53 PM
02/16/18 01:53 PM
Maine
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Maine
01. SMA55 Yeoww.... that is some beautiful playing on what is such a technical piece. Well, well done.

www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714850
02/16/18 03:03 PM
02/16/18 03:03 PM
Florida
R
Riddler Offline
500 Post Club Member
Riddler  Offline
500 Post Club Member
R
Florida
20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6)
JoBert, that is really quite a pretty piece, lots of switching back between major and minor tonalities in a very appealing way. You must have worked on the fingering quite a bit, I think I hear a lot of melodies being played in thirds, they sounded quite even and quite good. Well done.

23. peterws - Mozart K331
Peter, that was very impressive, and very enjoyable to listen to. You say you took a few liberties? Okay, fine with me, whatever it takes to convert a difficult piece into a playable piece. I do it all the time. By the way, I can't help wondering what the folks were doing on the mountaintop in your video.

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well
Cheryl, that was quite touching, and played beautifully. It's a sad tale isn't it? The particulars may be different, but we have all experienced something like this with our hometowns. Your playing brings that point home quite well.

28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green
Goldman, wonderful work on the Vangelis piece. To me it had a feeling of nostalgia, sadness. You do quite an impressive job on those arpeggios, especially the ones that pass from the left hand to the right hand; it all sounded rather seamless. Well done

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7
Sinophilia, good work on the Chopin Prelude. I enjoyed it a lot. Funny, isn't it, how we sometimes make progress overnight, when we are not expecting it?

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714866
02/16/18 03:57 PM
02/16/18 03:57 PM
Maine
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Maine
6. Riddler-Always a pleasure listening to your playing and this (of course) is no exception. What a delight!

7. Pianist685- It's funny but I wouldn't label this as "Minimal music"... but then I'm not sure what that label even means. It's just a very lovely piece. Very poignant and a bit dramatic. Very nicely played.

8. Gandolf-
I agree, such a lovely work. One of my favorites as well. You play it wonderful and with great feeling. A joy to listen to.

www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Riddler] #2714889
02/16/18 05:24 PM
02/16/18 05:24 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
Riddler

Thx for the comment, Ed. The hills are an easy drive from where I live; used to bike over 'em a few years ago regularly. You often get a bunch of walkers here, probably celebrating the Summer Solstice, or whatever. They're a weird lot . . . . :):

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714934
02/16/18 08:41 PM
02/16/18 08:41 PM
Lexington, Kentucky
Monica K. Offline

Monica K.  Offline

Lexington, Kentucky
Third batch, and then time for a break to watch more breath-taking Curling competition in the Olympics. laugh (Does a more useless sport exist than curling? I don't know.)

21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor: I wasn’t familiar with this piece from Songs Without Words, but I liked its almost minimalist flair and how brooding and calm you played it.

22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773: Another challenging Bach invention! You keep the different voices clear and distinct in your playing. thumb

23. peterws - Mozart K331: You should feel rightly proud of this performance... the ornamentations (at that blistering tempo!) alone were impressive. The joy you had in playing this shines through.

24. MeganR - Summer Drought: Your playing captures well the contradictory and somewhat ominous tone of the title of the piece–summer *should* be a pleasant time, but not when there’s a drought. The discordant notes and chords make this an edgy, unsettling piece, which is not bad: Music is here to inspire and educate us, and sometimes in dark ways.

25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1: You call this one of the “easier” nocturnes, but it sure didn’t look easy to me–the left hand remains busy, and those runs in the right hand would give me conniptions. I thought you did a great job, and I loved the orchids on your piano. smile

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well: What a beautiful, sad song. I was so compelled by the lyrics that I looked up Coulter’s original recording. I agree completely with you; there’s a poignancy to this piece, and you do a great job of expressing it.

27. Keselo - Waltz: When I think of Shostakovich, I don’t think of waltzes! I didn’t know he even composed waltzes. You give this piece a lilting, sad air that’s very pleasing. I think the tempo you’re playing it at now is perfect for it.

28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green: Oh, Blade Runner is such a great movie... and the soundtrack had a lot to do with that. I love your playing of this contemplative piece filled with both regret and–as your final chord attests–hope. I can see why this is your ‘desert island’ piece. smile

29. Ralph L. - Introduction and dance (piano+keyboard): Ohmigosh... I had no idea that your piece was “Those were the days...” until I started listening to it. This was one of my (deceased) mother’s favorite songs, and she used to sing it to us all the time in my childhood. I’ve got tears in my eyes listening to you. I like the transition from slow, sad solo piano beginning to the jazzier section with added instrumentation. I just wish it were longer. Thank you!

30. Medden - Giorni Dispari: This is one of my favorite Einaudi piano solos, and one of the ten or so I’ve kept permanently memorized. You play this nicely, with a languid delicacy, especially that beautiful high interlude from 4:30-4:48. Your tempo is slower than Einaudi’s, but I think the slower tempo works intriguingly well in this piece.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714953
02/16/18 11:17 PM
02/16/18 11:17 PM
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
A few more ...

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum

If you made mistakes, I wouldn't know. I think we are much more critical of our own performance, than we are of others that perform. My teacher on the other hand is not hesitant to say what's wrong. Sounded great to me. Enjoyed the slideshow smile

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op

Nice job, earlofmar. So what is the pencil trick to playing chords legato?

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga

Very nice, dolce smile Which Pianoteq setting did you use?

Pretty and eloquent. Out of curiosity, what sort of chord rearrangements do you do when you come across 10ths? I can't span those either. In I Giorni, I moved some of the 10ths down to an octave.

Last edited by bSharp(C)yclist; 02/16/18 11:19 PM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar Nazi

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  BB Player 

New In Our Store!
New In Our Store!
key racks with hand sanitizer
Attn: Piano Teachers, Music Teachers, Studios!

A rack made from actual piano keys, with individual hand sanitizer for each student!
Tons more music related products in our online store!
(ad)
Jazz Piano Lessons
Jazz Piano Lessons
New Topics - Multiple Forums
An absolute bargain
by David-G. 09/19/18 08:19 PM
Eighth notes
by Progman. 09/19/18 05:31 PM
Maybe she's right
by squidbot. 09/19/18 01:24 PM
Any thoughts on this
by N W. 09/19/18 12:06 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Steingraeber
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics187,379
Posts2,746,677
Members91,042
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission