Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
83 registered members (bennevis, 20/20 Vision, ando, Biff Steel, Agent88, akc42, 26 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2716411
02/22/18 01:42 PM
02/22/18 01:42 PM
Germany
Pianist685 Offline
Pianist685  Offline
Germany
Thanks to everybody for listening and commenting. I really do like this community of kind and friendly people. I am looking forward to meeting you in the waltz-themed recital next month.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2716433
02/22/18 03:15 PM
02/22/18 03:15 PM
Toronto, Canada
G
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
Greener  Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

G
Toronto, Canada
Sorry to be a bit behind but will get started with some now. There has been lots happening since I'd visited here early this past weekend when was enjoying listening to the recital. Thank so much for those that have also been listenting and have taken time to leave your kind words of acknowledgement, especially. It is great to be here and to be a Piano player. cool So here we go ... most of these I'd written yesterday with ambitions to do many more but ...
anyway posting this for now. smile

1 SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum
This is a distantly familiar piece. This interpretation as fine as I remember it should be. There could be no more perfect of piece when the mood strikes, so kinda piece you want to have. Nice open, great job.

2 earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op

There is some rich harmony in this. Can relate to challenging aspects sometimes coming when you may least expect. Transition of chord changes is sounding good and legato coming nice. Very good. Thinking more Beethoven now as well.

3 Monica K.- Gravity
I'd have instantly thought Einaudi prior to reading your description. I only Vaquely recall it being termed as minimalist music but the word captures the essence of it well, and genre in itself it has become. This represents the genre well. Nice playing and is always pleasant listening.

4 MarieJ - Dolce Droga

Really good job with this.The change that happens at 1:03, 1:17 and again later in the piece (2:29 2:44) are brilliant. I forgot what are Framatas when reading your right up but understand now, like taking a breath. Not sure where they are, but you did a nice job of completing your phrases so everything seems to flow quite natural. Nice playing.

5 PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah
Agree about the lovely harmonic progressions. It is a pleasure listening to this. Thank you.

6 Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High
Powerful opening and showmanship flare is great contrast to the gentle swing and sophisticated harmony that follows. Hadn't heard it, but I dig it. Nice jazz number, Ed and good playing.

7 Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise
This is very pretty. Really nice articulation and clarity throughout. Great job.

8 Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1

You're right it is a lovely Nocturne and one I was not familiar with. This is lovely example of the work and very fine playing, indeed.

9 Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4
Really a nice piece to have and always come back to on occasion. Every few years say. I have never thought of this as an over played piece. Upon hearing it and later discussing it early on in my tenure here at PW, I hadn't heard it since my early childhood and only then a fleeting memory of it. In any case, it is a treasure piece and will always be worth taking more time to spend with it. Nice work.

10 zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thine
Nice control. Lovely piece with great changes and you play it well. Good performance.

11 Peyton - Etude #6

Glad you have brought this composer to light for me and with other pieces in the past. It is an unmistakable style and most enjoyable contrast to the usual fair. Nice interpretation, playing and enjoyed the video.

12 Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2
Sounds like a very challenging piece. You make light of it though and everything is nice and clear. Very good.

13 Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand
Good for you and glad to hear you are having great time with it. What seems hard now will be easy soon enough and gets better and more fun. Nice work and just keep practicing smile .

14 SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos # 1 Adriana

This has quite sophisticated harmony and I can relate to the struggle this can present in understanding it when learning pieces like this. Solid playing though and components of it are like .. take your breath away gorgeous. Very nice where it comes back to original theme at 2:50. Nice playing and Great job.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2716501
02/22/18 07:24 PM
02/22/18 07:24 PM
Near Yosemite, California
MeganR Offline
Silver Subscriber
MeganR  Offline
Silver Subscriber
I'm a little behind on my commenting, working on it!

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1 Such a beautiful nocturne, amazing performance.

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 You did a great job with your left hand.

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thin This composer was new to me also, I love learning about composers unknown to me. Also, beautifully played.

11. Peyton - Etude #6 A very emotional piece, edgy and dramatic. Really well played.

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2 Wonderful! Uplifting and jaunty, dynamics were great. Really enjoyed.

13. Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand A great first recital! It's hard to go wrong with a Beatles tune, this was super fun.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2716541
02/22/18 11:24 PM
02/22/18 11:24 PM
M
Micael K. Online content
Micael K.  Online Content
M
Hi everyone,

First recital for me and I really enjoyed participating, so many talented and passionate players! I am a little late with my comments because I mostly listen to the recital on my iphone and I find it hard to keep up with the html5 player, the descriptions and taking notes at the same time. So I decided to create a little webapp which is very similar to the html5 player but with the addition of full information for all pieces and a place to save comments. I only have a few comments so far but will continue to post them!

First of all, I would like to thank everyone which commented on my Chopin Nocturne: Sam S, pianopi, cmb13, Moo smile, MarieJ, cSharp(C)yclist, piano_primo_1, SwissMS, Monica K., it is very very much appreciated! (I hope I didn't forget anyone) I have been following pianoworld and the recitals for awhile now but never had the courage to post something. I always find something wrong, something that could be improved but I decided lately that too bad, if I always wait for perfection I will never be able to share anything! So here I am, breaking the ice and sharing my performance with more people then I ever did in my whole life!

Originally Posted by Moo :)

52. Micael K - Chopin - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2

Nicely played. You seem to have progressed very quickly, this is not an easy chopin so I'd feel proud with that result. The end was very well played - I thought I was the only one here who played 4th on black octaves but you did it at 3:45 to keep the legato - which was very nice ! In the left hand try to join the 2nd and 3rd beats in left hand with legato fingers (not the pedal - my teacher always had me on this one - I also had this in the piece in 18). I would try to keep quite left hand in the Chopin when its you are playing two notes in the base, so similar tips to number 9 where you want to try to quite the base if you have a there is a long note in the melody. But good job overall !

Thanks for the feedback! I was initially using 5th on all octaves but I didn't really liked the sound of it and I wanted more fluidity so I decided to try 4th on black keys and never looked back. The left hand is specifically something I want to improve, I really have a hard time getting it soft without missing any note. For the recording I decided not to try to play it too softly because when I do that sometime one of the chord note will almost not make any sound. I rather have a left hand a little louder with all the notes then having it softer but missing a note once in awhile (even then in my recording I do have the same problem in some places).

Very nice observation about the about the long note in the melody, that really got me thinking lately and I started to pay more attention to it.

Originally Posted by MarieJ

52. Micael K - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2 You must have been a child prodigy if 20 years later it took you only a couple of years to reach this standard - I’m in awe. Beautifully played!

Thank you for your nice comment! I don't think I was a prodigy as a child but I was indeed very motivated (or should I say obsessed). I also think that being born with Richter music playing at home (my father was a real fan) also helped to develop my piano playing.

And onto the comments! first batch!

01 SMA55 (Shepherd), Liebestraum (Liszt)
Very nice! You must have worked very hard. This is the next piece I am going to learn and I am sure it will be a very long journey! You use an interesting recording method, I might try that someday instead of my regular XY method.

I agree with your comments about being perfectionist, I was feeling the same way recently and was never happy with any of my recordings, at some point I said I need to stop aiming for perfection! And here I am with my first recital!

02 earlofmar, Bagatelle No 11, Op (Beethoven)
Nice piece which I didnt really know until now. Good job!

03 Monica K., Gravity (Dirk Maassen)
Really nice smooth piece! Exactly the type of piece my wife like to play. I will suggest it to her. Between that MA sounds really awesome! I need to listen to this piece again on my good speakers.

04 MarieJ, Dolce Droga (Ludovico Einaudi)
Really like the little melody, nice phrases. Beautiful.

05 PianogrlNW (Ellen), Shenandoah (Unknown)
Didnt know this american folk song. Nice playing and thanks for sharing. Discovering a lot!

06 Riddler (Ed), 500 Miles High (Chick Corea)
Nice, I started getting into jazz a little (classically trained) so can't comment much other than I really enjoyed to listen to you playing!

07 Pianist685 (Constantin), Moonrise (Brian Crain)
Nice little relaxing music!

08 Ganddalf, Nocturne Op.32 no.1 (Chopin)
I agree we dont hear it often and it is beautiful, and beautifully played!

09 Jerzyk19, Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 (Frederic Chopin)
Looks like you figured out how to made those LH chord soft and even, good job!

10 zsolpyW, I fix my eye in thine (Jacek Glenc)
I didn't know Jacek Glenc, thank's for sharing! You are right that is a beautiful piece and I enjoyed listening to your performance. I do hear a lot of clipping though which makes it hard to appreciate the forte passages, Let me know if you re-record it!

11 Peyton, Etude #6 (Philip Glass)
Enjoyed listening to your performance, I can feel the despair in your playing.

12 Sandalholme, Mazurka Op24 No2 (Chopin)
Very good, Love The light trills!

13 Tootles/Laurie, I Want to Hold Your Hand (Lennon and McCartney)
Nice progress in 3 months, I'm very impressed continue the good work!

14 SwissMS/Doris, Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana (Miguel Astor)
I really enjoyed reading your story while listening to your performance! I don't know that piece but I really enjoyed it.

15 Piano2138, Menuet BWV Anh 132 (J.S. Bach)
Very good! I would be curious to listen to a non-midi performance.

16 h8dk97, Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor (Chopin)
I really like Chopin nocturnes and you played it very well. I am amazed how these zoom devices can capture a good sound.

17 Anita Potter, Zum Anfang (Nicolai von Wilm)
Fun little piece!

18 dumka1, Mazurka op. 7 no. 1 (Frederic Chopin)
Listening to this with a smile on my face smile.

(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2716634
02/23/18 10:53 AM
02/23/18 10:53 AM
Dorset, UK
S
sandalholme Offline
500 Post Club Member
sandalholme  Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Dorset, UK
Thank you Greener, MeganR and Micael K for your comments. Re trills - which I have struggled with like everyone else - 2 points. Firstly I had a long spell playing an acoustic harpsichord almost exclusively. I love the French baroque: lots of trills and short ornaments. The harpsichord has a light action and effectively no dynamics. So I learned to trill lightly and without needing to bother about dynamics. Transferring this back to the piano, acoustic and then digital, took a while, but it was based on the knowledge that I could play fast enough and evenly enough in terms of tempo, which helped. So it might help DP users to use a light action, turn off dynamics and practise trills/ornaments, get the confidence, then transfer the skill. No promises, as I did it somewhat differently, but it is worth thinking about. Secondly, I read recently, I think it was Cybergene in PC, that the secret for soft trilling is to hardly lift the fingers, so the notes are repeated with the smallest movement of the fingers and keys. It may depend upon the DP's action - I have a medium DP, Kawai ES7 with 3 sensors - but it works. Still leaves the very tricky bit about crescs, dims through a long trill of course, but, hey, aren't we used to small steps?

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2716649
02/23/18 12:01 PM
02/23/18 12:01 PM
D
dumka1 Online content
dumka1  Online Content
D
I finally finished listening to all the submissions (had to go on a short trip in the middle of the week). What a wonderful recital! Again, I'm impressed with the talent, the variety of styles presented, dedication, everything! So glad I joined this forum last year. Thanks for all the comments, too. I almost feel guilty this mazurka was so lively smile

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2716650
02/23/18 12:02 PM
02/23/18 12:02 PM
S
SMA55 Offline
SMA55  Offline
S
52. Micael K - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2
Very nicely done! Not an easy piece to learn. Soon you’ll have it completely mastered, I’m sure. Good work.

53. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Nuvole Bianche
Sorry that I keep having to qualify my comments about performances of Einaudi’s works this way, but I’m just not at all a fan of his minimalist compositions (with apologies to all of his fans here). My own feeling about minimalistic music is that it has its place (e.g. in films, where such music can be counted on to leave a space for visual imagery and/or dialogue). But as a central focal point for listening, it just doesn’t have enough substance or progression to hold my attention. That being said, Dan, I think you do a truly wonderful job in your execution and expression of this piece. Good work.

54. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Prelude op.23 no.4 D major
You did a really good job with this piece, and I enjoyed your performance. Also, you have a very nice piano. So you should consider being nice to it right back and get it tuned. smile

55. dddaaannn - Fantasia in C Major You played this very well indeed, and I enjoyed it. Good work!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Riddler] #2716658
02/23/18 12:26 PM
02/23/18 12:26 PM
Brentwood, TN USA
FrankieC Offline
FrankieC  Offline
Brentwood, TN USA
Originally Posted by pianopi

#38 FrankieC What a really wonderful performance. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Thank you pianopi! I am happy you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by timmyab

Special mention to FrankieC and his Brahms Intermezzo. I don't think that performance would sound out of place at the Wigmore hall. I'm not much of a lover of Brahms solo piano works, but that left me wanting more.

Thank you timmyab! Of course being from the US I had no idea about Wigmore hall. I just looked it up and I must say that I am honored that you would even mention me, Brahms and the Wigmore in the same post :-). I would love to play there one day but for now I won't quit my day job and enjoy my Kawai at home playing to my imaginary audience ;-). Or give a local recital here and there when I have the time. Thanks for your kind words!

Originally Posted by Riddler

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2
Welcome to the recitals. That was an awesome performance, excellent in every way, and a joy to listen to. Well done.

Thank you for the welcome Riddler! It's great to be here. I'm not sure why I did not join Piano World sooner. I am glad you enjoyed the performance.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2716665
02/23/18 01:22 PM
02/23/18 01:22 PM
Germany
Pianist685 Offline
Pianist685  Offline
Germany
I just had the time to listen to another beautiful recording.

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eyes in thine (Jacek Glenc) - I do like this kind of piano music and especially this song. Yes, I did not know the composer before, but I would not call him "unknown" according to my internet search. He seems to be a professor at the Akademia Muzyczna in Kattowice (Kattowitz). There are a lot of emotions in this piece that you bring out in a perfect manner. There is one Youtube recording of this piece, played by a young female Polish pianist, but I find your interpretation better. Her version is too slow in my opinion. You are really mastering the piece. I found some clips of the sheet music with explanations in Polish in an article by the composer; the score does not look too complicated. Is the complete sheet music of the piece in the internet somewhere?

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2716724
02/23/18 06:01 PM
02/23/18 06:01 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
34 Timmyab

Nice Mendelssohn, man! Interesting piano; I tried the Blu(e)thner and liked it. Ah! One o' these days. . . . .lovely work, it rang out so well.

35 Pika Pianist

A lively piece which I never heard before! Lots of style here; and loads dynamics. Tremendous!

36 Mel lem

You worked hard on this intricate tune. Never heard one slip up, not that I was looking for one . . . . . . .a real fun piece. Well done!

37 Newbert

Billy J certainly knew how to write tunes. I like this this sentimental sounding stuff. Nice.

38 Frankie C

Fabulous piano, big sound, hard to fault your wonderful playing. A joy to behold.

39 Sam S

I'd never associate this with Grieg. Then the guy was a bit special, I guess. You cracked this one Sam. Very nice!

40 Piano Primo

I never done any Haydn. Sounds very tuneful and music-lesson-ish in the days when a wooden ruler was used as an instrument. Of retribution . . . .Lovely melodious playing Sam.

The Bottle Calleth . . . . 'bye guys!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: peterws] #2716833
02/24/18 08:10 AM
02/24/18 08:10 AM
S
SMA55 Offline
SMA55  Offline
S
I enjoyed this recital very much and was amazed at all of the talented pianists out there. Great job, everyone! Thank you to everyone who listened to my own submission, and a special note of appreciation to those individuals who took the time out to comment on it, namely Monica K., Pianist685, MarieJ, Tootles, casinitaly, Swiss MS, piano_primo_1, MeganR, peterws, Riddler, Peyton, bSharp(C)yclist, Sam S, cmb13, Ralph L., Greener, and Micael K.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2716855
02/24/18 11:07 AM
02/24/18 11:07 AM
MeganR Offline
Silver Subscriber
MeganR  Offline
Silver Subscriber
14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana What a very interesting piece, really enjoyed!

15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132 Well done, very clean and expressive.

16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor Such a beautiful nocturne, so impressed!

17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang Great job with this, it made me think of going for a picnic on a pretty spring day.

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1 This is great, very bouncy, I could totally get up and dance about a bit. smile

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 You play this so well, I'm inspired to explore Songs without words for future pieces.

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6) Super, really just beautifully played.

21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor Another inspiring piece! Well done!

22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773 I love Bach so much, this is also one of my favorite inventions. Very clear, precise, really enjoyed.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2716921
02/24/18 03:38 PM
02/24/18 03:38 PM
Pacific Northwest
P
PianogrlNW Online content
500 Post Club Member
PianogrlNW  Online Content
500 Post Club Member
P
Pacific Northwest
I enjoyed this recital and hearing some new pieces for the first time, such as Riddler's 500 Miles High, Pianist685's Moonrise, szlopyW's I Fix My Eye in Thine, SwissMS' Valses Venezolanos #1, cmb13's Consolation, to name a few. I appreciate those who listened to my Keith Jarret cover of Shenandoah and those who took the time to comment - Monica K, sinophilia, MarieJ, casinitaly, SwissMS, GoldmanT, piano primo 1, SMA55, MeganR, peterws, Riddler, Pianist685, bsharpCyclist, cmb13, Micael K., and Greener.

Very much looking forward to the upcoming Waltz Themed Recital!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717050
02/25/18 06:00 AM
02/25/18 06:00 AM
Italy
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
casinitaly  Offline

Italy
My last batch! This has been such a pleasure!

Thank you again to everyone who worked so hard to produce these most enjoyable performances.

34. timmyab - op102 no4 We're rich in Songs Without Words in this recital. Your performance captures all the charm, delicacy and light sparkle of this piece deliciously. What a marvellous piece to relax with. Beautifully played.

35. PikaPianist - Binks' Sake I think this piece takes the prize for absolutely the most fun in this recital! What a blast! It was delightful to watch your video and see your fingers dancing and snapping on the keys - there was so much variation of nuance as you moved through the piece - I was chuckling outloud ! That was just great! Thanks!

36. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina Op. 88, No. 2 "Rondo" Sweet! I picture an old-fashioned carousel, gaily coloured and women in long skirts, strolling with parasols, children in pinafores and men in top hats. Great tempo and energy in your performance - just lovely! Well done!

37. newbert - Souvenir I'm a big Billy Joel fan, so I got a kick out of this. Thanks so much for the trip down memory lane!

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2 I am speechless. An absolutely breathtaking performance that gave me goosebumps. In an earlier post I talked about more advanced players being inspirational for those of us who started later rather than earlier in life. We've had a lot of really wonderful performances here in our recitals, but in the 8 years I've been participating, this has to be one of the very best ever. Thank you so much for sharing this with us - it was simply wonderful.

39. Sam S - Notturno Sam, there are a lot of delicate nuances here - and even though you say it is a work in progress, it's certainly at much more than just a respectable point of development. I think you are doing a great job at bringing out the harmonies and its very enjoyable listening, no doubt about it. It would make a great 1/3 of your recital at school --- which other pieces might you play with it?

40. Piano_primo_1 - Little SerenadeCharming! A tasty little gem played perfectly in character.

41. that'sRich - Mazurka in F Minor. Opus 57 No.3 from Trois morceaux. Interesting, I don't think of Mazurkas as being "bitter" - but I do see what you're talking about in terms of the imagery of a conversation. There's a huge amount going on in the piece. It flows really well, but it's easy to see that behind this flow, there was a great deal of care and dedication to make it so. Very nice indeed!

42. andy250 - Krotka bajka Another "new to me" composer. It's very interesting to hear the modern quality that is evident in this piece. It's a very handsome piece, with very pretty touches twinkling throughout. Your performance has a great balance between bold decisive touches and delicacy. I enjoyed listening.

43. noobpianist90 - Divertimento in G Major Hob. XVI: 8 I loved this! Your trills were charming! I 'm really glad you decided to work on the whole sonatina - it was a super-enjoyable performance!

44. SandTiger - Capistrano v2 I think it's fabulous that you do so much composing. I think your piece caught the feeling of birds flocking, sweeping and swooping high in the sky. ....but a stormy sky at the beginning, I think! I prefered the second part, which is more delicate, and the third had a bitter-sweet element to it. This seems to be a leap in progress again, both in terms of composing and performing - good for you!

45. joangolfing - Reverie (Sweet Dreams)Very prettily played -- your new approach seems to be working for you! There's a lot of moving and stretching for your hands, more power to you if you don't have to look (much smile ) Your performance inspired me to get out my book and have a look at the score - I think I'd like to try this.

46. LadyAcadia - Carnival of VeniceThis is very sweet! I know this tune as "My hat it has three corners, three corners has my hat, and if it has not three corners, then that is not my hat". This is charmingly played with a lovely delicacy and flow. Very enjoyable!

47. Serge88 - My Love I loved your arrangement (your keyboard sounds fabulous too) - and it was fun to watch your video on your screen as you played. Your performance had a soothing tranquility to it that was heartwarming. Lovely, just lovely!

48. Greywullf - Chopin Prelude Op. 28, No. 6 I love my dose of Chopin on a Sunday morning! You've chosen a faster tempo and much greater intensity for this piece, in contrast to what I have heard in the past. You definitely played it well, and with great feeling, your performance really got my attention, and it was fascinating to hear this new approach. I'm not certain that I feel it is right for the piece, but it was really interesting. You're certainly - obviously - having a great time with having your wonderful piano back with you!

49. Muove - Schumann - Op. 68 nr. 6 - Armes Waisenkind We all have fought (and are still fighting) the battle of getting a good recording. You've come a long way in 3 years - Schumann is not simple. While there are always things we want to improve, I think you have a lot to be proud of with this performance, you have a good "crispness" to it and it flows very well. Very nice performance indeed!

50. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Knowing When To Leave Well, by ear you say? With this level of complexity? It is truly beyond me to understand how this could be easier than reading the music and I say that sincerely and with a big dollop of envy! I don't know this piece, but the Bacharach style comes shining through. I love the power and energy in your performance and knowing that you're doing it on your own just makes it that much more thrilling to hear. Bravo indeed!

51. thepianoplayer416 - Goldberg Var. #30 & Aria - BWV988 I love hearing these pieces performed with harpsichord. I have trouble thinking how a harpsichord could help anyone get to sleep though , it's a bit to harsh for really relaxing to the point of sleep I think. Very nice performance. I like the tempo you've worked with. While I didn't get drowsy I certainly relaxed and enjoyed listening!

52. Micael K - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2 This is one of my favourites, I hope to have it in my repertoire one day, and play it as sweetly as you have done here. I believe you've captured the delicate tone of the piece perfectly.

53. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Nuvole Bianche I didn't understand most of what you said about your recording smile but it certainly sounded gorgeous! I watched the video (I like to see hands dancing on they keys) and you move with absolute confidence, it was great to hear and see. I'd suggest an alterative to the page shift so as to avoid that longish gap, but otherwise, my comments are only positive. You brought an energy to this piece that I find is often lacking in Einaudi music and this was a big plus in my books. Well done!

54. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Prelude op.23 no.4 D major I am not familiar with this Prelude, but I loved it. There's a reverie quality to it that is very soothing and calming, and then a richness and depth that really touches the spirit. Beautiful music, beautifully played.

55. dddaaannn - Fantasia in C Major Delightful! You've definitely got the right tempo and tone and reflect the character of the piece and the period beautifully. What a charming conclusion to our recital.

[Linked Image]
EPP 2018 - Germany!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717051
02/25/18 06:14 AM
02/25/18 06:14 AM
Italy
casinitaly Offline

casinitaly  Offline

Italy
Thank you to those who listened to my piece and took the time to give me your feedback!
sinophilia, piano_primo_1, Pianist685 (hope to meet you at the EPP!), Peyton, Riddler, Monica K, (thanks for the compliment of the comparison!) SwissMs (thanks for noticing the bigger sound, I was working on that!), Sam S, Marie J (when I bought my piano I hoped to play the piece, but I couldn't imagine when I would, I tried a couple of years ago and it was still way beyond me then, it's been a long journey, but I made it!) , cmb13 (My heart goes out to you and those who have been directly touched by the tragedy in Florida - I think we're all touched at some level, but certainly it's not the same as living nearby. I hope and pray that we see no more of these horrific and heartbreaking acts). sma55, pianopi, peterws (careful because that's the only way I can do it peter! I don't have your ability to tweak and modify!) , RalphL.

It is truly rewarding for me to have been able to play this piece, and to hear that I was able to convey the emotion inherent to it. I'm touched that so many of you connected with the sentiments and told me about how you felt while listening to it. You have really made me feel I've reached a new level (that has been a long time in the making). The fact that some of you are interested in learning the piece after hearing me play it - wow.

This piece touched me deeply from the first time I heard it - even before I knew the story behind the notes - and now it holds an even more special play in my heart.

Thank you one and all.

[Linked Image]
EPP 2018 - Germany!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717112
02/25/18 11:42 AM
02/25/18 11:42 AM
T
that'sRich Offline
that'sRich  Offline
T
A wonderful recital full of interest and variety in styles. Sorry it's a bit of a late start, but here goes with my first batch of comments:

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum
Beautifully played - so expressive and to play such an involved and substantial piece such as this also from memory is very impressive. I loved listening to your performance.

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op
I loved the changing harmonies of this piece through the boldly played chords and strong bass line and although predominantly chordal the melody came over clearly. I thought your trills were successfully executed too. A pleasure to listen to.

03. Monica K. - Gravity
Very well played - seemed to have a quiet reflective beginning which developed into a strong insistent driving rhythm which made a powerful statement easing off eventually to the quiet original mood. Enjoyable experience to listen to and excellent performance as usual.

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga
A sweet and sensitive piece played equally sweetly and sensitively. I thought the fermatas were a very important part of the music as if giving time to contemplate on the statement just made and given the ideal length in your interpretation - very nicely played.

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah
You have done a great job of playing this lovely tune. It seems to be quite an involved arrangement with extra parts to the melody I wasn't familiar with (the choir I am in have been singing this the last couple of years but the melody is simpler). Delightful chord changes - I very much enjoyed this.

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High
Beautifully played with exciting arpeggio flourishes found throughout. I liked what seemed like a habanera rhythm accompanying the melody through the piece. A fascinating piece which was a delight to listen to.

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise
A great piece which was played with much expression and confidence. The sudden crescendo in the middle added to the power and atmosphere. Very enjoyable.

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1
Superb performance - articulately played and with excellent ornamentations, trills etc. Altogether a real pleasure to listen to.

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4
A sensitive, lovely performance, in particular from someone who has only been playing for 18 months! The left hand chords sounded well balanced and still softly played, (I have had the same problem too - as with my last submission to ABF - making all notes sound in very softly played chords). You did a good job of this, well done!

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thin
An exciting and challenging piece full of what seems like very difficult runs single hand and both hands together - but performed so well. Great to listen to!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717140
02/25/18 12:49 PM
02/25/18 12:49 PM
T
that'sRich Offline
that'sRich  Offline
T
The next batch...

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana
An unusual piece - very involved with a great deal going on - a lot of passion, turmoil, (particularly in the second section), anxiety and sorrow. Many emotions are well portrayed in your playing of this piece. I enjoyed it very much.

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3
A pleasant little piece - the atmosphere it evokes is thoughtful and calm and has a hymn-like quality. You played it nicely and I enjoyed listening to it.

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well
I liked this piece very much and your playing certainly emphasises the poignancy in it. When I read through the verses to the song it supported and added to this moving atmosphere. A pleasure to listen to.

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816
You did a good job of playing this piece which I thought sounded demanding and on the go nearly throughout. I also thought you executed the trills very well and they sounded evenly played to me. It's interesting to hear the way the right and left hand parts seem to interweave. Very enjoyable listening.

39. Sam S - Notturno
A beautiful piece and sensitively played with expression and feeling. Trills were played excellently. A great piece to relax to.

40. Piano_primo_1 - Little Serenade
Bright playing of a short, sweet and delightful piece. I enjoyed listening to it and wish it lasted longer.

Very competent performance of this dramatic piece. I like the way the melody begins very slowly with a meditative mood then develops more and more to a climactic peak then a sudden transition back to the meditative mood then again building up and finishing finally as it had begun. Great piece!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717147
02/25/18 01:02 PM
02/25/18 01:02 PM
pianopi Offline

pianopi  Offline

Thank you again, everyone who commented, for your really encouraging replies! It gives me great energy and enthusiasm! Piano_primo_1, Peyton, peterws, your comments made my day! (And thanks for looking at the t-shirts).

I have an hour - let's see if I can get the rest listened to and commented on.

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum Wonderfully played! Very well done!

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op Great job! Your trill is agile, strong and even. I enjoyed listening to your playing very much!

03. Monica K. - Gravity Beautifully played. Lovely rising up of the melody in the higher notes.

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga Beautiful and flowing. Very nice expressiveness.

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah I love the slow thoughtfulness of your playing of this piece. Lovely.

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High Wow! Really great job.

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise Excellent playing!

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1 I really enjoyed the combination of delicacy and robustness on your playing. Lovely subtle driving feel to this. Great trills!

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 That was really well played! Great job.

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thin Wonderfully expressive. I enjoyed listening to it very much.

More to come later, but time went faster than I did. Thanks for a lovely Sunday morning listen!

"Genius is not the sign of demigodliness, but the sign of having a profoundly practical mind" - anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTc4esj9xQG6NjLIr9an29Q
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717220
02/25/18 06:09 PM
02/25/18 06:09 PM
MeganR Offline
Silver Subscriber
MeganR  Offline
Silver Subscriber
23. peterws - Mozart K331 This *was* a fun piece to listen to, liked the video also. Is drone operator also one of your mad skillz?

25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1 Beautiful, also, very nifty trills!

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well A wonderful song, love your story, poignant in the best way.

27. Keselo - Waltz A soft flowing waltz, well done.

28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green As another commenter said, this has a hypnotic, meditative quality, really enjoyed listening.

29. Ralph L. - Introduction and dance (piano+keyboard) Got my toe tapping, love the accompaniment!

30. Medden - Giorni Dispari Very evocative, sweet and delicate where it needed to be, with those hints of shaded sadness (?) as contrast.

31. Muhwu - Schumann - Knecht Ruprecht - Op. 68 No. 12 Great job with the jumps, loved the contrasting styles of this piece.

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816 I know I say this all the time, I dearly love Bach - you did such a nice job with this, trills were fine but you captured so well the flow of this. Well balanced and a light touch. Loved the T shirts also!

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7 Really liked listening to this (too-short) piece, yay for your having conquered those leaps.

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717227
02/25/18 07:13 PM
02/25/18 07:13 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
41 That's rich

Powerful piece; doesn't sound easy. Dunno about a lovers' tiff, rather more like the missus talking . . . can't get a word in! A good sounding short piece; enjoyed the listen.

42 Andy 250

Very sweet, expressive and strong performance, and lovely modern piano sound to boot. What's not to love?

43 Noobpianist90

Your equipment sounds fantastic. Your playing is efforvescent, light where needed, and has plenty of strength with character. Very good, man. Be proud!

44 Sand Tiger

You could attach many thoughts and interpretations to this piece . . .a journey through the wprking day, a trudge through the paperwork, a glance at the good looking one as she swans through the office . . .the gaffer's dark look as he catches you looking . . . .
A nice variety of stuff here. Well done!

45 Joangolfing

Nicely played. I enjoyed the melodies and sound you got from this. Nice work.

46 Lady Acadia

You nailed this pretty well; darned good work. Sounds like it's onwards and upwards for you, lass!

It's all good, guys. These quarterly recitals are brilliant. Two more o' these and I'll be entering my next decade . . . .Oh what fun. Not . . . .. smile

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717410
02/26/18 06:09 PM
02/26/18 06:09 PM
Brentwood, TN USA
FrankieC Offline
FrankieC  Offline
Brentwood, TN USA
Apologies for my delay in response but my work schedule has been quite busy these past few weeks. I subscribed to you on YouTube if you provided a link to a video. I started listening and commenting on these performances Sunday, February 25th, in the morning while consuming my usual two very large cups of coffee at my home in Brentwood, TN. I finally completed listening to them on Monday the 26th in a hotel room in Raliegh, NC after finally settling in from a day of travel for work. I enjoyed every one of the performances (and the cofee too ;-) ). I did my best to comment but there are no words I could find that would do any of you any justice. Every performance was inspiring to me. Thank you for sharing your talent.

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum I thoroughly enjoyed this performance. Not only do I commend you for taking on learning this piece but I also commend you for taking the time to memorize it. I agree with your comments. Perfect just ain't ever gonna happen. How lucky are we that you decided to submit this work as is. I know I enjoyed it and learned a lot from listening to you play it so thank you for doing this. I can't wait to hear what you will be learning next.

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op Nice job on the trills! I agree with your comments as these pieces can be quite tricky. You did a terrific job with this work none the less! Keep up the great work!

03. Monica K. - Gravity I have never heard of this composer. I like this work and I like the way you perform it. Your interpretation is fantastic. I think it really conveyed the message the composer wanted to get across. Excellent!

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga I think you played this very well. In your comments you express that you found the fermatas to be a significant hurdle but I think you cleared them like only a true artist could. Actually, that's the way I felt about your entire performance. I thought you displayed significant artistry through this entire performance. It was very moving. Thank you for sharing your talent.

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah This performance was like a breath of fresh air for me. I think I will come back to listen to it again when I need a reset which should be fairly often ;-). Excellent playing! Excellent arrangement (gotta love Keith Jarrett) and I like the way you balanced the harmonies. I also like the fluidness of your technique. The sound quality of the recording is awesome! Keep up the great work!

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High Nice arrangement! I really liked the way you played this. I admire someone who can make up their own arrangement from a lead sheet. You did a great job with this. Thanks for sharing!

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise I love this composer. I don't think I have heard any of his works that I don't like. You played this piece very well and the recording sounds great to me. You mentioned in your comments that it did "need that much reverb." I think the reverb was just right. Not too much, not too little. Perfect! lovely perforance! Thanks for sharing.

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1 Very nice Gandalf! This was a very enjoyable performance in every way. You play very well! Thank you for sharing this with us.

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 So you have only been playing for 18 months and you play like this? Excellent! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to hear what you sound like at the next recital ;-).

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thin You play very well. I enjoyed everything about this performance. I love the fluidity of your technique. Just wonderful. You are a joy to listen to! Thanks for sharing!!

11. Peyton - Etude #6 I thought this was a fantastic performance. Nice piano, nice sound, great performer. I have never heard of this work and I don't know what Philip Glass intended either. However, I think your interpretation and performance delivers the feelings of desperation and despair that you articulated in your comments. Bravo! Thanks for sharing!

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2 I liked the way you played this Mazurka. I like your playfulness, spontaneity, phrasing and use of dynamics. You play very well. Thank you for sharing.

13. Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand I can't believe you have only been playing 3 months. You are exceptional! Thank you for sharing!

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana I have never heard of this composer or this piece. Very interesting work and I liked the way you portrayed it. I also like the story you developed for it and I think it really goes along with this piece quite well. Thanks for makeing me aware of this composer and thanks for sharing your work.

15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132 Excellent work on this piece especially after only 22 months of study. Keep up the great work! Can't wait to hear what you have in store for us next time around ;-).

16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor I love this piece and you play it very well. I think it is nothing short of amazing that you are playing at this level after such a short time. Bravo! I loved everything about this performace. Keep up the great work!

17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang Nice clear and steady technique. I also like the way you brought out the inner harmonies of this work.

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1 I like the playfullness you displayed in playing this work and I also like that you took the time to memorize it. Good for you! I am also happy that you did not let your last recital mishap get you down and that you got back up, brushed yourself off and submitted this performance for the recital. Bravo! I can't wait to see and hear what you prepare for the next recital!

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 I think you are doing very well for only playing 4-5 years and I think you did a good job with this. Keep up the great work!

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6) I thoroughly enjoyed your performance. It was an absolute pleasure to listen to. Thank you for sharing it with us.

21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor Wonderful performance! I liked the way you brought out the inner melodies and your phrasing. Bravo!

22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773 So you have been playing for just 15 months and you are already tackling the Inventions with much expertise. This is an exceptional feat in my opinion. I liked your touch and the finger independence you displayed through out this entire piece. I can't wait to hear your progress at the next recital. I have high expectations given your performance this time around ;-). Just lovely! Keep up the great work!

23. peterws - Mozart K331 I love this piece and I love the way you made it your own. I like your playfulness. Lovely phrasing. Your arrangement and interpretation are very original and I love it!! Thanks for sharing!

24. MeganR - Summer Drought Excellent! It always makes me happy to see an artist who is willing to play many different styles. Per your comments I know this is a "different" style for you. I thoroughly enjoyed your interpretation, execution and performance! Bravo! Great work!!

25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1 I loved everything about this performance. You play very well. Thank you for sharing your performance.

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well I have never heard of this work or this composer. Thank you for making me aware of Phil Coulter and thank you for providing his commentary. As I listened to you play this, I envisoned myself walking through the town he loved that had changed so much. While listening to you play this work, I found myself going on a journey through that town with you. The journey stirred up a lot of emotion in me and was a lovely experience. Thank you for sharing!

27. Keselo - Waltz Excellent! I love your touch and expression. You played this very well and I am amazed at your progress after just 13 months. Wow! I can't wait to hear what you have in store for us at the next recital!

28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green Beautiful! I think Vangelis himself would be proud! You played this very well and I think the sound you chose for this fit the piece very well. I loved everything about this performance.

29. Ralph L. - Introduction and dance (piano+keyboard) Nice job on the arrangement. You are coming a long nicely for one year of self study. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to hear you perform at the next recital ;-).

30. Medden - Giorni Dispari Welcome back! Wonderful playing! Very fluid. Very moving. Just lovely! Thanks for sharing our talent.

31. Muhwu - Schumann - Knecht Ruprecht - Op. 68 No. 12 You started off playing this work with such conviction and clarity which is just the way the first section should be played in my opinion. Then you shifted character quite effectively and expertly balanced the harmonies through the following section. I loved your performance. I can't believe you have only been playing for 2 years. Keep up the great work!

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816 I like your touch - it fits the style very well. I think the tempo is perfect. I think your trills and ornaments are coming along nicely. Keep up the great work and thank for sharing!

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7 Excellent! I love this little prelude and you did a great job with it.

34. timmyab - op102 no4 You play very well. I like the balance you achieved with the harmonies in this piece. I loved everything about this performance. You are a joy to listen to. Thank you for sharing your talent!

35. PikaPianist - Binks' Sake I think you did a fanstaic job on the transcription/arrangement and your playing is impeccable! I had so much fun watching you play this. Awesome performance! Can't wait to here you play more. Bravo!

36. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina Op. 88, No. 2 "Rondo" I love the way you played this work. You stayed true to the style and you played it with such expertise. You also made it sound like a ton of fun. It was a joy to listen to you play. Bravo!

37. newbert - Souvenir Always love to hear tune by Billy Joel and you did a great job with this as a piano solo.

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2 Well this is me so I won't comment ;-). But I did want to thank everyone for their very wonderful and supportive comments. I am glad I found piano world and this inspiring community. Thanks for being here!

39. Sam S - Notturno I love this piece by Grieg. It is the first impressionistic work I learned when I first started taking formal piano lessons. My teacher gave me a choice of three works to select from and I chose this one. Her response to me was "you are going to learn a lot from this piece." Boy way she right! I learned so much from this little piece and it will always have a fond place in my heart. I think you are doing a great job with this. It's just not as easy as it sounds and I don't think anyone can really understand just how intricate it is until they try to play it. The 3 against 2 in the right hand alone can be challenging and couple that with what the left hand is doing it can be even more challenging to keep the inner voices quiet enough so the melody sings through clearly without sounding like it is bouncing or jerking back and forth between the inner voices. Then of course there are the loooooong and oh sooooooo quiet trills that decrescendo. Oh, and the bass notes that need to ring out in perfect balance to support everything else that's going on. All of this makes for a challenging task in my opinion. My favorite part is when the thirds come in with the right hand and the arpeggios with the left. I try to make these sound as much as the waves of the ocean surf as much as possible. I try to make them sound like the waves that build, crash against the shore and pull back. I think you are doing great with this work especially for the amount of time you have been playing it. You have not been playing it long at all and you have all of the fundamentals in place. I wish I could hear what this sounds like after you have worked on it for six to nine months. It will be heavenly I am sure! Best of luck with this! Bravo and thanks for sharing!!

40. Piano_primo_1 - Little Serenade I love this serenade by papa Haydn and I like the way you played it. Thanks for sharing!

41. that'sRich - Mazurka in F Minor. Opus 57 No.3 from Trois morceaux. Thank you for providing background on this work. Nice job getting the message across. I agree that "bitter" is a very interesting choice of words for a composer to use. I think you did a good job of getting the message across to the listener. I like the way you balanced the harmonies, and varied the tonal character of each melody to emulate the conversation. Excellent work! Thank you for performing this work. I learned a lot from your performance and enjoyed it very much!

42. andy250 - Krotka bajka I love the harmonies in this work and I love the way you play it. Great job on arranging the ending. I don't think I could tell it was a different person who created it if you never said anything. You play very well. I can't wait to hear what you sound like with more than five months of serious practice.

43. noobpianist90 - Divertimento in G Major Hob. XVI: 8 I loved the way you played this work by papa Haydn! I love your touch - very articulate. I think its fits the style perfectly. I also like your phrasing, the way you use dynamics and your execution of ornaments. I think your tempo for each movement is perfect. I would not change a thing! Excellent work! Thanks for sharing!

44. SandTiger - Capistrano v2 This is a very interesting, original composition. Thank you for providing the commentary on it. It really helped me to understand what your objectives were for this composition. I think you effectively achieved those objectives. The next time I see the swallows I am going to play this piece in your honor ;-). Thank you for sharing this beautiful, creative work or yours.

45. joangolfing - Reverie (Sweet Dreams) I agree with your comments. I know it can be challenging/frustrating to migrate between a acoustic and digital piano. Sometimes the digitals just don't cut it especially when the expertise of the player is at a level like yours. I appreciated your performance none-the-less. I thought you played this very well. Thank you for sharing it with us.

46. LadyAcadia - Carnival of Venice Great job! I like the clarity of your touch. It fits this piece perfectly!

47. Serge88 - My Love What a perfect tune for this time of year! You have a wonderful ear and I like the way you played this. I also like the sound quality of the recording. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

48. Greywullf - Chopin Prelude Op. 28, No. 6 Congrats on getting your piano back! I may be faced with a similar situation soon and will miss my RX-6. It's funny how these pianos become an extension of us. You play very well and I enjoyed your performance. I make it to Seattle often - usually to the Redmond/Bellevue area. Pehaps we can meet up some time if you are up to it.

49. Muove - Schumann - Op. 68 nr. 6 - Armes Waisenkind Your phrasing and touch are excellent. Given that you have come so far in such a short time, I am sure you will meet all of the objectives you have outlined in your comments in short order. Keep up the great work!

50. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Knowing When To Leave You have a great ear. The fact that you were able to do this by ear amazes me. Keep up the great work!

51. thepianoplayer416 - Goldberg Var. #30 & Aria - BWV988 The balance of harmonies you achieved throughout this entire piece is fantastic. I loved the way you performed this work. Thank you!

52. Micael K - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2 Nice job on this work! I like your phrasing and usage of rubato. Just like Chopin would have wanted his rubatos to be - "like a flicker of a candle." I also like the way you implemented dynamics and created many different shades of color throughout this entire performance. I like your trills especially the latter ones and I also like the way you handled the cadenza-like passages as well.

53. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Nuvole Bianche I love Einaudi's work. I'm blown away by the fact you have only been playing for 2 years! Keep up the great work!! Your comments lead me to believe that you are not completely happy with your pedaling. I think it sounds great!

54. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Prelude op.23 no.4 D major Excellent playing and I love the way you emphasize inner harmonies throughtout this entire work. At some points I thought you were playing with four hands ;-). Just lovely! Thanks for sharing!

55. dddaaannn - Fantasia in C Major I like your touch and the clarity at which you executed notes, phrases and trills. Made me feel as though I was back in Telemann's day :-).

Last edited by FrankieC; 02/26/18 06:28 PM.
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717541
02/27/18 11:32 AM
02/27/18 11:32 AM
P
Piano2138 Offline
Piano2138  Offline
P
Sorry, I’m late into commenting; I will start from the middle of the list.
Thank you to all for listening and the kind comments.

30. Medden - Giorni Dispari
Welcome back to the recitals! Nice playing, enjoyable flow of the music.

31. Muhwu - Schumann - Knecht Ruprecht - Op. 68 No. 12
Well done for 2 years of playing!

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816
Excellent playing of a difficult piece. The trills sound fine to me.

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7
Enjoyed your playing, congratulations in managing the leaps.

34. timmyab - op102 no4
Excellent playing. Delicate touch and well balanced voice-harmonies.

35. PikaPianist - Binks' Sake
Excellent playing and congratulations on an expressive transcription. Joyful and catchy interpretation. Not familiar with anime music, but I was not expecting this rhythm.

36. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina Op. 88, No. 2 "Rondo"
Another cheerful melody from you, interpreted with confidence and like with no effort (deceptive, as it means hard work). Well done!

37. newbert - Souvenir
I am not familiar with this style of music, but I appreciated the excellent playing, well conveying a melancholic feeling.

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2
Professional level playing, what I can say about it? Excellent!

39. Sam S - Notturno
Remarkable harmonies, enjoyed your playing, how you varied the dynamics and it doesn’t sound at all as a work in progress.

40. Piano_primo_1 - Little Serenade
Sweet little piece, well done!

Slowly, Separately, Sections - Graham Fitch
My SoundCloud
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717551
02/27/18 12:52 PM
02/27/18 12:52 PM
pianopi Offline

pianopi  Offline

Thank you that'sRich , MeganR , FrankieC , and Piano2138 for your kind and helpful comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and give feedback. My time is short this morning so I don't have time to listen to further performances, but once the weekend comes around again I will get back to enjoying the rest of the recital.

"Genius is not the sign of demigodliness, but the sign of having a profoundly practical mind" - anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTc4esj9xQG6NjLIr9an29Q
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717598
02/27/18 06:34 PM
02/27/18 06:34 PM
MeganR Offline
Silver Subscriber
MeganR  Offline
Silver Subscriber
34. timmyab - op102 no4 This was just great! Beautiful and lyrical, really enjoyed.

35. PikaPianist - Binks' Sake Totally fun! So bouncy for arrrrrr Pirates!

36. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina Op. 88, No. 2 "Rondo" As another commenter mentioned, this does have carnival tones, but in the fun and happy way. Great control and articulation.

37. newbert - Souvenir Great version of this Billy Joel tune.

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2 Holy moly, beautiful sound from your piano, amazing playing, loved this.

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717655
02/27/18 09:47 PM
02/27/18 09:47 PM
Florida
R
Riddler Offline
500 Post Club Member
Riddler  Offline
500 Post Club Member
R
Florida
45. joangolfing - Reverie (Sweet Dreams)
Nicely done. I love the way the melody develops and the way the countermelodies play against it. Well played.

47. Serge88 - My Love
Love that song! Good to have you back, Serge. I like your playing and your taste in songs. You are sounding as good as ever!

48. Greywullf - Chopin Prelude Op. 28, No. 6
A staggeringly beautiful piece, played masterfully! Wonderful left hand work. Well done.

50. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Knowing When To Leave
Very full and spirited arrangement. Very listenable. Be advised that I am copying your arpeggios - you can expect to hear them sometime on a recital or piano bar.

Ah, one of my all time favs. I grew up listening to this piece being played poorly, so I love it all the more when it is played so well. I really enjoyed listening to your performance. Thought you came on particularly strong at the end. Well done.

Beautifully done, Paul. The guy knew how to compose! And you know how to play! Loved the counter melodies and the dynamics. It is fascinating to see your hands sharing space with each other without getting in each other's way.

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2717786
02/28/18 04:04 PM
02/28/18 04:04 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
47 Serge 88

Nice rendition of one of McCartney's songs. You got a good sound here, played with the laid back feel that the song demands. Nice, man!

48 Greywolff

Sounds a tad hard; I like preludes because they're usually short, and set the scene for what follows. This was steadily played, confident and set the scene well.

49 Muove

I love Schumann's stuff. I know exactly what you mean when you mention inattention and unwanted thoughts . . .Well done, keeping to the straight and narrow. You played it nice and crisp, sounded good.

50 Yamaha G3 and P80

I do a lot of playing by ear. Sometimes it's easier for me to just use the music, it stops me losing focus and it's easier on the ole brain! Nice work here, with good runs and stuff.

51 The pianoplayer416

Sounds good on the harpsichord. Gives it a period feel. Well done!

52 Micael K

A popular piece, which you handle so well. Your fingers seem so light . . .

53 Bsharp cyclist

Trouble is with Einaudi, he takes so darned long to get into things, if he actually does . a boot up the . . . wouldn't go amiss (ha ha I shouldn't have said it.) But you must have the patience of a saint. Nice sound, and from what I hear, faultless playing. And the tune does get going, in it's own way . . . Have fun!

54 Chopinaholic

This is way over my head and so dramatic. Varied dynamics are apparent. For me, music of this type needs a visual element such as a film moment . . .Lovely, expressive playing.

55 dddaaannn

Good job here. You play precisely, confident and seem unstoppable. I like that and imagine you'll handle harder pieces in the same ebulient way. Very good!

Thank you guys. I do find it a bit hard commenting at times; I'm not qualified really, but appreciative of the time and dedication you all show. Music is a marvellous thing, and it's not just for the selected few. Keep 'em coming, guys!
Thanks to the promoters who've made this possible and so enjoyable.
Be seein' ya . . . . smile

Last edited by peterws; 02/28/18 07:04 PM.

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2718006
03/01/18 08:34 AM
03/01/18 08:34 AM
Maine
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Maine
15. Piano2138- Very nicely played. Just nice and smooth and elegant.

25. Greener- I think this may have been the first Chopin Nocturne i ever learned and I share your love for it. It's just such an emotional, beautiful piece. You do it great justice.

38. FrankieC- Wow....That is just a magnificent performance. I think I'm too under qualified to say more... smile

"One's real life is often the life that one does not lead."- Oscar Wilde
www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2718064
03/01/18 12:54 PM
03/01/18 12:54 PM
Poland
A
andy250 Offline
andy250  Offline
A
Poland
This has been a great recital and a new experience to me. Thanks for all great performances - it was a pleasure to listen. Also many thanks to all who listened and made the effort to comment - in my case cmb13, pianopi, bSharp(C)yclist, SwissMS, Monica K., MarieJ, piano_primo_1, SMA55, casinitaly, FrankieC.

@Monica K. - maybe the shift it's exaggerated a bit in my version, but that's how I feel it. The poem can be found here (PL version only): http://literatura.wywrota.pl/wiersz-klasyka/37293-ewa-lipska-bajka.html. I don't dare translating it into English, as probably I will fail at finding the right words (English is my second language). Anyway I think the poem is about time passing irrepressibleand about relationships in our lives. And yes - fading the endings is... bad in general smile

@FrankieC - agreed, the harmonies are great and somehow unusual to me. I highly value this composer in general. There are a few other pieces by him which I am considering as recording candidates in near future. I am also curious to hear myself playing in a few months smile

Thanks again, and see you in the waltz recital thumb

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2718099
03/01/18 03:33 PM
03/01/18 03:33 PM
P
Piano2138 Offline
Piano2138  Offline
P
41. that'sRich - Mazurka in F Minor. Opus 57 No.3 from Trois morceaux.
Thank you for introducing to a composer I didn’t know. Well transmitted the tension of the bitterness. And I’ve also learned a new musical term :-).

42. andy250 - Krotka bajka
Enjoyed your playing, how the rhythm suddenly changes. This is another unknown composer to me, interesting harmonies.

43. noobpianist90 - Divertimento in G Major Hob. XVI: 8
Beautiful! Soft delicate touch and nice, well executed ornaments. Well done!

45. joangolfing - Reverie (Sweet Dreams)
Wonderfully played. Well done, considering that you are not looking at your hands!

46. LadyAcadia - Carnival of Venice
I played an easier version of this song; I’ve enjoyed this version and how you have played it. Nice and charming!

47. Serge88 - My Love
Beautiful arrangement, played with emotion and warmness. Well done!

48. Greywullf - Chopin Prelude Op. 28, No. 6
Wonderful piece, liked your interpretation and also the nice sound of your piano.

49. Muove - Schumann - Op. 68 nr. 6 - Armes Waisenkind
Well done, enjoyed your performance.

50. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Knowing When To Leave
Wow, you are playing like this by ear. Great job!

51. thepianoplayer416 - Goldberg Var. #30 & Aria - BWV988
Excellent playing, precise and steady tempo.

Such a piece after 2.5 years of experience? Superb playing!

Well done, played with confidence and exciting sound.

Excellent playing, professional level to me.

55. dddaaannn - Fantasia in C Major
Charming Baroque piece. Well done!

Slowly, Separately, Sections - Graham Fitch
My SoundCloud
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2718190
03/01/18 09:50 PM
03/01/18 09:50 PM
MeganR Offline
Silver Subscriber
MeganR  Offline
Silver Subscriber
39. Sam S - Notturno This was wonderful, there were moments when I found myself nearly holding my breath, it was almost a feeling of being suspended and then, it all began moving gently on.

40. Piano_primo_1 - Little Serenade What a sweet piece, beautifully played

41. that'sRich - Mazurka in F Minor. Opus 57 No.3 from Trois morceaux. A definite dash of bitterness, well done. This was a new composer for me.

42. andy250 - Krotka bajka And also a new composer - really enjoyed. Especially liked the change up around the 1:50 mark.

43. noobpianist90 - Divertimento in G Major Hob. XVI: 8 Super, loved the light but deft touch, and the clarity of expression.

44. SandTiger - Capistrano v2 I loved this, great compositions. It makes me want to go see the swallows.

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  BB Player 

New In Our Store!
New In Our Store!
key racks with hand sanitizer
Attn: Piano Teachers, Music Teachers, Studios!

A rack made from actual piano keys, with individual hand sanitizer for each student!
Tons more music related products in our online store!
(ad)
Jazz Piano Lessons
Jazz Piano Lessons
New Topics - Multiple Forums
An absolute bargain
by David-G. 09/19/18 08:19 PM
Eighth notes
by Progman. 09/19/18 05:31 PM
Maybe she's right
by squidbot. 09/19/18 01:24 PM
Any thoughts on this
by N W. 09/19/18 12:06 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Steingraeber
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics187,379
Posts2,746,677
Members91,042
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission