Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
81 registered members (20/20 Vision, ando, bennevis, Biff Steel, Agent88, akc42, anotherscott, 24 invisible), 1,328 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: cmb13] #2715261
02/18/18 04:08 AM
02/18/18 04:08 AM
Italy
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
sinophilia  Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Italy
Originally Posted by Monica K.

[b] (And was that your cat I saw in the background of the video making a cameo? grin

Lol I hadn't even noticed until now! Yes my ginger cat is always checking my work laugh
Thanks for your kind comment.

Originally Posted by cmb13
Which one is next? Btw I see you hit that A# in measure 12 with your L thumb. I've been hitting the A# and C# both with my R thumb as written on my transcription….I'm going to have to reexamine this as it is quite a stretch with the R hand.

Well spotted! I tried different solutions for that measure, and then settled on dropping the low F#, so I only play 8 notes instead of 9. I couldn't manage the stretch and rolling the chord with LH-RH-LH wasn't to my liking, I wanted a single sound with emphasis on the top two notes.
Now I'm working on Prelude no. 15... but don't tell anybody wink It's definitely a big stretch.

Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW
To create a beautiful sound, one must imagine it at first and then learn to produce fluid physical motions that breathe life into music. (Shirley Kirsten)
http://soundcloud.com/sinophilia - http://youtube.com/sinophilia
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715293
02/18/18 07:10 AM
02/18/18 07:10 AM
Italy
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
casinitaly  Offline

Italy
And what better way to spend a Sunday morning than listening to our wonderful recital?

Here's my second batch of comments - and thanks so much to everyone who put in hours of dedicated practice on these pieces - it was a real joy to listen to them all.

16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor Beautiful trills. This piece is one of my favourites - and one that is on my "want to play" list for sure. You have captured the haunting melancholy of this piece beautifully!

17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang What a delightful piece! It reminds me a bit of Schumann's Melody - you've got excellent balance between the two voices, and your interweaving of the two strands sounds seamless. Well done!

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1 I have yet to try a Mazurka - (except on the dancefloor! lol) - I think you did a great job keeping the spritely rhythm going and your trills are charming! Very nice performance!

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 The Consolations are wonderful pieces. This one does have a sort of hymn-like quality to it. It's easy to see why they are called songs without words, isn't it? It's also easy to hear how complicated the music is though on the surface it sounds simple. You've obviously put in a lot of work to produce this rich, full well-balanced sound and make it flow so smoothly. Very pretty - in fact, you've inspired me to look up the score and put it on my "want to play" list! Thank you!

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6) This is one of my favourite of the Songs without Words group. I've had the good fortune to be a regular visitor to Venice (it's not that far away!) and your performance really captures the fluidity, the light sparkling on the water, the delicate rise and fall of the boats, and the hint of mystery that is inseperable from Venice. Beautifully played. Thank you for the treat!

21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor We're lucky to have so much Mendelssohn in this recital. I am less familiar with this piece than some of the others but I really enjoyed your performance. You've really made your piano "sing" for this piece and it was a relaxing treat to sit back and enjoy listening.

22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773 15 months!?!!! Wow - I'm really impressed! This was beautifully played, steady, well-balanced, charming delicacy. A real delight to listen to.

23. peterws - Mozart K331 What fun Peter! (I confess I am a bit confused as to what child's nursery rhyme is referenced?) I don't know about the others, but I certainly have no objection to the time - 6-7 minutes flies by when you're having fun! I can imagine how tricky it was to pull this together so well - that ending is a killer! I really enjoyed your performance, thank you!

24. MeganR - Summer Drought A new-to-me composer. It's interesting - friends of mine live in Capetown and are suffering through a terrible drought - your performance caught a mood, created tension, and conveyed the idea of a burning sun shining down fiercely. Well done indeed.

25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1 Bravo! I read what you wrote before listening, and I was prepared to hear a much less polished peformance. Of course we can always improve, and there's always something we can tweak, but this was a lovely rendition. I'm working on my first Nocturne and I watched your video - the pattern in the left hand is similar to what I'm doing and I was impressed with your fluidity and evenness throughout the piece - (knowing from my recent experience just how long it takes to get to that point!). I really enjoyed listening to and watching your performance. My compliments to you!

[Linked Image]
EPP 2018 - Germany!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715301
02/18/18 08:08 AM
02/18/18 08:08 AM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
7 Pianist 685

Super piece of clear music. Your silent system records well. Enjoyed listening to this.

8 Ganddalf

What a nice Chopin piece for a change! So flowing, not depressive . . .lovely playing, super trills
. .what's not to like? (apart from the ending?) smile

9 JerzyK19

You played that well. V. Impressive for 18 months. A bit of loosening up will come with time.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715315
02/18/18 09:32 AM
02/18/18 09:32 AM
Florida
cmb13 Online content
Silver Level
cmb13  Online Content
Silver Level
Florida

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana

I had to listen to this one four times. It took me a few moments for it to sink in. At first, I was running through all the pieces quickly, and then I decided to go back to it. That was last night and I was very tired so my comment was very brief. This morning I listened to it again, then re-read your narrative and listened to it one more time.

This is what we play for. To be able to tell a story, create something with our music. This is clearly a complicated piece, with a lot of different emotions and styles combined that vary in technique tremendously. After listening to it with your narrative in mind, it takes the piece to a different level, like that of watching a movie or reading a book. It was really excellently executed. Keep them coming.

Boston 118 PE

Working On
Consolidating My Repertoire
Mozart K545
Chopin Sonata 20, Posthumous, in C-Sharp Minor
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715326
02/18/18 10:26 AM
02/18/18 10:26 AM
Orange County, California
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Peyton, pianopi, cmb13 - Thank you for your comments.

cmb13 - Yea, I thought the music was going to fall off there for a second. I don't have this completely memorized. There are some sections that repeat, but there is a subtle difference in them. If I'm not looking at the music, I'll end up repeating what I did before, or do something different which I could probably get away with.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715351
02/18/18 11:44 AM
02/18/18 11:44 AM
Costa del Sol
SwissMS Offline

2000 Post Club Member
SwissMS  Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Costa del Sol

27. Keselo - Waltz This a beautiful little waltz, and you played it very sensiively. I like the gentle rubato. Nice job!

28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green What an ethereal piece! I like your gentle treatment of it and the peaceful pace. Beautiful playing!

29. Ralph L. - Introduction and dance (piano+keyboard) Nice arrangement! I like the added accompaniment.

30. Medden - Giorni Dispari Classic Einaudi! You have a nice touch for his music. Nicely done!

31. Muhwu - Schumann - Knecht Ruprecht - Op. 68 No. 12 I love this piece, and played a few years ago. It does indeed present challenges and you handled them well. It has such drama. You brought out the the contrasts well. I can just hear Knecht Rupert sneaking around looking for the naughty kids at Christmas time.

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816 I really like your articulation and balance in this piece. Beautifully played.

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7 I like the gentleness that you give this piece, sort of like a lullaby. It looks like the leaps are conquered!

34. timmyab - op102 no4 (to do) Beautifully played! I love your very even and subdued arpeggios flowing along in the accompaniment. The melody just sang. Well done.

35. PikaPianist - Binks' Sake (to do) What a fun song. Your arrangement just dances! You give such variety, and keep it rolling along. Wonderful playing. I just loved it.

36. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina Op. 88, No. 2 "Rondo" I love Kuhlua. His Sonatinas have such variety. Your articulation on this this beautiful, and your expression comes through nicely. Great job.

37. newbert – Souvenir I would not have recognized this as Billy Joel. You had a nice singing melody over the accompaniment, and I like the relaxed feel of the piece.

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2 Beautifully played. I love this intermezzo, and you really did it justice. Wonderful interpretation!

39. Sam S - Notturno Wow, if you just started this in December, it has come together pretty quickly. Your playing has reached a higher level since you began your university program. You have such a rich, full sound on this piece, and lovely expression.

40. Piano_primo_1 - Little Serenade Nice classic Haydn! I like the well projected melody and steady accompaniment. Nice job!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: bSharp(C)yclist] #2715384
02/18/18 12:54 PM
02/18/18 12:54 PM
Florida
cmb13 Online content
Silver Level
cmb13  Online Content
Silver Level
Florida
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Peyton, pianopi, cmb13 - Thank you for your comments.

cmb13 - Yea, I thought the music was going to fall off there for a second. I don't have this completely memorized. There are some sections that repeat, but there is a subtle difference in them. If I'm not looking at the music, I'll end up repeating what I did before, or do something different which I could probably get away with.

Yes, well, I wasn't criticizing, just noted that it was actually a good time to slow to a little pause. It sounded like it was meant to be there. Only afterwards that I noticed that there was a page turn at that exact moment.

Boston 118 PE

Working On
Mozart K545
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715386
02/18/18 01:07 PM
02/18/18 01:07 PM
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
@cmb13 - No worries, I hope it didn't sound as if I took at as criticism. I certainly didn't. That's why I hate internet forums, all tone is lost. The break is good actually, I believe Einaudi takes a significant break there as well. I just got lucky smile

A few more. I have to admit, trying to review all these pieces is overwhelming. I'm not qualified :D, so sorry for short answers. I'm trying to make an effort to listen to all of them though.

30. Medden - Giorni Dispari

Well done! I'd like to try this one day. Perhaps I'll just forget all the other stuff I'm working on, and just play Einaudi for the rest of my life - I'd be OK with that. laugh

31. Muhwu - Schumann - Knecht Ruprecht - Op. 68 No. 12

Nice job on the Schumann. The piano has an interesting sound to it.

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816

I really enjoyed this one. I can't say I've come across too many Bach pieces that I would want to listen over and over, but this could be close.

34. timmyab - op102 no4

Wow, another wonderful Mendelssohn piece. Well done.

36. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina Op. 88, No. 2 "Rondo"

Another great piece from you as usual. I always enjoy listening to your stuff on SoundCloud. I'm surprised this one isn't on there?

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715392
02/18/18 01:31 PM
02/18/18 01:31 PM
pianopi Offline

pianopi  Offline

SamS, MonicaK and cmb13, thank you for your kind comments.

#49 Muove I really liked your Armes Waisenkind - perfect mood: your little orphan sounded wonderfully forlorn and at the the same time, hopefully playful, but not quite having the courage to actually enjoy his/herself. Great job! I thought the staccatos worked well to bring this mood out.

#48 Greywullf That was great! Expressive and emotive, without sentimentality. Strong playing.

#47Serge88 Very nicely played!

#46LadyAcadia Nice, brightly-played little piece. It bounces and dances along wonderfully!

#45joangolfing Nicely expressive playing. Great job!

#44SandTiger Well done on your composition! And the playing of it was great. Thanks for sharing it!

#43noobpianist90 Really delightful! Wonderful, delicate and sensitively expressive playing. Really, really enjoyed listening to it! (Sometime in the very far future my trills will be half as good as yours.)

#42andy250 Very accurately expressive. Nice!

#41that'sRich Great piece! Great playing of it, too!

#40Piano_primo_1 Very nice! I really enjoyed your smooth dynamic transitions. Lovely, lively playing.

#39Sam S That's just so good! Thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed listening to it.

"Genius is not the sign of demigodliness, but the sign of having a profoundly practical mind" - anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTc4esj9xQG6NjLIr9an29Q
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715435
02/18/18 04:23 PM
02/18/18 04:23 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
10 Szolpy

Powerful piece; wonderful expressive playing. When was this music composed?

11 Peyton

You play this with loads of force. Great dynamics, sounds a treat!

12 Sandalholme

I'm right now in the process of re-doing this; it's like doing it for the first time and it's heavy going! You play light and sparkly; sounds great that way, very fluent and a really good listen.

13 Tootles

Very sound playing. For 3 months, excellent. Only trouble is . . .i remember these songs only too well!

14 SwissMS

One o' those sad songs which often mark a period of time and seem to form almost a genre. This is undoubtedly difficult; but throughout the song, somebody's transmitting the message "If only".
Bl**dy hope I never get to that stage!

15 Piano2138

Nice Bach. Typical music of the period, I love it's often unstoppable feel, and simplicity. But there's not a lot of simplicity in the playing side of it. Well done!

16 H8DK97

A ponderous gloomy piece by Chopin, but it has a certain charm apparent to most here including me, You've come a long way in a short time . . . . nice work!

17 Anita Potter

Your piano has a period charm which suits this tune really well. Your playing was super; it also had charm and rolled along like a sparkly stream.

18 Dumka 1

a cheerful upbeat from Frederic. Most welcome, too. You did it justice, and played with a flourish which was most entertaining. Well done!

19 cmb13

One I remember well when i used to play in church. Mendelssohn's stuff usually has a strong feelgood, or consolation factor embedded in there throughout, and this is one of them. Good, steady, strongly played work!

20 Jobert

This sounds so rich and full. Relaxing and pleasant, Mendelssohn's always good for a listen. And so are you. Nice, nice!

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: cmb13] #2715439
02/18/18 04:35 PM
02/18/18 04:35 PM
D
dumka1 Online content
dumka1  Online Content
D

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1 Boy that piece sound just way to peppy for me! I seem to be drawn more to the sad songs smile. You could probably use this for the Waltz recital.

I have a different piece ready for the Waltz recital; it's quite sad for the most part, so you'll be happy smile

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715441
02/18/18 04:41 PM
02/18/18 04:41 PM
S
SMA55 Offline
SMA55  Offline
S
24. MeganR - Summer Drought
I like the dissonance in this piece, and I think its title describes it well. Well played, Megan.

25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1
I think you did a good job with this, Jeff. I enjoyed your performance.

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well
Nice, sweet little melody. And I think definitely relate to the sentiments of the composer’s words. Nice job, Cheryl.

27. Keselo - Waltz
Another sweet little piece. Good work.

28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green
The love you have for this piece is evident in your playing, and you do a good job. That being said, I have to admit that I’m not much of a fan of Vangelis.

29. Ralph L. - Introduction and dance (piano+keyboard)
Good work, Ralph. But if I’m being honest, I can’t say I much care for the accompaniment to the piano here.

30. Medden - Giorni Dispari
Very nice, expressive playing. Well done!

31. Muhwu - Schumann - Knecht Ruprecht - Op. 68 No. 12
I wasn’t familiar with this piece previously. I very much enjoyed the way you brought out the two wildly contrasting themes by emphasizing the boldly percussive nature of the first with the more mellifluous and lyrical second. Really good job—and quite impressive, given that you’ve only been playing for a little more than a couple of years.

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816
Wow! So well performed. I’m truly impressed!

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7
Nicely played. And congratulations on conquering the previously troubling octaves!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715513
02/18/18 09:11 PM
02/18/18 09:11 PM
M
Moo :) Offline
Moo :)  Offline
M
Very nice people smile.

I will only comment on the music I've played. I generally give tips but wont put too many incase its not wanted / welcomed smile

9. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4

I think you played it very well for only 18 months playing. You made a comment about your left hand being too loud. What I would suggest is try playing the notes in left hand in different intensities. When you have this solid, try to add and take out the left hand certain parts - e.g. take the left hand away when there only space in the right and you want to hear the melody (e.g. after a long 1st beat in right) and add when there is more intensity.

15 Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132

Nicely played smile

16 h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor

Quite a difficult chopin to play. I think there was one chord at the start wrong - [C#,E,Fx (G natural)] so I would check on this.

Mendelssohn friends smile

17 cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3

Very nicely played. Sounded good to me. The start/end arpeggio I think could be more epic. A bit faster, plus some dimunendo and rit. near the top for epic-ness.

18 JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6)

I love this piece smile. So good choice. I also enjoyed listening to it. Your tempo was very nice and you also manage to get the melody out well in the right hand, which is difficult in this piece.

34 timmyab Songs without words op102 no4

Bravo smile. Sounded magical !

36. mel_lem (Melanie) Kuhlau - Sonatina Op. 88, No. 2 "Rondo"

Well done. Sounded perfect. I enjoyed it very much.

52. Micael K - Chopin - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2

Nicely played. You seem to have progressed very quickly, this is not an easy chopin so I'd feel proud with that result. The end was very well played - I thought I was the only one here who played 4th on black octaves but you did it at 3:45 to keep the legato - which was very nice ! In the left hand try to join the 2nd and 3rd beats in left hand with legato fingers (not the pedal - my teacher always had me on this one - I also had this in the piece in 18). I would try to keep quite left hand in the Chopin when its you are playing two notes in the base, so similar tips to number 9 where you want to try to quite the base if you have a there is a long note in the melody. But good job overall !

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Pianist685] #2715525
02/18/18 09:43 PM
02/18/18 09:43 PM
Brentwood, TN USA
FrankieC Offline
FrankieC  Offline
Brentwood, TN USA
Originally Posted by Pianist685

38. FrankieC - Brahms Intermezzo 118/2 What a sound! I know that the Kawai RX-6 is a high-class concert grand but you seem to have the appropriate concert hall as well. Or does all the concert hall atmosphere come from Ableton? I have never heard of that software, but I am only an amateur. This piece is also in my repertoire. You are playing it like a world class pianist, though I do not agree with the degree of rubato at some points. But that is just a question of taste. I do comprehend why you are interpreting it in this manner: there are so many recordings of it already existing that it is hard to add an original new interpretation of one's own.

Thank you Pianist685! Thank you for taking the time to listen and provide your feedback. I love my RX-6. I feel so blessed to be able to own such a great instrument.

Regarding the sound: I recorded this particular session with two small and two large Audio-Technica condenser mics. I positioned the two small mics by the dampers (one towards the left and the other towards the right) and panned each of them hard left/right respectively. I placed the larger condenser mics about 15 feet away from the piano on opposite sides of the room and panned each of those hard left/right as well. The concert hall effect you are referring to is coming from the room mics. I raised the volume on them just enough to add some space to the final mix and support the sound from the smaller condenser mics. The result is a mix that sounds very close to what it would sound like if the listener were actually standing in the room. The travertine tile on the floors really helps as well :-).

In my opinion Ableton is more suited for real-time loop performances but I wanted to give it a try for this. I think I will stick to Studio One or Sonar for these types of recordings moving forward.

Yes, I definitely take liberties with the rubato - probably more so than most. As you say, it is a matter of taste. I have lost count of how many great artists I have studied playing this piece - Ruth Laredo, Van Cliburn, and many others. I think I took a little of what I liked from each of them and added my own as well.

Originally Posted by Sam S

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2 I have tried this piece in the past and failed - you're doing a much better job at it than I ever did. Excellent!

Thank you Sam S! I appreciate you taking the time to listen.

Thanks again for your comments and thanks to everyone who participated in this recital. All of you are truly an inspiration for me. Please keep the music going!

All my best,
Frank

Last edited by FrankieC; 02/18/18 09:54 PM.
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715532
02/18/18 10:50 PM
02/18/18 10:50 PM
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
10 more to go I think, will get to them tomorrow. Sorry I can't really provide substantial comments. I'm actually learning from the information you provide in each piece, so thanks for that.

37. newbert - Souvenir

Going to have to listen to Billy Joel tomorrow now smile

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2

That was amazing. Glad I found the YouTube video. Maybe I can try that in 50 years ;0

39. Sam S - Notturno

That was very nice. I wish I could provide a meaningful comment!

40. Piano_primo_1 - Little Serenade

Nice job. Shorty and pretty. Sorry about your Steelers, although I'm glad New England went and Philly beat them laugh

41. that'sRich - Mazurka in F Minor. Opus 57 No.3 from Trois morceaux.

Not familiar with Anatoly Lyadov. Thanks for the introduction. Interesting piece.

42. andy250 - Krotka bajka

Another nice jazz sounding piece. A relaxing listen and great way to unwind from the day.

44. SandTiger - Capistrano v2

It's great that you compose. Sounded great. I'll think of this when I visit SJC next ;0

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715573
02/19/18 04:10 AM
02/19/18 04:10 AM
Italy
casinitaly Offline

casinitaly  Offline

Italy
A quiet, rainy Monday morning. I am lucky enough to not be obliged to dash out the door and I sit, sipping my coffee and listening to the next portion of the recital.
I am blown away by the performances, and loving every minute!

My compliments to all the players!

27. Keselo - Waltz Beautiful flow to this - the tempo seems great when I think about it also from a dancing point of view! It's a very pretty piece and I would be interested in hearing what you've done with it later on!

28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green I've seen Blade Runner, but it was years ago and I have no recollection of the music. Looking at the score in your video - it seems really intimidating! And again, watching the video - I can see how relaxed and confident you are moving through the piece - a lot of study went into producing such a smooth performance. I can see why this is your desert island piece! It's really beautiful and I think you did it great justice. (Your piano settings were just right for this piece too!)

29. Ralph L. - Introduction and dance (piano+keyboard) What fun! You don't hear this "Those were the days" very often these days -It really made me smile. Nicely done!

30. Medden - Giorni Dispari "Odd days" but in the sense of strange rather than "odd". There's a slight sharpness in elements of this that give it that "off" feeling and you bring it out well. I think the challenge in these pieces is to really work on the dynamics to bring out changes of mood and the flow of the story (because in my mind this type of music always has a story!). I think you've done a very good job of bringing out all the different elements of this piece.

31. Muhwu - Schumann - Knecht Ruprecht - Op. 68 No. 12 That intro sounds like it would be a blast to play! I love the energy you bring to this piece! You did a lovely job on the contrast from one section to the next. I don't think I've ever heard this piece before - it was great fun and now I want to dash off to look at the score (I have that book too!) - My compliments to you, on your very enjoyable performance!

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816 Is there anything more delightful than Bach with your morning coffee? Possibly not, at least musically speaking! A charming performance with all the right flavours and nuances. Beautiful balance and flow from left to right hand and back. (and your art work is lovely too!) Thank you for the listening treat!

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7 Beautiful! In my opinion there really isn't any "easy" Chopin - but yes, it's all relative, isn't it? I think you've done a lovely rendition here, and as we know, with this sort of piece there's always something we feel we can improve. I think that you'll see if you keep this in your repertoire (and how could you do otherwise?!) - the more you play it the more things will come together to complete your satisfaction. I was charmed, and I am inspired to take this one on when I finish (ha ha..... get as far as I can go for the momement) with my current pieces. I have seen such a change in your playing over the past year - it's really wonderful to be able to notice the refinements in your playing and your growing confidence!

[Linked Image]
EPP 2018 - Germany!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715595
02/19/18 06:33 AM
02/19/18 06:33 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber
Queensland Australia
31. Muhwu - Schumann - Knecht Ruprecht - Op. 68 No. 12 An intriguing piece with its sudden switches from an ominous growling bass to a sweet, lyrical passage. That was a surprising and enjoyable listening experience.

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816 I loved the way you played this - and your trills sounded splendid to me.

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7 Isn’t it satisfying when suddenly something ‘clicks’ and you find the passage wasn’t impossible after all? Nicely played - and congratulations on the leaps. thumb

34. timmyab - op102 no4 Simply beautiful - what more can I say!

35. PikaPianist - Binks' Sake WOW - that was a lot of fun! A sparkling performance. And you transcribed the piece yourself - I’m even more impressed!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LI

My C3 - solace.
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: casinitaly] #2715597
02/19/18 06:45 AM
02/19/18 06:45 AM
Dorset, UK
S
sandalholme Offline
500 Post Club Member
sandalholme  Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Dorset, UK
Originally Posted by casinitaly
Sandalhome, thank you for sharing your story.....and your music!

I know I am not alone in appreciateing your presence here in the forum and the recitals!

Thank you for that very supportive response. The first recital contribution was as a result of just playing the Nocturne - not intending to record it - and realising it was pretty free of errors and I liked the playing. A very rare experience. The beauty of Pianoteq is that live playing, without the red dot fear, can turn into something to keep. The Haydn slow movement was part of a project to do the whole thing - the last movement is a stitch up of many bits! - but the middle movement was a single take. (My fingers, like everyone else's, cope better with slow pieces) So my preparing, within my overall recording project, for an ABF recital, is to continue the discipline of practice to lay the ghost of always having pieces partly playable. And at my advanced age I have learned from experience what everyone tells you: that the more secure the notes are, the more musical the playing can beome.

I also appreciated in your earlier post the diplomatic wording about Pianist Corner. The ABF forum is indeed a friendly and supportive place.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Monica K.] #2715600
02/19/18 07:30 AM
02/19/18 07:30 AM
Brentwood, TN USA
FrankieC Offline
FrankieC  Offline
Brentwood, TN USA

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2: My jaw dropped when I heard your amazing performance! Then I looked at your info for the recital entry and saw you had 50 years experience on piano, which makes your performance more understandable, though still quite impressive. I don’t have any intelligent feedback other than to say that your playing sounded flawless to me.

Thank you Monica K. for listening and providing feedback. Yes, I have 50 years of experience but to be honest I think only half of those years (if that many) have been focused on serious practice and preparation.

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2 Another outstanding performance. Another one I must listen to again. Subscribed on You Tube. I'll be in Nashville in a few weeks on a college tour (Atlanta and Nashville on this trip) - any piano bars to check out?

Thank you cmb13! And thanks for subscribing on YouTube. I shall return the favor ;-). I'm not really familiar with any piano bars in the Nashville area. There is a blue baby grand in B. B. Kings that I had the opportunity to play on occasion but I don't really think that is considered a piano bar. May your travels be safe!

Originally Posted by SwissMS

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2 Beautifully played. I love this intermezzo, and you really did it justice. Wonderful interpretation!

Thank you SwissMS! I love this intermezzo too! It's one of my favorite works to play. I never get bored with it. I am glad you found my interpretation enjoyable. Thanks again for our feedback.

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2

That was amazing. Glad I found the YouTube video. Maybe I can try that in 50 years ;0

Thank you bSharp(C)! I love your User ID!! Thanks for looking me up on YouTube! Yes, 50 years. Don't remind me ;-). I'm still a curious beginner after all those years. ;-). Thanks for your feedback and if you ever do take on this work and would like my assistance, just let me know.

Cheers everyone! All of you are an inspiration to me. I am so happy that I joined Piano World and am looking forward to future discussions.

All my best,
FrankieC

Last edited by FrankieC; 02/19/18 07:54 AM.
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715606
02/19/18 09:02 AM
02/19/18 09:02 AM
Maine
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Maine
14. SwissMs- I believe this is the most interesting piece you have played for us so far. It's intriguing and I love your description. It really does fit. Thank you and well done!

Last edited by Peyton; 02/19/18 09:03 AM.

"One's real life is often the life that one does not lead."- Oscar Wilde
www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: cmb13] #2715616
02/19/18 10:39 AM
02/19/18 10:39 AM
Florida
cmb13 Online content
Silver Level
cmb13  Online Content
Silver Level
Florida
Originally Posted by piano_primo_1

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 Never heard this , somewhat like a somber ode to…. Anyway, good playing and super piano sound to the recording.

Yes, it is a little somber, Hymn like....I wasn't sure about the sound quality but thank you. I'm not sure if I knew it before playing it but I think I had heard it somewhere along my travels. It has a familiarity to it.

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3: I thought you conveyed the solemn tone of this piece well–I see what you mean about it sounding rather hymn like.

Yes funny thing is that is the part I don't love about it - feels too much like I'm in church.

Originally Posted by SwissMS

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 I really like this SWW. To me is is quite reflective. You bring out that quality very well. The piece had very nice flow, and the voicing and phrasing were very nice.

I really appreciate it, SwissMS.

Originally Posted by MarieJ

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 A new one to me, a little bit sombre but still very pleasing. I’d say you achieved your goal of bringing out the musicality of this piece.

Thank you, Marie, that is what I'm trying to learn now (musical expression), and as I am improving, it is helping me reach a little higher.

Originally Posted by Sam S
Wonderful recital! I had a marathon listening session this morning before the sun came up - a great way to start the day!

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 I played this one! Or at least tried to - I think you did a much better job at it than i ever did. Loved the chord progressions - you made them sound very lush and satisfying.

Unless it was a very long time ago, Sam, I somehow doubt I did a much better job, but thanks for the compliment.... it means a lot coming from you!

Originally Posted by SMA55

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3
Pretty piece and well played. I think you’re developing a nice touch. I enjoyed your performance.

Thanks, I appreciate it...I think this year is going to be a good one...working on touch as a priority now. ("sight reading" is taking a back seat, but hey, I still have to spend time at work).

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3

I would keep it in your repertorie. Very pretty piece. I'm not very familar with Mendelssohn's work. Sounds like you nailed it.

Thanks, the Songs Without Words are really nice, there are several pieces over different periods. The first one I came across was the Venetian Boat Song, 30.6 I believe (this is different than the Venetian Boat Song presented elsewhere on this recital...there are a few of them). Have a listen on You Tube. It's tough but accessible; several others are working on Mendelssohn now also.

Originally Posted by casinitaly

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 The Consolations are wonderful pieces. This one does have a sort of hymn-like quality to it. It's easy to see why they are called songs without words, isn't it? It's also easy to hear how complicated the music is though on the surface it sounds simple. You've obviously put in a lot of work to produce this rich, full well-balanced sound and make it flow so smoothly. Very pretty - in fact, you've inspired me to look up the score and put it on my "want to play" list! Thank you!

Now that, coming from casinItaly, means something....thank you so much!!!

Originally Posted by peterws

19 cmb13

One I remember well when i used to play in church. Mendelssohn's stuff usually has a strong feelgood, or consolation factor embedded in there throughout, and this is one of them. Good, steady, strongly played work!

Thank you peterws!

Originally Posted by Moo :)

Mendelssohn friends smile

17 cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3

Very nicely played. Sounded good to me. The start/end arpeggio I think could be more epic. A bit faster, plus some dimunendo and rit. near the top for epic-ness.

Moo....thanks for the critique...can you please be a little more specific? One reason I used the tempo I did was because I was afraid if I played the arpeggio too quickly, it would pigeon hole me into playing the fat middle section faster than I could comfortably play it. As I progress, though, I getting a little more comfortable with the changes and maybe it will be less of an issue. I wonder, though, maybe a tempo change from the arpeggio to the main piece would be okay?

Do you think the arpeggios should be shaped, crescendo / decrescendo? Maybe crescendo the first one, decrescendo and ritardando the final one?

Thanks everyone again for the comments, I really appreciate this forum and it's congeniality. It's nice to have this community, as my local support network is not into piano or classical music at all, so you guys are it for me!

SwissMS......I'm not sure if you caught my comments above on your piece; if not take a look; it really was something special! I enjoy watching your videos also. I'm re quoting myself for you here....

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana

I had to listen to this one four times. It took me a few moments for it to sink in. At first, I was running through all the pieces quickly, and then I decided to go back to it. That was last night and I was very tired so my comment was very brief. This morning I listened to it again, then re-read your narrative and listened to it one more time.

This is what we play for. To be able to tell a story, create something with our music. This is clearly a complicated piece, with a lot of different emotions and styles combined that vary in technique tremendously. After listening to it with your narrative in mind, it takes the piece to a different level, like that of watching a movie or reading a book. It was really excellently executed. Keep them coming.

Boston 118 PE

Working On
Mozart K545
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715636
02/19/18 12:17 PM
02/19/18 12:17 PM
Costa del Sol
SwissMS Offline

2000 Post Club Member
SwissMS  Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Costa del Sol
Thank you for you comment cmb13 ! Adriana is a really tough piece, and I was a bit worried about submitting it. I am playing it much faster now, and will probably submit a new video to the waltz recital. I really did not like the piece at first, but now I really enjoy playing and telling its story!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715657
02/19/18 01:19 PM
02/19/18 01:19 PM
pianopi Offline

pianopi  Offline

Third morning, coffee and the recital # 49. This is becoming a really enjoyable ritual!

Thanks, SwissMS, bSharp(C)yclist, SMA55, casinitaly, MarieJ for your kind comments! I am very encouraged. I made myself post the Bach piece, even though it is not yet sounding as I would like it to, to see (hear) it in sharp focus against everyone else's performances (which I am very impressed by). So I wasn't very happy with it and was hoping that, by # 32, people might have run out of coffee and interest and not take too much notice of it. So I was very happily surprised to find people might actually have liked it. This gives me lots of positive energy to keep working at it, and on the other things I am working on as well. So thank you very much for your encouragement!

#38 FrankieC What a really wonderful performance. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
#37newbert I really like the sensitivity and expression with which you played this piece.
#36 mel_lem (Melanie) You play this with great rhythm and humor! I loved it.
#35PikaPianist Great little piece! Just had to listen to it twice. I downloaded the sheet music and definitely am going to try it myself.
#34timmyab Beautiful, beautiful. One day, far away, I hope to play like you.
#33sinophilia Very nice, steady and accurate. I look forward to more of your playing!
#31Muhwu Very nice for just over 2 years experience (and just generally very nice!).
#30Medden Beautifully played.
#29Ralph L. Cool (humoresque?) interpretation!
#28GoldmanT Very nicely played. So smooth and relaxed. Very expressive.
#27Keselo Very nice, lilting quality to this.
#26CASINITALY (Cheryl) That was very lovely! Wonderfully felt. Even the little (and very few) hesitations kept and added to the emotive quality. Perhaps you should keep them there and add them as rubato.

"Genius is not the sign of demigodliness, but the sign of having a profoundly practical mind" - anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTc4esj9xQG6NjLIr9an29Q
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715666
02/19/18 02:13 PM
02/19/18 02:13 PM
Costa del Sol
SwissMS Offline

2000 Post Club Member
SwissMS  Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Costa del Sol
41. that'sRich - Mazurka in F Minor. Opus 57 No.3 from Trois morceaux. What an unusual piece! I think your arguing lovers is spot on. Nice job keeping a steady Mazurka rhythm in this complex piece. I thought you did a good job of bringing out the unhappy feeling of this piece.

42. andy250 - Krotka bajka This has a nice relaxed jazz feel to it. Very relaxing. Excellent playing!

43. noobpianist90 - Divertimento in G Major Hob. XVI: 8 You have a wonderful touch for classical music! Your articulation is very clear, and you accompaniment is nicely subdued. A very polished performance!

44. SandTiger - Capistrano v2 You have really matured your composition. It really tells a story now. Nice playing too!

45. joangolfing - Reverie (Sweet Dreams) I really like this piece and learned it a few years ago. I like your singing melody and the dreamy feeling that you create with the piece.

46. LadyAcadia - Carnival of Venice This is a dancy piece, and you gave it a nice bouncy feeling. You did a great job on the running passages, keeping them nice and even.

47. Serge88 - My Love I really like your arrangement of this piece. You gave it a pensive air. Very nice!

48. Greywullf - Chopin Prelude Op. 28, No. 6 I love this prelude. I play it much slower, so your tempo was a surprise. It works very well though! I like your gentle rubato. Nicely done!

49. Muove - Schumann - Op. 68 nr. 6 - Armes Waisenkind I like your steady marching rhythm. I can see the soldiers on parade. The sharp chords accentuate that feeling. Well done.

50. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Knowing When To Leave Really nice jazz arrangement! You obviously have a very good ear. Beautifully played.

51. thepianoplayer416 - Goldberg Var. #30 & Aria - BWV988 There is so much going on in this piece. I can believe that it would keep you up at night keeping the variations straight! Nicely played!

52. Micael K - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2 I love this piece, and you did a really nice job on it! You have a really nice balance between the hands, and you handled the ornamentation very well. Excellent work!

53. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Nuvole Bianche This my favorite Einaudi, and I love your interpretation. I like the way that you paced the piece. Really nicely played!

54. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Prelude op.23 no.4 D major This is a beautiful piece, and you played it beautifully. I like the expression and emotion that you give the piece. Lovely!

55. dddaaannn - Fantasia in C Major I like your steady rhythm, driving the piece forward. Well played!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715702
02/19/18 04:25 PM
02/19/18 04:25 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member
Northern England.
21 Moo

I quite like gondoliers. With a piano bar on board. And this music deserves a drink or two; bobs along nicely, one can enjoy the sights and smells . . .Lovely!

22 Fish and Chips

Good clear sound. Pianoteq 6? Sure sounded good, and your work is so steady you should be called Eddie . . . .
If you're not already.

24 Megan R

Sometimes the word "drought" raises one's hopes! Your music speaks otherwise, of a hot dusty uncomfortable situation without respite. and your piano speaks eloquently too, in your capable hands.

25 Greener

Your piano records well. And so do you. I thought I was in for another Gondolier song. Played with a gentle style as befits the tune. Great runs and trills. Congrats, Jeff.

26 Casinitaly

Lovely song you just played Cheryl. You have adopted the careful approach here, and avoid mistakes by so doing. A far better technique than mine and it will produce ongoing fruit. Well done!

27 Keselo

Good sound stuff here. Nice job for the time you been playing; your piano sounded excellent too.

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715707
02/19/18 04:41 PM
02/19/18 04:41 PM
Maine
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Maine
39. Sam- It's always so neat to hear how you keep improving. All the hard work you do is really paying off. Just great playing on this difficult work.

"One's real life is often the life that one does not lead."- Oscar Wilde
www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715729
02/19/18 05:48 PM
02/19/18 05:48 PM
Lexington, Kentucky
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Monica K.  Offline

Lexington, Kentucky

41. that'sRich - Mazurka in F Minor. Opus 57 No.3 from Trois morceaux.: What an intriguing piece! I had never heard of this composer, although I like Rimsky-Korsakov a great deal. I think you did an excellent job of playing “with bitterness”; you give the ornamentions a striking emphasis that creates a sharp, bitter atmosphere.

42. andy250 - Krotka bajka: This song has a nice, romantic ballad-like feel for the first half, but those jazzy measures that start up around 1:45 create quite a shift in mood; I’d be curious to see the poem that inspired the song. smile I enjoyed your playing of it, and I liked your improvised ending. (I’ll refrain from a long, angry rant against composers that create pieces that fade into nothingness!)

43. noobpianist90 - Divertimento in G Major Hob. XVI: 8: Your playing was so relaxed yet sounded (and looked, on your video) completely in control. Well done!

44. SandTiger - Capistrano v2: I remember liking the first version of your piece, and I like version even better. smile Despite my general proclivity for gloomy music, I liked the second section the best--something about the light, delicate, and joyful touch really struck me, and the glissando was welcome addition.

45. joangolfing - Reverie (Sweet Dreams): There’s no way I could play without looking at my hands pretty much nonstop, so my hat’s off to you for working on and accomplishing that so well!

46. LadyAcadia - Carnival of Venice: Oh, this does sound fun to play. Those runs are pretty fast, but you play them evenly and distinctly.

47. Serge88 - My Love: This is a perfect Valentine’s Day song. smile I’m tremendously impressed that you played this by ear... it sounds every bit as good as I’d hear from a professional cocktail pianist. thumb

Mason & Hamlin A -- 91997
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/pianomonica
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715773
02/19/18 09:16 PM
02/19/18 09:16 PM
Lexington, Kentucky
Monica K. Offline

Monica K.  Offline

Lexington, Kentucky
Last batch:

48. Greywullf - Chopin Prelude Op. 28, No. 6: Love that deep bass note at 1:06! Nicely played.

49. Muove - Schumann - Op. 68 nr. 6 - Armes Waisenkind: You give this piece a nice wistful tone. (And don’t worry: Your chords will sound less staccato after you add the pedal in.)

50. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Knowing When To Leave: You may say that playing by ear is easier than reading music, but I beg to differ! Especially when it comes to such a richly layered arrangement as the one you came up with here. I especially liked the runs you threw in as ornamentations.

51. thepianoplayer416 - Goldberg Var. #30 & Aria - BWV988: I really liked the harpsichord voice you used to record this in. I could picture myself in an old castle during a fancy ball while listening to you play. smile

52. Micael K - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2: I really enjoyed your video–you make this nocturne look easy to play, particularly those runs and trills.

53. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Nuvole Bianche: You did a great job on one of my all time favorite Einaudi pieces to play. thumb (As for recording, when I adjust the volume on my pieces, I use “amplify” rather than “normalize” or “gain.” Someone–I forget who–suggested doing so, saying that “amplify” boosts the whole signal up by a set amount, whereas “normalize” tends to make things louder but also restricts the total variation to a greater extent. I’m probably not explaining that well, but “amplify” works well for me.)

54. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Prelude op.23 no.4 D major: The slow pace of this piece makes is deceptive... it’s clear from watching your video that this piece has a lot going on and is much more difficult to play than it sounds. You play it well and give it a relaxed, romantic tone.

55. dddaaannn - Fantasia in C Major: You give this piece a playful, delicate air. I’m thinking Telemann might be as hard as Bach sometimes, but you played this well.

Finally, I'd like to thank everybody who commented on my piece. Y'll were way too nice, but that's one of the good things about AB Forum. grin

Mason & Hamlin A -- 91997
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/pianomonica
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715778
02/19/18 09:44 PM
02/19/18 09:44 PM
M
M
like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHyAtnALc3s

it is hard to explain. hanging slightly at the start. slowing at the end. some rubato and dynamics as well really adds.

my teacher got me to listen to these two pianist in another song by chopin which similarly has a magical epic start and helped me understand - it may give you some ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtIW2r1EalM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb4VY8gYZt4

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715779
02/19/18 09:48 PM
02/19/18 09:48 PM
M
M
actually this is a really good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdDazqakigY

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  BB Player 

New In Our Store!
New In Our Store!
key racks with hand sanitizer
Attn: Piano Teachers, Music Teachers, Studios!

A rack made from actual piano keys, with individual hand sanitizer for each student!
Tons more music related products in our online store!
(ad)
Jazz Piano Lessons
Jazz Piano Lessons
New Topics - Multiple Forums
An absolute bargain
by David-G. 09/19/18 08:19 PM
Eighth notes
by Progman. 09/19/18 05:31 PM
Maybe she's right
by squidbot. 09/19/18 01:24 PM
Any thoughts on this
by N W. 09/19/18 12:06 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Steingraeber
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics187,379
Posts2,746,677
Members91,042
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission