Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
New in our online store...
Tea Light
Tea Light with Frosted Music Staff Candle Holder

-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
94 registered members (agraffe, anotherscott, Aaron W, ando, Alexander Borro, 26 invisible), 1,278 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: bSharp(C)yclist] #2714969
02/17/18 01:13 AM
02/17/18 01:13 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber
Queensland Australia
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga

Very nice, dolce smile Which Pianoteq setting did you use?

Dan, I have Pianoteq 6 Stage, Steinway B Prelude. I calibrated the velocity curve for my Kawai ES110 but even with the built-in assistant I feel it’s a bit hit-and-miss (and anyway, I prefer to spend more time playing than tinkering with settings laugh ).

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-L

An hour or two with my Yamaha C3 and Einaudi's music - STILL my idea of happiness.
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714971
02/17/18 01:34 AM
02/17/18 01:34 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber
Queensland Australia
11. Peyton - Etude #6 Wow! What a complex, difficult piece - and what a masterful rendition. Bravo!

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2 That was simply a delight. Lovely!

13. Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand From one very late starter to another: congratulations on your first Recital, and on your achievements after only 3 months at the piano. Well done!

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana I enjoyed your performance of this unusual piece, your accompanying story, and your beautiful Bosendorfer, very much!

15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132 Crisp, clear, gently played - nicely handled, particularly after only 22 months thumb.

An hour or two with my Yamaha C3 and Einaudi's music - STILL my idea of happiness.
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2714980
02/17/18 02:27 AM
02/17/18 02:27 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber
Queensland Australia
16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor I love this Nocturne and your playing was very impressive! You must be putting in an enormous amount of effort to reach that standard in such a short time.

17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang Doesn’t it make you feel good when you finally reach a recording standard on a piece you love? Well done!

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1 Your enjoyment clearly shows here - I liked the brightness and changes of mood.

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 A new one to me, a little bit sombre but still very pleasing. I’d say you achieved your goal of bringing out the musicality of this piece.

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6) Just beautiful - a sensitive, polished performance of a rather haunting composition.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715009
02/17/18 06:46 AM
02/17/18 06:46 AM
Costa del Sol
SwissMS Online content

2000 Post Club Member
SwissMS  Online Content

2000 Post Club Member
Costa del Sol

13. Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand I love this! You are really doing well for only three months on the bench. It sounds like you were having fun with it.

15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132 You have nice clear articulation, and good balance between the voices. Very good playing.

16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor I never get tired of hearing this piece! I played it for my ABRSM grade 7 last year. You have a really nicely projected melody, and nice termination on your trills. This is a great job for 2½ years experience!

17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang That is a busy little piece. I like your steady rhythm and spritely melody!

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1 I love the bouncy rhythm of this Mazurka. You really do a great job of singing the melody and keeping the piece skipping along. Great job!

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 I really like this SWW. To me is is quite reflective. You bring out that quality very well. The piece had very nice flow, and the voicing and phrasing were very nice.

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6) I love the gentle treatment that you gave this piece. It is a quiet float down the river. Everything has a beautiful continuity. Well done!

21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor This SWW is new to me. I like the sense of strength that you give the piece. Well done.

22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773 Nice mordents and nice balance between the voices. I like you steady tempo and precision.

23. peterws - Mozart K331 Beautiful articulation! Mozart is so transparent, that presenting an entire sonata is quite an undertaking. I like your well projected melody line over a well subdued accompaniment. This sonata is lovely, with a lot of contrasts.

24. MeganR - Summer Drought What an interesting, impressionist piece! I like the way that you paced the piece. You give it a mysterious aire and a sense of tension. Nice job.

25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1 This was the first Chopin nocturne that I learned long ago. It has such a sense of tension and resolution. You do a beautiful job of capturing this. Your trills are lovely, and you handled those narly runs very well!

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well What a sad story! You captured that feeling of loss very well in your playing. You have such a bigger sound in your playing of this than in previous pieces I have heard you play. You truly own this piece and your confidence is shining through!

(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715017
02/17/18 07:20 AM
02/17/18 07:20 AM
Georgia, USA
Sam S Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Sam S  Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Georgia, USA
13. Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand

The truth is bound to come out eventually - Laurie is my wife of 38 years, and I am her piano teacher. I would like to take credit for her excellent progress, but, in truth, she's been playing clarinet since she was a kid, so she can read music, and count, and knows quite a bit of theory. Plus she is diligent about practicing, which helps a lot.

Also helpful are the excellent arrangements by the Fabers. They have a way of making simple arrangements sound much more difficult than they are. So if you are a beginner, I urge to check out some of their books - this one is Level 1.

Great job Laurie! I'm so proud of you...

Sam

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715026
02/17/18 08:20 AM
02/17/18 08:20 AM
Georgia, USA
Sam S Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Sam S  Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Georgia, USA
Wonderful recital! I had a marathon listening session this morning before the sun came up - a great way to start the day!

I listened to everyone, but if I didn't comment please don't feel slighted - I focus on classical for the most part.

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum Just wonderful Shepherd - you should be proud of that performance!

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op Very nicely done - the trills sounded great to me!

03. Monica K. - Gravity Never heard of this composer - he is similar to Einaudi - I can see why you picked it. Love it when the energy increases in the middle. Excellent playing as always!

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1 Well done - you had me from the beginning! Love the smooth thirds - they always remind me of two sopranos singing a duet.

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 Yes, we all play this at some point - but that doesn't detract from the fact that it is great music - loved it. I thought the balance between the hands was well done.

11. Peyton - Etude #6 Very engaging performance Peyton - I find most of Glass too repetitive and unfortunately boring, but this piece, or your playing(!), captured my attention.

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2 Very lively and sparkly - loved it!

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana Very interesting! And so well done! I'm impressed!

15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132 Regardless of who wrote it, it is an excellent example of a baroque minuet - well done!

16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor Just heard one of my fellow students at university play this in recital. Your version would compare favorably - good job!

17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang Very elegant! Makes me want to look it up and play it!

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1 You captured the spirit and lively dance of the Mazurka - loved it!

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 I played this one! Or at least tried to - I think you did a much better job at it than i ever did. Loved the chord progressions - you made them sound very lush and satisfying.

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6) I played this one too! Love the feel of the water lapping at the side of the boat. Excellent playing!

21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor I always meant to learn this one - but too many pieces, not enough time. Very convincing performance!

22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773 Outstanding job for only 15 months!

23. peterws - Mozart K331 Gotta love Mozart! But he is so hard to pull off, as I am learning now, unfortunately. These theme and variation movements are the hardest too - to make them all sound of a piece. You did a great job - and Mozart will forgive a few liberties!

24. MeganR - Summer Drought Very cool piece - loved the interesting sounds. Very well played.

25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1 Not familiar with this one, but you have convinced me with your playing - excellent!

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well It's great when we have an emotional connection to a piece (or song!), and I can hear your connection with this coming out as you play. Thanks for sharing your music with us...

27. Keselo - Waltz Very nice touch - light and perfect for this piece - well done!

31. Muhwu - Schumann - Knecht Ruprecht - Op. 68 No. 12 I played this too - love the masculine mood of the opening and closing, against the different mood in the middle - well done!

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816 Elegant and stately - you captured a wonderful baroque mood!

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7 This one is plenty scary for me - but your playing was lovely!

34. timmyab - op102 no4 Never played this one, but listened to it many times. Excellent job of bring out the melody surrounded by the blur of accompaniment!

36. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina Op. 88, No. 2 "Rondo" Love Kuhlau! I think you have mastered the "Sonatina" phase - time to move on to "Sonata" phase!

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2 I have tried this piece in the past and failed - you're doing a much better job at it than I ever did. Excellent!

40. Piano_primo_1 - Little Serenade You captured the right style - very Haydnesque! Loved it!

41. that'sRich - Mazurka in F Minor. Opus 57 No.3 from Trois morceaux. The Russians loved to be sad and bitter - it was a delicious feeling that they relished, I think. You captured it!

43. noobpianist90 - Divertimento in G Major Hob. XVI: 8 Wonderful style - so elegant and light!

45. joangolfing - Reverie (Sweet Dreams) I have heard this many times but never realized it was by Tchaikovsky (or just forgot). Wonderful job of bringing out that lower voice in the middle. Loved it!

46. LadyAcadia - Carnival of Venice Oh yes, we have all played this too - a folk song arranged by many people, including Paganini. Well done!

48. Greywullf - Chopin Prelude Op. 28, No. 6 Love the sonorous quality of this - nicely done!

49. Muove - Schumann - Op. 68 nr. 6 - Armes Waisenkind You have made a lot of progress! I kind of like the contrast between the short chords and the legato chords. Well done!

50. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Knowing When To Leave Glad to see (and hear) that you are back! Wonderful energy on this! Don't miss another recital!

51. thepianoplayer416 - Goldberg Var. #30 & Aria - BWV988 The Gould recordings are legendary - don't know how he did it! Loved your version! This is a piece that would probably take a lifetime for us normal people.

52. Micael K - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2 One of my favorites! Excellent playing!

54. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Prelude op.23 no.4 D major Hope to get to Rachmaninoff someday! I think you caught the mood of it very well!

55. dddaaannn - Fantasia in C Major Love the rock-solid steady feel of this and the different articulations. Very baroque!

Thanks!
Sam

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715037
02/17/18 09:51 AM
02/17/18 09:51 AM
LadyAcadia Offline

LadyAcadia  Offline

A very big Thank You! to the folks that collected our recitals. It's wonderfully organized on wiki. I'm looking forward to experience the musical pieces in the coming days.

Thank you for the encouraging words. This was my first on-line piano recital experience and it was a positive one! Have a wonderful day!😀

Dona Nobis Pacem
Yamaha DGX 660 (portable 88)
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: MarieJ] #2715039
02/17/18 09:59 AM
02/17/18 09:59 AM
Orange County, California
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MarieJ

Dan, I have Pianoteq 6 Stage, Steinway B Prelude. I calibrated the velocity curve for my Kawai ES110 but even with the built-in assistant I feel it’s a bit hit-and-miss (and anyway, I prefer to spend more time playing than tinkering with settings laugh ).

I hear you on that. I've been using Pianoteq less recently, and just sticking with the sound of the piano. Sometimes I do blend a random Model B setting with the internal sound for something different. The Prelude setting is one of my favorites though.

Here are a few more.

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High

Sounds like Jazz, well done laugh I'm not really a jazz person, but this makes me want to listen to more of it.

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise

I thought this was the adult beginner's forum? You're like a professional or something. The Crain piece is pretty. I'm going to listen to some of your other stuff on IMSLP.

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1

Very nice. Maybe in 50 years I can play that. I noticed you are using an N1 and recording with a Zoom though, from the speaker output of the piano? Sounds very good.

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2

More Chopin, never gets old. Well done.

Welcome to the forums, Laurie. You did a great job. Keep participating!

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715056
02/17/18 11:43 AM
02/17/18 11:43 AM
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
It would be cool if someone could build a Roku channel as front end to these recitals, and show the information people submitted while the piece plays.

A couple more. Will have to listen to more later tonight.

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana

I really enjoyed that, piano sounds wonderful. I think I heard something drop on the floor half way through smile

15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132

Great job! Well done. I particulary like that piece. It was in the recent issue of Pianist magazine. I'd like to give it a try sometime.

16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor

I thought this was amazing. Thanks for sharing. The Yamaha sounds great.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: bSharp(C)yclist] #2715058
02/17/18 11:58 AM
02/17/18 11:58 AM
Italy
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
casinitaly  Offline

Italy
It would be cool if someone could build a Roku channel as front end to these recitals, and show the information people submitted while the piece plays.

I don't know exactly what a Roku channel is ---- I read the info and open the music under a different tab smile

[Linked Image]

Currently working on: Chopin Waltz in Amin (post), Chopin Nocturne in Cmin (post)
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715076
02/17/18 01:07 PM
02/17/18 01:07 PM
pianopi Offline

pianopi  Offline

From the rear..:

# 55 dddaaannn
I loved your Telemann! Great, sensitive, driving rhythm, lovely clarity. I am envious of your phrasing and your trills. Really enjoyable playing.

chopinoholic (Paul de Koning)
Beautiful playing. I am not a huge fan of Romantic music, but you did bring the Rachmaninoff across very well indeed!

BSharp(C)yclist (Dan)
Very sensitive and emotive. Great job!

Micael K
Great job on the Chopin. Very expressive and technically accomplished.

thepianoplayer416
Very nice, contemplative playing. Beautiful.

Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White
Always enjoy Bacharach. Great job! I sometimes find, though, that song-tracks played without the singing accompaniment sometimes lack melody. Seeing as though you're playing this by ear, perhaps you could add some of the singer's part in the RH melody as well (or you could always sing along yourself!). Otherwise, it is very well played!

More to come..thanks, the last 10, for a very enjoyable Saturday morning!

"Genius is not the sign of demigodliness, but the sign of having a profoundly practical mind" - anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTc4esj9xQG6NjLIr9an29Q
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: bSharp(C)yclist] #2715083
02/17/18 01:23 PM
02/17/18 01:23 PM
Pacific Northwest
P
PianogrlNW Offline
500 Post Club Member
PianogrlNW  Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
Pacific Northwest

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah

Pretty and eloquent. Out of curiosity, what sort of chord rearrangements do you do when you come across 10ths? I can't span those either. In I Giorni, I moved some of the 10ths down to an octave.

Since the chords are so dense in this piece, I managed the 10ths with several options - drop the top note of the LH, pick up the note with the other hand, roll the chord, play a 9th instead of a 10th if it sounded right. With chords that consisted of 7 or 8 notes, dropping an inner note still sounded OK.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: bSharp(C)yclist] #2715089
02/17/18 01:37 PM
02/17/18 01:37 PM
Germany
Pianist685 Offline
Pianist685  Offline
Germany
07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise I thought this was the adult beginner's forum? You're like a professional or something. The Crain piece is pretty. I'm going to listen to some of your other stuff on IMSLP.

Thanks so much for your kind words and interest. No, I am not a professional, I have quite a different profession (by coincidence the same as Tim who plays even better than me). I call myself a pianist on IMSLP since that expression describes best what I am doing in my spare time. I could have added the word "amateur" but I fear that possible listeners might lose interest in my recordings then.

The photo was taken in a rented studio where I am playing a grand from time to time since I only have an upright at home.

The Crain piece is not very difficult, so I think it fits in the adult beginners' forum. But I understand what you mean, and you are certainly right. Some performances here are very professional. I have raised the issue myself in my first commenting post on the first page of this thread:

Originally Posted by Pianist685
12. Sandalholme - Mazurka 24/2 Another perfect rendition, I wonder if we are not a bit misplaced in the Adult Beginners' Forum with such great performances. [...]

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715095
02/17/18 01:58 PM
02/17/18 01:58 PM
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I'm just giving you a hard time .. please continue to participate smile

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Pianist685] #2715104
02/17/18 02:24 PM
02/17/18 02:24 PM
pianopi Offline

pianopi  Offline

The Crain piece is not very difficult, so I think it fits in the adult beginners' forum. But I understand what you mean, and you are certainly right. Some performances here are very professional. I have raised the issue myself in my first commenting post on the first page of this thread:

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka 24/2 Another perfect rendition, I wonder if we are not a bit misplaced in the Adult Beginners' Forum with such great performances. [...

So if you're any good, you shouldn't post..? There doesn't seem to be another organized outlet (i.e. regular recitals) on this forum for advanced players, Plus the ABF has a very broad description, encompassing the very beginning student to the very advanced, and, plus again, I for one relish the challenge of hearing the outstanding performances from those who consider themselves peers of the ABF - it really raises the bar, and makes world-class performances not an unattainable goal.

And, plus, again, it may be the case that someone has just moved up a level from "shaky" to "outstanding", and so definitely deserves to show it off!

"Genius is not the sign of demigodliness, but the sign of having a profoundly practical mind" - anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTc4esj9xQG6NjLIr9an29Q
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715112
02/17/18 02:48 PM
02/17/18 02:48 PM
S
SMA55 Offline
SMA55  Offline
S
12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2
I enjoyed this piece and your performance on that very much. Great job!

It’s hard to believe you’ve only been playing for a total of three months! You are clearly well on your way. Well done!

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana
I wasn’t familiar with this piece. It had interesting rhythms, and melodies that were oddly both romantic at times and dissonant at others. I think that you played it very well!

15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132
Evenly and accurately played. Good job.

16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor
Solid work on a piece that is not so easy to play. Well done!

17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang
Nice little piece and nicely played. Worth waiting the 3 years for, right? Congratulations!

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1
Great playing, especially considering that you learned the piece so recently!

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3
Pretty piece and well played. I think you’re developing a nice touch. I enjoyed your performance.

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6)
Very cleanly and precisely played. If I may offer a suggestion, you could really polish this piece and bring it and make it shine by introducing to it a broader range of dynamics and even a bit more rubato. That’s my own personal preference anyway. Very good work!

21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor
Beautiful piece. And very well played. I enjoyed it.

22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773
You’ve only been playing 15 months? That was great! I’m impressed.

23. peterws - Mozart K331
That was great, Peter! So well played. At every available opportunity, I myself avoid Mozart like the plague. Bravo!

Last edited by SMA55; 02/17/18 04:51 PM.
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715114
02/17/18 02:50 PM
02/17/18 02:50 PM
Italy
casinitaly Offline

casinitaly  Offline

Italy
It's really normal for people to be surprised at the level of some of the participants in our "beginners" forum - and for some to question if they should be joining in.

The wonderful thing about our forum, (which can be confusing) is that people like to stay here, even when their skills develop! They (we) arrive as beginners, or restarters - and we never want to leave!

In our recitals we have had everything: from people who have just had their first lesson, to people who studied as children then stopped, then re-started as adults (and in that group we have many who have been in this forum for almost 20 years!).

So, yes, it can be disconcerting to hear some of the wonderful performances and perhaps even feel intimidated. I too asked the question "But isn't this for beginners" after I listened to my first recital!
I was, at first, really self-conscious about being so far behind others. I still feel far behind many, but that's always going to be the case. The important thing is to focus on your own progress and enjoy hearing others moving forward too.

There really isn't another forum for people who have grown in their skills. Our Pianist Corner is not for the adult amateur, - and the atmosphere there is a bit different - not everyone feels comfortable there.

There have been suggestions about creating a new forum for those who have made a lot of progress, but there are also very strong feelings about keeping our community together and staying in touch with the people we are "growing up" with , musically speaking.

After my first recital here, once I got over my surprise, I decided to be inspired by our more advanced players instead of intimidated.

I think it enriches us all to have this wonderful range of performances.

Last edited by casinitaly; 02/19/18 07:22 AM. Reason: fixed typo

[Linked Image]

Currently working on: Chopin Waltz in Amin (post), Chopin Nocturne in Cmin (post)
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: casinitaly] #2715121
02/17/18 03:07 PM
02/17/18 03:07 PM
Muove Offline
Muove  Offline
casinitaly,
I couldn't have said it better.

Originally Posted by casinitaly

The wonderful thing about our forum, (which can be confusing) is that people like to stay here, even when their skills develop! They (we) arrive as beginners, or restarters - and we never want to leave!

... and I would hate it if they would be gone!
(and I'm sure if you would ask, a lot of those amazing players still *feel* like beginners, feeling they still have a long way to go on their journey.)

Last edited by Muove; 02/17/18 03:09 PM.

Kawai K3 upright - Roland FP30 digital piano
Started from scratch august 2014
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Muove] #2715139
02/17/18 04:22 PM
02/17/18 04:22 PM
Georgia, USA
Sam S Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Sam S  Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Georgia, USA

The next quarterly recital will be #50. That's 12 1/2 years of recitals. We have one person who has participated in every recital (Monica), and there are over 70+ people who have done at least 10 recitals. That's a lot of experience.

Its best not to compare yourself to others - I speak from experience. Be happy for them that they have worked hard to get where they are. Be encouraged that if you also do 10, 20, 30 or 49(!) recitals, you will improve too.

We really ought to do something special for recital #50!

Sam

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: casinitaly] #2715140
02/17/18 04:26 PM
02/17/18 04:26 PM
Florida
cmb13 Offline
Silver Level
cmb13  Offline
Silver Level
Florida
Yes, casinitaly, as I mentioned in the past, I agree we should stay together. The beginners forum without people who have a little more knowledge and experience wouldn't be helpful. I too am growing here from a beginner to an intermediate and I'm happy with the crowd.

Boston 118 PE

Working On
Debussy - La fille aux cheveux de lin
Bach - Adagio 974
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715164
02/17/18 06:20 PM
02/17/18 06:20 PM
Dorset, UK
S
sandalholme Offline
500 Post Club Member
sandalholme  Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Dorset, UK
As my name/playing has been mentioned re performances which are seen as not "beginners" and I wrote "too long" or some such phrase in the number of years' playing box, let me explain why I have posted recordings on the Quarterly recitals.

I have been playing the piano since I was 7 and at my next birthday I shall be 76. I was taught until I was 18, after that I have been entirely self-taught, except for some lessons in my "harpsichord" phase. During this time I have played for pleasure and tbh not practised properly, until recently. I went from acoustic grand to digital about 3 years' ago - downsized house - and at the same time realised my index fingers were following other joints into arthritis. So, I set myself a project - now I could record from the digital - to practise and record pieces to be able to listen to them when I could no longer play. I found that, even with relatively effective practice, mistakes would occur after just a few minutes. So my recordings, say of a Mozart sonata, consist of takes of sections, rather than whole movements, and would still contain some slips. I can live with slips which are not too glaring. However, trying to record several minutes for an ABF recital gives me an added goal: to try to record a whole piece as note perfect as possible as well as being musically pleasing. The Mazurka in this recital crashed in one bar, I repeated it immediately and continued, then deleted the original bar. I declared this in my submission because I was happy with the performance. Technical perfection is a given for professionals, who then focus on the interpretation. Rightly or wrongly I focus on interpretation at the expense of technical polish. (I stopped posting on Pianists Corner when flamed for suggesting that some music is technically easy, but all music is musically difficult.)

So, I am not an adult beginner, but I am on a new musical journey, even if it might turn out to be short. If my playing gives some pleasure, I am happy to share it and I appreciate your comments.

Full disclosure: I have played in public - as an amateur - in the past and still give an occasional recital for charity, for friends and friends of friends who don't mind the odd wrong note.

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715169
02/17/18 06:45 PM
02/17/18 06:45 PM
Italy
casinitaly Offline

casinitaly  Offline

Italy
Sandalhome, thank you for sharing your story.....and your music!

I know I am not alone in appreciateing your presence here in the forum and the recitals!

Sam- even though I realize this is number 49, I somehow didn’t really think about the next one being such a milestone.
We should indeed do something special! Let’s put our thinking caps on!

[Linked Image]

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: casinitaly] #2715174
02/17/18 07:03 PM
02/17/18 07:03 PM
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I don't know exactly what a Roku channel is ---- I read the info and open the music under a different tab smile

It's a little device you connect to the TV and then stream internet content through it. I prefer watching/listening to content through my TV and speaker system there, as opposed to the laptop.

I was thinking there could be a Piano World Recital app, you open it up and lists all recitals, all pieces, and you can pick and choose, search, etc. I don't think it would be hard to do. However, I don't spend my free time working on side development projects anymore.

Here are a few more.

17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang

Very nice, Anita! Sounds like a fun little piece.

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1

One of my favorite pieces. I listen to this often in the car (Falling in Love with Chopin album). Well done!

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3

I would keep it in your repertorie. Very pretty piece. I'm not very familar with Mendelssohn's work. Sounds like you nailed it.

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6)

Another Mendelssohn! Nice job - relaxing. I bet it sounds great on the new NV10? laugh

22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773

Very nice - I think this is my favorite invention. I love minor keys.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715175
02/17/18 07:15 PM
02/17/18 07:15 PM
Lexington, Kentucky
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Monica K.  Offline

Lexington, Kentucky
Next batch...

31. Muhwu - Schumann - Knecht Ruprecht - Op. 68 No. 12: My main reaction on hearing the first half of this piece was “gosh, that sure sounds like FUN to play!” I loved the bouncy energy you brought to that section. Octave jumps are hard, but you made them sound easy.

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816: You give this Bach piece a soft, singing quality that’s very pleasing. You’re also clearly talented in more than music; I enjoyed seeing all your hand-painted t-shirts in the video. smile

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7: Oh, that was so short but so sweet! I loved the lilting quality of your chords. (And was that your cat I saw in the background of the video making a cameo? grin

34. timmyab - op102 no4: I really liked the dreamy, romantic atmosphere you give this piece. I loved the delicate run in the right hand at the 1:10 mark. smile

35. PikaPianist - Binks' Sake: What a catchy tune! You had me tapping my foot and nodding my head. This is the kind of melody you can easily get stuck in your head, and it sounds like a heck of a lot of fun to play. I don’t know what’s more impressive: Your playing of this piece, or your being able to transcribe it. wow

36. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina Op. 88, No. 2 "Rondo": You do a great job of playing this at a pretty fast clip but not making it *sound* rushed.

37. newbert - Souvenir: I wouldn’t have guessed this was a Billy Joel song if I hadn’t read your description; it’s got a rather old-fashioned air I would’ve attributed to the likes of Sinatra or Bing Crosby instead. Very pleasant!

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2: My jaw dropped when I heard your amazing performance! Then I looked at your info for the recital entry and saw you had 50 years experience on piano, which makes your performance more understandable, though still quite impressive. I don’t have any intelligent feedback other than to say that your playing sounded flawless to me.

39. Sam S - Notturno: This sounds more like “pretty much polished” piece to me than a “work in progress”! You played those long trills in the middle section from 1:15 to 1:40 beautifully, and you had an excellent command of the dynamics.

40. Piano_primo_1 - Little Serenade: This is such a fun little piece, and your playing sounds appropriately light and relaxed. Wish it were longer!

Mason & Hamlin A -- 91997
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/pianomonica
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Sam S] #2715176
02/17/18 07:21 PM
02/17/18 07:21 PM
Lexington, Kentucky
Monica K. Offline

Monica K.  Offline

Lexington, Kentucky
Originally Posted by Sam S

The next quarterly recital will be #50. That's 12 1/2 years of recitals. We have one person who has participated in every recital (Monica), and there are over 70+ people who have done at least 10 recitals. That's a lot of experience.

Its best not to compare yourself to others - I speak from experience. Be happy for them that they have worked hard to get where they are. Be encouraged that if you also do 10, 20, 30 or 49(!) recitals, you will improve too.

We really ought to do something special for recital #50!

Sam

My initial impulse was to insist you had to be wrong with your math or something... no WAY we've been doing these recitals for 12 1/2 years! Then I sat down and started subtracting years etc., and sure enough, you're right! wow

I'm not sure what we could do special for #50 (Fifty submissions of Einaudi? laugh ), but I'd better start thinking hard about potential pieces to have ready for it.

Mason & Hamlin A -- 91997
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/pianomonica
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Monica K.] #2715186
02/17/18 07:57 PM
02/17/18 07:57 PM
Georgia, USA
Sam S Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Sam S  Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Georgia, USA
Originally Posted by Monica K.

(Fifty submissions of Einaudi? laugh )

Noooooooo! ha

Sam

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715207
02/17/18 09:43 PM
02/17/18 09:43 PM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber
Queensland Australia
21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor Another new piece to me - and a very beautiful one. Thank you!

22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773 Fifteen months and you were able to present this? Super! thumb

23. peterws - Mozart K331 And according to ‘moi’, you did a brilliant job here. I loved every one of your almost-7, indeed special, minutes.

24. MeganR - Summer Drought An unusual piece from a Canadian composer; I’d never heard of her before. You brought out the brooding atmosphere reminiscent of times of drought; well played!

25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1 Jeff, that was simply superb. Bravo!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715233
02/17/18 11:50 PM
02/17/18 11:50 PM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber
Queensland Australia
26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well I wonder when you went piano-shopping, if you ever thought that one day you’d be ready to record this piece/song and submit it to a Recital. A very rewarding achievement, and very sensitively played.

27. Keselo - Waltz A delicate little waltz - lovely!

28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green I haven't seen Blade Runner, but I’ve always loved the music of Vangelis. Your piano settings, and ‘just right’ touch, capture his special sound. Seriously good!

29. Ralph L. - Introduction and dance (piano+keyboard) Not easy to do, a lot to coordinate - but you clearly had fun nailing it! Most enjoyable.

30. Medden - Giorni Dispari I’ve been avoiding this piece, it’s always looked daunting. I thought your pace was appropriate, your touch delicate, and your dynamics excellent. You’ve inspired me to try it - thank you!

Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2715237
02/18/18 12:22 AM
02/18/18 12:22 AM
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
23. peterws - Mozart K331

Well done. I like helicopters.

24. MeganR - Summer Drought

That's an interesting piece, well done. It's got a spooky, erie sound. I thought it was familar. Now I remember where I heard it.

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well

An eloquent piece, you play it very nicely. I don't think I've heard of Phil Coulter before. Many of these artists are new to me.

28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green

That was really good, I enjoyed watching you play that. Now I want to watch Blade Runner.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
Re: Recital 49 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Pianist685] #2715241
02/18/18 01:02 AM
02/18/18 01:02 AM
Florida
cmb13 Offline
Silver Level
cmb13  Offline
Silver Level
Florida
Hello, ABF 49! I tried to listen and comment on the entire recital but am I a little tired so forgive me for some of the briefer comments. Great performances, folks!

01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum Very nice piece, well played. It must have taken a ton of practice to get this piece down, and from memory to boot! Amazing you've been able to play this after 4 years. It seems very complex, I'm not sure I'll ever tackle this one. Great job, and I also liked the slide show.

02. earlofmar - Bagatelle No 11, Op Nice Bagatelle, good job.

03. Monica K. - Gravity Very nice played as always, as expected. Love that beautiful piano!

04. MarieJ - Dolce Droga Very beautiful, very soothing.

05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah Also very beautiful. I'm not particularly familiar with Keith Jarrett but might have to check him out. Very nice calm melody.

06. Riddler (Ed) - 500 Miles High !!!WOW!!!

07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise Beautiful piece, well played. I'll listen to this again.

08. Ganddalf - Nocturne Op.32 no.1 I haven't heard this Nocturne before; it is a little different than the one with which I am familiar. Thanks for the introduction, well played.

09. Jerzyk19 - Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 Love this one, so nice. I played it 2 recitals ago, and I'm still working on tweaking it. I play it with a little more rubato at points.

10. zsolpyW - I fix my eye in thin Yes, I didn't know what to expect here, but this is a really nice piece. Thanks for introducing it to us. You brought out the melody very well, kept the bass arpeggio in the background well. Lot of jumps and movement, liked watching the video.

11. Peyton - Etude #6 Very powerful, fast, exciting…….it was 'driving' if that makes sense.

12. Sandalholme - Mazurka Op24 No2 Very good; didn't notice the glitch.

13. Tootles/Laurie - I Want to Hold Your Hand Well it's only a few months and you just played a real song! One that launched a generation of music, I might add. My first song was Imagine btw.

14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana Very nicely played.

15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132 Very nice melody, thanks for sharing!

16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor Ah one of my favorite pieces, one that I hope to reach someday. The day is getting closer. Did you really learn this after only 2.5 yrs of lessons? Please tell me you were playing even before; I see your username has been here since 2009. Regardless, thanks for sharing.

17. Anita Potter - Zum Anfang Well played, that Casio sounds nice.

18. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 7 no. 1 Boy that piece sound just way to peppy for me! I seem to be drawn more to the sad songs smile. You could probably use this for the Waltz recital.

19. cmb13 - Consolation in E Maj, Op 30, No 3 Awesome, among the best wink :. Keep playing!

20. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 19, No. 6) The more I hear the Songs Without Words, the more I like these selections. I have attempted two (one above), but think I'll pick up the Schirmer complete edition one of these days. Nice job, love the slow bass line interspersed with the melody.

21. Moo smile - Songs Without Words Op.67 no.5 in B Minor As above, I'm really liking the Mendelssohn. This one is new to me. Well played, like the camera angle. Thanks!

22. fishandchips - Invention 2 in C Minor BWV 773 You have quite a SoundCloud library for 15 months. Good job on this Invention; I'm sure these are so helpful. I personally don't have the patience for the Inventions, I wish I did. So much beautiful music out there! I look forward to exploring that SoundCloud channel more in the future.

23. peterws - Mozart K331 Yes this covered a lot of ground stylistically. Great presentation.

24. MeganR - Summer Drought Nice job, Megan, I can almost feel the ranch in this music! Sounds hot, dusty, summery; I don't know but I'm picturing your photos while listening to this and it works.

25. Greener/Jeff - Nocturne in Em, Posthumous. Opus 72, no. 1 Ah, another Chopin Nocturne. So haunting, so beautiful. This is the level I hope to reach one day; where I can knock off some Nocturnes. Loved it and loved watching you play it on the YouTube video. Is that an Orchid on the piano? The pop of color contrasts nicely with the black and white of the piano.

Whose YouTube performance were you referring to? I keep watching Kara Camparetto's video…it's awesome.

26. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - The Town I loved So Well What a beautiful song and haunting lyrics. This especially hits home for me, as I live right next door to the town that had the school shooting this week. It's the end of the innocence for thousands of teenagers here, my kids among them; it's a tight community. It's really been rough. Your performance was touching; I'm glad you've gotten the piece you aspired to down in your repertoire

27. Keselo - Waltz I liked this piece, nicely done, worth perfecting and keeping.

28. GoldmanT - Memories of Green Never heard this…but interestingly I have Blade Runner recorded on my DVR and I've been planning on watching it soon (the original). Glad you returned to piano, very good.

29. Ralph L. - Introduction and dance (piano+keyboard) Very nice, played in time with the "band". That's a skill I don't have!

30. Medden - Giorni Dispari (to do) Nice piece, quiet and mellow. I liked the fade at the end. Love London, was there last summer. Can't wait to go back to The Wigmore!

31. Muhwu - Schumann - Knecht Ruprecht - Op. 68 No. 12 Interesting piece, with that strong bass line. I'm not too familiar with Schumann.

32. pianopi - Allemande from French Suite in G Major, BWV 816 Sounds like there's a lot going on in this little piece. I liked it. The trills sounded good to me.

33. sinophilia - Prelude in A Major op. 28 no. 7 Good recording….I just checked off this piece also…three down. Which one is next? Btw I see you hit that A# in measure 12 with your L thumb. I've been hitting the A# and C# both with my R thumb as written on my transcription….I'm going to have to reexamine this as it is quite a stretch with the R hand.

34. timmyab - op102 no4 That was absolutely beautiful! I agree about Mendelsohn, as in above comments, I'm starting to like his music more and more, like a comfortable blanket or an old friend.

35. PikaPianist - Binks' Sake I enjoyed watching you play this song, your arms are moving constantly. You must be tired!

36. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina Op. 88, No. 2 "Rondo" Sure is upbeat! What stamina you must have! Oh and I love Thai!

37. newbert - Souvenir Very nice, I can picture Billy Joel have dazed after a long show playing that for the crowd, as the night draws to a close and the lighting fades away.

38. FrankieC - Intermezzo in A Major, Opus 118, No. 2 Another outstanding performance. Another one I must listen to again. Subscribed on You Tube. I'll be in Nashville in a few weeks on a college tour (Atlanta and Nashville on this trip) - any piano bars to check out?

39. Sam S - Notturno Beautifully played. Those Grieg nocturnes are no joke. My teacher suggested one to me (C maj), but honestly, just looking at it scared me. I'm not ready. You played it very nicely. That university somewhere between the Atlantic and the Mississippi wink is treating you well!

40. Piano_primo_1 - Little Serenade Short little piece, well done. I liked the diminuendo at the end.

41. that'sRich - Mazurka in F Minor. Opus 57 No.3 from Trois morceaux. I liked listening to this, and listened a second time after reading your description. Great job of bringing out the intended emotions of the piece. I really enjoyed it.

42. andy250 - Krotka bajka Andy, I like this piece, nice touch, phrasing. It was worth polishing.

43. noobpianist90 - Divertimento in G Major Hob. XVI: 8 That was excellent. The sonata somehow felt like I was listening to an actual live recital, possibly b/c of the various movements.

44. SandTiger - Capistrano v2 Very nice, excellent that you composed this on your own. Southern California is such a great place, beautiful nature, great atmosphere by the Pacific. I can see how you can be inspired.

45. joangolfing - Reverie (Sweet Dreams) Sounds like good progress, to play this without looking much; I'm on the same quest!

46. LadyAcadia - Carnival of Venice Well played, nice touch.

47. Serge88 - My Love Excellent, beautiful rendition.

48. Greywullf - Chopin Prelude Op. 28, No. 6 Love the preludes, I haven't played this one yet. I still have so much to learn (sigh)! Nice job on this one. I might have added a little more rubato to it, I think, but as I haven't attempted it I can't be sure.

49. Muove - Schumann - Op. 68 nr. 6 - Armes Waisenkind Nice job, Muove.

50. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Knowing When To Leave Very good, thanks.

51. thepianoplayer416 - Goldberg Var. #30 & Aria - BWV988 Like the harpsichord sound.

52. Micael K - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2 Ambitious of you to take on a Chopin Nocturne after just 2.5 yrs back, but you did it well. Great piece to have in your repertoire.

53. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Nuvole Bianche Hey, this was really nice! I enjoyed watching the YouTube of it…..the break in the flow at around 3:20 was pretty cool. (I just rewatched and noticed the page turn…seems like it came at an opportune time). Not being in the Einaudi camp, I'm not all that familiar with the piece (although I have heard it once or twice). Great job. Btw I watched the video, so didn't hear the second version…might listen later.

54. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Prelude op.23 no.4 D major Outstanding. Can't add anything here. Just perfect. I need to listen to this again. I personally am glad we have such quality music and performances in the ABF recital. It's inspiring.

55. dddaaannn - Fantasia in C Major Very nicely played. Good way to end the recital!

Boston 118 PE

Working On
Debussy - La fille aux cheveux de lin
Bach - Adagio 974
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  BB Player 

New Topics - Multiple Forums
How much sample memory is in there?
by MacMacMac. 06/24/18 11:46 AM
obituary
by LXXXVIIIdentes. 06/24/18 11:38 AM
HL Piano Lessons vs HL Adult Piano Method
by Sol Finker. 06/24/18 11:07 AM
Anybody ever added a pedalboard to your keyboard?
by Bellyman. 06/24/18 09:36 AM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Steingraeber
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics186,114
Posts2,727,036
Members90,435
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission