Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
112 registered members (AlphaBravoCharlie, Bruce In Philly, cardguy2.0, Birdgolf, anotherscott, Beemer, 24 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2767944
09/27/18 11:01 AM
09/27/18 11:01 AM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
Well, I knew it would happen eventually.... I've been playing about 15 months and I finally ran out of keys! I bought a 61-key keyboard figuring it would take me awhile to get to the point where I was moving so far up and down the keyboard to need those extra keys. Last night I was trying out one of the new Halloween pieces that they uploaded just for something different, and the first several measures are to be played both hands in a bass position (below middle C) and while the keys I need are all there, the last 2 keys don't play what they should; they show on the display as 8va and the app won't recognize that I am playing the correct keys. So it's a bit of a bummer and I just overlooked it for now as it is the 1st piece that has happened to me, but I think it's somewhat of a hint that it may not be as long as I thought before I need to upgrade to a full 88 keys.

Anyone else having a go at some seasonal/Halloween tunes?

Alfred's Adult All-in-One, Book 1 ๐ŸŽน
Alfred's Greatest Hits Level 1 ๐ŸŽถ
PianoVideoLessons.com
๐ŸŽผ Piano Marvel 3D
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2767978
09/27/18 02:23 PM
England
LarryShone Offline
1000 Post Club Member
LarryShone  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

England
Hmm I've not heard of this piano marvel, what is involved? Is it free? (I have zero money to spend on lessons)

Last edited by LarryShone; 09/27/18 02:24 PM.

If the piano is the King of instruments then I am its loyal servant.
[Linked Image]

My Piano Group
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2767979
Tyrone Slothrop Online content
500 Post Club Member
Tyrone Slothrop  Online Content
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by GidgetKeys
Well, I knew it would happen eventually.... I've been playing about 15 months and I finally ran out of keys! I bought a 61-key keyboard figuring it would take me awhile to get to the point where I was moving so far up and down the keyboard to need those extra keys. Last night I was trying out one of the new Halloween pieces that they uploaded just for something different, and the first several measures are to be played both hands in a bass position (below middle C) and while the keys I need are all there, the last 2 keys don't play what they should; they show on the display as 8va and the app won't recognize that I am playing the correct keys. So it's a bit of a bummer and I just overlooked it for now as it is the 1st piece that has happened to me, but I think it's somewhat of a hint that it may not be as long as I thought before I need to upgrade to a full 88 keys.

Actually, if the keys are there on your keyboard, but they aren't being recognized, that isn't a number of keys issue. That sounds like a bug and you might report it, if resynchronizing (setting up again) the keyboard doesn't solve. I can try it out on my 88-key keyboard and see what I find if you let me know the name.

Anyone else having a go at some seasonal/Halloween tunes?

Not yet for me. I've been caught up in regular piano lessons and haven't even turned on PM in a while.

across the stone, deathless piano performances
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: LarryShone] #2767985
09/27/18 02:59 PM
09/27/18 02:59 PM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
Originally Posted by LarryShone
Hmm I've not heard of this piano marvel, what is involved? Is it free? (I have zero money to spend on lessons)

It's free for 30 days and then its subscription based either through the website or ipad app (the subscription through the app is like $11.99 a month I think). it connects via midi connection to your keyboard or digital piano. you play along with the exercises/pieces and it grades you and measures correct or incorrect notes. it does not measure duration or dynamics, but I'm mostly using it for getting my note recognition and playing speed improved. it does have an sight reading assessment test that you can take and a Library of popular pieces that you can learn.

PianoVideoLessons.com
๐ŸŽผ Piano Marvel 3D
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2767992
09/27/18 03:42 PM
09/27/18 03:42 PM
England
LarryShone Offline
1000 Post Club Member
LarryShone  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

England

It's free for 30 days and then its subscription based either through the website or ipad app (the subscription through the app is like $11.99 a month I think). it connects via midi connection to your keyboard or digital piano. you play along with the exercises/pieces and it grades you and measures correct or incorrect notes. it does not measure duration or dynamics, but I'm mostly using it for getting my note recognition and playing speed improved. it does have an sight reading assessment test that you can take and a Library of popular pieces that you can learn.

Ah, I don't have an apple product and I don't use MIDI. Oh well.

If the piano is the King of instruments then I am its loyal servant.
[Linked Image]

My Piano Group
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: LarryShone] #2772031
10/13/18 02:46 AM
10/13/18 02:46 AM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline

Just outside London UK

Ah, I don't have an apple product and I don't use MIDI. Oh well.

I've been on holiday so didn't see this when first posted.

You don't need any apple product - it works well with windows.

If your piano is the Celviano in the picture in your sig, then it will have a USB Host Port. You can very cheaply get a usb host to normal usb cable (they are often used for connecting to printers) and then connect the piano into the usb port of your computer (or laptop - thats most convenient because you put it on top of your piano). It will then work more or less straight out the box. You go to the piano marvel web site and down load their app with will get you up and running

I bought a years subscription nearly a year ago for $99 (I let the 30 day free trial run to almost the end before purchasing it) which translated to ยฃ76.09 on my credit card.

I haven't used it much in the last couple of months (after getting to level 6 with 100% on every thing before it) as I much prefer to learn and play from paper music, but I still do the sight reading tests. I am debating with myself whether to renew the subscription when its due. I probably will just for sight reading.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2775175
10/24/18 10:00 AM
10/24/18 10:00 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
I love the new library, it's so much more clear. You too?

โ€œThe important thing is to feel your music, really feel it and believe it.โ€ -Ray Charles
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2775177
10/24/18 10:06 AM
10/24/18 10:06 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by Sarah65

Sarah65, welcome back! Are you and your husband faring better now health-wise?

Yes, I'm much happier with the library, and the musical notation improvements are nice too. More then one finger can now be notated on a single stem (previously, if you uploaded a piece with two finger notations on a single note stem, they would appear one over-printing the other. Hairpins now appear on scores too. It's great!

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2775258
10/24/18 04:01 PM
10/24/18 04:01 PM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
I like it too. It also helps that I've been connecting through my laptop instead my iPad. The 'prepare' feature isn't available on the iPad app.

PianoVideoLessons.com
๐ŸŽผ Piano Marvel 3D
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2775585
10/26/18 03:23 AM
10/26/18 03:23 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Sarah65, welcome back! Are you and your husband faring better now health-wise?

Yes, I'm much happier with the library, and the musical notation improvements are nice too. More then one finger can now be notated on a single stem (previously, if you uploaded a piece with two finger notations on a single note stem, they would appear one over-printing the other. Hairpins now appear on scores too. It's great!

Thank you Tyrone, my husband is ok now, revalidation is finished and he is good now. Me is something else...must have operation, but I want to wait , maybe it goes away wink Still lots of pain and max 15 min on piano...now I practice the notes in my head in my bed laugh

โ€œThe important thing is to feel your music, really feel it and believe it.โ€ -Ray Charles
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: TomInCinci] #2778435
11/05/18 02:43 PM
11/05/18 02:43 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by TomInCinci
I tried MuseScore but it looks like they did away with the .xml export.

Just wanted to pass the following message on to anyone left on PW still using Piano Marvel that I just received from Piano Marvel Tech Support:
Thanks for reaching out. Our platform is now currently able to handle uploading music from MuseScore. If you have any issues, please let us know.
----------
Piano Marvel Team
https://www.musicmarvel.com/support

So whereas it was necessary before to use an old version of Musescore with Piano Marvel for compatibility reasons, it is now safe to upgrade MuseScore and any issues that arise will be solved by Tech Support. thumb yippie

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2778498
11/05/18 05:12 PM
11/05/18 05:12 PM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium

----------
Piano Marvel Team
https://www.musicmarvel.com/support[/quote]
So whereas it was necessary before to use an old version of Musescore with Piano Marvel for compatibility reasons, it is now safe to upgrade MuseScore and any issues that arise will be solved by Tech Support. thumb yippie[/quote]

Great laugh

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2778518
11/05/18 05:59 PM
11/05/18 05:59 PM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
I would like to learn how to go about doing that.

Are you manually keying in your score? Does the PDF conversion work?

PianoVideoLessons.com
๐ŸŽผ Piano Marvel 3D
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2778521
11/05/18 06:14 PM
11/05/18 06:14 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

I would like to learn how to go about doing that.

Are you manually keying in your score? Does the PDF conversion work?

Aye. I will explain later this evening after my practice wink. Or you can check your PM (private messages) on this forum because you were included in a PM thread from this past April which explained this wink
More later.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2778554
11/05/18 07:53 PM
11/05/18 07:53 PM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
Oh right!!! I totally forgot about that! I'll go back and check that out. Thanks!!

PianoVideoLessons.com
๐ŸŽผ Piano Marvel 3D
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2778726
11/06/18 12:13 PM
11/06/18 12:13 PM
The Sunshine State
Halaa Offline
Halaa  Offline

The Sunshine State
I've been very much enjoying the program and am picking up sight reading at a rather quick pace! My only harrumph so far is when you are required to play at a very slow 40bpm tempo in method. I find I make more mistakes with a slower tempo than I do with a faster tempo! I'm not sure if it's that I've got trigger fingers, but I have been manually changing the tempo to 60 in those exercises to save myself some sanity. whistle

Last edited by Halaa; 11/06/18 12:15 PM.
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2778728
11/06/18 12:18 PM
11/06/18 12:18 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Oh right!!! I totally forgot about that! I'll go back and check that out. Thanks!!

First:
  • Go to https://musescore.org/en
  • Click the free download button
  • Chose the correct version to download MuseScore for your computer (do not select the alpha release of MuseScore 3)
  • Install

When you start MuseScore, you can go to the File menu and select the "Import PDF" option. This actually opens the musescore.com site where you have to have created a free account. Log yourself in. Then follow the steps to upload a PDF of the score you want to have converted to MuseScore format. After you have selected the file, it is queued up for the online conversion process which takes some time. Meanwhile the Musescore.com page will update ever few seconds until the conversion process is complete. When the conversion is done, you will get a download link for a MuseScore mscz file.

Open the mscz file in Musescore. Sometimes there are error message when you try to open this file. The conversion process doesn't go totally smoothly always. You can either clean up the PDF a bit (trim off covers and excess text on the borders of the music), and try the conversion again or just ignore the errors and move on to the next step.

When you have opened the file in Musescore, you can further edit and clean the file. Music notation editing in Musescore is beyond the scope of my quick intro to uploading music to Piano Marvel wink but you can find videos on YouTube on this if you don't want to use the MuseScore manuals.

Here are two big editing rules that I've always used because of previous problems with uploading in Piano Marvel:
  • Repeats don't work in Piano Marvel (at least they didn't before). So I always take repeated sections, and sections indicated by DC al fine, and I just duplicate them manually in Piano Marvel.
  • Numeric tempo indications of the "quarter note = 120" sort do not work in Piano Marvel (at least they didn't before). Delete all of these from the score. You will set the default tempo for the piece in Piano Marvel in another way.

There used to be other "gotchas", but many of them may have gone away. They've really improved the process in the last few months as evidenced by the fact that the current release of MuseScore now works with PianoMarvel. Things which didn't work before, like hairpins for dynamics, now work. More than one finger notation for notes sharing a single stem now appear, but there are still some glitches. Sometimes the note itself overlaps the finger notation. I assume these bugs will get addressed with time. Ok, back to using this score in Piano Marvel.

After the score is the way you want it, check for correctness either by playing it in Musescore (hit the little right triangle button at top of score) or exporting an MP3 file you can play in your media player. When you've confirmed that all is fine, besides saving your product in the native Musescore format (.mscz), go to File in the menu and choose export. You will export two additional version of this file: A "Standard MIDI File (*.mid)" and an "Uncompressed MusicXML File (*.musicxml)". Optionally, you can also export a PDF file as it is also possible to upload that to Piano Marvel, but this isn't necessary. I don't bother for quick-and-dirty uploads just to practice something.

Now log in "to practice" on Piano Marvel.
  • Go to the Library.
  • Click the "Upload button" (it is lower left of screen on new interface or upper right of screen on old interface)
  • At the lower left is the button "+ Upload New Song Beta". Click that.
  • Complete the left side of the "New Song" window. Here is where you can set the default tempo for Piano Marvel. You can only use tempos from 30 to 240bpm. At a minimum, you'll need to fill in song title and composer.
  • Now complete the right side. The 2 important fields on the right are the first two. "MIDI File" and "Music XML File". Select the two files you exported above in each of the respective fields. The other fields are all optional. If you want to save a piece and come back to it, or if you want to share your upload with other Piano Marvel users, then you can fill these in, if you want.
  • Click the Save button at the bottom of the window.
  • Now you can go back into the library and try it out (it will be in the "Favorites" tab on the new interface) or you can click on the circled pencil icon in the 6th column of the upload window (lower left of Upload window) to create or edit the practice mode (add some chopping and mincing of the song to play/practice only certain hands or certain measures). To do that, you can check out both this Youtube video and this second video, which explain this in detail. Although the first video is a year old, I don't believe anything has changed with respect to this practice mode editing feature. Be sure to follow the directions in the second video carefully. There are things you can't do like use a "point" of zero, etc. which the 2nd video will cover.

That's it. Let me know if this works for you.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Halaa] #2778761
11/06/18 01:52 PM
11/06/18 01:52 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by Halaa
My only harrumph so far is when you are required to play at a very slow 40bpm tempo in method. I find I make more mistakes with a slower tempo than I do with a faster tempo!

I would be surprised if other people don't experience the same thing with a tempo slower than a certain point. I bet that's why some teachers (and some top pianists like Vladimir Horowitz) have either advocated, or themselves practiced, super slow practice. I saw one suggestion of playing things you want to learn thoroughly (like scales and arpeggios) occasionally at a tempo of 15bpm per quarter note because, "normally playing more slowly makes things easier, but when the tempo gets this slow, your mind can start to play tricks...you'll have 4 seconds [for each quarter note] to doubt, to wonder, to question..." Obviously one side effect of such slow tempos is you can't rely on your muscle memory at all. Your muscles have a super short attention span. Play notes at this tempo has to totally come from your head.

I have read that Horowitz would sometimes slow down to the pace of 20 seconds per measure during his practice.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2778844
11/06/18 07:21 PM
11/06/18 07:21 PM
The Sunshine State
Halaa Offline
Halaa  Offline

The Sunshine State
15bpm? I do not have the patience for that. It could be very good but I know that I would not enjoy my practice sessions at all if I had to trudge through that!

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Halaa] #2778854
11/06/18 09:12 PM
11/06/18 09:12 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
occasionally at a tempo of 15bpm

15bpm? I do not have the patience for that. It could be very good but I know that I would not enjoy my practice sessions at all if I had to trudge through that!

I hear you! I hate that speed to. But the suggestion was for "occasionally", not all the time. I still hate it even so and have only done it a few times myself. I think it does do something, but I'm not sure what. confused

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Halaa] #2778899
11/07/18 04:39 AM
11/07/18 04:39 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
I've been very much enjoying the program and am picking up sight reading at a rather quick pace! My only harrumph so far is when you are required to play at a very slow 40bpm tempo in method. I find I make more mistakes with a slower tempo than I do with a faster tempo! I'm not sure if it's that I've got trigger fingers, but I have been manually changing the tempo to 60 in those exercises to save myself some sanity. whistle

Same here, in practice mode I skip the slowest version because I fail it every time. Only when the fingering is difficult I use the "prepare"...and then the slow.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2778961
11/07/18 12:19 PM
11/07/18 12:19 PM
The Sunshine State
Halaa Offline
Halaa  Offline

The Sunshine State
So I have a message on my Piano Marvel today saying I have a free 30 day trial of premium with 21 days left, and have access to 2000 songs. However when I go to the library, almost everything is still locked. Anyone else having this?

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Halaa] #2778966
11/07/18 12:50 PM
11/07/18 12:50 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

So I have a message on my Piano Marvel today saying I have a free 30 day trial of premium with 21 days left, and have access to 2000 songs. However when I go to the library, almost everything is still locked. Anyone else having this?

I'm a subscriber so I don't get this message. You can send a message to customer support and they will get back to you within 24 hours or so.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2779004
11/07/18 03:06 PM
11/07/18 03:06 PM
The Sunshine State
Halaa Offline
Halaa  Offline

The Sunshine State
Thanks! I found them on Facebook and shot them a message, they respond quickly. I have sent my issue and I hope for a quick response..I don't need the unlocked library, but it would be fun to see everything they have to offer! They have loads of Disney songs that definitely interest me grin

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Halaa] #2779201
11/08/18 06:36 AM
11/08/18 06:36 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
Thanks! I found them on Facebook and shot them a message, they respond quickly. I have sent my issue and I hope for a quick response..I don't need the unlocked library, but it would be fun to see everything they have to offer! They have loads of Disney songs that definitely interest me grin

I remeber the first days on Marvel, i could see all the songs, but play only the free ones. Do you use the new library or the old one? New one has tabs, click "all" ?

Last edited by Sarah65; 11/08/18 06:39 AM.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2779203
11/08/18 06:38 AM
11/08/18 06:38 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
Hi guys, I found a great exercise in the library. "Piano Method 2E" Ideal for beginners or people who have problems reading notes smile They are flascards left and right hand but at an insane speed. Definitely give it a try, I did 2 days before I had the first two exercises 100% in every speed pfffffffff, so hard.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2780015
11/11/18 07:51 AM
11/11/18 07:51 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
@Tyrone, I see you as the specialist in uploading music, hence the question. Is it possible to also upload background music, like in the lessons of Marvel? Or can you send that question to the technical staff? I tried to give the orchestra accompaniment as a MIDI file, and then as XML the piano notes, but that does not work frown
Thanks for the help.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2780059
11/11/18 10:48 AM
11/11/18 10:48 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

@Tyrone, I see you as the specialist in uploading music, hence the question. Is it possible to also upload background music, like in the lessons of Marvel? Or can you send that question to the technical staff? I tried to give the orchestra accompaniment as a MIDI file, and then as XML the piano notes, but that does not work frown
Thanks for the help.

Yes, this works. Just yesterday, I was doing a 4-handed duet that was breaking my head trying to learn it. I've only ever tried it when both the piano part and anything else is on the same score. I create a midi file of the entire thing and uploaded just the MusicXML file for one part but the MIDI file for both. It works fine. I've shared it with you in PM just now. Take a look yourself. I can email you the original Musescore version of the score too if you want to try it for yourself.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2780266
11/12/18 12:38 AM
11/12/18 12:38 AM
Italy
A
Angelos58 Offline
Angelos58  Offline
A

Italy
Tyrone Slothrop thank you very much.

It's a shame that PianoMarvel Administrator doesn't allow to try the xml upload option if you are not a premium member.

Could you, please, tell me how work the Right and Left Hand function with your xml upload?

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Angelos58] #2780269
11/12/18 01:29 AM
11/12/18 01:29 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by Angelos58
Tyrone Slothrop thank you very much.

It's a shame that PianoMarvel Administrator doesn't allow to try the xml upload option if you are not a premium member.

Yeah, this is clearly a premium feature. It's a very powerful feature too. It literally is the only feature I've used in PM for the last 4 months or so. I continue to subscribe because of this feature. In my book, it is an incredible practice feature, and is worth the couple of dollars a month it costs to keep my PM account alive for this feature.

Originally Posted by Angelos58
Could you, please, tell me how work the Right and Left Hand function with your xml upload?

If I understand you correctly, you are asking how one would "mince" a piece so you can practice hands separate, right? Well, taking my example of a piece with some background music which I discussed with Sarah65 above:
  • Go to the library
  • Click on the "Upload" button (either lower left or upper right depending on which interface you are using)
  • On the Upload window, either use the "+ Upload New Song Beta" button on the lower left to upload a new piece, or edit a piece you've already uploaded by clicking on the the circled pencil icon in the 6th column of the piece you want to edit (you can only edit pieces you uploaded yourself)
  • You will then see the edit song window (it will be called "New Song" when you are uploading the piece for the first time, although it will be almost, but not exactly identical - won't have the "XML Key Signature" field).
    [Linked Image]
  • After setting up the left and right of this window to you satisfaction, you can click on the "Create or Edit Practice Mode" button on the lower right. You then end up in the edit exercises window.
    [Linked Image]
  • To add a minced exercise (hands separate practice), click on the "+Add Exercise" button on the lower left of the "Minced" column on the right. You are now in the "Edit Exercise" window (also called "New Exercise" if you are making a new exercise). See below. As you can see below, you can set up some things for your exercise, including 3 different tempi to use and whether the exercise is for left hand, right hand, or both. You can set up the starting point and ending point of the exercise (points are not beats, but similar - see the videos I linked above in my message to GidgetKeys, for fuller explanation). In the example below, I created a simple exercise with measures 1 & 2, for my right hand only, and with 3 different tempi.
    [Linked Image]
  • Click on the "Save" button at the bottom and you return to the "Edit Exercises" window where you can see the new exercise you created.
    [Linked Image]
  • When done with all exercises, click the "Done" button at the bottom of the "Edit Exercises" window, and the "Save" button on the "Edit Song" window.

That's it.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  BB Player 

(ad)
Sweetwater - Keyboards
Sweetwater
New Topics - Multiple Forums
ABF Recital Index updated
by Sam S. 11/15/18 06:48 PM
Allegro Piano and My Bluthner Grand-Part 1
by cardguy2.0. 11/15/18 06:14 PM
Piano Mug Rugs!
by Sam S. 11/15/18 05:59 PM
Connecting Yamaha Silent to iPad
by edwardmatt83. 11/15/18 05:42 PM
Piano Buyer guide to pricing and features
by MacMacMac. 11/15/18 05:16 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Petrof
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics188,349
Posts2,761,464
Members91,493
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Please Support Our Advertisers
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

PianoTeq Petrof
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission