Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
68 registered members (AssociateX, bennevis, AprilE, Angelos58, Agent88, chen, accordeur, 20 invisible), 1,415 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: akc42] #2726237
04/03/18 08:52 AM
04/03/18 08:52 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
Originally Posted by akc42
Finally finished all of Level 5 in the Method section. I started posting the pieces into the 40 a year thread, as by my calculation I have finished 92 pieces now since the beginning of January (when I was at mid Level 3). It has taken almost 2 months of pretty intensive (around 6000 minutes of Piano Marvel time) playing to go from beginning to end in this level

I had already completed Level 5 in the Technique (see above)

The first piece in Level 6 is a Bach minuet in G minor - but the practice mode just shows the whole piece at the default tempo, so pretty useless. I have started to use the "Prepare" mode to learn the piece

You can create your own practice mode in "upload song" from the PDF files (Marvel level 6) you create a MIDI with Photoscore and you can edit it in Musescore and save it as *. Xml. If you want to I'll try to do it for you, you have helped me a lot smile

“The important thing is to feel your music, really feel it and believe it.” -Ray Charles
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2726256
04/03/18 11:06 AM
04/03/18 11:06 AM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline

Just outside London UK
Originally Posted by Sarah65
Finally finished all of Level 5 in the Method section. I started posting the pieces into the 40 a year thread, as by my calculation I have finished 92 pieces now since the beginning of January (when I was at mid Level 3). It has taken almost 2 months of pretty intensive (around 6000 minutes of Piano Marvel time) playing to go from beginning to end in this level

I had already completed Level 5 in the Technique (see above)

The first piece in Level 6 is a Bach minuet in G minor - but the practice mode just shows the whole piece at the default tempo, so pretty useless. I have started to use the "Prepare" mode to learn the piece

You can create your own practice mode in "upload song" from the PDF files (Marvel level 6) you create a MIDI with Photoscore and you can edit it in Musescore and save it as *. Xml. If you want to I'll try to do it for you, you have helped me a lot smile

I already downloaded the full piece from Musescore (the level 6 piece is only to the first repeat) - and have uploaded into my library. So no need for you to go to the trouble. In actual fact I have been playing Hands Separate and can do both with no errors (you just don't get a very high score) and am about to go do a stint and try and put it together.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: akc42] #2726447
04/04/18 08:44 AM
04/04/18 08:44 AM
Brighton, UK
TrevorM Offline
TrevorM  Offline

Brighton, UK

Yeah, I had a peek at level 6 and it seems pretty devoid of any help videos. It's pretty much, "you're on you own now!" laugh

Roland F130-R
Currently working on:
- Sound of Emotions
- Piano Marvel 3C
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2726506
04/04/18 12:44 PM
04/04/18 12:44 PM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
"You're on You own now!" starts in Level 4. They think that most of us don't get any further, so why bother. I think level 4-5-6 is not possible without teacher in real life.

“The important thing is to feel your music, really feel it and believe it.” -Ray Charles
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2726554
04/04/18 05:04 PM
04/04/18 05:04 PM
Brighton, UK
TrevorM Offline
TrevorM  Offline

Brighton, UK
"You're on You own now!" starts in Level 4. They think that most of us don't get any further, so why bother. I think level 4-5-6 is not possible without teacher in real life.

Hah. Ah well, I hope the PDFs are at least slightly instructive. smile

Whenever I feel I need motivation, I pull up this post from Erik BerikHerik. I wonder if he finished the course…? http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...at-400-h-on-piano-marvel-looks-like.html

Roland F130-R
Currently working on:
- Sound of Emotions
- Piano Marvel 3C
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2726563
04/04/18 05:31 PM
04/04/18 05:31 PM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline

Just outside London UK
Actually now I've got into Method Level 6A a bit more, the first piece doesn't really need a practice mode - its the first of 7 exercises all around the same Minuet in G minor - adding ornaments (mordents, turns and trills). I currently trying to nail exercise 3, which is playing the A section with ornaments.

And my attempts to upload a song and work with it have failed. I get the first bar and nothing more. Gave up for now.

And to get me here (from the beginning) is approximately 8500 minutes - 140 hours.

And @Sarah55, although I have a teacher now, she has not been involved at all in any of my Piano Marvel activities - I do think having a teacher 56 years ago who give me the basics helps though, as does the fact that I've been keeping the Technique section going to the same level.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2726612
04/04/18 10:03 PM
04/04/18 10:03 PM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
yippie

I finally got 100% on Arabia on the fast speed!!!!

I almost couldn't contain my excitement even as I was playing and I could recognize that every note was right. I just knew it was dumb luck and I'd never make it to the end without a mistake!

Do y'all immediately move on from a piece like that, or do you repeat just to prove you can do it again?

Alfred's Adult All-in-One, Book 1 🎹
Alfred's Greatest Hits Level 1 🎶
PianoVideoLessons.com
🎼 Piano Marvel 3D
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2726628
04/05/18 02:19 AM
04/05/18 02:19 AM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline

Just outside London UK
Originally Posted by GidgetKeys
yippie

I almost couldn't contain my excitement even as I was playing and I could recognize that every note was right. I just knew it was dumb luck and I'd never make it to the end without a mistake!

Do y'all immediately move on from a piece like that, or do you repeat just to prove you can do it again?

Congratulations - it feels great, especially when you have been trying for a while.

I tend to move on - you will hit piece after piece if you keep going where you hover around 98%, finally hit 99% and eventually hit your 100%. I started posting my pieces to "40 Year Club" and that has meant going back and trying again - I can get close but not 100%.

There is one place where I don't move on - and that is in practice mode, where I feel the 100% was a fluke, or where I scored 100% but knew I had made an error (on the longer pieces you can make an error and still get 100%)

Last edited by akc42; 04/05/18 02:21 AM.
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2726641
04/05/18 05:27 AM
04/05/18 05:27 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
yippie

Congratulations, more like that to come laugh I print all the songs I had difficulty with, and from that folder I try to play something occasionally. I forget about it quickly. Like "Arabia" I've certainly played 300 times before I took the 100%, and when I try again from the folder I know nothing anymore. That is the result of my "Alzheimer light" smile

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2726648
04/05/18 06:28 AM
04/05/18 06:28 AM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
I print all the songs I had difficulty with, and from that folder I try to play something occasionally.

That's a great idea, Sarah! I think I'll do that. I doubt I'd keep the pace that the app required for that particular piece, but I actually liked it better a little slower.

PianoVideoLessons.com
🎼 Piano Marvel 3D
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2726650
04/05/18 06:43 AM
04/05/18 06:43 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium

That's a great idea, Sarah! I think I'll do that. I doubt I'd keep the pace that the app required for that particular piece, but I actually liked it better a little slower.

I find the speed of the last pieces (at full speed) always too fast, I also prefer to play slower, otherwise my fingers pass each other smile And it feels so good to be able to read something from a sheet after barely one year, never thought I could ever.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2726907
04/06/18 06:45 AM
04/06/18 06:45 AM
Brighton, UK
TrevorM Offline
TrevorM  Offline

Brighton, UK

By the time I'd 100%ed that piece, I'd had enough of it and move on right away. I tend to just move on, unless it's something I really enjoy playing and, lets be honest, most of the Piano Marvel method pieces aren't things you'd play to entertain!

Last edited by TrevorM; 04/06/18 06:45 AM.

Roland F130-R
Currently working on:
- Sound of Emotions
- Piano Marvel 3C
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2726925
04/06/18 08:57 AM
04/06/18 08:57 AM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline

Just outside London UK
My six year old grandson had is first piano lesson with my teacher this last Tuesday. They did no more than learn the notes names (A,B ... etc) and how to find them on the keyboard and also form a nice bridged hand in the C position - with his homework being to write down in his book how to find all the notes by reference to where they were in relation to the black keys, and also to practice playing a rising scale with his hand so that whilst he is playing a note all the others remain glued to the keys. Yesterday he came over to my house and had completed the first part of his homework, so I showed him Piano Marvel and the very first exercise in the Technique Section. He played it over and over until he got 100%. It was fascinating to watch how the feeling of counting the beats slowly started to enter his brain, and then how co-ordinating his finger with the beat slowly came to him. Learning in action.

This morning I had to babysit him and his 4 year old brother, as their mother works and its the school easter holidays. I went over to his house early this morning. He had a few goes playing his scale with his other fingers glued to the keys and more or less achieved it (4th finger still a bit weak), but he then asked if he could go on to Piano Marvel again. I started him off on the second exercise, and he then continued all morning almost without stopping until he had got 100% on all exercises up to No 14. How do you get that much concentration out of a 6 year old boy? It was also clear (after I explained the concepts to him) that he was was really starting to read note lengths from looking at the music. At one point during this "playing" he called me over and pointed at a note on the screen and asked what that meant (it was a Semibrieve (whole note if you are American) - the first one he had come across).

His brother also wanted a go, but struggled to get any sensible score on the 1st exercise. However he was determined - and repeated it over an over again until he also got 100%. It probably took him 30 minutes. Again, you could watch this 4 year old beginning to pick up the beat and count. And he just wanted to stick with it. Normally his attention span is about 5 minutes with anything. Incidentally he had preciously called me upstairs to his bedroom where he has a small toy piano and proudly told me that he could find C. And he did. His brother had taught him.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2726927
04/06/18 09:16 AM
04/06/18 09:16 AM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
Awww.... that's so wonderful! I hope you'll keep us apprised of their progress. Sounds like you have 2 budding pianists there. I think that Piano Marvel holds attention like a video game but at least it's educational. I think if I'd had these types of tools available to me when I was a kid, I wouldn't have given up so easily.

PianoVideoLessons.com
🎼 Piano Marvel 3D
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2726929
04/06/18 09:31 AM
04/06/18 09:31 AM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline

Just outside London UK
I think if I'd had these types of tools available to me when I was a kid, I wouldn't have given up so easily.

Me neither - I never practiced as a kid. Reading the Piano Teachers forum, I would have been thrown out long ago - but I wasn't and had lessons every week for 5 years.

Although I didn't achieve much in those 5 years (scraped a grade 3), the lasting legacy I have now from then appears to be both a fairly inbuild ability to how to actually position and play with my hands, and a strong understanding of a reasonable level of theory.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2726986
04/06/18 01:34 PM
04/06/18 01:34 PM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
My grandchildren also all play a instrument (or two) and they are also fond of Marvel. I think it's great to teach kids that way to play piano, much more pleasant than hours of hand slap and Doremi drill and counting...

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: akc42] #2726989
04/06/18 01:50 PM
04/06/18 01:50 PM
B
bennevis Online content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
bennevis  Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B

I....... had lessons every week for 5 years.

Although I didn't achieve much in those 5 years (scraped a grade 3), the lasting legacy I have now from then appears to be both a fairly inbuild ability to how to actually position and play with my hands, and a strong understanding of a reasonable level of theory.

Don't underestimate what you learnt as a kid. I've met many lapsed adult pianists in the past few years - the vast majority of whom gave up between Grade 3 to 5 -, and it still surprises me how, when they sit down at the piano (after some gentle persuasion from me wink ) for the first time since they stopped lessons in their teens, they look like real pianists in the way they position their hands and use their fingers. Almost all of them can still read music too, and have a good level of aural skills.

It's like learning to swim or cycle - once you've achieved a certain degree of competency (especially as a kid, and was reasonably well taught), you never really lose it.

Incidentally, another thing I found was that if they've gone beyond Grade 5, they almost always go on to achieve their Grade 8. Which makes sense, as it means that they had passed Grade 5 Theory, which is all they need to do Grade 8 Practical.....and why wouldn't you, when you've got that far?

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life."
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2727089
04/06/18 07:37 PM
04/06/18 07:37 PM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
This looks interesting:

PianoVideoLessons.com
🎼 Piano Marvel 3D
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2727394
04/08/18 03:52 AM
04/08/18 03:52 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
Thank you GidgetKeys and good luck laugh

I can't do that, thumbs on B and D, and that's so typical Hal Leonard. Last year I tried with a teacher and she also used those books from Hal Leonard, it feels so awfully strange for me to share the middle C with your thumbs and your hands so close together, I just can't do it. Fail in the bootcamp already at level 1 laugh. And in Marvel I'm working on level 3E. Why would they want to teach that? Hands on C and G is much more logical, feels better also. Anyone have an explanation for it?

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2727627
04/09/18 04:40 AM
04/09/18 04:40 AM
Brighton, UK
TrevorM Offline
TrevorM  Offline

Brighton, UK
I'm really enjoying the Hal Leonard Popular Piano Boot Camp. Went to check out the books but they seem to have a different set of songs to the ones on Piano Marvel. I think perhaps PM is using an old, out-of-print, edition of the book. Still fun, tho.

I also noticed that if you search "boot camp" in the music library, there's also a Classical Boot Camp (Levels 3-10) and Disney Boot Camp (Levels 5-7, although 7 seems to be empty).

Roland F130-R
Currently working on:
- Sound of Emotions
- Piano Marvel 3C
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2727834
04/10/18 01:20 AM
04/10/18 01:20 AM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline

Just outside London UK
Finally nailed exercises 1 to 7 of Method Level 6A based on, but not the same, as Pretzold's Minuet in G minor. Its all about trills, and the exercise puts them in all the un-natural places it could find. I am trying to record the proper thing for the 40 pieces a year club, but the real trills are causing me issues.

The next set of exercises look, right now, as an impossible wall to climb. In essence it is Bach's Prelude No 1 (BWV 846) - but its played at speed and there is no practice modes at all. I have requested them from Piano Marvel, as the only way I can see of achieving this is to learn in small and slow chunks.

I've tried uploading this as my own song from Musescore so I can break it down, but I've got this weird problem (with this and with another uploaded piece of music) in that the tempo in each hand plays differently, causing them to slowly drift out of sync. Again I've e-mailed Piano Marvel about the issue, but not had any reply yet.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: akc42] #2727853
04/10/18 05:18 AM
04/10/18 05:18 AM
Brighton, UK
TrevorM Offline
TrevorM  Offline

Brighton, UK
The next set of exercises look, right now, as an impossible wall to climb. In essence it is Bach's Prelude No 1 (BWV 846) - but its played at speed and there is no practice modes at all. I have requested them from Piano Marvel, as the only way I can see of achieving this is to learn in small and slow chunks.

It looks like its available in the Library. Have you tried practicing with that one? It does seem pretty odd that they didn't make it available as chunked in the lessons themselves, though.

Roland F130-R
Currently working on:
- Sound of Emotions
- Piano Marvel 3C
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: akc42] #2727880
04/10/18 07:37 AM
04/10/18 07:37 AM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline

Just outside London UK
Finally nailed exercises 1 to 7 of Method Level 6A based on, but not the same, as Pretzold's Minuet in G minor. Its all about trills, and the exercise puts them in all the un-natural places it could find. I am trying to record the proper thing for the 40 pieces a year club, but the real trills are causing me issues.

Piano lesson with my teacher today - briefly discussed this and I was playing the trills wrong - trying to fit one extra note in. Apparently (according to my teacher) it depends on when in history the music was written as to what the trill symbol actually means.

So, will go back and try it again with the correct trills.

Re Prelude
Originally Posted by TrevorM
It looks like its available in the Library. Have you tried practicing with that one?

I'll go look and see. But...

Got to start a new piece with my teacher ("Cool" ABRSM grade 5 piece). Rhythm is very tricky, needs lots of counting so as to hit notes on the offbeat. Piano Marvel is going to have to take a back seat whilst I get this underway.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2729076
04/14/18 09:09 PM
04/14/18 09:09 PM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
Well, I made it through the Level 1 boot camp in the sight reading challenge. A little disappointed with myself at only an 80%. Guess I need to work harder.

PianoVideoLessons.com
🎼 Piano Marvel 3D
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: akc42] #2729098
04/15/18 02:09 AM
04/15/18 02:09 AM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline

Just outside London UK

Got to start a new piece with my teacher ("Cool" ABRSM grade 5 piece). Rhythm is very tricky, needs lots of counting so as to hit notes on the offbeat. Piano Marvel is going to have to take a back seat whilst I get this underway.

Interestingly I am actually using Piano Marvel to learn this piece. On Thursday I sat down with Musescore and entered (with the help of my piano) the entire score of Cool into it. Then I tried to load it into Piano Marvel, but for some reason it would only load the first 17 bars. So I contacted the Piano Marvel support team and explained the issue, and they looked into it, discovered some problems and redid the score for me using Finale on Windows.

Problems they fixed were
  • Grace notes are made as a very short note in a separate voice at the end of the bar before
  • Tied notes across bars have to be in the same voice in each bar
  • Separate voices in a bar can't start near the end without the correct number of rests before hand (Musescore can start a voice mid bar, but Piano Marvel shifts to the beginning of the bar)
  • The piece has an 8va sign for the last few notes, with might have been the problem which caused Piano Marvel not to load the whole piece (they deleted my last bar and re-entered it - but forgot to add the 8va - more below)

They loaded the piece up for me, but also e-mailed me back the corrected .mid and .xml file

When I checked what they had done it wasn't perfect, in that the last 4 notes didn't have the 8va sign and therefore were an octave too low and they had lost the swing time (which is a key component for the first 90% of the music, when it reverts to the standard steady beat)

So I tried correcting it with Musescore - that just managed to screw the .xml files up again so that the voicing and tied note problems mentioned above appeared in the piece

In the end, looked at the .xml file they had sent me in a text editor - worked out where the last 4 notes were and manually altered the .xml to play those notes higher. I also produced the .mid file with the correct swing in it using Musescore.

I have now loaded these revised files into Piano Marvel and then created the chopped practice sessions breaking down the piece natural 4(ish) bar sections at 60, 90 and 144 bpm and now started playing the piece in Piano Marvel!

And so far I have scored 100% on the chopped exercises for bars 1-5, 5-9, 1-9 and 10-13 at all three tempos, so well on my way!

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2729127
04/15/18 08:56 AM
04/15/18 08:56 AM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
Wow, akc42, that sounds very technical and complicated!

PianoVideoLessons.com
🎼 Piano Marvel 3D
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2729137
04/15/18 09:48 AM
04/15/18 09:48 AM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline

Just outside London UK
Yes it was a bit technical and complicated - but having been a computer programmer for the last 56 years (since I was 11 years old) it doesn't phase me anymore. I must say wonderful help from Piano Marvel support and a fantastic end result

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: akc42] #2729140
04/15/18 10:02 AM
04/15/18 10:02 AM
Tyrone Slothrop Online content
500 Post Club Member
Tyrone Slothrop  Online Content
500 Post Club Member

Yes, Piano Marvel does have wonderful support. I've had a few email exchanges with the support staff and the owner, Aaron Garner, and they've been very receptive, communicative, and helpful, including on an outage that happened Friday night. One of their support people told me about an amazing "undocumented" feature which has really helped me tremendously.

Do the other Piano Marvel users though notice an occasional lag at the start of the metronome? I've had the pieces get out of sync on my Windows 10 machine where the position pointer, background music, and the metronome are a fraction of a beat out-of-sync -- maybe 10% of the time. PianoMarvel did send me some beta software to try out and see if it resolves this, and having been in IT 35 years, I have an aversion to anything that is "beta", but I think I will go try it soon. (I've also sent a PM on this forum to the other PianoMarvel users on a related issue.)

across the stone, deathless piano performances
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: akc42] #2729142
04/15/18 10:11 AM
04/15/18 10:11 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

yippie

Congratulations - it feels great, especially when you have been trying for a while.

I tend to move on - you will hit piece after piece if you keep going where you hover around 98%, finally hit 99% and eventually hit your 100%. I started posting my pieces to "40 Year Club" and that has meant going back and trying again - I can get close but not 100%.

There is one place where I don't move on - and that is in practice mode, where I feel the 100% was a fluke, or where I scored 100% but knew I had made an error (on the longer pieces you can make an error and still get 100%)

I have a self-imposed hurdle (because I'm OCD), I don't move on from a piece in the system until I am error-free two consecutive attempts. Even a single error, and my "counter" resets to zero. haha. As PianoMarvel users know, you can be 100% and still have errors. I first encountered Arabia on Wednesday. I finally was error-free twice in a row at the full speed version yesterday. Probably took 3 hrs of practicing. And I'd like to conclude with "may I never see it again" smile

Last edited by Slothrop, Tyrone; 04/15/18 10:14 AM.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2729144
04/15/18 10:20 AM
04/15/18 10:20 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Has anyone found a live human teacher that uses PianoMarvel for paid "distance learning" lessons? I went to the list of PianoMarvel teachers on the website, and it seems most are inactive now.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  BB Player 

(ad)
Sweetwater - Keyboards
Sweetwater
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Of speakers and watts
by mydp. 11/13/18 05:35 PM
altered chords and chord progressions
by Jitin. 11/13/18 12:26 PM
Ornette Coleman's "Lonely Woman"
by KenBakerMN. 11/13/18 08:54 AM
Crackling noise when recording digital piano
by Tommm777. 11/13/18 01:01 AM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Petrof
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics188,318
Posts2,760,828
Members91,484
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Please Support Our Advertisers
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

PianoTeq Petrof
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission